What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
I hate every level locked encounter in the game. There aren't a lot of them, but all the ones I've seen have been both annoying, and vastly overturned for when they unlock. And since I also hate losing, all they exist to do is put a level cap on the world before I have to leave.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
I don't like how some characters' need you to have sex with them, like helping Kiro or Reaha with her addiction instead of finding other means, or even unlocking Anno, Shekka, and Syri's quests. Like, if you want to want to play a character who only interested in specific genders.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
I still don't like how some encounters, scenarios, and interactions force you to have sex with characters, some for progression means. Another one I forgot to mention is wanting discuss Del(ilah)'s slavery and feminization with Beth, you needed to fuck Del(ilah) before speaking with Beth. One of many examples. Again, what if you want to play as a character whose only interested in one specific gender but the game railroads you into fucking a character you don't want? What I'm saying is, sex should be a choice for the player, not by design.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Because someone else in the forums brought this issue to light, I am also gonna say this instead of wallowing in ignorance.

This is perhaps gonna be my biggest gripe with TITS for until this problem is fixed. While I like having pure Red Myr children, let me give their mother a good place to be. I genuinely do not understand why we can impregnate Briha (the Red Myr Deserter), when the option of getting her off Myrellion isn't there yet. Heck, technically speaking, we have a Nyrea who speedran her way over to Tavros on her own the moment you gave birth to the Water Queens, but we cannot smuggle out a bearer? Aren't the Nyrea considered too savage to even be considered to be let off planet? Why is this double standard a thing at the moment, where the Gold Myr and the Water Queens can get a happy ending, but no personally guaranteed survival (see the codec's bit on the amount of fertile red myr females in the entire populace) for the Red Myr race, whose existence outside of Myrellion is very much questionable? Much less the fact that those females are likely being kept in breeding camps?

Hell naw. That's some Harry Potter level writing BS right there, to not have Briha be able to leave Myrellion while the Gold Myr, Water Queens, and by proxy Nyrea (not including the fact that you can also send cockvine seedlings to the nursery, like wtf? isn't it illegal to spread a parasite in the TITS universe?) all can. Briha can either help Paige out with her yoga thing on Tavros regardless if Paige is crew, do some bar work and hide out in the Tavros/Canadia bars, or just outright become a crewmate since gun muscle/chemical drugger (see Ardia) is useful. She can continue getting pregnant, and living a fair enough life in literally anywhere else but Myrellion's wastelands, while having very little to be done about it. Not to mention, the Zil (who are supposed to be part of the recent planet rush) have already made their way to Tavros, and basically have attempted worse things than injecting aphro venom into people. One of them already tried to commit rape by gassy lust pheromones via swarming Fisianna with them while Steele was blatantly dating her.

Even assuming we got enough children out of Briha to potentially pull a 100% repopulation with little issues, that's still shitty to do towards a person that just... exists after you impregnate her/sex her enough. It'd be better to just skip to the smuggling out of Myrellion than keep Briha there.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Briha was written by someone who left the community a long time ago, and that's that about that really. She's very unlikely to receive updates.
I know that, but can't the issue be fixed by another writer, or at the very minimum, the pregnancy thing removed? Briha is such a blank slate in regards to the rest of Jim's work, she only has a dozen or so short scenes of dialogue that are straight to the point in regards to immediate actions Steele made, while leaving little about any further interaction, and I feel as if it is entirely unfair to just have this happening just cause the author left.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
I know that, but can't the issue be fixed by another writer, or at the very minimum, the pregnancy thing removed? Briha is such a blank slate in regards to the rest of Jim's work, she only has a dozen or so short scenes of dialogue that are straight to the point in regards to immediate actions Steele made, while leaving little about any further interaction, and I feel as if it is entirely unfair to just have this happening just cause the author left.
Nobody who writes for the game wants to write for her. That's the main driving factor in any piece of abandoned content not getting any expansions or alterations.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
a gripes thread?
...for TITs thats easy. waay to much futa, Dgirl, femboy and other stuff like it, plus the … four? tiems ive suggested a setting or mod to change the stuff you make me the bad for suggesting it.

Prototype909

Dec 4, 2016
I think one of my recent complaints is that it feels like there's an increasing amount of characters where Steele basically exists to be a spectator to an existing/unfolding relationship/story rather than participant in it. Steele might have the option to have sex with the character in question, but it's almost included as an obligation rather than something that feels natural to the story they're involved in.

I say this understanding

1. It's the writer's discretion to introduce, define and advance their character(s) as they see fit.

2. Not every character in the game needs to or should be Steele-centric in their role/characterization/relationship etc.

That said I think that increasingly there's a lot of characters that either fall into two groups, ones that are basically completely defined by their relationship with Steele (Ostensibly they exist to either be a conquest or LI) or characters where Steele doesn't even qualify as the third wheel in whatever relationship they have without much room in-between (Even though I feel like there's plenty of space for there to be room in-between). And to be clear, this is not an objection to the more liberated sexual relationships TiTS tends to depict or asking for every character to be Steele exclusive.

For instance in what I've played of the Love Starz expansion, Steele is basically nothing more than a surrogate for Pink's unresolved feelings for the PC's dad or an advocate for Blue/Green's relationship. If you were hoping that anything in the expac would actually advance in terms of Steele's relationship with these characters it basically doesn't exist, in fact it almost feels like a regression. To go back to the previous wheel analogy, Steele isn't even the third wheel in these relationships they're the spare tire.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I just finished a playthrough, and generally it was unimpressive and left one bad impression after another. This largely boils down to a few points:
1) JS inventory UI is unintuitive as fuck
2) Lust combat is incredibly borked. Balance in general is shit, but this is all that exponentified.
3) Jasvalla (WHY has Nonesuch not been banned from writing combats yet?!)
4) Rat's Raider's

EvilBun can be considered automatically added onto this list if she isn't off-the-beaten-path opt-in like Akane, or at the vary least limited to a single planet.

I'm also rather dissapointed that Makius is still in limbo despite being coded in ye olde days and left to rot with the JS transition. Not that I can seriously expect Fenoxo to do anything given how awkward the situation has become, but at least formally rejecting it at this point is better than the situation as-is.

Reactions: badgy300

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
I just finished a playthrough, and generally it was unimpressive and left one bad impression after another. This largely boils down to a few points:
1) JS inventory UI is unintuitive as fuck
2) Lust combat is incredibly borked. Balance in general is shit, but this is all that exponentified.
3) Jasvalla (WHY has Nonesuch not been banned from writing combats yet?!)
4) Rat's Raider's

EvilBun can be considered automatically added onto this list if she isn't off-the-beaten-path opt-in like Akane, or at the vary least limited to a single planet.

I'm also rather dissapointed that Makius is still in limbo despite being coded in ye olde days and left to rot with the JS transition. Not that I can seriously expect Fenoxo to do anything given how awkward the situation has become, but at least formally rejecting it at this point is better than the situation as-is.
mfw person cannot understand simple images and not know the importance of stat training, not to mention willpower.

Alright look buddy, not only is this not Nonesuch's first encounter, but Jasvalla is between Leek and Nonesuch here. Nonesuch has had some good encounters and plenty of good characters that fit well into the game, so I'd say if you wanna bitch at anyone, bitch at Leek here. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with Jasvalla's inclusion, since she's not that hard to defeat across the board. ALSO, if you wanna remove Jasvalla from the game, you're supposed to go to Penny first things first and/or Riya if her bit is implemented back in instead of being cut.

The JS inventory is far from unintuitive. If you can't understand what shirt, sword, drink, gem, double heart, and star is, then you've hardly been playing the actual game, because these images are also present in the Flash version.

Lust combat is not borked. At most on NPC end, the Gray Goo are especially annoying since the said enemies have an unresistable lust attack when everyone else can be resisted. At most on PC end, the Slut Rays are at least 8-15th level items that the player should not be able to have, because stun lock and lust spam is broken, and makes the Treatment become useless in comparison... Badger tech in combat is in general very ridiculous, since you can easily buy it all at low levels.

And stop malding about the Rat Raiders. They're not a hard encounter, and you don't have to let them suck your credits out. Just making sure you defeat the Mining Bots and hand them your gems makes them easy enough to push off.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 4

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
The JS inventory is far from unintuitive. If you can't understand what shirt, sword, drink, gem, double heart, and star is, then you've hardly been playing the actual game, because these images are also present in the Flash version.
I think the big grievance here is the inspect button which is new to the JS port. It's a real downgrade from the original which would let you hover over equipment and see the stats but now you have to click a button and open a whole other page to see the stats on any equipment. this is rather inconvenient when trying to compare several pieces of equipment. Like say if you were Shopping.
Lust combat is not borked. At most on NPC end, the Gray Goo are especially annoying since the said enemies have an unresistable lust attack when everyone else can be resisted. At most on PC end, the Slut Rays are at least 8-15th level items that the player should not be able to have, because stun lock and lust spam is broken, and makes the Treatment become useless in comparison... Badger tech in combat is in general very ridiculous, since you can easily buy it all at low levels.
So you started this paragraph stating lust combat is not borked and then proceed to explain all of the reasons why it in fact is borked. :gedwut: I mean, sure I guess.

And stop malding about the Rat Raiders. They're not a hard encounter, and you don't have to let them suck your credits out. Just making sure you defeat the Mining Bots and hand them your gems makes them easy enough to push off.
Alright look buddy this is the gripes thread where people come to complain about shit. You don't just come here and tell people stop voicing how they feel about certain content when that's the explicit purpose of the thread.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I think the big grievance here is the inspect button which is new to the JS port. It's a real downgrade from the original which would let you hover over equipment and see the stats but now you have to click a button and open a whole other page to see the stats on any equipment. this is rather inconvenient when trying to compare several pieces of equipment. Like say if you were Shopping.
This, vary much, but additionally the keymapping for inventory is extremely unintuitive. I frequently leave inventory or otherwise erroniously interact with it, which was never a problem with flash or CoC2.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States

So you started this paragraph stating lust combat is not borked and then proceed to explain all of the reasons why it in fact is borked. :gedwut: I mean, sure I guess.

Alright look buddy this is the gripes thread where people come to complain about shit. You don't just come here and tell people stop voicing how they feel about certain content when that's the explicit purpose of the thread.
The inspect button automatically shows the differences between what you're currently using, and what it is you're inspecting, without having to compare. The red stuff on the inspect screen means losses, while the cyan stuff means gains (see image for what I'm talking about). This was also a thing in previous versions that were not Java. While I can understand the loss of hovering, there's a very general incline on equipment that can be seen(and you also get to compare stuff in shops).

Fair enough on the lust thing I'd suppose, but I really don't find it a nuisance against any Steele. It's just not fair on the enemy's end, since Slut Rays and the like are just the biggest "fuck you" against literally any enemy that doesn't have high evasion or isn't a sentient robot. Otherwise, it'd be balanced, and would also make sense since variable likes and dislikes are a thing.

And I'm mainly telling him to chill about Nonesuch here. My dude in another thread has this weird grudge against all of Nonesuch's encounters. Most of those encounters aren't Jasvalla level of creep, and add to the game in a good way.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
The inspect button automatically shows the differences between what you're currently using, and what it is you're inspecting, without having to compare. The red stuff on the inspect screen means losses, while the cyan stuff means gains (see image for what I'm talking about). This was also a thing in previous versions that were not Java. While I can understand the loss of hovering, there's a very general incline on equipment that can be seen(and you also get to compare stuff in shops).
Again that's very inconvenient when trying to compare several pieces of equipment. Not just what you're wearing with what's in the inventory but items in the inventory with each other, items in the shops inventory with each other and comparing both shop items and your own items from the inventory. On flash you could see all of your equipment and all of a shops equipment and their stats on the the same page without having to press any buttons. In JS Shop equipment and your inventory are under 2 separate tabs and seeing the stats on each piece requires you to click compare on every single one. going back and forth between inventories and between items requiring so many button presses. The JS UI is very much a downgrade from flash in almost every conceivable way.

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
Regarding lust weapons, here's a few things I think are wrong with them:

• Tease elemental ones get bonus damage from your clothes' Sexiness.
  • Tease elemental ones get bonus damage from pheromone perks. Each additional perk counts.
  • They bypass the lust damage cap.
  • They ignore level difference damage mitigation.
  • Ranged ones can be fired twice with Rapid Fire (if I remember correctly).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
  • Ranged ones can be fired twice with Rapid Fire (if I remember correctly).
Slut Rays/Bimbolium Emitter can only be fired once/turn even with Second Shot, unless you have Rapid Fire (3 + 2nd Shot) or Overcharge (1.5x - 2x damage). Oddly, Slut Rays have a Crit Bonus, but can't Crit normally (I don't know why). The Heavy Slut Ray has Bonus Hit Rate, but the only way to get more than one attack is be a Ranged Merc.
Royal Shard Bow interacts normally with 2nd Shot.

Lust Combat
The PC is the only one that can start combat with more than 0 Lust. Depending on Libido, you can easily be within one attack of defeat, especially once Libido became Accuracy (unless you take Ice Cold witch is seriously OP). The only way to increase your resistance is to max out Willpower (and Cow and Amazon Treatment want you to avoid that) and use specific equipment, which has crappy stats for regular combat. Meanwhile, some enemies can clear their Lust bar one or more times (or unlimited, making those enemies stealth unbeatable with Lust). You can get increases to maximum Lust, but they usually come with downsides. Steele's max level is also under the current max for enemies.
I hear Stealth Teasing doesn't really work anymore, that was a favorite trick on my Smuggler.

And I'm mainly telling him to chill about Nonesuch here. My dude in another thread has this weird grudge against all of Nonesuch's encounters. Most of those encounters aren't Jasvalla level of creep, and add to the game in a good way.
Good is a matter of taste. The thing about Nonesuch's encounters is they tend to be more difficult than average for the area and don't come with commensurate rewards. Or at least, those are the ones that are remembered.
Storm Lancer/Gel Zon gets kind of annoying. Yes, you can refuse to fight him, but he insults you if you do. He also got a lot easier once you could hit him with Melee if you have Wings or the Light Jetpack. Previously, you had to shoot him down and he'd get a huge buff. And he can Self Heal (which a lot of players hate), with no chance of backfiring, despite the flavor text. I kind of wish he had a cooldown, since he mentions training to beat you.
Were you around when there was at least one mandatory encounter with the Quaddomes in Myrellion's Deep Caverns? Lose (easy to do, since they trap you, fly, spam Lust attacks and are higher level than anything else in the zone), and you get a long-term change. Lose enough and you'll auto lose forever more, no matter how strong you become later.
LG-BT is avoidable, but very difficult if you run into it.

UI
It's also much more annoying to use items in rapid succession. We went from holding down 1 button 3 clicks, only 1 having a hotkey.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Were you around when there was at least one mandatory encounter with the Quaddomes in Myrellion's Deep Caverns? Lose (easy to do, since they trap you, fly, spam Lust attacks and are higher level than anything else in the zone), and you get a long-term change. Lose enough and you'll auto lose forever more, no matter how strong you become later.
I was not around for that. That looks more like bad design more than something that was intended though. The Quaddommes are far stronger than literally everything else in the Deep Caves, so it should've made sense to begin with to make them a quest NPC that stays around even after quest completion.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I was not around for that. That looks more like bad design more than something that was intended though. The Quaddommes are far stronger than literally everything else in the Deep Caves, so it should've made sense to begin with to make them a quest NPC that stays around even after quest completion.
Bad design is a subject of context. If this was a bad end or submission focused game, where the high level expectation was that this content would be enjoyed by all consumers, there would be no problems with Nonesuch's designs.

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
Lust Combat
The PC is the only one that can start combat with more than 0 Lust. Depending on Libido, you can easily be within one attack of defeat
If Lust rises to dangerous levels outside of combat, you can easily fap to reset it.

especially once Libido became Accuracy (unless you take Ice Cold witch is seriously OP).

Libido is both accuracy and damage... for teases. Lust weapons don't use it.

By the way, if nothing changes, teases will become useless late game, so why bother with Libido anyway:

This is the tease damage formula:
Code:
let damage = (10 + attacker.teaseSkill()/4 + attacker.sexiness());

This is the lust defense:
Code:
    lustDef()
    {
        return Math.ceil(this.level/1.5 + this.willpower()/4 + this.resolve());
    }

Note - Teaseskill = Libido, capped at 100 (unlike Willpower)

At level 20, Willpawer will finally have catched up with Libido, and Level / 1.5 will be bigger than 10. So, without likes, a character with 100 Libido will deal 1 damage to an enemy with 100 Willpower, even before resistances.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I feel like a lot of the complaints I'm seeing about nonesuch's stuff are combat balance related, I certainly have no complaints about the writing after doing Bizzy's quest. I don't even mind Jasvalla for what she is, shame there's no option for you to turn the tables on her or no gastigoth cell for her.

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022
If Lust rises to dangerous levels outside of combat, you can easily fap to reset it.
Weirdly enough, this is the one thing I keep forgetting I can do in this game. Admittedly, it's more fun to find a partner for relief, but still.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I can't wait to read your reactions to this mob Fen's commissioned me to write for Phaedra III honestly. I've had some delightfully nasty ideas for it.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
No dedicated snake/cobra hood/snake hair tf.

I've been malding about this for literally years, and shall continue to do so until it is added or I can scrape together the cash to pay someone to make it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
No dedicated snake/cobra hood/snake hair tf.

I've been malding about this for literally years, and shall continue to do so until it is added or I can scrape together the cash to pay someone to make it.
This is definitely in the realm of "shit you can write in 10 minutes and submit"

Reactions: Kesil

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
This is definitely in the realm of "shit you can write in 10 minutes and submit"
Yeah I know, and ive put serious thought into doing it, but I've never written anything like this before. Closest thing is my college papers and I honestly kinda half assed those. I can't help but get overwhelmed by it, I guess.

Sorry if I came off as a bit whiny, I was mostly trying to be funny with it.