Crew Overhaul

Dec 13, 2015
Hey guys.

I've completed Bess-13's storyline, and now I've got some sweet ideas of a small expansion that requires something that's not even in the game yet due to the fact that TiTS is still in its alpha (or beta? Correct me if I'm wrong anyways) stage. Anyways, I'll be on to the point; what if after she becomes Steele's lover, another event will be triggered after event 28 and it will be all about upgrading her? Just imagine a former sexbot of a JoyCo product turned into higher form of an android where she can explore with you wherever you go and is completely capable of beating/fucking the holy hell out of whoever stand in your way.

Imagine your favorite crew member, say Anno, go through something developing her character through a hidden side quest that is unlocked by a specific interaction or command. Imagine them equipped with special outfits/weapons gained from completing those quests that can help in combat.

But then again, this idea requires a massive crew overhaul that I'm hoping (hopefully I'm not the only one) to see in the future updates. Equipping your characters and establishing your own party for combat would be a nice addition, but in turn items/enemy numbers have to be changed for them to fit well with the system.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Not happening.  Party combat is reserved for within certain dungeons which are built with having a guest in mind.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I wish, but no. General adventuring will always be solo, excepting special events as Couch mentioned.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Even if it was something that Fen wanted to do (which he doesn't), it would be difficult to balance fights since all fights now either are too easy since they don't expect you to bring a friend, or too hard since they expect you to bring extra firepower. Plus it would make a lot of dialogue weird, since most of it expects you to be alone at all times.

Pastel Skulls

Apr 14, 2016
Speaking of the crew I was wondering if there were plans to do more with Reha? Specifically involving Anzhela, I mean she brought up addictions and Rhea being forcefully hopped up on aphrodisiacs and made into a fuck doll isn't far off from what Anzhela described trench wives as. Red Myr Venom and the patches seem to have similar effects to so during my first time playing through I thought I was supposed to bring Reha back to her.

I'm also really curious about how Nonesuch is gonna do the Sera joining your crew options. Though it doesn't look like he's got most of that done yet.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
To add on to the pile, TiTs is not a party game. It's a solo adventure, though Fall of Eden is a party game, so you might want to look into that for what you want instead! Games can have their own things going, that's fine. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
We already have people begging to have every combination of character traits represented in every encounter at every opportunity, and that's a daunting task as it is. So only one thing would happen if general adventuring was party-based: Everything becomes mind-numbingly easy and there's no accommodation for your party members at all. They'd just stand there and watch you fuck stuff whilst offering no comment or reaction. And then, if you somehow manage to lose a fight, they'd just stand there and watch you get fucked. And that's the only thing that would happen because no sane person is going to re-write every generic encounter in the game to account for allies.

I agree with the general consensus that balancing TiTS is hard enough without throwing in the possibility of maintaining a permanent party. However I don't think that your posse having limited interactions will raise up too many complaints. FoE tries its best to get them as involved as possible, but you still need to suspend your disbelief and use your imagination most of the times. Especially during win/loss sex scenes. And most players just roll with it.

Last edited:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Speaking of the crew I was wondering if there were plans to do more with Reha? Specifically involving Anzhela, I mean she brought up addictions and Rhea being forcefully hopped up on aphrodisiacs and made into a fuck doll isn't far off from what Anzhela described trench wives as. Red Myr Venom and the patches seem to have similar effects to so during my first time playing through I thought I was supposed to bring Reha back to her.

I'm also really curious about how Nonesuch is gonna do the Sera joining your crew options. Though it doesn't look like he's got most of that done yet.

I highly doubt that Anzhela will be related to curing Reahas addiction. 

There are plans for more Reaha, but you´ll have to wait until Savin has written more for it. I believe Uveto is top priority atm.

More than anything else, I think what's limiting this option is the absurd can of worms it would open with respect to win/loss scenes.

We already have people begging to have every combination of character traits represented in every encounter at every opportunity, and that's a daunting task as it is. So only one thing would happen if general adventuring was party-based: Everything becomes mind-numbingly easy and there's no accommodation for your party members at all. They'd just stand there and watch you fuck stuff whilst offering no comment or reaction. And then, if you somehow manage to lose a fight, they'd just stand there and watch you get fucked. And that's the only thing that would happen because no sane person is going to re-write every generic encounter in the game to account for allies. Special dungeons or quests are their own separate thing, and I'm sure the devs have plans for that kind of stuff, but I suspect that those specific situations will be the extent of party-style combat.

And all of those issues pertain to the static crewmates. You want to throw Bess into the mix? Now it's just a really bad joke, unfortunately. Anything involving Bess is basically doomed to failure from the start. If you want to know why, just go and dig up Bess's character docs and give them a look. I think the answer will come pretty quickly.

Not every encounter...just more than one or two...It´s an absurd amount of things scenes can support so I get that it´s hard to make all encounters support any type of body part or personality ones Steele may have. There´s also the problem of updating old scenes.

And I agree with you on the party combat thing. It´s something that may work under certain quests, but not all the time. And like you said win or lose the fight they would just stare at you. Silently. Intensely. The whole time. Expecting their turn...Creepy...

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Ah, I thought you might've been Russian Candlejacked or something.

Well, to address your complete post, I suppose it might not be as big of a deal as I'd expect. I've never played FoE, I didn't even know it had party mechanics. I would think just carrying around some peeps in your pocket and not having them play a role in all the sexytimes would be... weird, though. Especially for something like, say, Queen of the Deep. I feel like having party members standing there and watching you get crammed full of eggs (or having them not go through the same thing themselves, even) would be super immersion breaking. I've seen some people complain that crewmembers don't take notice when you show up at the ship looking completely different than you did when you left, and I can only imagine the problems they'd have if the characters watched it happen, but maybe that group is more of a minority than I think.

I can't really tell how much the set of TiTS players and the smaller set of FoE players intersect, but I can tell that there are less (un)reasonably demandingpeople hanging around FoE forums. FenCo giveth a lot, so plebs always expect moar.

And bosses/events are treated on case by case bases, so something like QoTD always has at least a blurb for every party member.

Last edited:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I've seen some people complain that crewmembers don't take notice when you show up at the ship looking completely different than you did when you left, and I can only imagine the problems they'd have if the characters watched it happen, but maybe that's group is more of a minority than I think.

Seeing as my Steele never drastically changes his appearance too much I actually haven´t given this too much thought.

But as for the current party members of the ship:
Reaha: Probably witnessed the drastic changes the treatment had on people back home. + She has experience with gene modding herself

Celise: Morphable goo who knew Victor for who knows how long

Anno: Knew Victor too

Bess: Changeable open minded Sexbot

I´m not saying anyone wouldn´t be surprised over you leaving as a human dude and coming back as a feminine hermaphrodite centaur with butterfly wings and green skin, but I believe most of them would be very acceptable to it and be like "oh it´s just you welcome back". (I am kind of curious to how they do it though, does the ship scan you every time you enter and give your new info to your crew?)

We might never now. But I´d definetly enjoy seeing a special scene occur for Reaha if you´ve got yourself treated.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I´m not saying anyone wouldn´t be surprised over you leaving as a human dude and coming back as a feminine hermaphrodite centaur with butterfly wings and green skin, but I believe most of them would be very acceptable to it and be like "oh it´s just you welcome back". (I am kind of curious to how they do it though, does the ship scan you every time you enter and give your new info to your crew?)

We might never now. But I´d definetly enjoy seeing a special scene occur for Reaha if you´ve got yourself treated.

What I wanna know is how people you've only met once while looking like one species, then meeting them several months later as a different species, they know it's you instantly. 

The realistic answer is that the developers simply can't write scenes for all NPC's where they need react to the new you.

But I wanna know a fun in universe answer to go with it.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What I wanna know is how people you've only met once while looking like one species, then meeting them several months later as a different species, they know it's you instantly. 

The realistic answer is that the developers simply can't write scenes for all NPC's where they need react to the new you.

Genetic signature analyzers. Splices change your appearance, but not genes. This is canonical from Penny/Badger arc.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Genetic signature analyzers. Splices change your appearance, but not genes. This is canonical from Penny/Badger arc.

That works for most situations, except when dealing with primitives. But good answer either way.

K

Krynh

Surely they'd have to change your genes as well. Otherwise your body would attack those cells and stop making the proteins 

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Surely they'd have to change your genes as well. Otherwise your body would attack those cells and stop making the proteins 

There are immunosuppressants for that - that's how they deal with organ transplants irl. Given how far in the future this is, dealing with that would be trivial.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
The intro and description of some of the TFs make it pretty clear that the TFs mod your genes to some extent. It's pretty much the basis for the plot point of Steele Sr. dying.

My theory is genes change, but butts always smell the same. So folks all sniff each others' behinds, just like dogs. The authors just don't write about because it's so commonplace. :p

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Gene mods, shockingly, do in fact change your genes.  It would be ridiculous for them to do anything else.

NPCs recognize you instantly because screw writing the alternative.  If you want you can pretend they all have AR glasses or implants and see your name floating over your head in big yellow letters.

Pastel Skulls

Apr 14, 2016

I think it's something to do with your codex. You try to explain your situation to Emmy if you become a Myr by showing her an identification with your codex. She just plays it safe and assumes you stole the codex from someone but that means the codex does have some sort of identifier with it. 

K

Krynh

I think it's something to do with your codex. You try to explain your situation to Emmy if you become a Myr by showing her an identification with your codex. She just plays it safe and assumes you stole the codex from someone but that means the codex does have some sort of identifier with it. 

Perhaps the codex records all your genetic changes as you take each tf. Or your Mitochondrial DNA is used as the genescan. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Gene mods, shockingly, do in fact change your genes.  It would be ridiculous for them to do anything else.

NPCs recognize you instantly because screw writing the alternative.  If you want you can pretend they all have AR glasses or implants and see your name floating over your head in big yellow letters.

Hah that'd be a laugh, but then gets confusing when they ask what your name is, unless their tech doesn't give you a name to be identified with until you reveal it.

Thankfully if you're dating her she won't keep refusing to deal with you.