What content would you like added?

Rampent Pervect

Aug 21, 2018
You mean to say in a world of sissification, bimbofication, himbofication, transformation, sex-change, mind-control, and more, that the kitsune can't actually do that to you? Really? I heavily disagree.
Your example with the football game was a case of alternate outcomes, all of which were possible. If something is non-canon is can fall outside of the possible alternate outcomes whether because they literally can't happen or because it goes entirely against a character's... er... character.

As an example not using the kitsune, there are a few endings in which Kasyrra shows up. One of them is if you lose to Jyrranaz in the 'Land of Milky Honey' quest. The Champion is, over time, transformed into a corrupted vesparan and when Kas shows up a year later she doesn't recognize them. But there's no way in hell that Kas hadn't been keeping track of the Champion and wouldn't know who they were when you consider how important their soul is to her primary goal.

Besides, if the writers of the game say to ignore what happens in bad ends, then maybe you should ignore what happens in bad ends. It's non-canon. It doesn't matter. It's just there to go wild with some fetish-y stuff for the people that are into it.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Your example with the football game was a case of alternate outcomes, all of which were possible. If something is non-canon is can fall outside of the possible alternate outcomes whether because they literally can't happen or because it goes entirely against a character's... er... character.

As an example not using the kitsune, there are a few endings in which Kasyrra shows up. One of them is if you lose to Jyrranaz in the 'Land of Milky Honey' quest. The Champion is, over time, transformed into a corrupted vesparan and when Kas shows up a year later she doesn't recognize them. But there's no way in hell that Kas hadn't been keeping track of the Champion and wouldn't know who they were when you consider how important their soul is to her primary goal.

Besides, if the writers of the game say to ignore what happens in bad ends, then maybe you should ignore what happens in bad ends. It's non-canon. It doesn't matter. It's just there to go wild with some fetish-y stuff for the people that are into it.
For the Land of Milky Honey ending, you can justify it by claiming that Kasyrra doesn't see much use for you anymore. Your special soul? Absolutely pointless now. Maybe you just ended up as a disappointment. Harsh, but very possible. But half the time, the writing can be inconsistent throughout the game, so who knows? As for the ignoring part, I can't. What I know is forever stuck in my brain and will always influence my thoughts on the kitsune.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
This problem could be rectified by not tying the "asshole" personality to corruption. This is one of my biggest gripes with the game tbh. I often times find myself giving some of my characters large amounts of corruption because they'd have a shitty personality and there is no other way to express it.
Certainly a personality switch would help, but you don't inherently have to undertake corrupt actions in the story to raise corruption, do you? You can gain it through inconsequential incidents or even items. If you plan to act like a rude dude but not really take the rude dude options, you could upkeep it that way. Not ideal, but a makeshift solution is still a solution.

Alright, if it wasn't supposed to do that, why give us a character that we can personally customise as our own? What's the point then? It's supposed to be our "vessel" so to speak, in the game. Basically a blank slate or what looks to be one. A character with no established history whatsoever to do what we want with. Cloud is already a preestablished character in the game with a prior history and personality. The game suffers some tonal inconsistency because of this, if that was the intent of the PC, you should have named them "Bepo The Slut Savior" with a prior history and done what ff7 did. There's still no explanation why having more choice is a bad thing at all, either.
Your character isn't a blank canvas. You have a core personality, it's just influenced by the corruption you've collected, as it were. Sure, some writers veer a little further off from center mass than others, but that is inconsistency in enforcement and nothing to indicate you're a blank canvas. The ability to customize a character has, quite literally my good forum-goer, nothing, NOTHING to do with whether you have free reign to do as you dream in every game that features it. I don't even know where you ever got such an assumption, frankly. Unless the only games you've ever played are Elder Scrolls games, 99% of games that feature character customization don't also include the ability to freely manipulate the story and state of the world. Those are far and away minority instances and doing it that way has a tendency to cause issues regardless. Why do you think, say, Skyrim introduced so many NPCs marked as essential? So you can't screw up every questline and break the game by being a murderhobo.

Sure, they might be literally different. However, 90% of the time in the game, corruption leads to evil for other characters. Take the centaurs for example. They were normal before, but after being corrupted they end up becoming a bunch of rape monsters. That doesn't quite sound like they ain't evil at that point in time. The fact that Tollus is also still a human somehow, proves my point that there should be more to the whole corruption/evil nuance thing too. Corruption can also be the champion doing an evil thing, they feel guilty at first, but slowly that guilt fades the more they do it. What that action is? I have no idea, maybe something dark they may have thought they weren't capable of before.
Ooooh, yes, yes, we're getting there for sure. You're aaaalmost to the realization. You've recognized that other characters who aren't the champion can be corrupt and/or evil! But we took two steps back at the end there, once again putting corruption and evil into the same category for the player. And Tollus being human still (a) may not be true, he could be a demon disguising himself as something else, which is something we've seen other evil characters do already, or (b) he could just be...refraining from sex with demons and thus not becoming physically corrupted and changed into a demon. The realization you very nearly reached is that evil can lead to corruption, and corruption can lead to evil, buuuut...corruption in this setting is a physical occurrence that is largely sexual in lore, and doesn't have to be evil. The player can undergo corruption, but cannot be evil. Tollus is a great example of a definite evil that may or may not be "corrupt" in the lore of the game. In a sense, he is equal and opposite the champion.

I think your problem is that you have no idea what corruption is, but by definition, you want the ability to be evil. Sure, fine. If that's your flavor, go for it. But you can't complain that every game ever doesn't allow you to be evil. It's unrealistic and childish. Games, regardless of genre, are a form of art and a medium for telling a story. No one is obliged to make a story that caters specifically to any one group of people. It is a choice. This dev team have largely chosen to not make one catering to murder-happy folks like yourself.

I've seen people here complain about COC and how COC2 is superior by comparison. I thought the same until my own curiosity and seeing others hype the game up made me want to play it. Once I did and figured out how to not get my character brutaly raped everytime, I loved it. A lot. So you can imagine my frustration and why I'd love to see COC2 resemble COC more. Again, this is coming from a guy who thought COC2 was pretty good before and the superior game, and I honestly don't think I'm alone in thinking this way.
For the purpose of this thread, you haven't asked for anything specific to be added, you've been complaining that you can't be evil. I would take that to the gripes thread, personally, but you do you.

For remaining here, I would suggest thinking of specifics. Come up with actual things in some amount of detail that you'd like to see. If they continue in the vein of pointless murder, sure they'll probably be ignored, but at least that would be more constructive than empty comparisons, complaining, and throwing around concepts you don't seem to concretely understand, but "feel." Now you're down to just saying "I like COC1 more, be more like COC1" which is entirely unhelpful.

P.S. If you want a cheat sheet for understanding the difference between evil and corruption in this game, think of corruption as a type of STI, and evil is murdering innocent people!

Now I'm done! Moving on. Sorry for the wall of text, folks. Please enjoy the rest of your thread. <3

Reactions: Bluebird42

Rampent Pervect

Aug 21, 2018
For the Land of Milky Honey ending, you can justify it by claiming that Kasyrra doesn't see much use for you anymore. Your special soul? Absolutely pointless now. Maybe you just ended up as a disappointment. Harsh, but very possible. But half the time, the writing can be inconsistent throughout the game, so who knows? As for the ignoring part, I can't. What I know is forever stuck in my brain and will always influence my thoughts on the kitsune.
Unless Kas has miraculously found another way to birth real children rather than imps then I highly doubt that.

But you're entitled to your opinions and feelings. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Certainly a personality switch would help, but you don't inherently have to undertake corrupt actions in the story to raise corruption, do you? You can gain it through inconsequential incidents or even items. If you plan to act like a rude dude but not really take the rude dude options, you could upkeep it that way. Not ideal, but a makeshift solution is still a solution.
That's.. kinda opposite of what I meant lol. Sorry for explaining myself really badly there. What I meant was that when I create a new Champ I often use the Save Editor to "fix" that Champ's appereance and while I do that if I decide that the Champ is an asshole I end up giving them a lot of corruption to get the "asshole" personality, even if they technically would not be that corrupt. I feel the Corruption and the Personality scores should be seperated. Both turning into a jackass because I fucked a lot of demons and becoming sex-crazed because I was mean to people feels equally weird.

Reactions: redlightnin55

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Why do you think, say, Skyrim introduced so many NPCs marked as essential? So you can't screw up every questline and break the game by being a murderhobo.
People hate that fact about the game and raise Morrowind for letting you just merc Vivic with a "with this character's death the thread of prophecy is severed". Skyrim just dumbed down it like with the skill system and like oblivion did before it, so I would not use Bethesda's being unable to make the game work in a failstate like Morrowind did as a point.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
People hate that fact about the game and raise Morrowind for letting you just merc Vivic with a "with this character's death the thread of prophecy is severed". Skyrim just dumbed down it like with the skill system and like oblivion did before it, so I would not use Bethesda's being unable to make the game work in a failstate like Morrowind did as a point.
People can dislike it all they want. The fact remains that from a game design standpoint it's easier to do, requires less work, and causes less headaches from a writing standpoint, whilst enabling less people to complain that killing X ruined Y questline and they didn't know ahead of time. Besides that, most people who play the games do the quests, rather than murder the quest givers. It's just the nature of your average gamer.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
It WOULD be nice to have a second way into the Den -- maybe Orb!Kiyo could give you a hint as to a way in?

Given how obviously evil Evergreen is, locking yourself outta that much content if you don't help her or otherwise don't have access to her isn't ideal. I'll bring it up with Tobs next time he's free.
This I can agree with, it would be nice ot be able to enter the den without needing to hit the griddy on Nakano.

• Sad
Reactions: Loveless

Loveless

May 29, 2022
"I use Blade Block which makes me impervious to all physical attacks for 3 actions. All melee attacks made against me are perfectly countere---"

The giant crossbow lodged up my ass:

DMV-eluU8AE6pRI

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Honestly, reflavoring Bessy as a pump action shotgun is one of the funniest shit you can do in this game. Just take Triple Threat and Resplended Aria and become a menace to society.

Reactions: SomeNobody

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Given how obviously evil Evergreen is, locking yourself outta that much content if you don't help her or otherwise don't have access to her isn't ideal. I'll bring it up with Tobs next time he's free.
Mommy Mistress Miss ahem Lady Evergreen can't be evil! She gives cuddles and free drinks and calls me pet names.

Next you're going to tell me that something is delicious suspicious about Kalysea...

On that note I would like more of both =D

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
There's no indication in game that bad ends are complete make believe and not indicative of the capability of characters/villians or stakes of events. Probably because the next question is "Then what the hell are they?" I dunno. If you want me to just ignore them...then....what?

I don't mind them in as much as like I implied they show the stakes. I am surprised they don't come up more in TiTs discussions though because WOW even the very darkest CoC2 bad ends feel like nothing next to some of TiTs.

There's a bad end in TiTs if you lose to a black Void pirate during a quest for Akane that is nightmare fuel...if that was just meant to be solely some extra smut for losing then that makes the bad ends so much more awful now that I think about it. Maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Number of people who experience bad ends: low

Number of people who ENJOY said bad ends:
What, 1 or 2/10 players?

Last edited:

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
People can dislike it all they want. The fact remains that from a game design standpoint it's easier to do, requires less work, and causes less headaches from a writing standpoint, whilst enabling less people to complain that killing X ruined Y questline and they didn't know ahead of time. Besides that, most people who play the games do the quests, rather than murder the quest givers. It's just the nature of your average gamer.
People who complain about losing out on content because they murdered the quest giver are already a minority by your statement, so we are protecting a minority who are already trying to kill important NPC's/quest givers from themselves and their bad actions. In less extreme terms it's like taking the option to push Azzy into the honey which a small amount of people are going to pick in the first place, letting you click the button but having it do nothing because the dev's already knows you want more of her content so it would be crazy to just get rid of her and plus it's less work to not have to account for her not being around thus saving them time and making sure no one can complain about missing out on more Azzy content.

I'm just saying to let people make bad choices, dev's don't need to handhold a majority of players anyway.

Anyway to get somewhat back on topic why don't we have a pair of heels yet? Carmen gets some and so does Viv, so why not us.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Number of people who experience bad ends: low

Number of people who ENJOY said bad ends:
What, 1 or 2/10 players?
I for one enjoy triggering bad ends that are not fight-related. Why's that. you might ask? I refuse to lose any powers my Champion may have learnt :p

Reactions: Medge

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
After reading all of the discussion that's been going on here for the past day or so, I think I know what content I would like added. I would like a line of size 26 bold red underlined text saying
ANY AND ALL CONTENT PAST THIS POINT IS TO BE CONSIDERED NON-CANON, AND MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHIN THE ACTUAL SETTING OF THE GAME ITSELF
to the start of every bad end page, so that people wouldn't keep using them to make inferences about the game world.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Then just give me an option not to see them if they're completely meaningless. They're less then useless at that point to me.

Don't need to picture my character going through some of this vile crap.
There's no indication in game that bad ends are complete make believe and not indicative of the capability of characters/villians or stakes of events. Probably because the next question is "Then what the hell are they?" I dunno. If you want me to just ignore them...then....what?

Seriously. I don't get it. Put them in the fiction section of the website if they're meaningless to the game, if the writers and dev's themselves want us to pretend they don't exist.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Seriously. I don't get it. Put them in the fiction section of the website if they're meaningless to the game, if the writers and dev's themselves want us to pretend they don't exist.
If the Bad Ends are meaning less I would argue that any combat loss that gives a sex scene are to. Who really is going to lose to an imp and have it assault you? A small group of people are the only ones interested in that, most people just want to win the fight not lose.

Jokes aside basically all Bad Ends are just massive "what if's" a uses of a looking glass to see what if the champ lost here, what might happen, what could happen. It's non cannon because that's how games handles the main character falling in a critical situation, in shooters it's taking too many bullets and "dying" but we all know that's not what really happened. What really happened was the MC valiantly shot all the bad guys and won and its the same here, we already won we beat Kas and saved the day it's set in stone for the most part. The Game is just a vehicle for us to see how we won, so any loss on the way is just not cannon and as I said above all the Bad Ends are just "what if's" of if we lost but since we didn't lose all those things are made up. The only reason they are like that is because the nature of the game we are playing and some times that nature is sexual and sometimes it's dark.

Reactions: Furiae

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
If the Bad Ends are meaning less I would argue that any combat loss that gives a sex scene are to. Who really is going to lose to an imp and have it assault you? A small group of people are the only ones interested in that, most people just want to win the fight not lose.
Not the same at all. Those apparently really happen, they have narrative value.

Jokes aside basically all Bad Ends are just massive "what if's" a uses of a looking glass to see what if the champ lost here, what might happen, what could happen. It's non cannon because that's how games handles the main character falling in a critical situation, in shooters it's taking too many bullets and "dying" but we all know that's not what really happened. What really happened was the MC valiantly shot all the bad guys and won and its the same here, we already won we beat Kas and saved the day it's set in stone for the most part. The Game is just a vehicle for us to see how we won, so any loss on the way is just not cannon and as I said above all the Bad Ends are just "what if's" of if we lost but since we didn't lose all those things are made up. The only reason they are like that is because the nature of the game we are playing and some times that nature is sexual and sometimes it's dark.

They're not though...that's kinda my whole point. I dunno if you've been reading along but they aren't what ifs, they're complete fiction with no narrative connection apparently. They can not and never will happen, they do not indicate the stakes or capabilities of anyone involved.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
Wow I didn't realize that a couple of my half-hearted comments would be the first pebbles to set up such an avalanche.

Attachments

• f8a.gif
    f8a.gif
    278.2 KB · Views: 4

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Not the same at all. Those apparently really happen, they have narrative value.
I get what you mean saying that but I did say I was some what joking about that somewhat.
They're not though...that's kinda my whole point. I dunno if you've been reading along but they aren't what ifs, they're complete fiction with no narrative connection apparently.
Fundamentally what if's are just their story but with one small part changed. The over all story of the game is the same it's just one small thing changed and that is the champion losing, they are written game failure states because you messed up and lost to something you shouldn't have.

The Bad Ends effecting the narrative has never mattered before and I don't know why it's starting to now, the fact that in one Kas turns the world into a hellscape should be more then satisfactory to swear off her romance path forever because it show that she just does not care and is a Uber monster that needs only the end of a sword. But no we know that Kas is not really going to turn the world into the hellscape for the pure fact that it utterly insane to just have that kind of person be redeemable, the pure loss of life would make a dictator blush. Also what narrative Relevance do we gain from learning you can just freeze yourself with magic to time travel, or that Komari is just super special and can make godsworn races out of randos, and that we just some how missed the anti demon weapons in Alter quest that can seal away Kas like nothing or that you can just turn people into to other people like Alissa does, Synth problem much? The thing is that they don't matter they are just porno fluff and always have been, we're making mountains out of molehills with how much supposed stuff come out of these rather minuet parts of the over all game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furiae and valkyr42

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Unless Kas has miraculously found another way to birth real children rather than imps then I highly doubt that.

But you're entitled to your opinions and feelings. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that.
Yeah, I think this is an agree to disagree kinda thing since both of us aren't gonna change our minds about it.

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Oh I loved that part about Morrowind, bro thinks he can escape? He's sitting nice and comfortable in Azura's Star now after having to put down Dagoth-Ur and Amalexia. It might not be what canonicaly happened, but I did enjoy it.
Unless the only games you've ever played are Elder Scrolls games
I've played Elder Scrolls games, Bioware games, and Souls games. So not exactly a minority of the genre allow the player to have freedom. Even with games like the Witcher 1-3 where you play as an established character you have more choice than here. Baldur's Gate 1, 2, and 3 that's finally coming out you have the freedom to make your own choices. Maybe I wouldn't complain as much if the champion (the dude I created) weren't treated or acted like a chump half the time. Of course I'm miffed about it.
Ooooh, yes, yes, we're getting there for sure. You're aaaalmost to the realization. You've recognized that other characters who aren't the champion can be corrupt and/or evil! But we took two steps back at the end there, once again putting corruption and evil into the same category for the player. And Tollus being human still (a) may not be true, he could be a demon disguising himself as something else, which is something we've seen other evil characters do already, or (b) he could just be...refraining from sex with demons and thus not becoming physically corrupted and changed into a demon. The realization you very nearly reached is that evil can lead to corruption, and corruption can lead to evil, buuuut...corruption in this setting is a physical occurrence that is largely sexual in lore, and doesn't have to be evil. The player can undergo corruption, but cannot be evil. Tollus is a great example of a definite evil that may or may not be "corrupt" in the lore of the game. In a sense, he is equal and opposite the champion.

I think your problem is that you have no idea what corruption is, but by definition, you want the ability to be evil. Sure, fine. If that's your flavor, go for it. But you can't complain that every game ever doesn't allow you to be evil. It's unrealistic and childish. Games, regardless of genre, are a form of art and a medium for telling a story. No one is obliged to make a story that caters specifically to any one group of people. It is a choice. This dev team have largely chosen to not make one catering to murder-happy folks like yourself.
I have a feeling you think that nobody should touch your favorite NPCs in their own playthroughs. They're not real, so what other people do to them shouldn't matter to you. You maybe wanna enforce your idealogy on others because you think you know better? Buddy, it's been made clear that not everyone here thinks the same way as you. You were even supported when you mockingly said you wanted more choice to be a paragon of good.

Some people want their characters to do horrible shit. Some people want their characters to be really good. Some people want to be inbetween. It adds more to the replayability to the game besides cumming in or being cummed in by a different person. The game gives the impression some times that it doesn't wanna be the typical porn RPG, so why treat it that way? I've seen somewhere that you can eventually join Kasyrra. Even not joining her and deciding to romance her with all the misery she's the direct cause of, are you truly being a good person then? Are you trying to tell me with a straight face that the champion is always gonna be good no matter what and they have the choice to do that?

Furthermore, with the way you want corruption and the way it currently is, there's simply no reason for the PC to be affected at all if it's just sexual. It's now an entirely useless stat. The most I've ever seen it do is make my character grope Cait. That's it. Oh no I'm being corrupted, woe is me. Seriously?
For the purpose of this thread, you haven't asked for anything specific to be added, you've been complaining that you can't be evil. I would take that to the gripes thread, personally, but you do you.
Oh sure I have, I've asked for more corruption (change in personality (maybe becoming evil, idk), corrupting others such as important characters) related content for the player, alongside the option to be evil. Being evil doesn't neccesarily mean murder either as I have mentioned in a few posts here already if you choose to not ignore them. Besides, even if I drop this someone else is gonna pop up and bring up the same thing. There's no way this topic will ever be permanently put down.

Last edited:

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
The Bad Ends effecting the narrative has never mattered before and I don't know why it's starting to now, the fact that in one Kas turns the world into a hellscape should be more then satisfactory to swear off her romance path forever because it show that she just does not care and is a Uber monster that needs only the end of a sword. But no we know that Kas is not really going to turn the world into the hellscape for the pure fact that it utterly insane to just have that kind of person be redeemable, the pure loss of life would make a dictator blush. Also what narrative Relevance do we gain from learning you can just freeze yourself with magic to time travel, or that Komari is just super special and can make godsworn races out of randos, and that we just some how missed the anti demon weapons in Alter quest that can seal away Kas like nothing or that you can just turn people into to other people like Alissa does, Synth problem much? The thing is that they don't matter they are just porno fluff and always have been, we're making mountains out of molehills with how much supposed stuff come out of these rather minuet parts of the over all game.

This all just feels like it supports rather then refutes what I'm saying. I agree, we gain nothing from bad ends apparently and they're often repulsive. So why am I seeing them?

The game gives warning for it's more extreme content that actually happens but not these.

Last edited:

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
This all just feels like it supports rather then refutes what I'm saying. I agree, we gain nothing from bad ends apparently and they're often repulsive. So why am I seeing them?

The game gives warning for it's more extreme content that actually happens but not these.
I gain nothing from non-unique pregnancy content and find it rather offputting. Why is it in? It is a fetish, just one I don't have. Same principle. Also, you don't have to keep reading anything you find distressing; just go 'ah, not for me' and reload a save. I like and respect you, inasmuch as one respects fellow porn forum users, but it really is just a kink you do not have.