What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by TheInfamousImmortal, Jun 30, 2018.

1. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

Yes, but of course union leadership is corrupt and self serving. None of the larger Mega Corps likely truck with unions, but I can still see them being things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. null_blank

null_blank Well-Known Member

This is the second time you've taken a game discussion and injected some RL shit into it.

OvariesOfSteel, Kesil and Paradox01 like this.
  3. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

Do you even know what dystopian fiction is?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

Good job missing the point entirely.

5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

It annoys me how my PC can't make light work of that weight he lifts in the Anno gym sex scene.

I mean for god’s sake you can carry over 10,000 pounds and have max physique, you should be able to throw them weights through the fucking roof.

criticAlls and Grimoire like this.
  6. HeroicSpirit

HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

I still don’t understand why you can’t change your name.

I mean, it can’t possibly be that hard, and I feel like if I can change my whole bod changing that element should only make sense.

7. valkyr42

valkyr42 Well-Known Member

You can change your name, at Flahne's desk

Paradox01, ShySquare and Savin like this.
  8. GraphiteCrow

GraphiteCrow Active Member

You can change your name in the latest version, Flahne does it.

edit: ninja'd

Paradox01 likes this.
  9. HeroicSpirit

Okay, that’s good then, I guess.

valkyr42 likes this.
  10. Paradox01

Paradox01 Well-Known Member

There's just no pleasing some people.

ShySquare, Athena and Savin like this.
  11. null_blank

12. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

Flahne I know the credit is really inflated right now but come on that's just taking the piss :v

criticAlls likes this.
  13. Zandar

Zandar Well-Known Member

Flahne has 75% sex scenes greyed out for taurs, but she gonna charge 6 million for a name change SMH.

criticAlls and ShySquare like this.
  14. GraphiteCrow

Who knew that Flahne was biased against high-level PC's. At level 1 the Name change is 500 credits XD

ShySquare and Paradox01 like this.
  15. Paradox01

That levelist bitch!

16. GraphiteCrow

She knows you can fork it out if you Really want the name change.

ShySquare likes this.
  17. Theron

Theron Well-Known Member

Days passed, actually.

18. Paradox01

That chronophobic bitch!

19. Evil

Evil Well-Known Member

Untitled.jpg

For 563 days?!?!?!? THAT'S.....pretty reasonable and easily covered by the sheer amount of money my Steele has.

ShySquare, Grimoire and sumgai like this.
  20. GraphiteCrow

Your Profile picture fits your post so bloody well.

Flahne: Well you have had your name for about 20 years so the price to change it will be... 500 credits.

Steel: oh that's cheap, I may change it later.

approximately 1 1/2 years later

Flahne: that will be 140,750

Steel: WHAT but it was only 500 credits last time I checked!

Flahne: that may be but that was when you were 20 years old, now you are 20 years and 563 days old. It's a big difference.

#1790 GraphiteCrow, Aug 6, 2020 at 8:29 PM
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020 at 8:40 PM
    ShySquare likes this.
  21. Evil

Evil Well-Known Member

That's a year and a half.

ShySquare likes this.
  22. GraphiteCrow

thanks, I edited my post.

23. HeroicSpirit

I mean, it just feels meanspirited to make it harder to have your name changed as the game goes on.

I mean, what if I started with a character named “John” and was fine with that for a while, but overtime I realize the name doesn’t really work for the character since while originally they were male now they’re female? What if I wanted to change their name to something more fitting, maybe something like ”June”? Shouldn’t that be something you can do for free?

I mean, you can change your character’s gender preference for free, don’t have to spend money on that; why not the name?

24. Theron

Theron Well-Known Member

25. null_blank

In all honesty, if you're not insanely rich by the time Fhlane is charging you 5.8 million creds for a name change there is nothing I can do for you. Without cheating that particular Steele from the screenshot has given away billions and still has 1.1 billion in her account.

26. Paradox01

That's why I picked a name that could be masculine or feminine when I started the game. "Alex" could also be short for "Alexis".

Alypia likes this.
  27. HeroicSpirit

I’m just saying, from an in-Universe standpoint, is that how much everyone has to pay? I mean, rent can’t be cheap, and taxes need to exist because otherwise the space highway is going to collapse and that can’t be good.

Of course, as your character is free from the responsibilities of paying for rent or taxes, maybe the price increase is because of that? Maybe it’s a workaround to get you to pay some taxes for the first time in your life and that’s why it accumulates over time.

After all, as noted slave-owning pervert and American diplomat Benjamin Franklin once said, “nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”

28. null_blank

It's a money sink. 5.8million is nothing to a Steele that bets hundreds of millions on a single hand of blackjack.

29. Theron

Theron Well-Known Member

Especially if said Steele is implausibly consistently lucky (i.e. is save-scumming).

We're also talking about a Mega-Corp dominated dystopia. You expect the lawyers to play fair?

There may be a price-gouging scheme where the fee is exquisitely calculated to be possible, but very expensive, to pay for each applicant.

30. Paradox01

Really? Couldn't have just said, "As someone famous once said..." and left it at that?

OvariesOfSteel and Grimoire like this.