"The new forums are shit"

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I am gonna miss custom titles. I miss being Tabooy already. Sigs I will kinda miss. Some where fun to read.

may our individuality rest in peace

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Linking to videos doesn't create a properly sized embedded one in your port.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Probably may been waved as silly but quoting makes adding any pic link showing just line of letters/numbers. I got it awlays when I quote someone pic and try using img tags add some to my reply - this usualy require edit post to remove added pic link and add it again the same way I did before so this time it will show properly pic.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You also can't double quote. I mean I definitely see why but it'd be nice if anything past one quote was at least hidden or minimized by default.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
There can be some problems on the forums from time to time when you're trying to update posts with links in them.  The Anti-spam system will ask for a captia code, but then reject your changes afterwards.  I've found the only way to get it to work is to fill in the captia, then go back on the browser twice, submit your changes again and then fill in a second captia.  Then it accepts your changes.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't know if it's just me, or whether this will be a temporary thing, but I need to highlight every post. I'll use TDM's post above mine as an example so that you can see what I mean.

message.jpg

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I can't read anything unless it's quoted 

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
The new changes to the forum have made it very hard to read new posts as I'm writing them, I can no longer use arrow keys to navigate when writing new posts, and the alternating backgrounds on threads is far to extreme right now and is hard to look at as a result.

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I have the following issues:

• Text is hard to read.
  • The page buttons are a bit hard to find since there isn't enough contrast.
  • The icons for featured and sticked post are of dull colour.

I suggest reverting the changes but keep the font size. Maybe hopefully, text colour could be introduced so it can come in handy for lists.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Okay, I can read the posts now...but the font colour as I type this messahe became grey. Speaking of grey, I noticed there are some highlighted threads despite not having new replies. It seems to follow a pattern, but I'd say it's a bit distracting.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Okay, I can read the posts now...but the font colour as I type this message became grey. Speaking of grey, I noticed there are some highlighted threads despite not having new replies. It seems to follow a pattern, but I'd say it's a bit distracting.

Using the "Mark everything as read" button seemed to help with the randomly highlighted threads.  The grey text while typing is something of a nuisance though.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Fixed a bunch of shit. Also shits a bunch faster.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I'm glad the site has been eating its yogurt and has regained bowel regularity 

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ugh yeah, please be to fixing the grey text when typing a post senpai. That shit strains your eyes like nobody's business.

Might have to force-refresh your browser or something (Ctrl+F5). I changed the CSS for the editor last night...

bfsqIXx.png

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Looking at the top of the screen shows under the Browse section a link to the 'staff' of the site and forums. Maybe a section for 'creator' could be implemented.

Also, Slab Bulkhead (the New Texan Gym creator) has yet to gain creator status on their profile.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Might have to force-refresh your browser or something (Ctrl+F5). I changed the CSS for the editor last night...

bfsqIXx.png

It remains the same from last night after shutting down etc. It's not a great deal of fun to look at. Win8 + Mozilla fwiw.

fenforum.png

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Have you actually tried a force reload using Ctrl+F5? If that's not working I'll have to go fish around and see if I can forcibly invalidate the CSS or something.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Have you actually tried a force reload using Ctrl+F5? If that's not working I'll have to go fish around and see if I can forcibly invalidate the CSS or something.

I literally just used ctrl+F5, and the words I'm typing right now are a nearly invisible grey against this white background.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Is there a way to add spoiler tags to a post? Or any kind of "click-to-open" text box really. I think the option dissapeared in one of the updates.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Is there a way to add spoiler tags to a post? Or any kind of "click-to-open" text box really. I think the option dissapeared in one of the updates.

There was.  Ordinary spoiler tags used to work but now they just disappear.  Old spoiler tags seem to have been replaced, I'll keep messing with this to see if I can figure it out.

Nothing I've tried seems to work.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Spoilers no longer work it seems

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
After what happened on this thread, I'd like to ask two things:

a) Is it acceptable to have an alt account?

b) Are mods able to merge threads if needed?

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
If someone abuses alts they get banned, full stop. Alas I don't have the magical button that lets me figure out if people are alts, GEDAN, so I have to count on Savin and company. That said, in the thread described that would be the perfect opportunity to use the report button, so shame on you too.

And yes, thread moving, merging, locking, flat-out deleting are all tools we have, as usual.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Make sure I'll remember this talk next time. I should forget that reporting should not be seen as a last resort tool of sorts.