What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
This ties to one of my older gripes that you can't my character a femboy/trap or tomboy right from the get-go.
Kaithrit. Probably also take the starting mods that are opposite of your gender.

Though I do agree with the tomboy thing. How come it be that we cannot be a tomboy gf at the start?

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021
She very much tells you she's always on top before you can get to a scene where she puts it in your bum. Kinda your own fault there for subbing to a big-dick futadomme.
Nah i do not remember that she says this, at least not in as many words.

At the very least, all she says is she tops, NOT turn you into a non-consenting body pillow. This sucks even more as this is immediately after she goes all moochy and tells you that she's always liked you.

Maybe if she overtly says it like verusha does it'd be fine. Heck you can even avoid getting bummed by Verusha if you're on rut so i guess you can't really victimblame me for hitching up with the futadomme mommies.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
So I booted up my character I haven't played in a while and she is now considered an Amazon now. Amazon is a race?
Wasn't it always used to either being a build or a offshoot of the treatment?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
So I booted up my character I haven't played in a while and she is now considered an Amazon now. Amazon is a race?
Wasn't it always used to either being a build or a offshoot of the treatment?
Race calculation changed in 0.9.015 to no longer selectively ignore parts. While Amazon is associated with the Treatment, as a Race, it's gated by Height, Thickness and Tone. This isn't the only consequence, some of the starter races no longer display as half-whatever. for example.

Reactions: HK-47

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Race calculation changed in 0.9.015 to no longer selectively ignore parts. While Amazon is associated with the Treatment, as a Race, it's gated by Height, Thickness and Tone. This isn't the only consequence, some of the starter races no longer display as half-whatever. for example.

Honestly I kinda wish they’d change it back to the old version, as the new one seems pretty broken. At the very least, it needs a hell of a lot more refinement so it will actually function correctly, since as you mentioned it can’t even count you as a half-Ausar or what have you, even if you have all the correct parts necessary, and nothing that should be counting as other race features.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
SFMBE

Hi there!

I have a some of these:

1. I feel a kind of funny frustrating hypocrisy when some enemy encounters in case they win gladly fuck my ass as much as they want, but if I want a victory ride, I get told that I must have a vagina -_-

2. There comes a time in the game when you just can not fail a specific checks, such as when competing or playing games with someone. This makes a some of scenes inaccessible, which is never a good thing. I'd like to be able to specifically fail a check, to give in, to roleplay a particular Steele.

3. Nerfs. Never liked them. The game is already full of limits to the progression of the protagonist's power. If this is done for difficulties it is better to have a switch to hardcore mode - the enemies are 200% tougher, 300% stronger, 400% fuck harder, something like that, someone will definitely appreciate. If this is done for the sake of balance, I do not understand, it's not a multiplayer game, if something is broken and you're not OK with it just do not use it. How can I make the galaxy bow to my dic… I meant WILL, if I don't have the possibility to create the most broken over-powered Mary Sue in the known universe.

ijones72

Sep 1, 2021
SFMBE

Hi there!

I have a some of these:

1. I feel a kind of funny frustrating hypocrisy when some enemy encounters in case they win gladly fuck my ass as much as they want, but if I want a victory ride, I get told that I must have a vagina -_-

2. There comes a time in the game when you just can not fail a specific checks, such as when competing or playing games with someone. This makes a some of scenes inaccessible, which is never a good thing. I'd like to be able to specifically fail a check, to give in, to roleplay a particular Steele.

3. Nerfs. Never liked them. The game is already full of limits to the progression of the protagonist's power. If this is done for difficulties it is better to have a switch to hardcore mode - the enemies are 200% tougher, 300% stronger, 400% fuck harder, something like that, someone will definitely appreciate. If this is done for the sake of balance, I do not understand, it's not a multiplayer game, if something is broken and you're not OK with it just do not use it. How can I make the galaxy bow to my dic… I meant WILL, if I don't have the possibility to create the most broken over-powered Mary Sue in the known universe.
Its done in order to make the game more fun.
If theres one option thats just objectively better than everything else, then its not fun to use those weaker options knowing that you're intentionally gimping yourself.

Reactions: Balek Crisp

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Personally, I'm less concerned with one option/combo being too powerful and making others 'pointless' than with the Devs balancing based on the most powerful option/combo making it effectively required.

However, some nerfs do go too far. Deep Freeze, for example.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Generally, I'm more in favor of raising the worse options up to the level of the best. That said, Charge Weapon was way too strong, and I think it still probably is the best ability. Even with the damage capabilities being greatly lowered, there's no changing the fact that you've given your melee weapon extra damage for the entire rest of the combat. It's like what's happened with things like Roar in Warframe or the Perma-Spike in BTD6: The only way to nerf it to the extent where it isn't always a great choice is to make it either functionally useless number-wise or to outright remove the core functionality. I don't want it to be removed, it's just impossible for any ability which only has an effect one turn to compare to the efficiency of a long-lasting buff. That's why any melee character I make will be drawn to Tech Spec (and also any ranged character is drawn to the merc, because what does compare is making 4 attacks in a single turn, which scales much better than other burst abilities like "deal double damage/2.7x damage"). I want other things to be better, so I can feel like using them is actually worthwhile.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
A cheat for editing your TFs, I know that in game TF randomness and difficulty in obtaining them is a lore point but if you're already in the cheat menu editing TF's is like top of the list of things I want to do easily

Sam_Cinders

Sep 29, 2022
Since the last update, turning the Anrdoid version into fullscreen application now locks it to displaying on one way - meaning you have to keep your device facing left/counterclockwise; most people wouldn't care but when you're left-handed and the touch controls show on the bottom, it's annoying when you're used to turning your device to the right/clockwise.

If there's a way to get the game to flip like it used to, that'd be nice - otherwise changing it back to not a fullscreen app and having the touch controls always there is personally better.

v.mum

Mar 2, 2018
I want the option to swap the display of 'Active' and 'Passive' stats. You don't generally need to see your Active stats in town, but you might need to see the Passive if you're stat training.
THIS, honestly? this, yes.

I'm doing a fresh play through and one of my least favorite parts about vamping a new character is having to go to Ten Ton and up my stats. It was already dreadful, doing the back-and-forth on soreness and sleep, and then basically key-mapping patterns so i can go from my current skill-building-action and then over to the spa and then back and then BACK to the ship...

It was already a hastle, but i sort of excepted "well, I'm grinding my character. Of course it'll be a little grind-y. That's fine, I suppose." although, not going to lie, while my runs of the game are usually cheat-free, I'd start using a "raise my aim" or "raise my reflexes" cheat as opposed to dealing with Ten Ton. My real world time is way better spent, you know, playing the REST of the game.
But, I digress.

My actual gripe:
I have gotten used to the new layout and most of its features, really. I agree that the 'compare' thing, as others have mentioned, is a little awful, needs work. the Codex layout is, yeah, a little finicky, could use work too. But thats all livable.
But the one thing i struggle with, cannot STAND, is that there is no means to actively view all my stats WHILE i'm grinding them. The key stroke string is already uncountable, because once you get your stat high enough it doesn't go up one EVERY workout anymore, so you cant even see when it DOES go up. Which means i have to go into the janky, kind-of intuitive codex which as i mentioned, fine, livable- UNTIL, that is, i need to do it every god damn time i go though a string of workouts? because the stat grinding wasn't already grindy enough?

As I quoted above: please god it would be so helpful if i could, you know, SEE the stats i'm trying to improve?
I would also deeply appreciate a button in the cheat menu that just- please just let me level all this stuff instantly. i've played through this came a lot of times to re-experience new content while immersed, but every god damn time, the process of grinding up those individual passive skills is something I dread every time I get big T's email.

TL;DR:
Please let me view all my stats or switch between which ones are visible.
Please also maybe add a cheat to speed through the tedium of raising stats at Ten Ton.

At least one or the other. Please. Please.

Skallabjorn

May 26, 2020
Off the top of my head, there is only one serious gripe I have.

I know it has been a policy since the early days of the group's work, but the protection of abandoned characters is sad sometimes.

Let me explain what I mean.

A good writer creates a beloved character. For whatever reason, they leave the group, and that character's content is frozen from that point on. Story characters are probably protected from this, but minor NPCs, like Brandy get Frozen where they were left. And it is sad to think that there may well be no content for them again. Ever. I think the story, as a whole - including minor NPCs - is more important than any one contributor. I think of the shared universe collaborative series of my youth (Wild Cards, Thieves' World, Heroes in Hell), and see the potential for that level of greatness. There were rules, but they seem to have been slightly looser.

I honestly do not think anything can be done about it at this point, It is just the one thing about Fen and Company's products that makes me sad.

With that said, Dickgirl? Horsecock? Breeding? Insane Cockpit Crew Tentacle Orgy?
Bring. It.
I have yet to find ANY of the intimate scenes to NOT be fapworthy. Even the Bad Ends. You folks are hitting it right, in my opinion, and I look forward to each update.
Any chance of Khorgan getting work release to Steele? Gods, Imagine Khorgan, Mitzi, Kiro, Shekka, Anno, and Amber as crew.

And Ramis should be EXHAUSTING Kase, just my 2 cents.

P.S.
A fix for the storage in the Clydesdale K7 would be nice. It should be 50 per slot, as in the specs, not 30 per slot as, played.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As I quoted above: please god it would be so helpful if i could, you know, SEE the stats i'm trying to improve?
Or a notice. [Stat] reached X. But that would probably require updating each scene that alters stats.
I would also deeply appreciate a button in the cheat menu that just- please just let me level all this stuff instantly. i've played through this came a lot of times to re-experience new content while immersed, but every god damn time, the process of grinding up those individual passive skills is something I dread every time I get big T's email.
You can use the console for this.
F12 or Control + Shift + J
pc.physiqueRaw =
pc.reflexesRaw =
pc.aimRaw =
pc.intelligenceRaw =
pc.willpowerRaw =
Then whatever you want after =. 100 should keep you maxed for the full game. I don't think stats over the cap count, so you won't be overpowered.
If you omit the =, it will display the current stat.
Or you can use
pc.unspentStatPoints =

Yes, the first word has to be uncapitalized.
You can hold Enter after clicking the + on the Level Up screen to add more points without clicking a bunch of times.
For that matter, I'd like one of those ++ buttons to max out a stat in one click. Or at least spend all remaining points.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
SFMBE

I've been playing TITS for a while and haven't tried all the available content yet, but so far I've only encountered one character that made me uncomfortable and most importantly it was sudden and without prerequisites.

Bianca.

Yes, the big-eared, fluffy tailed, curvy doctor with a goal to help everyone. Well it looks like the good doctor wasn't good enough to warn the person ,who trusts her, about her intimate preferences. I mean her preferences for denial play(I guess that's what it's called). And that came out of nowhere, the game is full of strictly dominant characters with specific tastes in sex, but usually they either warn about them directly beforehand, or it's very easy to read between the lines of everything they are about. But that doesn't seem to be the case. And Steele is of course completely OK with everything that's going on and it's an annoying trend in general: no matter what preferences you keep in mind for Steele for a particular run, his personality, stats, abilities, equipment and any other shit that counts, if the author of a particular event decided that your Steele is stupid/weak/sub/masochist/jerk/whatever well it looks like you do play for that character, which is kind of sad.
But I guess I got a little distracted. As for that scene with Bianca, I really wished I had a way to stop it. Something like respectfully move from her away, sedate myself, and leave in the end saying that it is advisable to warn about such things in advance. I mean it's not like rape scene after defeat and say "no" is always an option.
Or make her really warn or hint at what she's going to do with Steele, that would change everything.
So all in all the character is not bad and interesting, would be very good for a specific roleplay, just wish there was more clarification before the action.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
And Steele is of course completely OK with everything that's going on and it's an annoying trend in general: no matter what preferences you keep in mind for Steele for a particular run, his personality, stats, abilities, equipment and any other shit that counts, if the author of a particular event decided that your Steele is stupid/weak/sub/masochist/jerk/whatever well it looks like you do play for that character, which is kind of sad.
Steele generally being okay is likely to be because, most of the time, you know what you're getting into, so if you picked it, you want to see it. Also, what scene from Bianca is it that you think is about orgasm denial? And how come?

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
Steele generally being okay is likely to be because, most of the time, you know what you're getting into, so if you picked it, you want to see it. Also, what scene from Bianca is it that you think is about orgasm denial? And how come?
SFMBE

Yes, I understand that. If Steele chooses to be a sex toy for someone, it is his conscious choice and he is completely OK with the consequences. But that only applies when you know exactly what you're choosing. In this situation, I chose handjob from a cute fox-milf and got a scene of brain-melting torture. And there is no way to escape this torture until the cruel fox herself decides to set you free. And as I've written here before, there is no suggestion of such behavior from the doctor, not in the conversations with her, not in the description of her appearance, not even in the summary of the action buttons in the sex menu. I think there's even a moment, after this execution, when Steele asks Bianca why she was so harsh and her answer is something like "my husband is into that, so you are too" just GREAT. My frustration stems not so much from the scene content itself as from the suddenness and lack of opportunity to have any influence on what is going on.

In terms of suddenness, these events can only be compared to the encounter with a platoon of horny bee soldiers in the underground city, when I was on low energy and could not run away from them. I ended up getting honey gang raped, drugged with lust venom, and more honey gang rape. And that event is totally BS too! Like everything else where you can't fight for yourself, but only rely on chance or just submit.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
If you dont like Bianca then don't interact with her.. she is one of the least forced NPCs in a game I have played.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
If you dont like Bianca then don't interact with her.. she is one of the least forced NPCs in a game I have played.
SFMBE
Oh boy, I know my English is bad, but I can't figure out how to express my thoughts and feelings from this event even more accurately. But I'll try. For example, there is the character Verusha and she directly tells Steel that if they have sex, then Steel will act as an onahole. And now I know what to expect from her. In the case of Bianca, I ended up in a situation of "surprise motherfucker!" and was not happy with the surprise. If I got any clue about what was going to happen everything would be OK, so how would it be a conscious choice.

As I see it, it's not a matter of liking or disliking a content, but telling the player what's in store for Steele.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Fair enough.. I dont mind her content and waiting patiently for her next expac.. I need her upon my Steeles ship.

Atryx10

Jan 7, 2017
Has been brought up before, I'll bring it up again:
The hard countering of melee techs instead of fixing the issues.
I played as a melee shield tech, with my melee being kinetic only, and my ranged being electric only, solely to minmax the roles of the weapons, i.e. secondary for shields, and main for the enemy. As shields are weak to electric damage, and kinetic damage is the least protected against type when it comes to armour.
I was level 10, with max stats, a vibrolass, and a CTL-3 when I fought Janeira. Literally only won because I save scummed and did regen and holding down 1 until Janeira's shields were down, and I could use gravity disruptor until it died, or I died because the thing regens not only health, but more importantly SHIELDS when struck by electric attacks, despite shields having 50% electric damage weakness. I think my chance of success was something in the ballpark of 1/30 to beat the damn thing. It was not a fun fight in the slightest as basically all my skills except for two were rendered completely useless, detrimental even, as it'd just heal the opponent.
If "charge weapon" lasted for 3-4 rounds, and either just multiplied the weapon's current damage types, or added energy damage to the weapon attacks, it'd no longer be broken. Easy fix, devs, please get it implemented ASAP.
The greatest issue with enemies that heal from electric damage, is that all the best melee weapons in the game do electric damage, so even if you're not playing tech spec. you get punished.

Another gripe:
Unavoidable quests, time limited quests, and percentage based stat checks coming together at once.
Yes, I'm talking about Nastizia. Fuck that entire quest so hard. All I wanted was to recruit Ramis and get started on maxing my level 10 stats. Instead, I had to save edit my stats to max solely so that I could actually beat the quest, so that I could get back to actually grinding my stats to max.
I'm fine with forced quests, I'm fine with time limited quests, but for the love of [REDACTED] don't fucking combine the two, or worse, add percentage based stat checks! Because it WILL happen that it lands on someone when they're least ready for it.

Yet another gripe:
The UX, which has been brought up before, and I'll bring it up again here, but not in the "wish I could see stats and map at the same time again" kinda way.
Why does the inventory's buttons not work? It says "press 2 to use", but here I am being forced to manually use 249 Nuki Nutbutter in a row with my mouse because the god-damn "use" button doesn't actually use the 2-key. Makes me wish the "Use" button allowed you to use stacks of items at once.
Oh, also the game crashes if you add more items to the checkout cart than can fit into your inventory, instead of doing the rational thing of being set to the max that can fit in your inventory.

More gripe:
Swimming in the pool at New Texas's gym. If I have the Gray Goo armour equipped with the swimming suit style, I don't bloody expect to get all my clothes removed as I "get ready" to enter the pool, now, do I? I lost a good bit of time thanks to finding out that that's why I was gaining exhibitionism points while I was grinding Aim.

Yet more gripe:
The soft-capping of stat gain from workouts as you reach max.
You start off by getting like 1 point every workout, then gradually you slow down to a crawl of ~0.2 points per workout as you're like 3 points away from capping. Considering the fact that percentage based checks exist, this is literally just annoying and serves no purpose beyond a shimmer of "realism".

Gripe 2: electric boogaloo:
Unfinished content, and unfinished content related accessories.
Deepsea Research Facility gives you the option to kill or take an AI core, as well as gives you two key-item key cards, which you get the choice of handing in or keeping without any way to know which you should pick as there's literally nothing for that stuff yet, and afaik there's none planned yet either. Which means you're basically soft-locked the moment you decide to do that dungeon, as you'll have to revert to whichever save actually suits you better when content gets released, if ever.
Additionally, key-items for completed quests should be removed from the key-items list. I really don't want to have to trawl through that list to try and find whatever key-items I have that are actually of active interest.

Additional gripe:
Ships.
Why even bother with getting enough money for the MS-XI or Sledgehammr, when the only really viable way to get said money is to reach the casino, at which point you've already acquired the Sidewinder, which is currently the best ship in the game, for free.
Shit like the Sidewinder should be put in exclusively side-quest rewards, and really difficult side-quests at that. Not on the god-damn road of the main quest. Actually atrocious game-design.
Not to mention, when it comes to gadgets and weapons, the only gadget that truly matters is the Capacitor Bank. And for weapons, all you need is 1 EM Turret, and 2 Machine Gun Turrets, and you're set.
My loadout on the sidewinder of 1 EM Turret, 2 Machine Gun Turrets, 3 Capacitor Banks, 4 Tuned Emitters, 2 Hardened Systems, and 1 Power Tuner has made me literally unkillable when it comes to ship combat in a way that makes fights so dull that I just want an auto-combat button that just lets me skip past the fight because of how utterly outmatched the enemy ships are. Never taken a single point of hull damage, or even used a Capacitor Bank once since I got the sidewinder and outfitted it with this stuff.
And also, why do all ship hulls have such massive corrosive damage vulnerability when there are no weapons to take advantage of it?

Kind of a gripe:
Meta knowledge.
Showing the players that the PC has something along the lines of the most cutting edge nano machine stuff ever in them, hence the ability to transform so much, so freely, with so little risk. You can only really pick this up via absolutely miniscule subtext in NPC dialogues and behaviour, with the exception of doctor Lessau at Uveto, who explicitly tells you that it's only thanks to Victor Steele and others, among which you have Lessau himself, that the PC is able to transform so much with minimal risk. It's at least the only thing I can think of as to why there's so much current era conservativeness to a lot of the characters, despite the fact that there's literally vending machines that sell highly transformative substances, and the fact that such genetic manipulation makes it so that biological relatedness means fuck-all since you can literally within a couple minute become so genetically distinct from your own family that you could sire children with them with no risks. Like, this universe is like Cyberpunk but to the max, and also even hornier, somehow, and yet still carrying modern era ethical dilemmas that are innately solved by the very nature of how absolutely power-gamey and meta a lot of the things in-universe are.

Last gripe:
Uveto.
It's been in the game for what feels like half a decade at this point. Why is this planet still unfinished? I'm referring specifically to the Hunter’s Dream. I can understand the key cards, as that could be for some content after the PC acquires Steele Tech, which puts it far into the backlog, but this spot of absolute nothingness has been there (I think) ever since Uveto became available (in the public builds).

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Why even bother with getting enough money for the MS-XI or Sledgehammr, when the only really viable way to get said money is to reach the casino
I get the MS-XI soon after getting to Uveto from Tarkus, its pretty easy to get money on planet by doing two things, one: "dealing" with the Frostwyrm to clear out the coast area and two: getting the Nog'wich leash to Increase the gem rate up to 2.5% from 1.33%. What I do is get step one and two done then just hold W and S on the coast with heat packs and an upgraded backpack till I'm full on gems then sell them to Anno or Celenso, its a bit luck based but it works for me. I checked a save and Savicite makes up the bulk of my profits while Lucicite makes up 40%ish of the money, for my time spent I got about 300K+ for just walking up and down.

This method is harder to do as a non smuggler, but I managed to beat the dragon at level 8 with all classes with a bit of luck just to keep game sequencing in line.

Last edited:

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Has been brought up before, I'll bring it up again:
The hard countering of melee techs instead of fixing the issues.
I played as a melee shield tech, with my melee being kinetic only, and my ranged being electric only, solely to minmax the roles of the weapons, i.e. secondary for shields, and main for the enemy. As shields are weak to electric damage, and kinetic damage is the least protected against type when it comes to armour.
I was level 10, with max stats, a vibrolass, and a CTL-3 when I fought Janeira. Literally only won because I save scummed and did regen and holding down 1 until Janeira's shields were down, and I could use gravity disruptor until it died, or I died because the thing regens not only health, but more importantly SHIELDS when struck by electric attacks, despite shields having 50% electric damage weakness. I think my chance of success was something in the ballpark of 1/30 to beat the damn thing. It was not a fun fight in the slightest as basically all my skills except for two were rendered completely useless, detrimental even, as it'd just heal the opponent.
If "charge weapon" lasted for 3-4 rounds, and either just multiplied the weapon's current damage types, or added energy damage to the weapon attacks, it'd no longer be broken. Easy fix, devs, please get it implemented ASAP.
The greatest issue with enemies that heal from electric damage, is that all the best melee weapons in the game do electric damage, so even if you're not playing tech spec. you get punished.

Another gripe:
Unavoidable quests, time limited quests, and percentage based stat checks coming together at once.
Yes, I'm talking about Nastizia. Fuck that entire quest so hard. All I wanted was to recruit Ramis and get started on maxing my level 10 stats. Instead, I had to save edit my stats to max solely so that I could actually beat the quest, so that I could get back to actually grinding my stats to max.
I'm fine with forced quests, I'm fine with time limited quests, but for the love of [REDACTED] don't fucking combine the two, or worse, add percentage based stat checks! Because it WILL happen that it lands on someone when they're least ready for it.

Yet another gripe:
The UX, which has been brought up before, and I'll bring it up again here, but not in the "wish I could see stats and map at the same time again" kinda way.
Why does the inventory's buttons not work? It says "press 2 to use", but here I am being forced to manually use 249 Nuki Nutbutter in a row with my mouse because the god-damn "use" button doesn't actually use the 2-key. Makes me wish the "Use" button allowed you to use stacks of items at once.
Oh, also the game crashes if you add more items to the checkout cart than can fit into your inventory, instead of doing the rational thing of being set to the max that can fit in your inventory.

More gripe:
Swimming in the pool at New Texas's gym. If I have the Gray Goo armour equipped with the swimming suit style, I don't bloody expect to get all my clothes removed as I "get ready" to enter the pool, now, do I? I lost a good bit of time thanks to finding out that that's why I was gaining exhibitionism points while I was grinding Aim.

Yet more gripe:
The soft-capping of stat gain from workouts as you reach max.
You start off by getting like 1 point every workout, then gradually you slow down to a crawl of ~0.2 points per workout as you're like 3 points away from capping. Considering the fact that percentage based checks exist, this is literally just annoying and serves no purpose beyond a shimmer of "realism".

Gripe 2: electric boogaloo:
Unfinished content, and unfinished content related accessories.
Deepsea Research Facility gives you the option to kill or take an AI core, as well as gives you two key-item key cards, which you get the choice of handing in or keeping without any way to know which you should pick as there's literally nothing for that stuff yet, and afaik there's none planned yet either. Which means you're basically soft-locked the moment you decide to do that dungeon, as you'll have to revert to whichever save actually suits you better when content gets released, if ever.
Additionally, key-items for completed quests should be removed from the key-items list. I really don't want to have to trawl through that list to try and find whatever key-items I have that are actually of active interest.

Additional gripe:
Ships.
Why even bother with getting enough money for the MS-XI or Sledgehammr, when the only really viable way to get said money is to reach the casino, at which point you've already acquired the Sidewinder, which is currently the best ship in the game, for free.
Shit like the Sidewinder should be put in exclusively side-quest rewards, and really difficult side-quests at that. Not on the god-damn road of the main quest. Actually atrocious game-design.
Not to mention, when it comes to gadgets and weapons, the only gadget that truly matters is the Capacitor Bank. And for weapons, all you need is 1 EM Turret, and 2 Machine Gun Turrets, and you're set.
My loadout on the sidewinder of 1 EM Turret, 2 Machine Gun Turrets, 3 Capacitor Banks, 4 Tuned Emitters, 2 Hardened Systems, and 1 Power Tuner has made me literally unkillable when it comes to ship combat in a way that makes fights so dull that I just want an auto-combat button that just lets me skip past the fight because of how utterly outmatched the enemy ships are. Never taken a single point of hull damage, or even used a Capacitor Bank once since I got the sidewinder and outfitted it with this stuff.
And also, why do all ship hulls have such massive corrosive damage vulnerability when there are no weapons to take advantage of it?

Kind of a gripe:
Meta knowledge.
Showing the players that the PC has something along the lines of the most cutting edge nano machine stuff ever in them, hence the ability to transform so much, so freely, with so little risk. You can only really pick this up via absolutely miniscule subtext in NPC dialogues and behaviour, with the exception of doctor Lessau at Uveto, who explicitly tells you that it's only thanks to Victor Steele and others, among which you have Lessau himself, that the PC is able to transform so much with minimal risk. It's at least the only thing I can think of as to why there's so much current era conservativeness to a lot of the characters, despite the fact that there's literally vending machines that sell highly transformative substances, and the fact that such genetic manipulation makes it so that biological relatedness means fuck-all since you can literally within a couple minute become so genetically distinct from your own family that you could sire children with them with no risks. Like, this universe is like Cyberpunk but to the max, and also even hornier, somehow, and yet still carrying modern era ethical dilemmas that are innately solved by the very nature of how absolutely power-gamey and meta a lot of the things in-universe are.

Last gripe:
Uveto.
It's been in the game for what feels like half a decade at this point. Why is this planet still unfinished? I'm referring specifically to the Hunter’s Dream. I can understand the key cards, as that could be for some content after the PC acquires Steele Tech, which puts it far into the backlog, but this spot of absolute nothingness has been there (I think) ever since Uveto became available (in the public builds).
Melee techs have been wrongly nerfed & hard countered, gotta agree. Instead of simply making it like most other abilities(example: Stealth Field Generator, Take Cover) with massive bonuses, they for some reason keep it permanent yet reduce the damage output. Not that it is a problem for me, the main issue surrounding melee techs is the ability to drain shields anyways. Even though both Mercenary & Smuggler get similarly broken builds anyways with the weapon on Uveto; what honestly should happen instead here is that drain weapons are kept to the high-end content where the experimental stuff is supposed to happen. Iirc, level 8-14/15 is where we're supposed to be in the mid-game levels of power, aka as strong as military soldiers and/or their commanders.

Nastizia is a pretty big issue, I'll agree to that. Main issue with her quest being there is not only Ramis being prevented from access, but Nonesuch clearly built the quest in mind for people that had been playing the game for a long time without considering new players/playthroughs. The first 'game' of the quest is literally impossible without at least 74% in INT or Physique, and 50% in Aim; while common enough as it is for builds that specialize themselves, players that go in all-rounded without the concept of stat training shown to them are completely screwed. Then there is the Willpower test: Another guaranteed fail if you're running a Bimbo/Bro build. Really, she's just another design issue along with the bunch of other things in Tavros.

I think the only way to fix Tavros, is to have players have a genuine reason to head to Tavros beyond idle fun. Saendra's ship event is the only reminder you get about Tavros' existence besides Love Starz... and then that's it. Assuming you read the email, you're likely to finish the main game without ever having visited Tavros. The game leads you on this big narrative that you are on a race against your rival for your inheritance; and yet you're not given many reasons in-game to stray from this nor stay on that path beyond what was said(I generally play my Steele as a douche to the rival since the moment they are captured in Taivara's capital, they can by technicality willingly turn a blind eye and go to have free time until Dane either escapes and sends the code out of spite for Jack/Jill, or frees the rival who would've done the same in their position, if not worse, and get a free probe claim.). Iirc even, it was stated that Steele Tech was expected to file for bankruptcy in 2 years on Uveto; pregnant Steeles can speedrun that with the Nursery lore-wise.

The ships are definitely a lazy implementation, along with the ship gain system. The ships on Myrellion are very much too expensive to get; and just the 1st ships you can get on Tavros alone can be a really good buy over them. If they didn't want to do ship combat to begin with, which honestly it kinda has sounded like it, just make the ships all about increasing the ability to have a larger harem. Though I'd honestly prefer they develop it more, because initial ship combats can be genuinely interesting, as it actually requires you to pay attention to how the combat is going based on energy levels; plus it adds to the realism.

Unfinished content I hope somebody picks up on. The JimT curse needs to be broken; and as soon as life stops being hell for me I'mma go back to working on my Vanae Queen NPC submission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atryx10

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Nastizia can only be encountered after completing Zheng Shi, and she was balanced around that fact. Ramis has no triggers, she appears during the night every other day at Anon's. This is the first time I've heard anyone say it's a problem that they can appear together.

The larger point about never needing to go back to Tavros is an intriguing one, but surely there a lot of reasons to do so? There's the nursery, skill training via Semith, various quests that ping you, Sera's salary, specific TFs that are only sold there... perhaps the game needs something mechanical, like item drops that only sell via a vendor that is situated there.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
You went that far? I just went with Missile Turret for everything, and only went got hardened systems, shield vampire, and shield disruptor just to deal with Teyall because her loadout is so reliant on those last 2 gadgets. You could honestly just get Missle Turret + 2 hardened systems and call it a day but I thought it was fun to use Teyall's gadgets against her. For basically everything else you can just use Missile Turret and call it a day. But yeah I agree ship combat is pretty dull, there should be some missions with tougher ship fights, Teyall was a fun fight when I went in blind.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I always go to Tarvos first since it has Aina, Sera, strap on for Anno (once I acquired her).. Mirrin apartment, Jasvalla.. there is a lot going on there to be fair. Riya if I play a pure female Steele. Dont you need to go to Tarvos for the email from Big T?

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Azra and Reaha recruits are on Tavros too, as well as Fisi, Stella, Bizzy, and a few other events and characters I in particular don't interact with but I'm sure others do, and the nursery.

Last edited: