the rival

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
In as far as Steele is a set character (s/he doesn't do some things; outright murder and all that), I think reacting with aversion to a naked picture of your cousin is pretty vanilla. I actually have no stake whatsoever in the romance between them, but I'd like an ending for the rival that isn't "and you shove her out the airlock into the void of space, satisfying the murderboner you've had since day 1". If it has to be sex, whatever.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well, the one email with the zil pic says "ew, that's your Cousin...NAKED. God damn." but that's the author's viewpoint on incest being projected, which by evidence is contrary to popular opinion, or just bad writing assuming players are against it.

The ellipses right before that quote feel like enough to justify Steele is actually backpedaling on whatever feelings they have and hiding their attraction under faux disgust.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
In as far as Steele is a set character (s/he doesn't do some things; outright murder and all that), I think reacting with aversion to a naked picture of your cousin is pretty vanilla. I actually have no stake whatsoever in the romance between them, but I'd like an ending for the rival that isn't "and you shove her out the airlock into the void of space, satisfying the murderboner you've had since day 1". If it has to be sex, whatever.

You're actually able to kill off your cousin already, assuming you're willing to sacrifice yourself to do so. I DIDN'T do it, so if it turns out to not be true, then oh well, but an option in the vs Taivra bad-end+(where you partially win) says "execute her" when prompted about your rival's fate.
But I am aware that your character doesn't hate her(though a hard personality definitely implies hate towards her/him, last I checked), that's why I didn't say hate, I'm just saying it'd be a little awkward going from full dislike/neutral, to actual romantic feelings towards the rival, I've even seen some people want to be like a sub to Jill, which would be even weirder without a LITTLE prior development.(but if there is going to be any development at all, rather than like a fight you win and then take her to be yours, then it should be fine imo)

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You're actually able to kill off your cousin already, assuming you're willing to sacrifice yourself to do so. I DIDN'T do it, so if it turns out to not be true, then oh well, but an option in the vs Taivra bad-end+(where you partially win) says "execute her" when prompted about your rival's fate.
But I am aware that your character doesn't hate her(though a hard personality definitely implies hate towards her/him, last I checked), that's why I didn't say hate, I'm just saying it'd be a little awkward going from full dislike/neutral, to actual romantic feelings towards the rival, I've even seen some people want to be like a sub to Jill, which would be even weirder without a LITTLE prior development.(but if there is going to be any development at all, rather than like a fight you win and then take her to be yours, then it should be fine imo)

More backstory would solve that issue. Maybe some forgotten childhood memory between you two when you were closer before you got estranged due to your fathers and general growing up.

More Steele childhood stuff in general would be lovely actually...

Skiren

May 25, 2016
More backstory would solve that issue. Maybe some forgotten childhood memory between you two when you were closer before you got estranged due to your fathers and general growing up.

More Steele childhood stuff in general would be lovely actually...

That is possible, actually.... maybe you and Jill/Jack promised to marry each other when you were wee children.....*gags at the cliche*, joke aside though, it is true that I don't think it really says when your fathers started REALLY having a bad relationship, so it's possible that maybe you and Jill had been introduced to each other way back when they were on better terms? Even if not though(it might be a lil weird to delve into your past when you didn't have any control of your character back then), there's plenty of ways to smooth out the path towards romantic interaction. As long as the end result isn't the typical fight&fuck you do with random enemies, that's all I really would super mind.

P.S. *ponders the marriage promise thing for a sec*....I could see it though.... Jill, crying voice: "I didn't want to fight with you, we were supposed to share everything like you promised!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
That is possible, actually.... maybe you and Jill/Jack promised to marry each other when you were wee children.....*gags at the cliche*, joke aside though, it is true that I don't think it really says when your fathers started REALLY having a bad relationship, so it's possible that maybe you and Jill had been introduced to each other way back when they were on better terms? Even if not though(it might be a lil weird to delve into your past when you didn't have any control of your character back then), there's plenty of ways to smooth out the path towards romantic interaction. As long as the end result isn't the typical fight&fuck you do with random enemies, that's all I really would super mind.

Give the player questions to answer during the section of the game where you remember your childhood experience with Jack/Jill. Or even make the whole thing playable in the vein of Urtaquest where the game generates your past self via your starting race choice, though I do think that it would probably have issues with color related things as I doubt the game tracks any of those choices you make in character creation.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
though I do think that it would probably have issues with color related things as I doubt the game tracks any of those choices you make in character creation

Clever writing without assuming or using any parsing variables besides race could make it work.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Clever writing without assuming or using any parsing variables besides race could make it work.

Probably. Questions that set the variables would also work out as well.

OFC this is all assuming the game doesn't track the less important starting conditions.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
"It sucks that you can't go out with your puppyslut girlfriend. Maybe I could be your girlfriend tonight?"

Don't worry guys, Savin will totally write something that's universally accepted by all forum users.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Speaking of Anno, I do wonder how she'd feel about you banging your rival. Cus I'm not as sure about her opinion as I am of Syri's, who I'm rather certain will end up approving.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of Anno, I do wonder how she'd feel about you banging your rival. Cus I'm not as sure about her opinion as I am of Syri's, who I'm rather certain will end up approving.

Anno fucked your dad at least as many times as she's fucked you.  I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it.  Just a hunch.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Anno fucked your dad at least as many times as she's fucked you.  I'm pretty sure she'll be okay with it.  Just a hunch.

Really? I never got the implication that she boned Vic more than a handful of times at most.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

That's not equatable to incest, though. Syri has an incest boner, we've been teased but not outright told if Anno has the same interests. Translate those opinions to Steele boinking cousin, that's the point of the post.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
That's not equatable to incest, though. Syri has an incest boner, we've been teased but not outright told if Anno has the same interests. Translate those opinions to Steele boinking cousin, that's the point of the post.

It would however translate to Anno being willing to get into a Steele pile instead of Steele joining in on the puppyslut pile.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Cousin is not exactly close relative enough to necessarily consider it incest.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

Depends on the country/culture. US has it anyone within 2 steps of you is wrong and even beyond that is bad enough.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Depends on the country/culture. US has it anyone within 2 steps of you is wrong and even beyond that is bad enough.

Yes, but we are talking about TiTSverse, so I think that we should assume most lax version of current culture as most hard one of TiTS one. Unless we have a background for the contrary.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

First cousin is for most. At least in the US. Really anyone you'd reasonably expect to see outside of reunions is close enough.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Yes, but we are talking about TiTSverse, so I think that we should assume most lax version of current culture as most hard one of TiTS one. Unless we have a background for the contrary.

As an over-all, yes, but individual opinions will still be a thing. Codes of ethics and such, to a degree.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
As an over-all, yes, but individual opinions will still be a thing. Codes of ethics and such, to a degree.

Those are the product of the upbringing. Shade has religious background to justify her reaction, but most other...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Those are the product of the upbringing. Shade has religious background to justify her reaction, but most other...

Shade isn't just an outlier. There will always be sects and even then enlightened societies will still have people who don't or do things because they put that on themselves. Gamers who only play by certain styles not matter the genre are prime examples, vegetarians/vegans, and other stuff.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Shade isn't just an outlier. There will always be sects and even then enlightened societies will still have people who don't or do things because they put that on themselves. Gamers who only play by certain styles not matter the genre are prime examples, vegetarians/vegans, and other stuff.

Yes, but there are two points here. First, those are exceptions from the rules. Second, they usually understand that their opinion is just their personal and not commonly accepted.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Yes, but there are two points here. First, those are exceptions from the rules. Second, they usually understand that their opinion is just their personal and not commonly accepted.

And the point of the post that started this all is wondering what Anno's reaction to Steele incest would be depending on whether she likes or dislikes incest.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
And the point of the post that started this all is wondering what Anno's reaction to Steele incest would be depending on whether she likes or dislikes incest.

Considering an unused lines about her opinion about threesome with Syri - from "meh" if before said threesome to "invite me next time" if after.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Huh, it sounds like you're thinking of Anno as being definitely involved? personally I've done all the stuff with her, and I know she's like the only companion you can really have atm, but I don't like her enough to keep her with me.(even without romancing her) The most I know about how Anno feels about incest though, is that she doesn't really mind Syri cumming on her face, beyond it surprising her.
It's also true that Syri and Anno are twins though, with twins much more stereotypically being open to twincest, so Anno is probably fine with it. All that said though, given that this is not only a SUPER advanced future, but also a very depraved one, I bet incest is fine(there's worse taboos that go on, and science has probably eliminated the main reason incest is bad)

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
All that said though, given that this is not only a SUPER advanced future, but also a very depraved one, I bet incest is fine(there's worse taboos that go on, and science has probably eliminated the main reason incest is bad)

The main reason incest is objectively detrimental - sure. But on top of that you have a whole bunch of subjective reasons, not least of which is the fact that sibling love/closeness and romantic/sexual attraction don't mesh together very well.

So while establishing a background of close childhood relationship between PC and Rival can smooth the path towards the romance route, it will also provide a strong reasons for Steele Junior to have some(a lot) reservations about banging Jack/Jill.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The main reason incest is objectively detrimental - sure. But on top of that you have a whole bunch of subjective reasons, not least of which is the fact that sibling love/closeness and romantic/sexual attraction don't mesh together very well.

So while establishing a background of close childhood relationship between PC and Rival can smooth the path towards the romance route, it will also provide a strong reasons for Steele Junior to have some(a lot) reservations about banging Jack/Jill.

Even that is mostly nurture. Yes, there's some natural aversion to incest, but the main reason current ideals have it as a big "NO" is all from people saying so. If the natural urge was that strong we wouldn't have so many cases throughout history and the world of inbred lines of royalty. From as far back as ancient Egypt to post-Renaissance Europe, there probably are areas still that don't find it wrong to have pure/untainted bloodlines. Given time (and there's a lot of it in this nebulous future) the taboo may have (and probably has given the text) weakened considerably to fringe areas.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Given that Vic has made no attempt that you were ever alerted to to figure out how many kids he's got and what their identities are, I half suspect that he was very much willing to let you risk unknowingly fuck a half sibling or half niblings or slightly more distant relations. Which reminds me that the Rival probably doesn't know who all their cousins are, which really makes me want to witness the rival getting rudely surprised by your father's irresponsibility.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Of course, when everything is said and done though, it only really matters if the incest thing matters to the player(not Steele, I mean the player player), which in most cases I assume it won't, as WE'RE not related to Jill, so we can find her appealing just fine.
I just assume it won't REALLY matter to Jill(/Jack) either, as it not being a 100% no-no to them is kind of important to their future romance path.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Leave for a day and any thread can start talking about incest.