What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Saprophyte

Nov 21, 2019
I really found the Akane storyline rather distasteful. The protagonist railroaded into acting retarded and walking blind into a trap. Rape as the expected way out to continue the quest line. Railroading the protagonist into Stockholm syndrome during said rape scene for no reason whatsoever. Railroading into accepting the arrangement offered, giving no option to act against Akane at any point.
It is my opinion that the quest could be made much better by allowing Steele to hold a grudge for whatever humiliation they suffer at Akane's hands (even if not railroading them into being an imbecile and walking into an obvious trap without recon, backup, or weapons at the ready is not an option), and putting out feelers to find her and pay her in kind. Even if no actual plotline develops from there (say, because the syndicate can not be found - although the game is full of Steele and their acquaintances pulling off much harder tasks), it'd allow the player to roleplay a Steele who is mentally functional, rather than a pushover who does not even consider pushing back after being beaten and humiliated by the criminals they set out to defeat.

Last edited:

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
I'm a masochist so I enjoyed Akane's content quite a bit, but I was a bit peeved off by my Steele acting so clueless at times. I think some portions of the storyline are incongruent to the way Steele is portrayed by other authors, but that isn't really new in the scheme if things.

Saprophyte

Nov 21, 2019
I respect the desire to see more masochist-aimed content in the game, it's taking narrative control from the player which rubs me the wrong way (also, non-consensual sexual encounters for the protagonist into which they're railroaded by suddenly becoming an idiot, but that I can live with as it's a common convention in the genre).

But, just, really - Steele's investigating the syndicate, the syndicate ambushes them and they're robbed/raped/beaten once, and... the only options the player is given are either "Steele immediately drops the idea of the investigation and does literally nothing to avenge themselves" and "Steele immediately drops the idea of the investigation and actively seeks to receive further punishment, further willingly working for the syndicate"? Come on, they show more persistence than that while fighting random wandering mobs.

It's not like the quest line even needs serious reactivity and branching, just purely symbolic stuff that goes nowhere, yet hands the player narrative control back, can work - like reporting Akane to the popo (it's not like four very obvious cybernetic implants are a common feature of the characters we encounter), then maybe an email later stating that her underlings have shaken the tail and gone to the ground, so the investigation is going nowhere.

Catmint

Aug 3, 2022
Right, I get where you're coming from. I think lack of player agency is an issue here, especially for that type of content. I suppose I've never given it much thought, and it's hard for me to criticize something I like, but I was a bit disappointed I couldn't report their gang to the proper authorities--not having the option just seems like a missed opportunity.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
So, to interpret it charitably the walking into an obvious trap could have been an attempt to give the player a last content warning, like if you walk into this obvious trap you must really want it.

But it really doesn't make sense that it comes to that given the outcomes you're presented with. Her organization turns out to be more likely to arrange a meeting then conk you on the head...especially as they've been baiting you all along.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I liked Akane and not sure what the problem is tbh. Since you dont actually even need to interact with her and her group at all

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I liked Akane and not sure what the problem is tbh. Since you dont actually even need to interact with her and her group at all
Her actual scenes are great, her quest is great though the bad end for that is incredibly grim. It's just your character is required to be incredibly stupid and given no other options for interacting with her and her group. I just re-played it myself and it's embarrassing how stupid your character suddenly is. It honestly feels like it's meant to be the bimbo text and a non-bimbo version wasn't written.

Another props I'll give it is it avoids the, what I'll call the M.A.S.H problem where tone jumps from grimdark to bright and sunny that happens a few times in TiTs and CoC2 once you're in there it's tonally consistent AND there's even aftercare, what a treat.

I'd like more from the group and Akane at some point down the road but the intro to it all is so odd.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
From what I'm gathering here, at least from some of the latest responses, it sounds like the biggest gripe everyone has with TITS is general player agency and options.

I'd have to agree on the whole Akane bit as well. Since most people don't tend to visit Tavros at level 7, especially at that one specific corner where you need to start the quest, whenever I run by that spot I generally just tend to ignore the situation, because the quest as it is seemed like poorly written fanfiction in which Steeles that have stolen the Sidewinder, defeated/bartered with Taivara, saved/destroyed Tarkus or wussed out before there was any actual explosion, directly fucked with the black void and/or purposely sent Myrellion into nuclear warfare; are for no real reason being forced to submit by some random space mafia who even in their own level progression can easily be kicked about. Most Steeles at level 10 even are capable of destroying whole gunships(It is possible to defeat the gunship in Syri Quest with Sunsetter only, which is a weapon that bypasses shields entirely.) which are generally enough to ruin the day of any space mafia unlucky enough to get within its LoS. This is not even considering the fact that Steeles can also stunlock and AoE with items by default thanks to certain items, as well as massively drain shields and bring the energy into their own shields.

I'd say it'd be about time we get more acknowledgement of what we've done thus far in future updates. Both good and bad things... and maybe the ability to actually play a more violent Steele.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arai

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
I don't have any grapes and this makes me A N G E R Y

I'd say it'd be about time we get more acknowledgement of what we've done thus far in future updates. Both good and bad things... and maybe the ability to actually play a more violent Steele.
Keep beating that drum I guess, but for this to happen someone has to pour in their time and love to write deadly Steele options and possible special scenes throughout the game, and from precedent, it appears most folks currently doing creative work for TiTS would rather write sex scenes and sex scene accessories (aka quests and encounters).

Are you volunteering to do that much work? It might be the only way that gets written.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
I don't have any grapes and this makes me A N G E R Y

Keep beating that drum I guess, but for this to happen someone has to pour in their time and love to write deadly Steele options and possible special scenes throughout the game, and from precedent, it appears most folks currently doing creative work for TiTS would rather write sex scenes and sex scene accessories (aka quests and encounters).

Are you volunteering to do that much work? It might be the only way that gets written.
I mean, I've already been working at this alongside the Briha thing. That's why I called my thing a rough draft.

Once Briha is finished getting moved off-planet and given some new scenes, I get to grabbing permissions and also just writing out the rest of the generic kill variants. Then finish off with unique NPCs that are outright hostile to Steele at first, which unfortunately means killing off the same character I just removed from Myrellion before she leaves it, but I cannot show bias.

Last edited:

Saprophyte

Nov 21, 2019
Let me explain again what everyone else here is saying. The quest starts as Steele investigating a criminal syndicate, which is a perfectly reasonable setup, given that they fight all kinds of criminals on multiple occasions.

Then it railroads Steele into acting stupid and walking into a very obvious trap, giving the player no other option to advance the quest other than that, which is simply bad storytelling.

(It further railroads Steele into emotionally accepting being raped at gunpoint, but hey, I'm willing to admit that bit being typical for the genre, and it's just me being squeamish about non-consensual intercourse for the protagonist without the player failing a fight or making wrong decisions).

Finally, it gives the player no option to react to what's happening, other than skulking away or immediately switching sides after a single setback, which is even worse storytelling that removes player's narrative control: it forces the player into roleplaying a protagonist who is either a pushover, bipolar, or loves pain so much they're ready to drop everything they were doing simply to get more; no other options are given.

The problem is giving the player no choice of what kind of character they want to play, instead limiting the options to "(idiotic) pushover" and "(idiotic) extreme masochist".
And no, the fact that you can simply ignore the quest does not make its storyline any better.

Last edited:

Nexus3196

Jun 28, 2022
My only complaint is the presence of amazones in the species.
There is no doubt that my character is an Amazon because I used the Amazon treatment, but I am uncomfortable with the fact that he is apparently a Husker, but is considered an Amazon and grows human penis when Dicksprout is used.

I think it would be less strange if the text were added to the description on the appearance tab instead of changing the character's race, but I don't know how much work the author would have to do.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
the fact the sidewinder is said to be the size of a mountain..... but can only carry 30 of each storage type, 10 crew at base and only allowed 3 weapons......i mean come on..... also the limit of 10 upgrade slots.... only reason its better then the blade or the hammer is the fact its shields, hp, defenses, accuracy, evasion, and energy regeneration is second to none (yes i know the blade has a slightly higher evasion at base.... but thats besides the point), the sidewinder is boasted as the greatest ship in exsistance.... yet.... it still has low crew and storage capacity, low weapon capacity (no ship can carry less weapons), and low upgrade limit

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
the fact the sidewinder is said to be the size of a mountain..... but can only carry 30 of each storage type, 10 crew at base and only allowed 3 weapons......i mean come on..... also the limit of 10 upgrade slots.... only reason its better then the blade or the hammer is the fact its shields, hp, defenses, accuracy, evasion, and energy regeneration is second to none (yes i know the blade has a slightly higher evasion at base.... but thats besides the point), the sidewinder is boasted as the greatest ship in exsistance.... yet.... it still has low crew and storage capacity, low weapon capacity (no ship can carry less weapons), and low upgrade limit
I'd have to agree on that. For a ship so powerful and so massive, and also starts out with nothing to speak off besides a useless Heavy Armor module, the Sidewinder really is a disappointing ship. It doesn't feel like high-end military grade stuff, just something you could've bought from Myrellion, which is ironically what you face when facing Teyaal, a modified version of one of the Myrellion ships.

I also feel like a ship that's meant to ram things is supposed to have an option that allows you to ram the enemy ship.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
In fairness, the Sidewinder is also sorta described as mostly engine (or generally making sacrifices everywhere else for more engine), and straight-line speed/acceleration is not really a combat stat in this game, so its largest feature is not represented by a game mechanic unless it has a faster in-game time flying between planets than other ships. I've rarely paid attention to travel time, as using up in-game time is almost never of any consequence (Tarkus pirates or Nastizia's courting being prime counter-examples).

Also, the non-engine/reactor section of the ship is like a pencil sticking out of a New Texan bull's 'nads, at least in the ship's bust, and the interior playable space being extremely limited is also notable for how it aligns with that.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
I'd have to agree on that. For a ship so powerful and so massive, and also starts out with nothing to speak off besides a useless Heavy Armor module, the Sidewinder really is a disappointing ship. It doesn't feel like high-end military grade stuff, just something you could've bought from Myrellion, which is ironically what you face when facing Teyaal, a modified version of one of the Myrellion ships.

I also feel like a ship that's meant to ram things is supposed to have an option that allows you to ram the enemy ship.
Also, I'm pretty sure the description, where it says the ship is built to 'blow through blockades,' is not meant as literally slamming the ship into ships and other physical barriers blockading an area. It probably wouldn't have the cockpit at the very front if that was the case, and you just can't physically blockade that much of space. As a more grounded example, we can't even do that on Earth's oceans - we have to employ mines, fast patrol vessels, and slightly slower gunboats in a network to have any hope at all of catching ships trying to pass through in either direction, and it's still not a guaranteed catch.

So I think the Sidewinder's description is intended as 'the ship is so quick that nobody can actually stop it from going wherever the captain desires.' This was probably the intent of the designers of Star Wars' Tantive IV in-lore designer and manufacturer too (and I've seen the Sidewinder compared to that ship before).

That's just kinda how dedicated blockade-runners (and hit-and-run raiders) work.

Edit: The Casstech Z14 and Clydesdale K7 can't carry as much firepower as the Sidewinder. That's a really low place to set the bar, though - a transport and a cramped dinghy. It shares a weapon capacity with the Colt XLR and Moondast Gruss, which is... not a flattering statement to make. That said, the most heavily armed ships so far only have space for four, so three isn't bad.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Also, I'm pretty sure the description, where it says the ship is built to 'blow through blockades,' is not meant as literally slamming the ship into ships and other physical barriers blockading an area. It probably wouldn't have the cockpit at the very front if that was the case, and you just can't physically blockade that much of space. As a more grounded example, we can't even do that on Earth's oceans - we have to employ mines, fast patrol vessels, and slightly slower gunboats in a network to have any hope at all of catching ships trying to pass through in either direction, and it's still not a guaranteed catch.

So I think the Sidewinder's description is intended as 'the ship is so quick that nobody can actually stop it from going wherever the captain desires.' This was probably the intent of the designers of Star Wars' Tantive IV in-lore designer and manufacturer too (and I've seen the Sidewinder compared to that ship before).

That's just kinda how dedicated blockade-runners (and hit-and-run raiders) work.

Edit: The Casstech Z14 and Clydesdale K7 can't carry as much firepower as the Sidewinder. That's a really low place to set the bar, though - a transport and a cramped dinghy. It shares a weapon capacity with the Colt XLR and Moondast Gruss, which is... not a flattering statement to make. That said, the most heavily armed ships so far only have space for four, so three isn't bad.
In regards to that edit, the Casstech isn't a Myrellion ship. Clydesdale isn't really much of a ship since it is more one meant to be overly modified, but the other two ships there, one of which you still nonetheless see in Teyaal's ship battle, are very close in matching Sidewinder's potential.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
Yeah, I won't argue that. They're very expensive, though, so I end up nearly always going Casstech (default setup) -> Ova'LEK (optional, and no weapons/upgrades) -> Sidewinder (tricked out, by which I mean mostly Advanced Quarters). Space combat is entirely avoidable (at least, you can escape it almost immediately without taking hull damage) so I don't see a reason to bother buying expensive boats when the (imo) best one is free and the most challenging space combat encounter doesn't even happen when you're not flying it.

Heck, I have a Steele who never moved beyond her default Cassie even though she was (and remains) free to steal the Sidewinder at any time. That's no way to host a traveling harem/people-zoo, but it serves a point.

That said, it is a little strange that the largest ship (except maybe the Clydesdale? IDK) can mount fewer weapons than a small, cheap stealth ship (Ova'LEK, 4 slots, cheapest purchasable ship in the game).

Edit: The powergamer is strong with this post. There's always valid personal or roleplay reasons to buy this ship or that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acharehnus

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
i have another gripe..... syri, penny, kiro, paige, emmy, nor eitan (eltan?) cant get you pregnant, nor can you impregnate anno, penny, paige, kiro, shakka or emmy
I think that requires more than just a few quests, personally. Syri and Kiro I can get behind, Kiro specifically stated that she had kept herself on Sterilex so that she wouldn't go making bastards. Kiro, however, should know about the Nursery since it is apparently a google search away for the Galbani Chemist, so you'd think she'd be off it around you in particular since she's always there. Syri also knows that, especially after all you went through for her, you're a little more than just some random person from a bar, so direct nutting into the womb shouldn't scare her at this point, especially when informed about the Nursery.

Kinda makes no sense that Eitan cannot impregnate you. Unless the dude was born firing blanks, he's supposed to be the strongest of his tribe, surely he should be virile?

Shekka was stated to not be fertile, although reportedly that is something that can be changed. It's just that so far nobody is writing that, from what I've seen.

Penny, Emmy, and Paige, however, I don't see having it in their characters to be up for that... especially cumslut/bimbo Penny.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
Shekka was stated to not be fertile, although reportedly that is something that can be changed. It's just that so far nobody is writing that, from what I've seen.
Shekka's not interested in becoming fertile, even though Fertite and other fertility-enhancing mods exist. She'll accept a big ol' schlong to impregnate you with, though.

TheShepard256

Syri also knows that, especially after all you went through for her, you're a little more than just some random person from a bar, so direct nutting into the womb shouldn't scare her at this point, especially when informed about the Nursery.
Savin once stated that Syri's not willing to have kids with Steele until the two of them are ready to settle down and properly raise those kids themselves; that's not going to happen during the events of the game.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Savin once stated that Syri's not willing to have kids with Steele until the two of them are ready to settle down and properly raise those kids themselves; that's not going to happen during the events of the game.
There's a lot of bits and pieces like this that you'd need to have read a dev/writer quote from 2+ years ago or have the design doc's to know when it could very easily just be mentioned in game. This goes for TiTs and CoC2.

Reactions: dfgjkldsf

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
I know it is still early early in development but Dhall has been kinda the least interesting planet for me so far and the Zaika have been kinda ehhh as far as alien races go. Probably should step away from the game until it has a big content dump that expands the world.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
That's because like 95% of the interactable characters on Dhaal aren't Zaika, there's like 5 Zaika you can properly interact with, 2 are just enemies, 2 are shop attendants and the last is just a motel clerk who only has a short sex scene. All 5 are very light on content and each stand in isolation from the rest. For a planet of tailcocked Drow they are an extremely absent native race compared to all the other major locations. Imagine if New Texas had only 5 interactable treated folk... or 5 Myr on Myrellion... it doesn't matter that there's plenty of mentions of them in the background, the problem is all the major hubs on Dhaal are full of non-Dhaal races.
Yeah, honestly you can see it as a point of the problem with tits overall is that the major alien rusher races are given nary a mention
The Naleen is only a bit character... The Zill are there own thing and that's cool but it seems like the Vanae are dicked over.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
That's because like 95% of the interactable characters on Dhaal aren't Zaika, there's like 5 Zaika you can properly interact with, 2 are just enemies, 2 are shop attendants and the last is just a motel clerk who only has a short sex scene. All 5 are very light on content and each stand in isolation from the rest. For a planet of tailcocked Drow they are an extremely absent native race compared to all the other major locations. Imagine if New Texas had only 5 interactable treated folk... or 5 Myr on Myrellion... it doesn't matter that there's plenty of mentions of them in the background, the problem is all the major hubs on Dhaal are full of non-Dhaal races.
Yeah, honestly you can see it as a point of the problem with tits overall is that the major alien rusher races are given nary a mention
The Naleen is only a bit character... The Zill are there own thing and that's cool but it seems like the Vanae are dicked over.
If we're complaining about underutilized native races, what about Tarkus?
Raskvel: Shekka, Dockmaster, 2 random encounters, 2 in Azra's quest (not sure if Broodmother is repeatable). Does the Dockmaster even have a name?
Sydians: 3 encounters, Matriarch (Azra's quest).
Gray Goo: Nova, Captain Morrow (only encountered in 1 quest) & 1 random encounter. Granted, Nova may be the best armor in the game.
Gabilani: Mitzi, Colenso, Vacationers, Lumi (annoyingly common encounter), Una + Gwon, Chemist, Cyborg on Dhaal.
Gray Goo and Sydians might not count as native, technically.

Adjatha has been working on busts for Zaika enemies that aren't in the game yet. Presumably, they'll be in the story dungeon. We may or may not be interacting more with the Peers, as well.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
If we're complaining about underutilized native races, what about Tarkus?
Raskvel: Shekka, Dockmaster, 2 random encounters, 2 in Azra's quest (not sure if Broodmother is repeatable). Does the Dockmaster even have a name?
Sydians: 3 encounters, Matriarch (Azra's quest).
Gray Goo: Nova, Captain Morrow (only encountered in 1 quest) & 1 random encounter. Granted, Nova may be the best armor in the game.
Gabilani: Mitzi, Colenso, Vacationers, Lumi (annoyingly common encounter), Una + Gwon, Chemist, Cyborg on Dhaal.
Gray Goo and Sydians might not count as native, technically.

Adjatha has been working on busts for Zaika enemies that aren't in the game yet. Presumably, they'll be in the story dungeon. We may or may not be interacting more with the Peers, as well.
From what I was looking in the Discord, the Broodmother is looking to be a repeatable encounter. She's just not high enough on the list. The Dockmaster for some reason you can impregnate, but not take any eggs away from, even if you wait there the whole time I think (also, why does her pregnancy functions differently from all Rask?).

Gray Goo aren't exactly native I'd say. They're still supposed to be humans trapped in goo bodies.

Gabilani: You forgot that Colenso has a quest in which gives you another underutilized key item that you can choose to sell or keep: Hand So's Data Bead. That being said, for everyone's most fav'd fantasy creature as of late, the gobbos are criminally underused. I'd like me some gobbo pirates, personally.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Gray Goo aren't exactly native I'd say. They're still supposed to be humans trapped in goo bodies.
The ones on the Nova are supposed to be human, but I'm not sure about the ones roaming outside.
Gabilani: You forgot that Colenso has a quest in which gives you another underutilized key item that you can choose to sell or keep: Hand So's Data Bead. That being said, for everyone's most fav'd fantasy creature as of late, the gobbos are criminally underused. I'd like me some gobbo pirates, personally.
Hand So was hardly relevant to the topic. I don't think Hand So counts as an underutilized race, unless you mean AIs. I don't think she's native, either. Nor is she a Gabilani.
But if you want to talk about her, there are a number of things that are vestigial content. The Storm Lancer Outpost, for example. I'm fairly certain the Milodan Fertility Ritual that unlocks the Priestesses was supposed to lead to something. The Broken Psi-Amp. Why can you buy a Buttsluttinator from Dr. Po when it only leads to a Bad End?