What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Stop getting triggered about people making fun of the Founding Fathers, Lin Manuel Miranda.
I'm talking about you constantly bringing RL politics into the forum. It was tired and played-out the first time.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

either RNG hates me here too, or slow stat gain isn't working for some reason.
Slow stat gain is, as the name suggests, slow. The actual gains you get from it decrease the closer you are to the stat's normal cap of 5xLevel (full gains below 30%, down to just 10% gains above 95%; there's no randomness involved), so it's best used for raising stats you're low in. It might just seem like you're not making any progress because your stats displays only display the rounded-off versions of those stats.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
Slow stat gain is, as the name suggests, slow. The actual gains you get from it decrease the closer you are to the stat's normal cap of 5xLevel (full gains below 30%, down to just 10% gains above 95%; there's no randomness involved), so it's best used for raising stats you're low in. It might just seem like you're not making any progress because your stats displays only display the rounded-off versions of those stats.

the issue isn't getting a fraction of a point, the issue is the stat isn't going up-at all- when I know from prior experience (ages ago) that it should go up by a full number at least once to maybe twice.
Due to the RNG hating me the effect STILL hasn't triggered.

Dorkulon

Sep 10, 2015
This is why there's a burgeoning underground for legal services. Walk down a shadowy alley and hear, "Psst. Hey kid. Wanna change your name, for cheap? I know this Gabliani who'll make you a deal."

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
Finding certain encounters is kind of a pain at times, particularly with ones that are rarer.

I don't know if it's possible to implement something like that in this game, but I did like how Fall of Eden and Flexible Survival had a Hunt button that let me specifically search out what random encounter I'd like to run into.

Dorkulon

Sep 10, 2015
Finding certain encounters is kind of a pain at times, particularly with ones that are rarer.

I don't know if it's possible to implement something like that in this game, but I did like how Fall of Eden and Flexible Survival had a Hunt button that let me specifically search out what random encounter I'd like to run into.
In general, the random elements are poorly balanced. As a gratuitous example, in my 2900+ day run I'm still missing a couple of the stories dropped on datachits that you only get via extremely rare drops. There are still a couple of encounters on ZhengShi I'm pretty sure I've missed. (On a related note: this is one of the reasons why people keep on complaining about the public source code not being updated: reading the fine source is the only way to know for sure how some things trigger or whether some events even exist or are just extremely rare [or bugged].)

Reactions: criticAlls

Anzuneth

Apr 23, 2020
I'm certain if I went digging I could come up with dozens of complaints (though I would have to filter them afterwards to know which were genuine gripes and which are me just being salty)

After reading the thread, a few come to mind however.

1. An opinion mentioned earlier, which is more progress for the story and expanding older characters.

2. The seeming abundance of dickgirls. Again, mentioned earlier. Also I would totally be on board with the 'de-cockification' idea.

3. That you apparently have to be Frosty's mate to unlock the frostwyrm TF, as that locks you out if you've a) slain her or b) play a character that has a death grip on their virginity
It wouldn't bug me as much if a proper dragon TF existed, but it doesn't, and there seems to be no sign of one showing up. Which brings me to my next point...

4. No true dragon TF, the body shape is in the game, but there's no way to access it (and on that note, a Slyveren TF as well, really I just want more reptiles in general)

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
A lot of perks in the game permanently increases libido, with no way to lower it, and no real way to remove said perks, which leaves you fucked if you want a certain transformation on a non-libido based build, especially for people who can't access the save editor.

Ooh Woo

Aug 6, 2019
A lot of perks in the game permanently increases libido, with no way to lower it, and no real way to remove said perks, which leaves you fucked if you want a certain transformation on a non-libido based build, especially for people who can't access the save editor.
Chill Pill?

TheShepard256

Chill Pill?
She's referring to perks that increase minimum Libido; specifically, Barcoded (+10), Drug Fucked (+40), Slut Stamp (+10*) and Flower Power (+45*). Chill Pills and other sources of Libido loss can't decrease Steele's Libido to below minimum (Chill Pills also can't decrease it below 3), meaning it's theoretically possible to get a Libido of 95 with no way of lowering it (the four perks combined give +105 minimum Libido, but Slut Stamp is removed upon losing all genitals).
*By default; can be save edited to a different value.

SSam

Jun 15, 2020
Any NPC that can just hand wave beat my steel.

Man that would be great, Trying to find the rat squad was a nightmare. Like 1/60 they showed up and i needed to slowly rase a 'liked' stat with then though a large number of repeat encounters.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Any NPC that can just hand wave beat my steel.

Man that would be great, Trying to find the rat squad was a nightmare. Like 1/60 they showed up and i needed to slowly rase a 'liked' stat with then though a large number of repeat encounters.

If you were giving them money/gems that'd make them not spawn for a few days.

Reactions: SSam

TheShepard256

Awwwwww hell, thats exactly what i was doing.
Giving them money/gems doesn't actually increase your reputation with them; you'll have to successfully offer them milk (6 points) or oral (4 points) instead, get donations from them by having <2000 credits and no gems (5 points), or beat them then 'Be Nice' (i.e. leave without having sex with them or taking any of their money; 11 points).

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
One gripe that won't spiral into a rant is the Gabilani Cyborg victory scene where Steele through no action of the player gets down and spreads her legs.
Following that you get the option to fuck her or tell her to fuck off, an option I am extremely thankful for, but I would just like to not get into a prime sexual position that basically slaps me across the face and tells me that, regardless of my choices, my Steele wants to get down and dirty with her.

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
One gripe that won't spiral into a rant is the Gabilani Cyborg victory scene where Steele through no action of the player gets down and spreads her legs.
Following that you get the option to fuck her or tell her to fuck off, an option I am extremely thankful for, but I would just like to not get into a prime sexual position that basically slaps me across the face and tells me that, regardless of my choices, my Steele wants to get down and dirty with her.
I love how it's basically Steele either being horny or pulling a power move. "You see this? now fuck off!"

Reactions: TiTSFan

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Ok, here's some more gripes.

Not being able to tell people off for something they did and being told that you don't mind.

I am only aware of ~4 instances where you get a chance to give someone a piece of your mind. Those are Kara during the Zaalt event, Tessa in one of her wedding endings, Kane after learning about his scar, and Riya when you've had enough of her racism. Guess the sydian queen should count as well but that one feels real weak.

You can't tell of:
--- Shizuya and Co - who could do with half a dozen of these during their introduction event from how much they force themselves on you before bothering to ask,
--- Mirrin - who posts the picture of her dick plopped on your face to Titter regardless of your opinion, and later she chokes you with her dick until you pass out and she proceeds to fuck your unconscious body,
--- Roxy - who strangles you and drains your unresponsive body,
--- Vulriks - who you can beat in a dick measuring contest, but if your dick is too big or you are a taur, he wins purely because he says so and you have no way of backing out,

There are probably more but these are the only ones I have encountered in my playthroughs.

Yes, I am aware that I mentioned more events where you do get the chance to call people out, but negative emotions are stronger than positive ones. Not to mention that only the Kara one feels even somewhat impactful, while the others are just a glorified off switch in the case of Kane and Riya, and with Tessa it just changes a few lines.

Last edited:

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Her [Idea?] or [Missionary] scene. Where she puts a leash on you and milks you for hours and Steele tries to stop but is prevented and wakes up hours later with a red mark on their neck from the yanking. Includes wording such as
  • Roxy's teasing laughter does nothing to assuage your pain, but you can't get away. {You try to pull out only to be slapped back in.
  • Wherever you still have feeling your body there's only a burning pain of worn out muscles begging for rest that never comes
  • You smile at her, hoping it's over. "What are you giving me that face for?" It's not.}
  • With a whimper you try to pull out of her creampied cunny, only for Roxy to smush you back into herself {and squeeze out another arc of [pc.cumNoun]}. "Where're you going?" she grins. "{Once more, [pc.name], then maybe I'll let you go.
  • Taking Roxy by the shoulders you withdraw, only for her to grab yours and thump her crotch against yours. "AGAIN!" she barks, bumping your forehead to hers with a sharp tug on the leash."Againagainagain!" she giggles joyfully.
  • You only last one more round before entering a world of darkness.}
  • You're stuck in some half-aware state, not sure what your brain is telling you is real. One eye open and the other shut, the gentle little caresses to your temple coax you from what is an insufferable and uncertain state of mind. Swallowing is nearly an impossible task, your innards so dried up after being used as little more than {a dick/dicks} that just happen{s} to have a [pc.raceShort] attached to them.
  • Only one question's on your mind: "Can I relax?"
  • you were little more than a prostate to be milked for the last four hours
That scene completely ruined her for me

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Her [Idea?] or [Missionary] scene. Where she puts a leash on you and milks you for hours and Steele tries to stop but is prevented and wakes up hours later with a red mark on their neck from the yanking. Includes wording such as
  • Roxy's teasing laughter does nothing to assuage your pain, but you can't get away. {You try to pull out only to be slapped back in.
  • Wherever you still have feeling your body there's only a burning pain of worn out muscles begging for rest that never comes
  • You smile at her, hoping it's over. "What are you giving me that face for?" It's not.}
  • With a whimper you try to pull out of her creampied cunny, only for Roxy to smush you back into herself {and squeeze out another arc of [pc.cumNoun]}. "Where're you going?" she grins. "{Once more, [pc.name], then maybe I'll let you go.
  • Taking Roxy by the shoulders you withdraw, only for her to grab yours and thump her crotch against yours. "AGAIN!" she barks, bumping your forehead to hers with a sharp tug on the leash."Againagainagain!" she giggles joyfully.
  • You only last one more round before entering a world of darkness.}
  • You're stuck in some half-aware state, not sure what your brain is telling you is real. One eye open and the other shut, the gentle little caresses to your temple coax you from what is an insufferable and uncertain state of mind. Swallowing is nearly an impossible task, your innards so dried up after being used as little more than {a dick/dicks} that just happen{s} to have a [pc.raceShort] attached to them.
  • Only one question's on your mind: "Can I relax?"
  • you were little more than a prostate to be milked for the last four hours
That scene completely ruined her for me

Well I'm sorry to hear that but the implications were all there, particularly in that the scene has a sanity check; moreover, that scene doesn't unlock without undergoing multiple sexual interactions, through which you should easily deduce more about her character than a great desire to bear children. She's not meant to be so persistent a character that time is devoted to giving the player an exponential amount of options. Assumptions can be and are made for times like these - if players weren't interested in her up to that point, they'd not have seen this, and if they are, they'd be keen on trying it out.

It's only on them if they do so and didn't see the signs. I agree that the wording could have been better in the actual scene but its placement, soft hints and accessibility aren't unacceptable.

After rooting through her stuff she rises, and a long, black lead follows her ascent. When Roxy turns around, she yanks a black collar out from her bag. It pops up, spins around, and is finally clutched in her hand, presenting you a leathery petmaker. The face you make must be to her liking, because she's sneering in a way that only adds to your bewilderment.

"This thing," she unclasps the back and looks at you smarmily, "your neck," closes it again, "this in my hand," she pulls up the leash, "...and you aren't walking away 'til I'm so heavy with {kids/cum} that I can't even stand straight!"

She smiles brightly. "You're tough enough to take the lead, but do you wanna try me for real, [pc.name]?" She tilts her head left and right, starting to hop. "C'monnnn it'll be fiiine. And fun! {That guy/those guys} look like they're ready to {breed/go} for hours," she finishes, gazing at [pc.eachCock] adoringly. "You in?"

Vli5Ho9.png

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I loved Roxy, I wanted to make her a bunny mama. I saw the signs but I thought that at least she wouldn't be so cruel as to prevent Steele from stopping once it was clear that they can't keep up and not resort to using them as a dildo for 4 hours straight to satiate her own selfish desires.
And if you refuse her offer she calls you a coward for not wanting to be abused.
All that scene made me aware of is that it was the right choice to be on sterilex.

But, I have less problem with that than I do with the fact that the scene ends with
You both laugh, kiss, and make use of the showers
All the while I was sweating and trying to keep my breathing in check.
I try to go into content blind so that my opinion isn't painted by others' before I can form my own, but cases like this really make me regret ever choosing that path.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I go in blind because of all the pleasant experiences I've had and don't want the future ones ruined. It may seem like I hate more of this game than I love, but if that were the case I would've left without a word. Almost did a few times once I compiled all the things that irked me. But when I calm down and look at the content that I love I can manage to tell myself that it's worth it and that if for every Syri, Fisi, Reaha or Rats I have to load back from a Mirrin or a Shizuya, I will do it.
I can't stop my experiences from making me interpret thing a certain way, and most of my complants here are just for my own peace of mind. I'll try to make an effort to be positive in the future. It will probably be a good change of pace.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
My focus peaks during stressful situations. It's not something I can turn off. I just can't make myself look away from a glorious disaster when one comes my way. I start looking for reasons why it makes me feel the way it does, hence the detail in which I can explain them. I don't know if it's some sort of subconscious masochistic streak but consciously at least I'd love nothing more than to not hurt at all.
And the more I think about this the more it feels like a talk i need to have with my psychologist face to face. This is probably a great place to stop.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I was struggling with a different smut game that might not give jwins a Panic Attack. I was about to recommend Crimson Keep, but then I remembered that something rather unexpected and shocking happens in the latest chapter.

Uh, Aurelia? No choking, the most shocking thing that happens is a misunderstanding(punch to the head). I'm sympathetic to jwins, but I don't think we need sign posts beyond the one on the title screen.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I'm not going to quit just because a small portion of the game hits me like truck before which I freeze instead of avoiding. I still love the vast majority of the game and an ocassional bruise isn't going to kick me away. As nonsensical as that sounds, it's been true for the 3.5 months that I've been playing.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Jwins encounter with v3 for Mirrins first time sex scene could be something. If I remember correctly when I first encountered it I got v3 and it put me off and I was confused at it, so I went and checked the GitHub and found this:
//(This scene has different content based on the following PC requirements)
//V1: [Any pc] = Hoisted Painal (default result)
//V2: [pc has vagina, H or F, Kind, PC tone >70 and Physique >25, overrides V1] = Tender Struggle
if(pc.hasVagina() && pc.tone > 70 && pc.physique() >= 25) addButton(0,"Next",firstTimeMirrinSexActual,2);
//V3: [pc has dick 18< inches, H, M or T, Hard, PC tone >70 and Physique >25, overrides V1 and V2] = Dom Ride/SNU SNU
if(pc.hasCock() && mirrinSelectADick() >= 0 && pc.tone > 70 && pc.physique() >= 25) addButton(0,"Next",firstTimeMirrinSexActual,3);
If I am looking at this correctly v3 if very easy to get as it should not only overrides both v1 and v2 but if I am remembering right from my little bit of testing a few months ago you only need to hit one of the checks other then the "if(pc.hasCock()" to get it. As I tested with my character at the time and got the scene even if I lowered my tone and only got v2 when I lowered both my tone and Physique to below the check as changing my personality score did nothing as you can see from the code, and now that I'm looking at it is there even a way to get v1 as the code for v1 is light grey the same as the Author commentary and notes and has no code to get to the scene and call for arg 1.

Last edited: