What content would you like added?

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
I don't understand why so many of us are 100% ok selling their souls to the Gods, especially after dealing with the Convocation of Mirrors.
What is the Convocation of Mirrors again? I think that is whatever thing is past the giant right? I didn't want to kill her so I have yet to do that.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021

True kinda.

I don't know if there are any talk scenes with NPC's after that (aside from River as far as I know - haven't actually done that scene myself as of yet, so I can't say for certain), discussing the Convocation of Mirrors and end result. One would think that there would be talks with NPC's about it though - because it would probably affect their perception of the Seven in some way - but I guess it might be sort of expected for the champion to not divulge that information to everyone... because the unpleasant truth would probably not aid in anything terribly beneficial (aside from the end result of the Convocation of Mirrors itself).

That and the God's war stuff would make the end result pretty difficult to dredge up (I'm assuming).

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Sticking wings on divine beings that otherwise look human goes way back and depicting Christian angels as humans with wings goes back to, like, the fourth century or so (even if it was recognized as being a purely symbolic thing). IIRC they are described as having wings in the Quran. So it goes back a bit further than the creation of Hallmark cards.

But yeah, some of the descriptions of how angels actually look in the Tanakh are freaky. xD
I don't really care about biblical Angels since I am an atheist. I just think Angels are cool in stuff like Pathfinder. They are so generic at this point they can easily be put into pretty much any universe. Even if it doesn't make sense for the Champion to actually become an Angel they could easily become a half Angel or something. All I would even be asking for is a male Valkyrie. I will be honest I don't read every word in this game so I might have missed which gods do what but pretty sure there are male worshipers of all the gods. If Valkyries are chosen by one of the gods why do they have to be female just because in a completely different set of mythology in the real world had them all be female?

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
True kinda.

I don't know if there are any talk scenes with NPC's after that (aside from River as far as I know - haven't actually done that scene myself as of yet, so I can't say for certain), discussing the Convocation of Mirrors and end result. One would think that there would be talks with NPC's about it though - because it would probably affect their perception of the Seven in some way - but I guess it might be sort of expected for the champion to not divulge that information to everyone... because the unpleasant truth would probably not aid in anything terribly beneficial (aside from the end of the Convocation of Mirrors itself).

That and the God's war stuff would make the end result pretty difficult to dredge up (I'm assuming).
Lord Keros and Mallach both make it pretty clear that there would be very bad consequences for divulging that information, and not merely for the Seven. Review what they have to say.
All I would even be asking for is a male Valkyrie.
You may ask; the answer, however, is no.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Feelings about selling your soul, heavy spoilers for Convocation of Mirrors under said Spoiler.
I don't understand why so many of us are 100% ok selling their souls to the Gods, especially after dealing with the Convocation of Mirrors.

Edit: spoilers, obviously. My bad.

It's not like you're using it for anything.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
I don't know if anyone has seen 7 Deadly Sins but I think of like how the ArchAngels can possess people and control their bodies turning them into an Angel. I think that is similar to how the god would take your soul in this game. The male ArchAngel possesses a female human as well so I don't see why a female god can't posses a male character.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Lord Keros and Mallach both make it pretty clear that there would be very bad consequences for divulging that information, and not merely for the Seven. Review what they have to say.

You may ask; the answer, however, is no.
That is about what I expected. I would also ask why are Angels not allowed in the universe but Valkyries are? I just don't know what the difference is and why Fenoxo would dislike Angels but like Valkyries. They seem extremely similar to me.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
There's also valkyries, which get wings. Planned godservant TF for Lumia, if you're okay with a) giving Sun Mommy your soul and b) being femme.

So ready to make a character just for the Lumia path. Sun Goddess here I come

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
That is about what I expected. I would also ask why are Angels not allowed in the universe but Valkyries are? I just don't know what the difference is and why Fenoxo would dislike Angels but like Valkyries. They seem extremely similar to me.
Did you read what I wrote earlier on how they have some notable differences once you look beyond the surface level 'human with wings' thing?

But ultimately, the Doylist answer is that CoC is Fenoxo's universe and he has the final say on the metaphysics. He said no, so that's what Savin and co are working with. If he's given a reason I don't know what it is.

PS. You don't need to double-post when there's an Edit button.

Reactions: Paradox01

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Did you read what I wrote earlier on how they have some notable differences once you look beyond the surface level 'human with wings' thing?

But ultimately, the Doylist answer is that CoC is Fenoxo's universe and he has the final say on the metaphysics. He said no, so that's what Savin and co are working with. If he's given a reason I don't know what it is.

PS. You don't need to double-post when there's an Edit button.
Yeah sorry about the double post. I assume you mean this post?
Mythologically-speaking? When it's described, valkyries are chosen from mortals and given the job (a bunch of the Eddas) or they're literally the children of two gods that fucked (Wagner). Assuming we're talking the Abrahamic type, angels were poofed into existence by a supreme god, no sex involved. You can see which of these fits Savarra better, I trust. :p

Also, valkyries kind of have fighting as their whole Thing, whether it's going out and kicking ass on their own or finding the worthy and bringing them to Valhalla to train to kick even more ass (and party) until the end of the world. Angels in most depictions are a bit less hardcore and spend more of their time being intermediaries and may or may not actually resemble anything humanoid.

Just to add to this, Savin has said that if you take Lumia's offer and have a penis, you'll keep it but you will gain massive Femininity so you'd end up classed as Shemale or Hermaphrodite depending.

And while he didn't give a number, the Valkyrie TV will give you Femininity 'out the wazoo' so I'd imagine the answer to how much Femininity is 'All the Femininity'.
In a sense of Angels specifically being banned (tried to think of a different word since it is not exactly banned but could not think of one) the reasons I can think of are that Fenoxo doesn't like them being created by gods or doesn't like the term angel. Before someone mentioned Valkyries I assumed it was something to do with the lore of holy beings like them existing if he wanted the story to be all about demons and normal people rather than another anti-demon race. I am not overly familiar with Norse Mythology I will be honest but in God of War the Valkyries were gods themselves not mortals. Your point about them requiring sex to be created I would say is moot considering the fact I am using Angel in a generic sense. I am fine with these not being in the game if a bit disappointed I am just interested in the reasoning if there is one. I don't want to derail this though I have already made quite a few posts on this. As far as warriors in a Biblical sense *some* Angels were but not all. I think they were mostly guides and spokespersons for Yahweh though. Also I did read this post before I just thought it didn't answer my question so I didn't mention it. Also also I thought a Valkyrie's job was to choose which half of the slain warriors could go to heaven not to actually fight anyone?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
All I would even be asking for is a male Valkyrie.
May as well ask for a male banshee. They're female because they're female.

It sounds like some people here have no idea what a valkyrie is, so here's the Wikipedia page.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
And do we get to keep our PCs race?
Considering how other God-tf deals work, they'll probably (irreversably) change your race. Valkyrie is the race of the Boreal Elves who were Lumia's strong servants (in this setting), so your race will become Valkyrie (or at least, Boreal Elf) if you take the deal.
I didn't want to kill her so I have yet to do that.
She stays alive after beating her, though I don't think you can interact afterwards.

Last edited:

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
May as well ask for a male banshee. They're female because they're female.

It sounds like some people here have no idea what a valkyrie is, so here's the Wikipedia page.
Sometimes it seems like all the best stuff is female locked in these games. That is probably just because I don't play females and don't notice all the male locked things. If Valkyries ever do get added I will probably make a shemale since someone said that is possible. Minotaurs in CoC1 were pretty cool. I always played as a human, dragon, or minotaur.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I am not overly familiar with Norse Mythology I will be honest but in God of War the Valkyries were gods themselves not mortals.
Yeah, I'd suggest skimming the original mythology and not going off the 'some liberties were taken' version. xD

Your point about them requiring sex to be created I would say is moot considering the fact I am using Angel in a generic sense.
You miss the point. Thematically speaking, having valkyries fits setting because the way people become one in the actual mythology fits how they work in CoC2. And in the case of Wagner's take on the valkyries, it's just hilariously appropriate because about half the cast of the operas who aren't the gods are descended from Wotan (in The Valkyrie it's literally eleven out of fourteen characters who call Wotan daddy). Randy bastard really got around. That sort of thing fits Savarra to a T.

Also, y'know, it fits with the whole boer'alvar cultural model.

Also also I thought a Valkyrie's job was to choose which half of the slain warriors could go to heaven not to actually fight anyone?
That's their primary task and what their name means, but they go about in armor and carrying spear and shield and they do sometimes get depicted as fighting. Check out Helgakviða Hundingsbana I for an example.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Yeah, I'd suggest skimming the original mythology and not going off the 'some liberties were taken' version. xD
Are you implying that liberties will not be taken when implementing them in CoC2? I highly doubt they will be choosing slain warriors to take to Valhalla to become Einherjar and fight against Ragnarok. Which if they are not doing the thing they are named after that is a pretty big "liberty" I would say.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
No, I'm saying that you shouldn't base your idea of what valkyries are from what one video game did.:p And generally that you should consider looking at the source mythology, it's really good stuff.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
No, I'm saying that you shouldn't base your idea on what valkyries are based on what one video game did. :p
Well considering Valkyries are completely fictional there is no correct interpretation of them. You can base your idea of them on whatever you want. I don't see anywhere in the wikipedia entry about them being mortals so I don't know where you got that from. It mentions them falling in love with mortals or walking among them but nothing about them being chosen mortals and Valkyrie just being a job. Not saying you are wrong just that I do not see in on the article.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well considering Valkyries are completely fictional there is no correct interpretation of them. You can base your idea of them on whatever you want.
Yes, but that doesn't mean it makes sense to completely throw out the mythology 'just because you can'. Valkyries are female, full stop. They have a number of associated attributes that are consistent across the accounts. As I already mentioned, having valkyries as they're depicted in the myths fits the boer'alvar cultural aesthetic.

I don't see anywhere in the wikipedia entry about them being mortals so I don't know where you got that from.
Ummm, right in the first paragraph?
Wikipedia said:
Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and sometimes connected to swans or horses.
If you read the summaries of the poems in the Poetic Edda, you'll note several specific examples are provided.

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Do you see how this
When it's described, valkyries are chosen from mortals and given the job
Is very different from this?
"Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and sometimes connected to swans or horses." It says *also* and *sometimes* meaning most of them are not that.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Hence 'when it's described', it's not my fault if you read that as some kind of absolute. Meanwhile all of my points about why valkyries fit the setting and why they aren't going to be changed to allow male ones still stand. This is getting wildly off-topic so how about we just drop it before we derail the thread any further?

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Frying pan as a one handed weapon (+20 to crits bcuz random crits are fair and balanced as our lord and savior said so) , is there any chance for interacting with your offspring outside of birthing scene?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
is there any chance for interacting with your offspring outside of birthing scene?
As been said many many many times; No, not unless those offspring are full characters. And given how babies are slow growers in this game excluding the one, maybe two instances (And Evergreen too but doesn't count in this case), interacting with offspring is very unlikely to happen by itself. You're not getting nursery interactions here.

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
Beating your foes with a pan then using it to cook delicious meals ?

:yes:

Reactions: Alypia