The Last Sovereign

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm. It seems to be that the boss fight in the public version is waaay much harder that the Patreon version was. Reading your comments I have a doubt: why aren't you using Qum? Her buff to both ATK and MAG should help you a lot.... Although, Carina's Mass Heal it's useful, three is no practical gain of buffing your defense.

I must be missing something...

I think I read that Sierra boosted the difficulty of the fight after feedback from Patrons. Qum would probably be a better choice than Carina thanks to that buff. I suspect people have been avoiding the succubi vs. HL because she seems like the sort of person who would be strong against succubi. I got tired of dying, so I was just using what others said had worked. In a replay, I'd probably recommend a Qum/Varia/Aka party versus HL. You'd also want to buttplug Qum to insure she starts with full lust, so you can use that first turn to use Arousing Aura.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
For the record, yes, the boss fight everyone is talking about was made significantly harder since the initial Patreon release. I may tone it down slightly, however, depending on how I feel as I keep testing. Right now the fight is manageable with a strong party, but it's more RNG-dependent than I'd like with a weak one.

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
So, I'm an idiot. I can't figure out how to play this game. I clicked the RTP link on the front page, and downloaded it, but I can't figure out how to do anything with the application. Can someone write me a step by step guide for the tech illiterate? 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So, I'm an idiot. I can't figure out how to play this game. I clicked the RTP link on the front page, and downloaded it, but I can't figure out how to do anything with the application. Can someone write me a step by step guide for the tech illiterate? 

Well if you downloaded the RTP version, then all you need is to open the folder you downloaded and click on the thing named "game.exe" 

It should work, if it doesn't then something went very wrong

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
Well if you downloaded the RTP version, then all you need is to open the folder you downloaded and click on the thing named "game.exe" 

It should work, if it doesn't then something went very wrong

That's the thing. There's no folder, just a little blue cube icon that says it's an application. I tried redownloading but I'm having the same problem.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
That's the thing. There's no folder, just a little blue cube icon that says it's an application. I tried redownloading but I'm having the same problem.

Oh right that, forgot that step, silly me.

Right well what you want to do is take that cube and put it on your desktop, activate it and let it do its thing. Make sure it says it's putting the files on your desktop when it asks where you want it. /Then/ look at the folder it gives you and click game.exe

Completely forgot about the blue cube, so that's my bad on that.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016

The little blue cube is an installer/extractor. It should run an application that builds the game folder. What does it do when you try to run it?

@Sierra Lee: I actually appreciated how difficult the fight was - it was frustrating, but it also made total sense within the context of the world and characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrant

Mar 5, 2016
How far has the game made it? I've lost track since a few months ago. (v0.17.1b)

(Quote to notify me please, I don't check my emails)

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
How far has the game made it? I've lost track since a few months ago. (v0.17.1b)

(Quote to notify me please, I don't check my emails)

The last version details the aftermath of the invasion of Yhilin by the Doom King (it was meant to be Doomed King but it was overheard by an orc). The battle is a very complex part of the game, but fortunately you have a couple of guides in the wiki (here and here) to help you. The latest part is a more normal update with plenty of quests and some challenging combats including one that may saw it coming. Doing both parts united makes a lot of sense, IMHO.

I hope it helps.

Takeda

May 21, 2016
Hmmm. It seems to be that the boss fight in the public version is waaay much harder that the Patreon version was. Reading your comments I have a doubt: why aren't you using Qum? Her buff to both ATK and MAG should help you a lot.... Although, Carina's Mass Heal it's useful, three is no practical gain of buffing your defense.

I must be missing something...

You are right Qum definitely helps a lot for the battle with the HeroLady but I wonder is only one good selection of team in order to win the battle in fair time or the players can choose 3-4 different selections? 

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
You are right Qum definitely helps a lot for the battle with the HeroLady but I wonder is only one good selection of team in order to win the battle in fair time or the players can choose 3-4 different selections? 

Probably a strong attack team with Simon, Robin, Aka and Varia would work well here. I don't really see either Hilstara, Yarra or Nalili as viable candidates to be honest, so the pool is not that big. I suppose that you can also play with a conservative team: Simon, Robin, Carina and Altina but then it will be a looong fight.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
Probably a strong attack team with Simon, Robin, Aka and Varia would work well here. I don't really see either Hilstara, Yarra or Nalili as viable candidates to be honest, so the pool is not that big. I suppose that you can also play with a conservative team: Simon, Robin, Carina and Altina but then it will be a looong fight.

I did try the party of Simon, Varia, Aka, and Robin. It was actually a little faster than the Simon, Varia, Carina, Aka team.

Kyrant

Mar 5, 2016
The last version details the aftermath of the invasion of Yhilin by the Doom King (it was meant to be Doomed King but it was overheard by an orc). The battle is a very complex part of the game, but fortunately you have a couple of guides in the wiki (here and here) to help you. The latest part is a more normal update with plenty of quests and some challenging combats including one that may saw it coming. Doing both parts united makes a lot of sense, IMHO.

I hope it helps.

Thx, m8.

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
Oh right that, forgot that step, silly me.

Right well what you want to do is take that cube and put it on your desktop, activate it and let it do its thing. Make sure it says it's putting the files on your desktop when it asks where you want it. /Then/ look at the folder it gives you and click game.exe

Completely forgot about the blue cube, so that's my bad on that.

Thanks. I would never have tried to put it on my desktop on my own. 

Cog

Apr 17, 2016

The trick is to do as much damage per round as possible. Buffing to increase damage (ala Qum) is very necessary, as is debuffing HL (I used Aka). You can get by without Qum if you use Varia or Hilstara's Encourage, which is how I (and maybe others) got by with Carina instead. HL's main attack does about 75-90% of max health, regardless of armor, so a healer is also essential, but armor buffing is basically useless. Within those guidelines, though, there's quite a bit of room for tactical decision making. For instance, you could use Robin as your healer, which would give you an extra bit of damage whenever everyone's at full health, though she's not quite as powerful a healer as Qum or Carina. The only one that would be difficult to replace is Aka, since she's the only one with Disabling Strike or similar. It's possible, but as Iostone2 noted, not having the debuff would make for a much longer fight.

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
Bug report. When in the trading camp and taking out the final group of slavers Cum dum was KO'd and after that I could no longer save the game. Trying to save deleted the save file I was on.

Righan

Apr 2, 2016
It's possible if your party is strong enough to defeat Hero Lady in 2-3 turns with a bit of luck. Equip the following characters with your best gear if you're struggling. Use Aka, Varia and Qum along with Simon using the following actions for the first 3 turns:

Simon > Precise Strike; Aka > Disabling Assault; Varia > Frenzy/Servant's Frenzy; Qum > Arousing Aura
Simon > Precise Strike; Aka > Disabling Assault; Varia > Furious Strikes/Blade Dance; Qum > Arousing Aura
Simon > Precise Strike; Aka > Forceful Lunge; Varia > Furious Strikes/Blade Dance (Blood Strike seems the best bet if you can't dent her); Qum > Healing Kiss (On whoever was attacked by Hero Lady)

Then just reapply Disabling Assault, Frenzy Buff and Arousing Aura when necessary and focus Qum on healing, since Hero Lady starts using Tyrant Slayer twice before healing up. The lucky crits tend to be the major factor in making this fight faster. Of course this means Qum needs a Buttplug for one, while also needing to make sure she retains her SP, so perhaps a Charm of Perversion for Masturbate+ would be useful here when she has the opportunity to let of a little steam.

I might of accidentally while trying this a couple of times to get a good rhythm going I hit a 8.2k crit with Varia's Blood Strike. ._.

Bug report. When in the trading camp and taking out the final group of slavers Cum dum was KO'd and after that I could no longer save the game. Trying to save deleted the save file I was on.

I believe it is intended that you cannot save through that section whatsoever until you've dealt with all the slavers. I couldn't save whenever I tried that section at any point until after I got out of that room.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
Ok, if no spoiler tags are possible, how are people beating the Hero Lady? I've tried four or five different party combinations, and none of them have even been able to get her to half-health! She re-heals faster than I can damage her. Is there something I'm missing? Should I be using some sort of ability on her that I've neglected to try?

I think I also missed one of the guards. How many special orcs have people been able to find? I've got six so far (one of them I found during the attack on House Jade).

Edit: The locked building in Rose District has something to do with Dari's quest. I haven't been able to talk to her since she remarked that she'd want to keep an eye on it (Hero Lady showed up, clearing out that room) so I don't know if that's a quest that's currently in the game.

Qum buffs Simon, Aka debuffs hero bitch, and throw in another healer. She only attacks one person at a time and its for 75% max health or so.

Hero bitch better be a futa or gender-morphed chosen because. to much hetero sex for me...can we at lest get that cute cat boy ambassador in our harem.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
Hero bitch better be a futa or gender-morphed chosen because. to much hetero sex for me...can we at lest get that cute cat boy ambassador in our harem.

While neither of those options sound bad to me, I don't think we're likely to see it (from Simon, anyway. Maybe Ralke will turn out gay?). In his talk with the "cute cat boy ambassador," he explains that it's not just an aversion to the idea - he tried men before, and didn't care for the experience. If Simon does start batting both ways, I'd see it as a pretty solid sign that the shard is beginning to have an undue influence on him.

Not that any of that rules out the idea completely, but it doesn't give a lot of hope.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015

The pairings are listed in the OP: M/F, M/F/F, F/F, M/F/M, M/F/F/F, so tough luck. Also, "hero bitch"? :|

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Sorry, but looking at the numbers, audiences that like this sort of content mixed are relatively small compared to those who are adamantly opposed to it. I designed the game to deliver primarily heterosexual content, though there will be some female/female content throughout (more so as the harem gets bigger). Also, if futa works for you, there will be more of that!

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Sorry, but looking at the numbers, audiences that like this sort of content mixed are relatively small compared to those who are adamantly opposed to it. I designed the game to deliver primarily heterosexual content, though there will be some female/female content throughout (more so as the harem gets bigger). Also, if futa works or you, there will be more of that!

You should know already that futa's are always okay :D

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
You should know already that futa's are always okay :D

There already has been plenty of them, like the Futa Succubus Guard during Yarra's path. Plus the explanations on how succubus-on-succubus reproduction works.

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
I feel like Simon's path needs work. It is far to easy to accidentally use up multiple days and because of the free roam aspect of the area, the number of choices feels more like work than play to accomplish. Maybe gate floors and areas off and open them as you progress through the Empress's plan for you. Another way would be to have fewer days and make it to where you can do multiple actions(training, helping,etc) in each day. Choice is nice but a over abundance of choice can cause stress as well. Mind you I did enjoy reading the flavor text and story, I just did not enjoy getting to the text.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Don't expect any updates for at least a week or two. Sierra had someone they knew pass away and is dealing with it atm.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Version 0.20.0 is out for backers! Meanwhile, here is a preview of some of this update's content:

Though the elves have been on the margins of the story so far, this update will take you straight into the heart of their forest kingdoms:

Since this is the largest forest on the continent, I wanted it to feel different from the forests that have been seen so far. That required me to take my mapping up a notch and commission some stuff, but I think the resulting area looks nice:

Now that you rule a kingdom, you're not entering conflicts as a minor party. This update will introduce both sides of this conflict.

Next time, you'll have to choose a side...

Expect the public release of this update in about a week - see you then!

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
\o/ I was hoping to see the elves soon, that or going on expeditions to hunt for power caches. I wonder how Simon gets past the border guards and patrols, should be interesting.