Wayfort Discussion

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
That sounds like a Garth problem. We need the space. For stuff, you know. A hot tub, oversized siege weapons, the rest of our harem, some guests, maybe the world's largest dildo, a massive collection of sex toys, and a bdsm dungeon. We need every free room available. Garth knew what he was getting into.
That's true. Also, Garth's probably doing solid business for people showing up at the tavern to have sex with our companions. I'd hate to deprive him of that.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
That's true. Also, Garth's probably doing solid business for people showing up at the tavern to have sex with our companions. I'd hate to deprive him of that.
It's probably just a front for him getting all the horny travellers to his Inn and starting the Frost Marches biggest brothel Garth is a smart man.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
For stuff, you know. A hot tub, oversized siege weapons, the rest of our harem, some guests, maybe the world's largest dildo
Pity we're defending the Wayfort rather than taking it from someone else, or we could combine those two and have the world's largest dildo that doubles as a battering ram.

a massive collection of sex toys, and a bdsm dungeon.
Sounds like there are plans for stockades for public sexy punishments planned, at least.

And now I'm imagining the Champion having a trophy room except that instead of being full of weapons with plaques describing their origin and famous deeds, they're all sex toys and things done with them. And then giving a tour to visiting dignitaries.

"And here is the Double Dildo of Baskerville with which I rode the fierce Hellhound to three screaming orgasms. And over here is the Milker of Moria that satisfied the six-breasted fertility goddess of Erebor..."

HeyJune

Feb 22, 2021
If Kiyoko/kitsune get to interact any way with the plot, I am going to be impressed. But yeah, I can see our champion being catalyst for them opening up. We are going to go all 19th century America on there isolationist weebish asses.

The Bakumatsu era equivalent already happened immediately before the Godswar. Keros oversaw their equivalent of the Meiji Restoration - that, the empire's need for tin and the Godswar is the only reason why the Kitsune are in the Frost Marches to begin with.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The Bakumatsu era equivalent already happened immediately before the Godswar. Keros oversaw their equivalent of the Meiji Restoration - that, the empire's need for tin and the Godswar is the only reason why the Kitsune are in the Frost Marches to begin with.

They're here for our gotdayum precious iron and our curvy womenfolks. Trying to turn the frontier into their frontier. Well not on my watch! I'm gonna fluff every last one of them until they die of embarrassment. And in my might fort of the way, I'll prepare the ultimate weapon: a big ass pot and a big ass pan to bang together and scare them fluffy devils off!

Wonder if Komari and Keros would let us grow our own magical tree. That'd make the wayfort more special and we could make the repairs around the tree.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Wonder if Komari and Keros would let us grow our own magical tree. That'd make the wayfort more special and we could make the repairs around the tree.

This would be sooooo dooooope. I love this so fucking much. So so so so so much.

But probably unfortunately not happening, since that would make your house in the forest a bit pointless, and it would involve a shitload of writing to make up for it. Events, shrine, if you get the wayfort before you free the kitsune you'd need a whole new welcoming scene and new events for the wayfort to be the new floof home.

Too much work. If it could ever happen, it'd be in the backburner for a long, long time.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
That tree also took centuries to grow.

I didn't say it had to be a full grown tree. I can make do with a tiny tree. I'm not picky. Space is irrelevant in the eyes of nature.

But probably unfortunately not happening, since that would make your house in the forest a bit pointless, and it would involve a shitload of writing to make up for it. Events, shrine, if you get the wayfort before you free the kitsune you'd need a whole new welcoming scene and new events for the wayfort to be the new floof home.

Too much work. If it could ever happen, it'd be in the backburner for a long, long time.

Yeah, I forgot the time it took for the tree to grow. And even then, you're right in that it'd be a nightmare to implement. But it would piss Nakano off. And that's the most important thing. Right behind having a shower.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
I didn't say it had to be a full grown tree. I can make do with a tiny tree. I'm not picky. Space is irrelevant in the eyes of nature.

Yeah, I forgot the time it took for the tree to grow. And even then, you're right in that it'd be a nightmare to implement. But it would piss Nakano off. And that's the most important thing. Right behind having a shower.
Y'all talk about trees but don't mention the local dryads (they prolly got some knowledge on nature based magic) , my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined . I wonder if we could get a garden in wayfort ( free reagents ) ?

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Maybe an altar/shrine/what ever where we can show our respect to a god that we are champion of. It can be interactive. But just being there would allow us to express our devotion to our deity if we as so chose.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I only hope that the champion when confronted with enemies in front of his wayfort will start to curse them with offenses like "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
I mean, Silly Mode is a thing so if these is some sort of 'taunt the invaders at the gates' event then maybe...

also running water I keep forgetting how we don't have that since I can't imagine living without it.
I wonder if Belhar had it, or if some of the cities like Tychris and Khor'minos do. I mean, the Assyrians and Egyptians managed to work out early plumbing so it's not improbable, and Khor'minos is supposed to take cultural cues at least from the Romans who had the best plumbing in pre-modern times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karamaru

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
I mean, Silly Mode is a thing so if these is some sort of 'taunt the invaders at the gates' event then maybe...

I wonder if Belhar had it, or if some of the cities like Tychris and Khor'minos do. I mean, the Assyrians and Egyptians managed to work out early plumbing so it's not improbable, and Khor'minos is supposed to take cultural cues at least from the Romans who had the best plumbing in pre-modern times.

From what I read in conversations with Komari and the Champion, the ancient Belharan humans had aqueducts for water and magical fountains on streets corners, and the upper crust had personal magic fountains in their homes so I am guessing they are still around in some capacity in the heartlands and other former Belharen nations but since we are in the frontier, such things don't exist there sadly.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
From what I read in conversations with Komari and the Champion, the ancient Belharan humans had aqueducts for water and magical fountains on streets corners, and the upper crust had personal magic fountains in their homes so I am guessing they are still around in some capacity in the heartlands and other former Belharen nations but since we are in the frontier, such things don't exist there sadly.

But the nursery gets indoor plumbing as an upgrade, and Gwyn talks about it before you get it. Yeah someone brings it over and everyone thinks it's weird, but it does exist. Just needs the River seal of approval. So at least there's a precedent that could allow the wayfort to offer the glory of taking a bath. People will be lining up for miles to use the legendary bathhouse of the champion.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
But the nursery gets indoor plumbing as an upgrade, and Gwyn talks about it before you get it. Yeah someone brings it over and everyone thinks it's weird, but it does exist. Just needs the River seal of approval. So at least there's a precedent that could allow the wayfort to offer the glory of taking a bath. People will be lining up for miles to use the legendary bathhouse of the champion.

Think of all the sexy times in the bathhouse we could have.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
From a letter discovered in Kasyrra's study shortly after her defeat in the Third Year of the Champion:

Dearest Kas, so sorry I haven't gotten around to thwarting the final stages of your Evil Plans yet but I've been so busy enjoying my honeymoon with Brint that I've quite lost track of time. You remember Brint, right? Well, between him and all the other hot mino men and lovely ladies here I've just been enjoying myself far too much, and they have running water down here too! I'll get around to dealing with you in, oh, maybe another year? You aren't in any kind of hurry, right? Brint says he still has some more friends he wants to introduce me to. Hugs, kisses and long affectionate sucks.

Signed, the Champion of Hawkethorne

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I think a more likely one would be:

"Screw the surface, we've got a shower and indoor plumbing.
Not so sincerely.
The Champion"

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I wonder, would it be possible to move some NPCs to the Wayfort once it has been restored a bit?
I was thinking of the Cat Harem and maybe other non-campanion followers.

Though I guess moving characters could be too much work for too little pay-off.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I know it's been mentioned that Catte Trio can optionally be employed at the temple of Mallach that Cait will set up in the ruins from the start of the game so it sounds like there are plans to have NPCs available other locations over time. Whether that actually permanently moves them from the Frost Hound or just gives you a second place to encounter them (a la Ryn and the Winter City throne room or Quin's upcoming expansion) is an open question. We've seen both things happen (the Behemoth comes to mind as a permanent move to the Wayfort) so it could go either way.

But it's likely that at least a couple more NPCs could eventually start hanging out at the Wayfort either in parallel with or as a replacement for their current encounter locations. I mentioned Evelyn earlier (assuming we can fix it up enough to meet her standards) as someone I'd like to see there, unless the option to give her a place of her own is planned too.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I'm sorry could you please elaborate? This is the first time I heard of this ~_~

Bubblelord said it in another thread, I can't remember which, but he's planning on adding a schedule to Quin's content. So he'll do stuff around Hawkethorne while not in the party like go to the gym, etc.

Reactions: Ireyon

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Let's see here:

- You're the lordly lord/lady of a castle.

- This is a smut game.

- There's this thing called Droit du seigneur and many other horrible/marvelous feudal institutions to gather inspiration from.

The possibilities are endless.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Bubblelord said it in another thread, I can't remember which, but he's planning on adding a schedule to Quin's content. So he'll do stuff around Hawkethorne while not in the party like go to the gym, etc.
Not necessarily a schedule, but yes: there is a Quin expansion. Technically 2. The one I call a proper expansion is still a bit off so I decided to intercut a little bit and do a smaller-sized/quicker to create one to pad him out a bit. Technically creating a schedule where he full roams IS possible, but it'd make it possible to not find him; as a result, the "schedule" is more "you can find him elsewhere if you're roaming around at certain times". He will at all times currently still be findable within the Hawkethorne, however. Simply a matter of ensuring ease-of-access that all companions have.

Reactions: Tenalc13

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Let's see here:

- You're the lordly lord/lady of a castle.

- This is a smut game.

- There's this thing called Droit du seigneur and many other horrible/marvelous feudal institutions to gather inspiration from.

The possibilities are endless.

Fun fact: most (in)famous feudal institutions are usually either anti-noble propaganda or fabrications of the renaissance.

But more to the point, the right of the first night does not make any sense in a game like CoC2, because virginity seems rather.. lacking.
Especially if such a right would be there, no one in their right mind would wait till after the wedding for sex.

Also, you were made Baron by the elven regent who did this to get into your pants. So don't overestimate your importance. =P

Reactions: Tenalc13 and Kesil

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Also, you were made Baron by the elven regent who did this to get into your pants. So don't overestimate your importance. =P
No no, you must be mistaken. Rim would never do that. She is a proper ruler. She would never try do something as silly as to offer "her champion" position of power just so that they would pay more attention to her.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Fun fact: most (in)famous feudal institutions are usually either anti-noble propaganda or fabrications of the renaissance.

But more to the point, the right of the first night does not make any sense in a game like CoC2, because virginity seems rather.. lacking.
Especially if such a right would be there, no one in their right mind would wait till after the wedding for sex.

Oh, I know, but some feudal debauchery fits the game like a glove. Just a teeny bit of enforced serfdom, perhaps?

"I'll have you know that I have the (long) ear of the high priestess as well as the regent, sirrah, and that I have laboriously lubricated the way for the mending of the elven schism with their lady ambassador. Moreover, the orc chieftess in the East kowtows to the Wayfort, and the mighty hornets are at my beck and call... not to speak of my entreaties with the elusive fox fiends."

But yeah, I don't think that it's within the story scope that your character goes full Farquaad and that they use their increasingly alarming political power to do something other than save the world.