Wayfort Discussion

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
"I'll have you know that I have the (long) ear of the high priestess as well as the regent, sirrah, and that I have laboriously lubricated the way for the mending of the elven schism with their lady ambassador. Moreover, the orc chieftess in the East kowtows to the Wayfort, and the mighty hornets are at my beck and call... not to speak of my entreaties with the elusive fox fiends."

You do not have ear of the high priestess, for that is the one orifice you do not have. =P
Also, the Orc chieftess kowtows away from the wayfort half the time, according to your demands.

Ok, enough silly jokes. =P

Seriously though, I actually doubt half of that, story wise.
The High Priestess, maybe, though the regent is a friend of yours, so that is even more important.
The mending.. only empowers the first point, but ok, point to you.

The Orcs will probably only aid you when you will win, or they will use it as a chance to either plunder or break free (and then plunder). Not really a loyal vassal there.
The Hornets are hard to read for me. You are honored, but they will probably aid you as long your goals are kinda just and not against them?

The Kitsunes however, they will not aid you unless you are a Kitsune yourself. And even then it is not certain. On top of it, I think they and the Elves will eventually clash - and my champion would definetly work for his liege and not for the Kitsunes.

(I know you meant it as a joke, but it made me think about the power of the groups. ^^)

Reactions: Shmebulock

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Seriously though, I actually doubt half of that, story wise.
The High Priestess, maybe, though the regent is a friend of yours, so that is even more important.
The mending.. only empowers the first point, but ok, point to you.

The Orcs will probably only aid you when you will win, or they will use it as a chance to either plunder or break free (and then plunder). Not really a loyal vassal there.
The Hornets are hard to read for me. You are honored, but they will probably aid you as long your goals are kinda just and not against them?

The Kitsunes however, they will not aid you unless you are a Kitsune yourself. And even then it is not certain. On top of it, I think they and the Elves will eventually clash - and my champion would definetly work for his liege and not for the Kitsunes.

(I know you meant it as a joke, but it made me think about the power of the groups. ^^)

The Orcs will probably side with you as long as you promise them a good fight (and plunder) since they know they can't keep living off of plundering others, something that Arona, and the other Orcs tell you.

As for the Kitsune, hopefully Kinu and Kiyoko can convince them to aid you or at least enter a careful if uneasy non-aggression treaty, since Kiyoko hopes they can reveal themselves to the people of the marches someday.
And I remember reading somewhere that one ending involves the Elves starting a war with them hopefully we can avoid that.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The orcs may not be reliable long-term allies but in the short term I think 'the fight of your lives and the chance to have songs sung of your deeds' makes for a pretty good motivation for them to fall in line. It's what made Argosh bring them there in the first place, only he tried making it all about him. And it works whether you have Domrona or Subrona, the only question is whether the Champ is calling the shots or if Arona thinks it's cute that her cocksleeve thinks they're calling the shots and is just going along with it for the time being. xD
And I remember reading somewhere that one ending involves the Elves starting a war with them hopefully we can avoid that.
Savin mentioned it as a possible endgame quest or ending state, but the way he put it suggests that it's not the default or only outcome and something the player would have to pursue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karamaru

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Savin mentioned it as a possible endgame quest or ending state, but the way he put it suggests that it's not the default or only outcome and something the player would have to pursue.

I saw you quote that before and coupled with Hethias statement about the Wyld was what made me think that a clash will come.
But I wonder how interacting with Kiyoko factors into it.
Maybe such an end-state (or quest) would be easier to be reached if you have refused the amulet and did interact with the Kitsune as little as possible,
while it is least likely if you are a Kitsune yourself, that has done many Kitsune quests and is married to Kiyoko..

Still, they are a threat to the Elves, since they are very close to the capital. So frictions are kinda unavoidable.
A truce, because of the sorry state of both may be possible, otherwise the Kitsunes would have to become autonomous subjects, since they are in the middle of the Elven Realm, at least if you accept the Barony.

Well, I am curious how the team will handle this, when the time comes.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021

By asserting dominance by building a giant statue of us T-posing.

I think kitsune/elf war won't happen unless the druids get power. They are the only ones who'd have a personal grudge against the kitsune. If the the elves cared and/or were able to govern the frost realm, it wouldn't be in such bad shape with the rift people getting their idiotic war stiffies and demons/cultists running rampant. They're no shape to fight a war against the kitsune, and the kitsune are in no shape either. That would some mutually assured destruction. My guess is if they did battle it out, it would be in an ending and would be the result of stupid/blatantly evil choices. Plus I doubt Komari, Kiyoko, and Keros would let the other kitsune risk destruction of their home, people, and PR image.

The Orcs will probably side with you as long as you promise them a good fight (and plunder) since they know they can't keep living off of plundering others, something that Arona, and the other Orcs tell you.

They'll help fight the demons, sure. But afterwards? They're probably gonna get bored and resume raiding. And between them, the harpies, demons, and the mercs who keep making things worse, the area will be screwed. We'd have to build all sorts of guard posts, and towers, and checkpoints, and stuff. Or just a really big trebuchet. Siege weapons are fun. When in doubt, just throw a big rock at whatever you hate that day.

I think they're just gonna keep on doing whatever it is they do. Non corrupt hornets aren't hurting anyone and I doubt they'd have much reason to leave the forest. I doubt the queen will lead a force against Kasyrra though. That didn't work out so well in their own hive.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
If anything, the Champion is very good at the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" kind of diplomacy. However, in this context the phrase gets a new, meaty meaning.

Neville Chamberlain should've taken notes from this kind of policy of appeasement and gave every actor concerned a good hard dicking. Seems to work so far.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
I saw you quote that before and coupled with Hethias statement about the Wyld was what made me think that a clash will come.
But I wonder how interacting with Kiyoko factors into it.
Maybe such an end-state (or quest) would be easier to be reached if you have refused the amulet and did interact with the Kitsune as little as possible,
while it is least likely if you are a Kitsune yourself, that has done many Kitsune quests and is married to Kiyoko..

Still, they are a threat to the Elves, since they are very close to the capital. So frictions are kinda unavoidable.
A truce, because of the sorry state of both may be possible, otherwise the Kitsunes would have to become autonomous subjects, since they are in the middle of the Elven Realm, at least if you accept the Barony.

Not only that, but Evergreen mentions Hawkthorne is growing rapidly and will border on the frost woods in a decade or so and friction is kind of inevitable for the Kitsune with either side and I'd hate to tell my fox wife and kids that were at war and not just for dinner deserts.

I think kitsune/elf war won't happen unless the druids get power. They are the only ones who'd have a personal grudge against the kitsune. If the the elves cared and/or were able to govern the frost realm, it wouldn't be in such bad shape with the rift people getting their idiotic war stiffies and demons/cultists running rampant. They're no shape to fight a war against the kitsune, and the kitsune are in no shape either. That would some mutually assured destruction. My guess is if they did battle it out, it
would be in an ending and would be the result of stupid/blatantly evil choices. Plus I doubt Komari, Kiyoko, and Keros would let the other kitsune risk destruction of their home, people, and PR image.

It's what makes the possible scenarios so interesting since Miko and Mai say the forest rejects their very presence and are busy trying to appease the spirits, but Komari and Kiyoko are level-headed enough to not start wars and hopefully diplomacy prevails but yea that seems to be the extreme option.

They'll help fight the demons, sure. But afterwards? They're probably gonna get bored and resume raiding. And between them, the harpies, demons, and the mercs who keep making things worse, the area will be screwed. We'd have to build all sorts of guard posts, and towers, and checkpoints, and stuff. Or just a really big trebuchet. Siege weapons are fun. When in doubt, just throw a big rock at whatever you hate that day.

Or just screw them all into line they seem to be into that.

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
OK, so question, what is counted as part of our land/ domain even? Like, where is a start and end of it. Because, the only people that live next to us hornets, tanukis and kitsune. And it is not like they will answer to us. So who are we even going to have govern? From who are we going to collect our taxes?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
OK, so question, what is counted as part of our land/ domain even? Like, where is a start and end of it. Because, the only people that live next to us hornets, tanukis and kitsune. And it is not like they will answer to us. So who are we even going to have govern? From who are we going to collect our taxes?
From the claiming the Wayfort scene,
Elthara produces a rolled-up scroll from between her breasts and hands it to you. "By the throne's decree, you are now granted lands along the River Ridell, including this old fortress, along with all associated rights."

"Including taxation. And high justice," the black-armored woman, Daliza, adds. "And I'm here to enforce those rights, at your order."

We know the river runs along the forest leading into Hawkethorne, though the game never draws us a map showing how far our territory extends. And even if the boreal elves said we could have Hawkethorne I somehow doubt the Baroness would agree to that.

We don't have subjects yet, but down the line (ie: probably after the game is finished) Ryn and Daliza will likely be looking for us to start a satellite colony in our lands so they can start expanding their realm before too many foxes move in and it becomes a fox neighbourhood.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
I think kitsune/elf war won't happen unless the druids get power. They are the only ones who'd have a personal grudge against the kitsune. If the the elves cared and/or were able to govern the frost realm, it wouldn't be in such bad shape with the rift people getting their idiotic war stiffies and demons/cultists running rampant. They're no shape to fight a war against the kitsune, and the kitsune are in no shape either. That would some mutually assured destruction. My guess is if they did battle it out, it would be in an ending and would be the result of stupid/blatantly evil choices. Plus I doubt Komari, Kiyoko, and Keros would let the other kitsune risk destruction of their home, people, and PR image.

Oh, I wouldn't know about that. The kitsune are a race of foreign soul vampires, worshippers of a trickster god, whose foul magicks sapped the strength of the old forest spirits and they keep ties with their faraway homeland from their stronghold in de jure elven land. Crush them now, lest they become a menace in the future!

That is, at least, what some would say in the elven court, and to be frank they are not entirely wrong. If it was war, then the kitsune would count with a mighty colonial garrison of 7 people, a motley crew of very powerful people (that the Champion managed to beat, by the way), a slight technological advancements in some regards and... that's it. The mainland won't send aid, since that colony has no comercial or strategical value (they even want Nakano to fail horribly) so... it won't be war against the elves. They can't win.

However, if they become subjects under the elves or some other, less distant patron and accept concessions, they could survive. Heck, they could even benefit from it, rather than sucking up to an overlord that doesn't give a damn about some forgotten military expedition. It would be in character too, to use their guile and diplomacy rather than piss poor steel and weeb sorcery.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Oh, I wouldn't know about that. The kitsune are a race of foreign soul vampires, worshippers of a trickster god, whose foul magicks sapped the strength of the old forest spirits and they keep ties with their faraway homeland from their stronghold in de jure elven land. Crush them now, lest they become a menace in the future!

As far as I'm aware didn't the kitsune matron say that she tried to draw the forest spirits to her side for centuries now? The only reason she's not 100% successful with that is because they have no idea how since the frost wood spirits work differently from the kitsune spirits. The whole decline thing seems to be more of a side effect of the elven religion dying out, which is the fault of Lumia and her worshippers more than of the kitsune.

However, if they become subjects under the elves or some other, less distant patron and accept concessions, they could survive.

I mean if the Champ makes his soul deal with Keros all that goes out the window. It's already established that whoever has Keros' blessing is basically untouchable in floof society since the last time Keros cleaned house. (Having your god cut down your nobility and lecture your emperor into submission will do that I guess?)

I do wonder what the rest of them actually think about their deity choosing an outsider as his champion though. That should be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK Drack

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
As far as I'm aware didn't the kitsune matron say that she tried to draw the forest spirits to her side for centuries now? The only reason she's not 100% successful with that is because they have no idea how since the frost wood spirits work differently from the kitsune spirits. The whole decline thing seems to be more of a side effect of the eleven religion dying out, which is the fault of Lumia and her worshippers more than of the kitsune.

As far as I understand Hethia, the Wyld themselves said it is the Kitsunes. I never got the impression that (pseudo-)divine beings used faith as a fuel in this setting.

Regardless of that, they is still the issue of a foreign colony being in the elven heartland and a semi-foreign religion (Keros vs Lumia).
Should the religion aspect be less of an issue, I would love to introduce the Druids to Velun instead of Lumia, since that could be easier to stomach.
The foreign power is a bit of a issue though.

However, if they become subjects under the elves or some other, less distant patron and accept concessions, they could survive. Heck, they could even benefit from it, rather than sucking up to an overlord that doesn't give a damn about some forgotten military expedition. It would be in character too, to use their guile and diplomacy rather than piss poor steel and weeb sorcery.

About the colony bending the knee, I do actually doubt that.
They are a colony full of rejected and looked down Kitsunes - and that is the problem.
They have little left apart from their pride as Keros people and members of an advanced, powerful nation. They only have their traditions and culture.
Their xenophobia comes from a place of weakness and not strength and this will drive them to defend what little they have with everything they can muster.
Even if a feigned submission may be a more pragmatic approach.

I may not like them overly, but in a way I do feel sorry for them.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
As far as I understand Hethia, the Wyld themselves said it is the Kitsunes. I never got the impression that (pseudo-)divine beings used faith as a fuel in this setting.

I mean they're physical beings and centuries old trees do need someone to tend them on occasion. Not to mention the whole logging camp incident. Maybe the kitsune setting up their own tree kind of disrupts the old spirits? If the energy or magic or whatever of the land is a zero sum game then introducing new spirits would probably weaken the old ones regardless of intent.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
From the claiming the Wayfort scene,
Elthara produces a rolled-up scroll from between her breasts and hands it to you. "By the throne's decree, you are now granted lands along the River Ridell, including this old fortress, along with all associated rights."

"Including taxation. And high justice," the black-armored woman, Daliza, adds. "And I'm here to enforce those rights, at your order."

We know the river runs along the forest leading into Hawkethorne, though the game never draws us a map showing how far our territory extends. And even if the boreal elves said we could have Hawkethorne I somehow doubt the Baroness would agree to that.

We don't have subjects yet, but down the line (ie: probably after the game is finished) Ryn and Daliza will likely be looking for us to start a satellite colony in our lands so they can start expanding their realm before too many foxes move in and it becomes a fox neighbourhood.
I mean, yeah, that is what is in game. But what does that realistically entail from gameplay/non ending related content ? How are we going to judge anyone? Tax anyone, get mula? Are elves just going to dump their perpetrators on us?
I am really curious how all of this is going to play out.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I mean they're physical beings and centuries old trees do need someone to tend them on occasion. Not to mention the whole logging camp incident. Maybe the kitsune setting up their own tree kind of disrupts the old spirits? If the energy or magic or whatever of the land is a zero sum game then introducing new spirits would probably weaken the old ones regardless of intent.
Not sure about the zero sum system, since that would mean stagnancy. Then again, I have nothing concrete so all of this is just me thinking way too much about this games setting.

I mean, yeah, that is what is in game. But what does that realistically entail from gameplay/non ending related content ? How are we going to judge anyone? Tax anyone, get mula? Are elves just going to dump their perpetrators on us?
We are going to judge them according to elvish law, I assume. And we will judge people who do stuff within our domain. So yeah, I am also curious how that translates to gameplay. :D
Maybe the cases are going to be little side stories? Another outlet for interested authors? It does allow for abit more freedom for the characters, since they are side characters in a side story and do not need to make sense within the changing situation of the main story.

I think it all depends on the status of the Fort. Is it just a side story or will it have ramnification for the main story? Only time will tell, but I am still looking forward to more. =)

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
As far as I'm aware didn't the kitsune matron say that she tried to draw the forest spirits to her side for centuries now? The only reason she's not 100% successful with that is because they have no idea how since the frost wood spirits work differently from the kitsune spirits. The whole decline thing seems to be more of a side effect of the elven religion dying out, which is the fault of Lumia and her worshippers more than of the kitsune.
I think Hethia says it during the assault on the castle, but it implies that the Kitsune Tree weakened the spirits since it absorbed too much power to grow to that size, I understood that spiritual power or something like that.
It is not clear to me if the damage to the Wyld was intentional or not, I repeated the mission with Kiyoko in the group and she did not say anything to that comment.

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Now that I think about it, possibly the old spirits only decided to give way to the new ones and left everything ready, that's why they didn't ask for help
Doireann nods. "Orlaith and I were born almost as a pair, right after a horrific war. Both of us prodigiously skilled at breeding. Nature needs time to heal after something like that, and the less the better. Orlaith worked very hard to do her part, and so did I. And now..."
"And now there's a girl who can breed in a day,"
you finish.
"Yes," she says. "Ask yourself what niche that might be addressing. Or will address in the future."

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Whether intentional or not, the kitsune tree seems to be what's killing the forest spirits the druids worship. But unless the druids take power like I mentioned, or the tree gets out of control and starts killing the forest as a whole, there's no reason for the kitsune and elves to fight. I think, and hope, that the dryads are safe since they're further from the frostwood.

About the colony bending the knee, I do actually doubt that.
They are a colony full of rejected and looked down Kitsunes - and that is the problem.
They have little left apart from their pride as Keros people and members of an advanced, powerful nation. They only have their traditions and culture.
Their xenophobia comes from a place of weakness and not strength and this will drive them to defend what little they have with everything they can muster.
Even if a feigned submission may be a more pragmatic approach.

I think a partnership or alliance would work, but you're probably right. Even if Keros said he didn't care and Komari agreed, submitting to the elves would likely be divisive and I can see Nakano starting a war in defiance regardless of his resources. Yes their technology is ahead and they seem to have old steel weapons lying around (though it seems they use those as symbols and center pieces instead of weapons), and if Kinu is any indicator they can focus and make their leech power into a death field. But they are severely outnumbered. All they'd do is make the elves have to work for it. Hopefully interacting with the player and Kiyoko's relationship with us will crack away at the xenophobia.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
submitting to the elves would likely be divisive and I can see Nakano starting a war in defiance regardless of his resources
Well the Champion could always just beat up Nakano again I guess, it'll be even easier when they are endgame levels.
But even ignoring that he's not going to go against the commands of those who are both his divine and social betters in the form of Keros/Kinu. It would be throwing away his 'honor' with how he's lived his entire life of servitude knowing his place and trying to impress those who couldn't give a shit about his low-status sub-kitsune colonial ass through diligence and loyalty.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Just a reminder, you can not assume Kinu to be even there.
Not everyone found Kyoko and not everyone did her content. My latest saves, for example, do not.

So every scenario that demands Kyoko or Kinus involvement means that not everyone goes that route.

And the involvement of Keros is not sure either, considering that the Elfs are followers of their own living god.
He may give them advise or even order them to surrender/leave, but I doubt he would risk going against Lumia.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Honestly, while everyone here is arguing about Elves and Kitsune, I would like to support Hawkethorne in its expansion outward. Especially considering it is the place where we all got our footing in, is place where a lot of our children wnd up being. Is filled with a log of great people as Garth/Gwyn/Sanders and river. I know that they do not really need our help and are ubder Baroness jurisdiction. But at same time, it does hold special place in my heart

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Honestly I assume we won't be doing very much Baroning. The game as is does not seem set up to integrate a resource management barony simulator. I imagine Daliza will do a lot of boring off-screen logistical work and we'll check in from time to time to fight stuff or participate in orgies.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Honestly I assume we won't be doing very much Baroning. The game as is does not seem set up to integrate a resource management barony simulator. I imagine Daliza will do a lot of boring off-screen logistical work and we'll check in from time to time to fight stuff or participate in orgies.
I do not mean town management or something like that. What I mean is something like basic faction system in which we chose who we are going to support. That is what I am assuming this whole baron thing is going to be about. Not just us rebuilding Wayfort as our own little slice of safe haven. But also gaining power and influence. Anf choosing how we are going to use it. Now I could be wrong. We have so little to go off. But at same time, there has to be a reason for why we got all this potential power. Pushing our weight around seems like a logical step.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I do not mean town management or something like that. What I mean is something like basic faction system in which we chose who we are going to support. That is what I am assuming this whole baron thing is going to be about. Not just us rebuilding Wayfort as our own little slice of safe haven. But also gaining power and influence. Anf choosing how we are going to use it. Now I could be wrong. We have so little to go off. But at same time, there has to be a reason for why we got all this potential power. Pushing our weight around seems like a logical step.
Maybe. I figure it will be limited to gathering resources to build our fort, maybe some customisation, and then wandering around our fort reading text like 'isn't it nice you built this fort everyone seems so happy and safe'. So anything deeper than that will be a pleasant surprise.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Whether intentional or not, the kitsune tree seems to be what's killing the forest spirits the druids worship. But unless the druids take power like I mentioned, or the tree gets out of control and starts killing the forest as a whole, there's no reason for the kitsune and elves to fight. I think, and hope, that the dryads are safe since they're further from the frostwood.

Which is interesting since the Dryads tell us they still sense a Darkness in the north and won't go near it so that could be the tree they are referring to.

I think a partnership or alliance would work, but you're probably right. Even if Keros said he didn't care and Komari agreed, submitting to the elves would likely be divisive and I can see Nakano starting a war in defiance regardless of his resources. Yes their technology is ahead and they seem to have old steel weapons lying around (though it seems they use those as symbols and center pieces instead of weapons), and if Kinu is any indicator they can focus and make their leech power into a death field. But they are severely outnumbered. All they'd do is make the elves have to work for it. Hopefully interacting with the player and Kiyoko's relationship with us will crack away at the xenophobia.

To be fair, Kinu is an exception among the Kitsune and she has protagonist's blood in her veins so she is OP by default and if the Kitsune npcs are any sign, they are pretty weak against an established power like the Winter City granted Evergreen might also want to needle them as well they are surrounded by enemies by all sides and their weapons are nothing special if Nakano is the best they can offer then I fear for their ability to hold their own in a siege.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Maybe. I figure it will be limited to gathering resources to build our fort, maybe some customisation, and then wandering around our fort reading text like 'isn't it nice you built this fort everyone seems so happy and safe'. So anything deeper than that will be a pleasant surprise.
I also assumed that. But the way developers are describing it and claiming that it is going to be something special fills me with conflicting thoughts/feelings. Like, I would like to be proven wrong, but this all seems like such a big leap in status. And considering that they have to juggle all this with promise that corrupt path will nor feel left out seems likento much on their plate. I am a bit relieved that they are claiming that they have this some what planned out. So I am just going to speak here about my thoughts on this whole thing and see where thus goes.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Which is interesting since the Dryads tell us they still sense a Darkness in the north and won't go near it so that could be the tree they are referring to.

To be fair, Kinu is an exception among the Kitsune and she has protagonist's blood in her veins so she is OP by default and if the Kitsune npcs are any sign, they are pretty weak against an established power like the Winter City granted Evergreen might also want to needle them as well they are surrounded by enemies by all sides and their weapons are nothing special if Nakano is the best they can offer then I fear for their ability to hold their own in a siege.

Yeah I don't know if Kinu's death field/area drain power is something only she's capable of, or if all kitsune could do it and Kinu is just the one who figured out how. And they wouldn't survive an actual siege. as awesome as their tree is, it's still a tree. Trees are flammable af. They're outnumbered, their iron tools and weapons are better but don't mean much against an overwhelming force, and there's no way Evergreen would pass up a chance to screw them over in some way. In an actual war or siege scenario, the kitsune could really only make their enemy work for it and not go down quickly.

I never thought about the tree being what the dryads were talking about. I always thought they were talking about how the corruption lingers around the wayfort area and makes it a dead zone to them. But now that you mention it, they could be sensing the kitsune's tree.

Still, I thankfully doubt there will be any battles without us having to make an incredibly stupid or incredibly evil choice. Though I would like potential diplomacy events for the wayfort. It's the closest thing to a neutral ground in the marches.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I mean, I personally would hate if Kinu had such a large impact on the story. She is locked behind the character that is not everyones cup of tea. So it would force people to bone Kiyoko just for them to access some path that has larger implication for the story. This does not mean that I do not want to have any impact on it. Just not large one. Especially since it would feel like the champion is being put in back seat if we go by recent developments.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Quoth Savin from the comments thread in the last public patch (emphasis added):
The Wayfort will have a bunch of content with various Boreal Elves, of course, but even if you don’t ally with them there’ll be a lot of corruption-focused content there (Alrauna, Farrah, and Behemoth are already there, and public use stockades and some more demons and demon-adjacent potential residents are in the works). There’ll also be content just dedicated to rulership — passing judgement, upgrading the place, defending your lands.
Upgrading seems pretty self-explanatory even if we don't have details but how the judgement and defense bits will function, the devs only know. But it sounds like it will definitely be deeper than just sprucing the place up and having lots of kinky sex.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
But it sounds like it will definitely be deeper than just sprucing the place up and having lots of kinky sex.

Yeah but the kinky sex is the most important part. Gotta admit, the wayfort is hyping me up most of all right now. It has so much potential. Maybe we'll be able to form a color coded team of elemental hounds to defend our people.

Edit: Or at least let us send an actual frost-hound to the frost hound.

Last edited: