What content would you like added?

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
It's far too late now, really, but in hindsight we really should have done something like Pillars of Eternity does where every time your race/class/bg changes something it gets a little icon or underline on it so you know. There's gotta be ten thousand+ subtle tweaks all over the game for that kinda thing but they're mostly blink-and-you-miss-it things unless you close read more than once on different saves.
I mean you already decided to revamp combat and did a similar thing with Arona's dominance meter, so while it definitely isn't a "next patch thing" it could be doable I think, I know very little about coding so please correct me if I am wrong

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
ok so i started some writing for something i would like added to the game and thought i would put the idea here and see if it would hold any water before continuing with the writing

the idea is a way fort expansion, which would include a gym, a training grounds/dojo and a new special living quarters for the champion and his companions, and a special day care

it would add a marriage to gwyn scene where you could ask gwyn to move to the wayfort to be the lady of the fort (only after gweyr comes back to handle the daycare in hawkthorne)

it would add the option to ask zo (if you had a child with her) to come to the fort to live for her safety and the pups, however it would have a second option on wether its what she wants and you could choose what she wants, force the issue and nevermind it might not be a good idea, with only getting the option to do this one time

you could get any of your non companion allies that are not already tied to someone as your house carl to help at the fort while you are gone (including lessala and her gang and isadora)

if married kiyoko, there could be an entrance to her home added into the wayfort

and alot of the dialouge would not need to change, but like i said i would love to see your thoughts on it before i continued writing this for submission

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Is Gwyn allowed marriage? I'm sure it was asked before and some one said No.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Is Gwyn allowed marriage? I'm sure it was asked before and some one said No.
its allowed... the person who said no was someone not on the staff, i think one of the staff said that it was in the works or was something they were thinking of adding later

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
its allowed... the person who said no was someone not on the staff, i think one of the staff said that it was in the works or was something they were thinking of adding later
ask observer he is her writer, as for the others, Zo is happy in her house specially if you fix it, it seems to hold sentimental value to her, I very much doubt Isa would even want to leave Korminos, and lessala and her gang already have their own lives they seem to enjoy, Isa is very much tied to a place and Lessala is not tied and I think that is very much how she and her companions like it

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
This absolutely sounds like way too much to write, especially for a first submission. On top of that, you'll have to ask multiple writers for permission to do content for their characters. Best to scale back and start smaller, like a TF or add a sex scene to an existing NPC.

Reactions: Kesil

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
the idea is a way fort expansion, which would include a gym, a training grounds/dojo and a new special living quarters for the champion and his companions, and a special day care
Like Shrike said, this would be an enormous undertaking and really isn't a good idea for a first attempt. If you really want to start with something as ambitious as a location, consider writing one of these things, but first ask Savin because he's the one who knows what all the plans for the Wayfort are and some or all of these might get vetoed because he either has plans already or just doesn't want them.

But yeah, the general recommendation that you'll find in the Event Writers Guide is to start small.
it would add the option to ask zo (if you had a child with her) to come to the fort to live for her safety and the pups, however it would have a second option on wether its what she wants and you could choose what she wants, force the issue and nevermind it might not be a good idea, with only getting the option to do this one time
Aside from 'You'd have to get B's permission first' you know that there's already content to build a home for her, right? This would be redundant.
you could get any of your non companion allies that are not already tied to someone as your house carl to help at the fort while you are gone (including lessala and her gang and isadora)
I'm pretty sure there are plans for the adventurer trio and Isadora that do not involve the Wayfort. Especially Isadora since she's kind of busy helping defend Khor'minos from a demon invasion. More Wayfort content involving companions in the form of one-off scenes would probably be perfectly alright though (a la the vignettes we can see with Farrah, the maids etc.) with the appropriate okays from the authors.
Tobs has said, in direct response to being asked if we can marry Gwyn, that she's feature-complete.

gwyn.png

I mean, you can ask him again if you really want to but I don't think you'll get a favorable response.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
Like Shrike said, this would be an enormous undertaking and really isn't a good idea for a first attempt. If you really want to start with something as ambitious as a location, consider writing one of these things, but first ask Savin because he's the one who knows what all the plans for the Wayfort are and some or all of these might get vetoed because he either has plans already or just doesn't want them.

But yeah, the general recommendation that you'll find in the Event Writers Guide is to start small.

Aside from 'You'd have to get B's permission first' you know that there's already content to build a home for her, right? This would be redundant.

I'm pretty sure there are plans for the adventurer trio and Isadora that do not involve the Wayfort. Especially Isadora since she's kind of busy helping defend Khor'minos from a demon invasion. More Wayfort content involving companions in the form of one-off scenes would probably be perfectly alright though (a la the vignettes we can see with Farrah, the maids etc.) with the appropriate okays from the authors.

Tobs has said, in direct response to being asked if we can marry Gwyn, that she's feature-complete.

View attachment 25933

I mean, you can ask him again if you really want to but I don't think you'll get a favorable response.
i completely understand this, and i understand i would have to ask a lot of permissions, but this is not my first time writing for a game, and it will be one of my bigger undertakings, the main point of the post was to see if the idea would hold water with the community if i got all the permissions first considering the size of the project, if its not something the community would be interested in as a whole it would over all be a waste of time, alot of the stuff i been writing i would present to the original writer of said character when asking for permission, but like i said would the community actually care for this idea is my main reason for the post

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth
Maybe this has been mentioned and shot down, i dont know, i tried searching the forums. Couldn't find anything.

but a option to override your character "race"
just like you can bypass gender, a option to "bypass" race check would be great.
there are instances where my character gets called a chimera despite looking a 100% like a lupine (just a made up example)

feels weird to have characters address me as x species when 95% of my outwards appearance are another species.

Qweth

Feb 20, 2022
Mmmmm no idea what to suggest maybe something related to the past of quieen? The bunny boy. but gotta ask why did Berwyn is no longer playable?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
feels weird to have characters address me as x species when 95% of my outwards appearance are another species.
If you're almost entirely one race but a difference gets you flagged as a chimaera or as something else then you might be running into one of those edge cases where the line got drawn somewhere and you're juuuust on the wrong side of it, or it could be a bug. Just out of curiosity, what's your Champ got?
Mmmmm no idea what to suggest maybe something related to the past of quieen? The bunny boy. but gotta ask why did Berwyn is no longer playable?
Quintillus, that is dependent on when BubbleLord writes it but he does have several projects in the works.

Berwyn is no longer a companion for the reasons Savin laid out in the blog post, but everything really stems from the fact that his original writer left and is not coming back.

Qweth

Feb 20, 2022
If you're almost entirely one race but a difference gets you flagged as a chimaera or as something else then you might be running into one of those edge cases where the line got drawn somewhere and you're juuuust on the wrong side of it, or it could be a bug. Just out of curiosity, what's your Champ got?

Quintillus, that is dependent on when BubbleLord writes it but he does have several projects in the works.

Berwyn is no longer a companion for the reasons Savin laid out in the blog post, but everything really stems from the fact that his original writer left and is not coming back.
Ahhh ok thx. Also im doing his new quest it so harddd and i dont know what i need to dooo. Advice sinse i am reading the description of the rooms

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If you get stuck for too long, you'll be auto-advanced to the end of the maze (with no penalty for this, it just changes some flavor text) but if you're looking for advice without the solution: The description is where you should be looking, but there isn't a specific detail shared by all of the 'correct' choices. It's something a little broader than that.. You can get the exact solution and B's explanation for the hints (as reported by Shrike) here.

Qweth

Feb 20, 2022
If you get stuck for too long, you'll be auto-advanced to the end of the maze (with no penalty for this, it just changes some flavor text) but if you're looking for advice without the solution: The description is where you should be looking, but there isn't a specific detail shared by all of the 'correct' choices. It's something a little broader than that.. You can get the exact solution and B's explanation for the hints (as reported by Shrike) here.
Thx! One last question do can our favorite dog boy get pregnant? Or is it just a diolge thing

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
We have Mayternity as a "Meta" event, where content is focused on breeding, birth, and milk filled boobies.

Considering we have a breed-hungry goddess... why don't we have a week-to-month long festival in game?

Get visited in a dream by the goddess, and work to breed (and/or get bred) as many fertile people within the month.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
We have Mayternity as a "Meta" event, where content is focused on breeding, birth, and milk filled boobies.

Considering we have a breed-hungry goddess... why don't we have a week-to-month long festival in game?

Get visited in a dream by the goddess, and work to breed (and/or get bred) as many fertile people within the month.
They obviously don't totally overlap but competing worshipers of Lumia and Mallach during that would be funny/fun.

I like the friendly rivalry scenes with Cait and the shrine maidens, having her show up to a Lumian festival like this would be a lot of fun.

Qweth

Feb 20, 2022

It be very interesting to see that.

Would Berwyn get more even do he turn into a npc?

Mmmmm maybe some mpreg of npc, i did have a glich were the diologe didn't want to move forward at all to the point i miss some diologe (bug reports sorry to being here), a new male companion? That may be to much to ask for. I honestly wanna see how a romance of Quinn and Berwyn (if there one i may miss it) that all i think but stay safe people

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Would Berwyn get more even do he turn into a npc?
Nothing (except the fact that he's now parser soup and takes a lot longer to write for) is preventing Berry from getting more content in the future. Just not as a companion with their need for constant support and integration.
Mmmmm maybe some mpreg of npc
Savin sez no.
i did have a glich were the diologe didn't want to move forward at all to the point i miss some diologe (bug reports sorry to being here)
Bug reports go in the Bug Reports board, with as much detail as you can provide to help them reproduce the bug.
a new male companion? That may be to much to ask for.
Companion submissions have been closed since last November, the ship has sailed.

Qweth

Feb 20, 2022
Nothing (except the fact that he's now parser soup and takes a lot longer to write for) is preventing Berry from getting more content in the future. Just not as a companion with their need for constant support and integration.

Savin sez no.

Bug reports go in the Bug Reports board, with as much detail as you can provide to help them reproduce the bug.

Companion submissions have been closed since last November, the ship has sailed.
Kk thanks for that.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
you know how you can force he/she? I wanna do that with they/them, who would be willing to rewrite all of the parsers that have the gender stuff? me baybe, if the coders can make the parser change I am so willing to find and replace all parsers

Angelica1996

Sep 18, 2015
Earth

oh it was an old character, i deleted it because it bothered me.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Certainly not Savin... I would not hold my breath on him changing his mind.
I don't really get how that quoted post relates, but I was meaning I would be on the parser replacement if someone who actually knows coding made the parser, I can replace parsers easy even if it would be a long task but I have no idea how it is coded.

tho if you would explain the quoted post I'd like to know what you meant

Reactions: Acharehnus

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
No, I understood their point correctly, I just grabbed the wrong quote somehow. In my defense I was doing it on my phone with multiple tabs open, but I've fixed the link to one where Savin responded directly to 'can we get they/them pronouns'.

I don't really get how that quoted post relates, but I was meaning I would be on the parser replacement if someone who actually knows coding made the parser, I can replace parsers easy even if it would be a long task but I have no idea how it is coded.
As I said, I copied the wrong link somehow, it's been corrected. Since Savin has said no to the idea, I don't think the someone else volunteering to go monkeying in the code to make the change is going to get him to change his mind.

Last edited: