What Content Would You Like Added?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
No, a lot of people have complaints about difficulty, and get offended when people point out there's an Easy Mode. It's seriously not hard though, I have a 334-0 win/loss record.

The real problem would be overhauling the system in place, I think. It would probably be an absolute bitch.
Wow, okay Syri. I see you flexing your wins rn but you gonna find out the bar has more than one champ.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Wow, okay Syri. I see you flexing your wins rn but you gonna find out the bar has more than one champ.
Ha, my bad. I didn't think it was super impressive, that's just from walking around hostile areas. I figure there are quite a few people with more wins from grinding or something.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Ha, my bad. I didn't think it was super impressive, that's just from walking around hostile areas. I figure there are quite a few people with more wins from grinding or something.
Sure are. There's almost no reason to grind though apart from making creds and looking for a specific drop. Some people are so oft to complain on the ease of which thou mayest succeed. Perhaps level increase requirements need to be raised.

Reactions: SeriousBlueJewel
Apr 23, 2019
I'd like for female characters to get pregnant from Chaurmine. Perhaps as another thing when you finish the whole 'love' plot with him.

I'd love to see my female Steele become his broodmother.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
there should be a option on your ship to play randomized puzzle games.
the bomb and locked door minigames are pretty cool.

Reactions: ShySquare

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I can just picture the scene.

Steele: "Hmm, I'm thirsty. Wonder what I can drink."
*Goes to the fridge and tries to open the door*
Ship's Computer: "This door has now been locked and can only be opened by completing the puzzle in 9 moves or less. Failure to complete the puzzle will see all items in the fridge destroyed."
Steele: "....BUT THAT'S WHERE I KEEP MY JUICE BOXES!"

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
I can just picture the scene.

Steele: "Hmm, I'm thirsty. Wonder what I can drink."
*Goes to the fridge and tries to open the door*
Ship's Computer: "This door has now been locked and can only be opened by completing the puzzle in 9 moves or less. Failure to complete the puzzle will see all items in the fridge destroyed."
Steele: "....BUT THAT'S WHERE I KEEP MY JUICE BOXES!"

NOT THE JUICE BOXES :eek:

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can try to leave at each 4 months

Yup http://prntscr.com/ne11je

incidentally, if you actually -read- it, it also becomes quite clear

Nice. People not reading in a text game, surprising huh?

finally got the chance to double check this and...

Nothing. No option to leave.

just stuck with "4 months" and nothing else.

idk if it's something wrong with my end or what, but yeah.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Like I said before 4months to hatch and 4months to bond/educate/whatever.

This is why you should wait until a sufficient number of eggs are in storage before using up 8 months.

Also you guys are confusing laying, incubating and bonding. Each take 4 months. If go through the entire process for the current pregnancy it will take a year.

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
Like I said before 4months to hatch and 4months to bond/educate/whatever.

This is why you should wait until a sufficient number of eggs are in storage before using up 8 months.

Also you guys are confusing laying, incubating and bonding. Each take 4 months. If go through the entire process for the current pregnancy it will take a year.

yeah, so it'd be nice to either just have a sign saying 8 months/ 1 year going in, or let us leave after 4 months. As is is, you go in expecting to just be there for 4 months, but you someone accidentally spend an entire year there, which i find to be kind of annoying, and a little bit false-advertising.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
finally got the chance to double check this and...

Nothing. No option to leave.

just stuck with "4 months" and nothing else.

idk if it's something wrong with my end or what, but yeah.

I notice that you only posted 'after they hatch', i.e, already eight months later, and at the end of the process, a year later. So, just to be clear, you -did- see the option to leave after the first four months and just decided not to post that; either charitably, because I already did, or uncharitably, because you still want license to complain about 'false advertising'. correct?

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
I notice that you only posted 'after they hatch', i.e, already eight months later, and at the end of the process, a year later. So, just to be clear, you -did- see the option to leave after the first four months and just decided not to post that; either charitably, because I already did, or uncharitably, because you still want license to complain about 'false advertising'. correct?

Nope. to get those photos i went to Frosty, the eggs have been laid but not hatched at this point. i then hit "4 months..."

this brings me to the first image. which only says "4 months..." there is no option to leave.

after clicking 4 months the second time, there is the 2nd image. which still does not have an option to leave.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
the eggs have been laid. So. You already left after the first four months. You've already done the thing. There is no 'entire year'

EDIT: Unless I'm very mistaken and you incubate those while also somehow impregnating one of the two of you again causing something super-weird to happen. can't be bothered to replicate, so who knows...

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
This is a long ass thread and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it would be pretty cool if you could have Brandy teach the pc sign language. It could be based off of intelligence in regards to time and how long it takes and could also be used to decrease or increase the pc's alignment. This will also require some dialogue changes from Brandy since Moo! wouldn't make for much of a conversation.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
okay, that's fair.

but it would still be nice then if the "4 months..." i AM clicking at this point was either changed to "8 months" or however long you inevitably wait between laying the eggs and them being grown up. As-is, you sign up for four months, but get sucked into much more then that with no means of escape. kind of false-advertising i feel.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
okay, that's fair.

but it would still be nice then if the "4 months..." i AM clicking at this point was either changed to "8 months" or however long you inevitably wait between laying the eggs and them being grown up. As-is, you sign up for four months, but get sucked into much more then that with no means of escape. kind of false-advertising i feel.

Again, it takes for 4 months to lay the eggs, 4 months to incubate them and finally 4 months to educate them. You're only given the option to leave after waiting to birth them, after that the incubation process is tied into the weaning/education phase. I understand your frustration with the tool-tip and I suggest you bring it up with Frosty's author.

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
Again, it takes for 4 months to lay the eggs, 4 months to incubate them and finally 4 months to educate them. You're only given the option to leave after waiting to birth them, after that the incubation process is tied into the weaning/education phase. I understand your frustration with the tool-tip and I suggest you bring it up with Frosty's author.

Yeah, that's the big problem. i know it takes 8 months for total incubation, but since you have no way to leave during the total incubation, then the button to start it should say "8 months" rather then "4 months", or just let you leave 4 months in and pick it up again later. I can justify staying for 4 months, then coming back and checking all my messages, any newborn children, any events that i may have missed etc. I can't really do that for 8 months though, and i feel it's kind of false-advertising to say it's only 4 months when it's 8.

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
This is a long ass thread and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it would be pretty cool if you could have Brandy teach the pc sign language. It could be based off of intelligence in regards to time and how long it takes and could also be used to decrease or increase the pc's alignment. This will also require some dialogue changes from Brandy since Moo! wouldn't make for much of a conversation.
FUCK yes sign language!!!!!!!! I fucking love sign language, holy shit. If you could learn sign language in the game, I'd fucking become a backer without hesitation, fuck my lack of money.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Yeah, that's the big problem. i know it takes 8 months for total incubation, but since you have no way to leave during the total incubation, then the button to start it should say "8 months" rather then "4 months", or just let you leave 4 months in and pick it up again later. I can justify staying for 4 months, then coming back and checking all my messages, any newborn children, any events that i may have missed etc. I can't really do that for 8 months though, and i feel it's kind of false-advertising to say it's only 4 months when it's 8.

Except you can't leave after the eggs are laid and come back to newborn children.
There is one matter yet, my mate, Erin cautions. Your attention is undivided on her. Though our mating has taken, and we shall lay our progeny as I had described, its bearing will not hatch without the knowing watch and attunement of its sires. Both of the kip’s bearers must be present, else they will never hatch.

You ask if that presents any significant danger to your kids – say, for example, if you needed to leave, and the egg won’t hatch unless you’re there, would they eventually, uh, ‘expire’ in the egg if you took too long? There is a risk of overdue hatching causing our kip’s growth to stunt, though otherwise, there is no risk of it perishing within the shell.

You're allowed to leave after the first 4 months, when Frosty lays them, and the eggs will just kinda hang there. If you decide not to leave you're stuck for the 8 months it'll take for them to hatch and learn what they need to, otherwise it can negatively affect the kips.
Also, the buttons are labeled 4 months because they skip ahead 4 months to the next milestone in the process of their growth.
Suppose a tool tip saying you'll be stuck a while on your last chance to leave couldn't hurt.

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
Except you can't leave after the eggs are laid and come back to newborn children.

i never said that's what i wanted. there was never a point where i said i wanted to leave after the eggs were laid, and then come back to newborn children.

what i DID say was that i wanted the "4 months" prompt that you get AFTER the eggs are laid, that you use TO HATCH the eggs, to instead be changed to an "8 months..." prompt, or a "1 year..." prompt. Because when you START hatching the eggs, you DON'T spend 4 months with Frosty, you spend EIGHT months with Frosty, maybe more, i can't recall entirely. and i feel like it's kind of false advertising. If you forget the details of the incubation, then you go in expecting just four months to pass, and then quickly see eight months to a year pass, and i feel like that's just not okay.

Just change the "4 months..." prompt to an "8 months..." prompt. that's literally all i want. that would fix 100% of the problems i have with Frosy's egg-hatching questchain whatever. it can still be separated into 4-month writing batches, just have "next" instead of a 2nd "4 months" in order to access months 5-8.

that is all i am saying.

please stop putting words in my mouth.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
i never said that's what i wanted. there was never a point where i said i wanted to leave after the eggs were laid, and then come back to newborn children.

what i DID say was that i wanted the "4 months" prompt that you get AFTER the eggs are laid, that you use TO HATCH the eggs, to instead be changed to an "8 months..." prompt, or a "1 year..." prompt. Because when you START hatching the eggs, you DON'T spend 4 months with Frosty, you spend EIGHT months with Frosty, maybe more, i can't recall entirely. and i feel like it's kind of false advertising. If you forget the details of the incubation, then you go in expecting just four months to pass, and then quickly see eight months to a year pass, and i feel like that's just not okay.

Just change the "4 months..." prompt to an "8 months..." prompt. that's literally all i want. that would fix 100% of the problems i have with Frosy's egg-hatching questchain whatever. it can still be separated into 4-month writing batches, just have "next" instead of a 2nd "4 months" in order to access months 5-8.

that is all i am saying.

please stop putting words in my mouth.

That's my fault, I misunderstood what you said in your last message. After reading it again I see that. It wasn't meant to be anything personal or anything like that. Simply meant to clarify why you couldn't do what I thought you had wanted.

Reactions: Tubten

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Hmm, would be cool to have people in the world that can teach you special moves, like dudes and chicks that could teach you to do special moves if your skills are high enough or just outright teach you skill moves from other classes. Like imagine having an attack like the Ranger takedown move from Fallout new vegas for all classes. Or Like a sundering attack with your melee weapons, or maybe like a dibilitating shot for tech and ranged people to slow or stun people, just moves that give more to the combat and makes you go out to find these guys that can kickass.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
I wish we could have more bad ends where the PC gets dominated but retains their normal form and/or sanity. Giving Haley Throbb and losing to the Forgehound come to mind as perfect examples of domination-based bad ends that, at least in my personal opinion, are made worse by the fact that the PC get modded into a big-lipped bimbo with no semblance of their former identity in the end. Having their mind broken certainly has its own appeal because your character acts as a shell of their former self, but forcing them into a completely different physical form that has no relation to the original in combination with that kinda just makes it seem like the situation isn't even happening to the PC at that point. Once those kinds of mods get introduced, I just get the impression that the PC effectively dies the moment they take effect instead of having to endure the humiliation that would otherwise accompany a bad end like that. I think it's way hotter when the PC can understand the ramifications of their situation while the unique physical form the player gave them basically gets turned into a living sex toy and/or pet, and giving them disturbingly large features like breasts or lips while breaking their mind so much that they don't even care about it just ruins it for me. I can deal with mind break and body modification on their own (except lips. That just makes me incredibly uncomfortable) even if they aren't specifically what I'm looking for because they're so often associated with the kind of content that I do like and I've learned to enjoy them, but when you put them together, I feel like it makes the final product just as meaningless as if the main bad guy shot the PC to death before pulling out a completely unrelated sex doll and going to town on that until you're prompted to reload your save.

This is obviously a personal suggestion and I'm not saying this needs to get added to the game immediately or that the existing content needs to be changed or anything like that. I know there are other people who prefer the kinds of bad ends where the PC gets modded up to what I'm suggesting and they should have content tailored to them as well, but I just wanted to give my opinion on it so maybe a writer could keep it in mind somewhere down the line when they write their own bad end.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I just thought the game would have more variety and would make for a wholesome moment if the pc decided so.

Considering there's already an item to help mutes talk I don't think it would make much sense. Better to give her that thing. I don't remember the name, We give it to Pexiga so she regains her speech back.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Considering there's already an item to help mutes talk I don't think it would make much sense. Better to give her that thing. I don't remember the name, We give it to Pexiga so she regains her speech back.
Gains any speech, rather. We essentially uplifted her.

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
I wish we could have more bad ends where the PC gets dominated but retains their normal form and/or sanity. Giving Haley Throbb and losing to the Forgehound come to mind as perfect examples of domination-based bad ends that, at least in my personal opinion, are made worse by the fact that the PC get modded into a big-lipped bimbo with no semblance of their former identity in the end.

mm.....but what if I've -already- modded my Steele's lips to be 'universe distorting'?

more serious response; If we're still in our bodies, and still sane, then wherefore the bad end? I mean, there's a couple 'abandon your quest' ends. I suppose you could get trapped somewhere forever?

I'm not sure what item this is? Regardless, her not wanting another mod or the mod not being able to override the treatment's effect wouldn't be strange. Sign language makes sense and would be good content for her.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
Sign language does make more sense than shoving a huge dumbell into her tongue. Plus, I don't doubt that ASL users play this game, and it'd be nice for them to have some rep.