the rival

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I dunno. It would be pretty funny that despite the picture, Jack/Jill would turn out to be a virgin entirely.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Well regardless of what the code says, anything is possible, because like you said it hasn't even come up yet.(and even lacking virginity could be attributed to toys, technically, if being realistic) I would like it if it's at least left to your imagination though, I mean there's not exactly any reason to regale you with tales of Jill/Jack's past sexual experiences after all.(I mean what, are you gonna be romancing Jill and she'll just suddenly be like "oh btw I've been gangbanged 20 times already"?)

But as far as headcanons go, Jill just honestly does not seem like the type to me who would have necessarily dealt with things like that as of yet. I mean she considers herself to be better than everyone, which is a prime setup for "no one is allowed to touch me", and the fact that she has made it through these planets fine so far implies she's not exactly a slave to lust(which would inhibit making progress). And not to sound like a broken record, but I still equate her disgust in the half-loss against Taivra to having no experience with such things.(you have to remember that, if Jill has experience with dick, then that means Jack does too, since they're the same person, which nothing wrong with that, but it just seems like something that should be left up to the player)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If Jill has experience with dick, then that means Jack does too, since they're the same person.

>Jack and Jill
>same person
>boys and girls/male and female/gender
>same

As someone who sexually identifies as an Apache attack helicopter, I am deeply offended good sir.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
>Jack and Jill
>same person
>boys and girls/male and female/gender
>same

As someone who sexually identifies as an Apache attack helicopter, I am deeply offended good sir.

I believe that there was a silent "for the purposes of the character and their role in the plot" in that statement.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015

th

In other news, glad to see that there's gonna be more stuff with Jack/Jill... also... I totally just remembered the rhyme those names come from... I wonder if anyone else managed to figure that out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
Any chance Steele can recruit Dane if rival fires him? I could see him being interested if he gave it to you rough on Mhen'ga.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
There's already code for it so if you can't now you should be able to once it's written.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
I believe that there was a silent "for the purposes of the character and their role in the plot" in that statement.

Yesssss.... I mean it should be obvious that Jack and Jill are "the same", every game where your rival can change gender(err... I guess just pokemon is all that comes to mind) just swaps their look and name/pronouns, nothing they do or say changes. So it's safe to assume that their sexual history is the same as well, I imagine. Oh, I realized what I want is less "tell us Jack/Jill is a virgin", and more "please do not ever force Jill being raped in the game"(by a creature/etc.), like bad-ends are one thing, but if something bad is DEFINITELY happening to your cousin in that way no matter what, I desperately hope it's something preventable by the player.

Also, just a side-note, as detailed/specific as my opinions about this are, I don't mean to sound whiny or anything like "this should definitely be this way", it's just what I hope for.(which isn't too crazy of a hope, I hope)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah but Jack is also a vaginal virgin, and Jill is also a cock virgin. Which is obvious since they lack those parts (2vanilla). Probably shouldn't try and shove herms in Savin's face, though; we still haven't been told the catch here. I do hope the dialogue is hilarious, though, so I'll leave you with this quote:

"Oh well, the more tsun she is now, the more dere she'll be later."

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Since details of Rival's personality is extremely scarce outside of bare minimum dictated by their narrative role, I could see almost any possible relationship dynamic between PC and Jack/Jill working just fine. Rival turning out to be an unruly sub or a casual dom would fit my fetishes the most.

There is a honest to G-d trope regarding spoiled rich young women(or in rarer cases men) that flaunt their body and sexual prowess, use other people to sate their sexual curiosity and kinks, but remain 'pure' and virginal. While it can be used effectively, I don't think that it would be benefitial for Rival Romance Route, and it won't be very plausible.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Reminds me of poor Kiha, and all the terrible things the demons did to her. A shame I couldn't bring her with me when I made Lethice my bitch.

I'm surprised we're pushing this whole tsundere thing on Jill and not the Kiha AI.

Also Savin if Fen's given you reins over the rival would you mind weighing in on the inconsistencies in her code, and what you're planning on doing with her?

Skiren

May 25, 2016
I doubt Savin would really have anything in mind yet? they said they got the go ahead to work on the rival stuff at like end game, didn't they?(I think?) but end game isn't going to be for a looooooooooooooong time. I'm sure rival will have stuff prior to the end of the game of course, but Idk if anything beyond what already exists(fights/taunts, but nothing extensive, not even any option to talk to her/him atm)

Probably shouldn't try and shove herms in Savin's face, though; we still haven't been told the catch here.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but that did make me wonder something there though.... given that the player is able to choose Jack/Jill's gender as a whole, it is possible that maaaaaybe when the time comes, it'll give you one of those options like "is that a bulge you see?" or something that will let you decide what the rival has. ..... I dunno. I mean the rival will obv be written with scenes as having a dick, and as not having one, so... (and as a personal pref I would like her to have a D if she'd be dominant all over Steele)

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I doubt Savin would really have anything in mind yet? they said they got the go ahead to work on the rival stuff at like end game, didn't they?(I think?) but end game isn't going to be for a looooooooooooooong time. I'm sure rival will have stuff prior to the end of the game of course, but Idk if anything beyond what already exists(fights/taunts, but nothing extensive, not even any option to talk to her/him atm)

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but that did make me wonder something there though.... given that the player is able to choose Jack/Jill's gender as a whole, it is possible that maaaaaybe when the time comes, it'll give you one of those options like "is that a bulge you see?" or something that will let you decide what the rival has. ..... I dunno. I mean the rival will obv be written with scenes as having a dick, and as not having one, so... (and as a personal pref I would like her to have a D if she'd be dominant all over Steele)

Jack's variant for this line of thought sounds like it would be amusing as fuck. Hell herm PCs, born or made, would probably have some very interesting words for their cuz's transformation.

Which reminds me, can scenes check the pc's birth sex? I'm certain starting race is something that can be tracked, but I'm not sure if I've heard anything that indicated one way or another on sex.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It's not something that's being tracked right now, so if it's added (which I believe it should), the player would have to be prompted for it on loads made before the addition.

You'll never be able to do anything like revert yourself because a number of things (like the GaloMax item, for example) are meant to be permanent by their writers.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
If there's no tracking of your birth... well everything, really, I would think it should be added at some point, because I also think that there should eventually be a way in game to FULLY revert your entire character back to how they were born. Because while it doesn't really matter atm, as you can get to Myrellion+ within like an hour or less, once you get later in the game, like if you'd been playing for 6 hours perhaps, it really would not be fun if you start regretting a save after a particular change to your character.(some changes aren't fully apparent at first)
(I realize you can keep yourself safe by using multiple saves, but Idk if the game should force you to be THAT careful)

Also, just a side-note, I kinda wish there was a way to show interest in Jill/Jack, even if not from the start, hopefully soon. Because as it is there's not even any choices you have, how you are towards them is simply dictated by your personality type. Like personally I find myself thinking things like, when you run into them on Tarkus, it's a non-hostile encounter, and they're RIGHT next to you, so I was just like "I wonder how they'd react if my character kissed them as they walked by"(not like, full on lip kiss, I was thinking more flirty tease). And if you did have the option of showing some interest early game, that might be capable of influencing Jill/Jack's own feelings towards you as the game goes. It's also jarring(at least for me personally), when your character is shown to have a lot of distaste for Jill without you voicing your own opinion at all, but then in the "bed warmer Jill" bad-end your character seems to throw all of that out the window.(what you CAN voice prior to that scene is sadly only a bunch of bad things about Jill too, no option to give her some sympathy when she's caged up)

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
That's been Fen's plan.

Think there's any chance we can have a choice to fuck him up real bad instead? Ages ago in my first ever game my character (in my head) was super gay and not into dudes at all and I lost to him (because first game), so from that POV the defeat rape scene seemed really unpleasant. So I've always kinda had a grudge against the character and would relish a little payback.

e: sort of a niche request but well i wanted to ask

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Probably instead of recruiting Dane when that option comes up you'll be able to tell him to fuck off. Not sure if you'll be able to fuck him in the biblical sense, though.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I do hope to just be able to make Dane my bro. I have no interest at all in fucking him.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Think there's any chance we can have a choice to fuck him up real bad instead? Ages ago in my first ever game my character (in my head) was super gay and not into dudes at all and I lost to him (because first game), so from that POV the defeat rape scene seemed really unpleasant. So I've always kinda had a grudge against the character and would relish a little payback.

You already get to do that by the simple act of beating him in the first place.(I mean you literally beat him up until he can't fight anymore) And you're certainly not gonna be able to beat him up again, since he knows he's weaker than you and won't fight you. But if you want to like kill him, I doubt that'll be an option either. I get that about being upset about losing to him, I'm the same way, but I don't let those scenes play out, it's better if you just treat it like it didn't ever happen after all(since it didn't, if you load). The only loss scenes I dip into are the female ones, if it's a female I actually like, but regardless of the loss I always load.

I do hope to just be able to make Dane my bro. I have no interest at all in fucking him.

Yeah I lost a lot of my resentment towards him after Myrellion. Between him helping you, to him risking his life to protect Jill, to him hulking out to save Jill if you win but didn't free him yourself. (I feel like at this point if he found you lying bleeding in the middle of the road or something, he'd be like "bro I got you", as opposed to his original self)

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Flashbacks to ME2 (3? idr) where it was nigh-impossible to be male friends with your crew without them wanting to bang.

As FemShep or ManShep? Cuz only in 3 was there male gay romance (that I can remember), though I do admit the point of no return is hard to gauge for any romance.

E: Except Garrus in 2. Sweet, innocent Garrus, blindsided by Shep's use of his past romance.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
As FemShep or ManShep? Cuz only in 3 was there male gay romance (that I can remember), though I do admit the point of no return is hard to gauge for any romance.

E: Except Garrus in 2. Sweet, innocent Garrus, blindsided by Shep's use of his past romance.

ManShep. My renegade femshep hung out solely with the aide, Traynor I think. Worth it, the little minx.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Not being able to bang your crew (both in ME and TiTS) would be lewd.

EDIT: Oh hey, this is my 700th post.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
I already mentioned it, but having given it some more thought, I really can't picture the main character suddenly showing romantic interest in the Rival. I mean it shouldn't come up for a long while, but IF it continues as it has been, with your character consistently showing innate heavy dislike for the rival without you having a say in the matter, it'll be super awkward when you're finally given choices if one of the choices is like "you know what, I think I actually really love her/him, whoops".
....mmm... I suppose Savin did say they're gonna write a "romance path" though, so maybe if it's a full on path it'll be fine, but I still think it couldn't hurt to let the player choose to ease back on the rival hate via some choices prior to that.(just imo)

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I already mentioned it, but having given it some more thought, I really can't picture the main character suddenly showing romantic interest in the Rival. I mean it shouldn't come up for a long while, but IF it continues as it has been, with your character consistently showing innate heavy dislike for the rival without you having a say in the matter, it'll be super awkward when you're finally given choices if one of the choices is like "you know what, I think I actually really love her/him, whoops".
....mmm... I suppose Savin did say they're gonna write a "romance path" though, so maybe if it's a full on path it'll be fine, but I still think it couldn't hurt to let the player choose to ease back on the rival hate via some choices prior to that.(just imo)

I don't think the ingame actions have really shown that the PC really hates the rival, it's all just projection by the players. No real obstacles in the way of a "I guess I'll take you under my wing" kinda thing.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I don't think the ingame actions have really shown that the PC really hates the rival, it's all just projection by the players. No real obstacles in the way of a "I guess I'll take you under my wing" kinda thing.

Well, the one email with the zil pic says "ew, that's your Cousin...NAKED. God damn." but that's the author's viewpoint on incest being projected, which by evidence is contrary to popular opinion, or just bad writing assuming players are against it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
but that's the author's viewpoint on incest being projected

Oh no it's not. The author knows full well the PC gets that email on the first planet, probably in a day or two of losing their own virginity. There's a moment of character exposition there for you, the PC.