What content would you like added?

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
Now I understand why we would never go the the old country or even Jassira, it’s far, much farther than I expected. No wonder it takes a while to get there even if someone went through the ways between

Reactions: Alliebutt

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
The archipelago extends north and south relative to Hawkethorne. Arona's tribe comes from the southwestern reaches of the archipelago, iirc. Like directly north of Claremont, northwest of Estelore, southeast of Khor'minos.
Yeah that makes sense. Thought it might've been something like that but wasn't sure how big the area orcs actually live in is actually supposed to be between Dracia and Estelore

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
Now I understand why we would never go the the old country or even Jassira, it’s far, much farther than I expected. No wonder it takes a while to get there even if someone went through the ways between
Yeah, ngl, I thought Jassira was a relatively short walk and a splash away. What a wild thing for Cait and Calla to do, go from living entire their lives within a small part of Jassira to crossing a good chunk of the length of the planet. I guess it's "accurate" to how travel was in ancient times.

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
The archipelago extends north and south relative to Hawkethorne. Arona's tribe comes from the southwestern reaches of the archipelago, iirc. Like directly north of Claremont, northwest of Estelore, southeast of Khor'minos.
If the question doesn't bother, what is the Emirate of Arkacia? An extension of the Sutanate? I don't remember the mention of that place in the game or in the forum.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
If the question doesn't bother, what is the Emirate of Arkacia? An extension of the Sutanate? I don't remember the mention of that place in the game or in the forum.
I could swear that’s the name of the lands that were formerly the kingdom of Cait’s ancestors. So, I guess nowadays they are a vassal or province of Jassira that is afforded some level of autonomy rather than just fully annexed. Not sure though, might be mixing up names.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yep. Here's (part of) what she has to say on the matter:
"The Kingdom of Arkacia sat between vast mountains and the Sea of Kacia, full of deep forests and placid lakes. Rich in timber and honey. I'm told it's very beautiful, though I've never so much as set foot there myself. Jassira was expanding aggressively back then, not too long after the Godswar. My ancestors refused to bow and become subjects of the sultan, so Arkacia was conquered by force. After the king died in battle, the crown prince was forced to marry one of the sultan's nieces, who become the amira of the new princedom; the queen and all her daughters were either sent to the royal harem or given to the Temple of Mallach to get them out of the way."

Reactions: Jorr The Great

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
After reading a few things it makes me wish CoC 2 had the option to give the PC a nickname. I know it would be a nightmare to code and at this point in the game it will never happen, but it made me think about how every character in the game refers to the PC formally by using there full name. It made me think about how odd it would be to refer to all characters by their full names. e.g Caitriss,Etheryn

Reactions: MellowNumel

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
You've pretty much already said why it'd be impossible. Too many names to think up nicknames for. At best we have the [pc.raceCute] parser for fun substitutes for your current race like pup for lupines and whatnot.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
After reading a few things it makes me wish CoC 2 had the option to give the PC a nickname. I know it would be a nightmare to code and at this point in the game it will never happen, but it made me think about how every character in the game refers to the PC formally by using there full name. It made me think about how odd it would be to refer to all characters by their full names. e.g Caitriss,Etheryn
A good way to avoid every character calling your character formally would be for them to make up, by themselves, a nickname and use that. Or better yet, just have them switch to using a more affectionate word like “friend” or “honey” when you get close enough to them platonically or romantically.

Tamsee

Mar 2, 2018
One way of easy nickname implementation would have been at the start of making the game. Say, rather than just have one field for name, have three: name, surname, nickname (last two optional). Not exactly deep, but still something. But at this point it just would be too much work to implement. As for npcs using nicknames, endearing or derogatory terms or whatever? That's always been and will be up to the writer.

Reactions: valkyr42

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
One way of easy nickname implementation would have been at the start of making the game. Say, rather than just have one field for name, have three: name, surname, nickname (last two optional). Not exactly deep, but still something. But at this point it just would be too much work to implement. As for npcs using nicknames, endearing or derogatory terms or whatever? That's always been and will be up to the writer.
As you said though, that’s not very deep. It would be kind of odd for NPCs to just know what nickname to use with you, so, theoretically, if you wanted to add more depth this idea, you could have a scene where the PC brings it up naturally in a conversation. Something like “A is my name, B is my surname, but you/friends can call me C”. If you were to do that though, it may be a little more work, assuming you’d need to changes around the possibilities to introduce yourself in that manner or not. Maybe one such scene would suffice for your companions, since whoever you tell it to, Cait for example, could just drop it in some off screen conservation with other companions and that’s how they’d learn about it without added player input, but you may need more of those scenes for introducing yourself to other NPCs. As I write this down though, it occurs to me that’s a lot of work for very little gain lol (especially since, as you pointed out, nicknames NPCs come up with are already a thing at the discretion of their writers). So, probably best if it was implemented like you said or not at all.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
For now. Name your Chаmp so it looks like a nickname. Something like a Hero or mr.Mutherfucker or PussyEater//\\¥JK.
You could also pretend your Champ’s actual name is a nickname that NPCs think is Champ’s actual name and Champ hasn’t bothered to correct them cause it’d be either too much work or a visit to River.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
Not really something I'd like to see added, but more so, a small change to the text that pops up when you encounter a centaur pack. Specifically, I have an issue with the way it makes it seem as though the horde of centaurs is doing just as well and is just as numerous as before the completion of Harboring a Fugitive. At the end of said quest, it was mentioned how most centaurs returned to village, so I think a change is warranted. Maybe instead of a description of a horde with a group breaking up from it that you actually fight, just a description of said small group coming over with no mention of any other larger group would be better. Nothing else really needs to be changed, like the actual number of centaurs fought in the encounter, just that description, cause it really just feels like a continuity error.

Reactions: LazyAJ

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
What I would like to see added are more sons we get to name. Because I got 7 names I have in my head for my sons. I renamed

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
On the road again...
Armor sets having set bonuses have been good fun and I want to see more of them. I also think it would be interesting to find alternative gear that can be used to complete a set, like finding an ancient charred pyromancer hood with different stats that can be used in place of the normal hood. Maybe even give a different full set bonus? I dunno, just pump out more armor sets please.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I want a third option to complete A Teatime For Dragons since I'm locked out of finishing that quest and for that third person's tf not be them turning into another tall dom.
The most likely candidate for another option that Savin's talked about (Princess Kythie) is also a character whose content you can lock yourself out of. Or will be able to once she's in the game, anyways.

Reactions: valkyr42

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
On the road again...
I want to see more "bad" ends for companions similar to how we can bimbo Azzy. Challenging an exiled Arona to a drinking contest and giving her bimbo brew instead and having her let go of all those sad troublesome thoughts to instead focus on her only purpose left in the world - being your bottom bitch. Handing over Etheryn to Alissa in exchange for her and her followers' loyalty to you and having Etheryn replaced by one of her substitutes so no one in the palace suspects any foul play. Having Atugia's body taken by imps and the longer you take to get it back, the more obscene body modifications it goes through, to the point that it's no longer fit for a warrior. Helping Cait find love and retire from adventuring to live a monogamous lifestyle in the countryside with her spouse.