The Last Sovereign

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Choosing a side. This sound like the most influential choice you've done for the game so far.

It'll be fun playing the next release.

And I didn't know until now but I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Version 0.20.2 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2016/08/tls-0202-public-release.html

I would like to remind everyone that I am still dealing with personal issues as I mentioned here. I wrapped up everything I was working on to put out a short update, which I hope will be taken as a sign of my commitment, but I will need to take some personal time before the next release.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Version 0.20.2 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2016/08/tls-0202-public-release.html

I would like to remind everyone that I am still dealing with personal issues as I mentioned here. I wrapped up everything I was working on to put out a short update, which I hope will be taken as a sign of my commitment, but I will need to take some personal time before the next release.

Take care Sierra, best wishes to you in your time recovering. Thank you for the hard work and great games/stories, and hope that you feel better soon.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Take care Sierra, best wishes to you in your time recovering. Thank you for the hard work and great games/stories, and hope that you feel better soon.

Ditto what argenten said.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
We are all grateful for the hard work you put into your games.  Thank you so much for continuing to work on TLS when you could, and take all the time you need.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Has anyone heard any news about a next update? It's been 2 months now and I've seen no news on this front in that time, not pressuring for release just curious what's up

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
She's waiting on the artist for her parrallax map, apparently the goomba hasn't even started most of the major work for it until she nudged him. announced it on patreon but thats it.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
She's waiting on the artist for her parrallax map, apparently the goomba hasn't even started most of the major work for it until she nudged him. announced it on patreon but thats it.

Ah that explains it, well good to know that it's only one thing holding the update up. What is the parrallax map anyway?

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
It's a transparency that goes over the top of the map and moves differently - thus allowing the illusion of three dimensions. Sierra tends to use it for shadows (or at least that is the most obvious thing she uses it for), but it can be used for several different things.

It's shown up a couple of times so far in-game, such as in the Geldaron/Dargeldon forests in the last update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
That's right. Since this update wraps up the plot in Darghelon/Gheldaron, I wanted to have another map done in that style.

Also, for those of you who don't know, I spent a month on an expansion of Ouroboros. It has about twice as much content now, plus art for all the sex scenes and some other new features. It will be coming out commercially fairly soon, and I'm excited for that, but I'm also eager to get back to TLS by releasing this update. Just need that map and then I'll be able to do the final touches.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
I'm not a huge fan of the distributor (I think their free-to-play games have over-priced microtransactions) but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on them in order to buy Ouroboros as soon as it comes out. And congrats, by the way, on getting that deal.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks! Though the game will start with an exclusive period on Nutaku, it won't be available only there. Feel free to support the distributor you feel most comfortable with!

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
It's certainly great to hear from you, Sierra Lee! I recently finished playing Ouroboros and it was great. TLS is my favorite RPG Maker game hands down.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.21.0 has just been released to patrons!

This update includes a new regional map, biggest one yet by several metrics (the following screenshot doesn't cover quite all of it). This section is somewhat longer than normal and there's a lot going on.

jlYuYCT.png

This is also the first update where the system of having other languages in different colors will be heavily used. I hope once people see it in action, they'll see the options it gives for switching between multiple languages in a quick, intuitive way.

40y7959.png

Meanwhile, Yarra is happy:

3bilkkQ.png

I'm still pretty busy with the commercial version of Ouroboros. This is also a larger-than-average TLS release with more moving parts, so I'm budgeting extra time for bugfixes. Therefore, I'm planning to have this release available publicly on November 18.

To tide you over meanwhile, please do feel free to check out Ouroboros - the free version is still available on my blog. ^-^

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Yay a new update! Praise be Sierra!
A thousand thanks for this newest update. :toot: :yes:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Actually, I already really liked the way text color changes to green for the elvish language. It always made it clear when a word or statement was in another language. Really looking forward to playing this update.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Version 0.21.2 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2016/11/tls-0212-public-release.html

Also, if anyone missed the release of Ouroboros, it's now available on itch.io as well, and the DLsite version is just awaiting approval. More info here:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/p/ouroboros-20.html

I hope to be back with more info and releases in good time. Until then, enjoy! ^-^

Also, am I missing something, or is it no longer possible to update thread titles here? If so, can a mod just remove the [updated date] part of the title?

Reactions: Number13

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Annnnnnd done! That was a fun excursion, now to wait for the guides to update so I can find all the stuff I probably missed (like that metal chest in the First Root maze).

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Annnnnnd done! That was a fun excursion, now to wait for the guides to update so I can find all the stuff I probably missed (like that metal chest in the First Root maze).

There was a metal chest? The only loot I saw was the skeletons.

I will say that I wish talking to the high priestess again was actually what prompted casting the purification spell. Instead it's cast automatically when you leave after talking to her the first time which seemed like a glitch the first time it happened to me. Since both other purification rituals involve finding the source, and then leaving a magic symbol at the source, I was thrown off by that. Other than that this update was a ton of fun to play through.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
There was a metal chest? The only loot I saw was the skeletons.

It's in the bottom rightish part of the map, you can barely see it behind some trees. I assume you need to activate the pillars in a specific way to reach it, but I was too lazy to bother at the time.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
Yes but you need to activate specific pillars to open the way (shift the tree out the way)
Not to get the chest. In order to get the Sx from all the skeletons, yes, but the path to the chest is open to begin with - it's just hidden.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
An interesting update. It seems like there will be another play through the region in the future so I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

With the next update being a smaller update focusing on Yhilin, will there be some new investment opportunities?

Wonder where Simon will travel to next? Aram? The Dwalven kingdoms? Arandelle :p

Also, did Min leave with the party when you persuade her to travel to Yhilin or did she travel by herself?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
With the next update being a smaller update focusing on Yhilin, will there be some new investment opportunities?
Possibly, but this won't be a whole new round of investment. Though you will get a new 100% of your discretionary budget for Yhilin-based investment.

Wonder where Simon will travel to next? Aram? The Dwalven kingdoms? Arandelle :p
As with the update just before the elven one, I'll throw in the nature of the next section at the end, so you'll find out. ^-^

Also, did Min leave with the party when you persuade her to travel to Yhilin or did she travel by herself?
She went with the party, I just didn't give her any lines there since I wanted to focus on the conversation of the main party.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
After a break from the game I have started to reply it and it is great as usual ^_^

There is, however, one thing I noticed, but since it is from the second chapter I will try to put it in spoiler brackets:
in Yarras route, there is the Succubus hunt and the Unnamed King placed 7. there. But since the butterfly where actually a cover for the actual event, you would think that he would be marked as not participating..

Minor thing, really, but it kinda bothered me.. :D
Also, not sure if it has been asked somewhere, but do you plan to have multiple endings?

Well, looking forward to trying the second path of the newest content =)
Back to the game and thanks again for it! =)

EDIT:
I just noticed something.. Kais questlog says that the "Crystal of Ivala" has been stolen.. will we ever stumble upon it or are the starter "quests" just fluff?

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Okay, this should be the last bugfix version for this update. If you played through the previous one without issue, then you can ignore this, the version you played was fine. People who made certain choices (skipping Altina entirely, for example) may not have been able to play everything, however, so this version should help them. New downloads in the same place as before:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2016/11/tls-0212-public-release.html

Hope everyone has a good day, whether you're celebrating Thanksgiving or not! ^-^

After a break from the game I have started to reply it and it is great as usual ^_^

There is, however, one thing I noticed, but since it is from the second chapter I will try to put it in spoiler brackets:
in Yarras route, there is the Succubus hunt and the Unnamed King placed 7. there. But since the butterfly where actually a cover for the actual event, you would think that he would be marked as not participating..

Minor thing, really, but it kinda bothered me.. :D
Also, not sure if it has been asked somewhere, but do you plan to have multiple endings?

Well, looking forward to trying the second path of the newest content =)
Back to the game and thanks again for it! =)

EDIT:
I just noticed something.. Kais questlog says that the "Crystal of Ivala" has been stolen.. will we ever stumble upon it or are the starter "quests" just fluff?
Glad you're enjoying it! Some responses:
1) Succubus Hunt: That's a fair point, I was thinking that Yarra and company were representatives enough that they still put them on the listing.
2) Endings: This game is not going to do a branching paths, several discrete endings thing. However, the game's ending will have variability based on your decisions. Some decisions already made will have an impact, and later in the plot you'll be able to make decisions that shape even more.
3) The starter quests are entirely tongue-in-cheek. Kai thinks there is something called the "Crystal of Ivala" but there is not.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.22.0 has just been released to patrons!

No screenshots this time, my schedule is a little tight due to the season, but you can read more about the update here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2016/12/tls-0220-released.html

Also, if you aren't on Patreon, you probably missed the piece of fanart someone commissioned of Simon and Yarra, so I'll put it here:
tumblr_inline_ohmx88lIDg1t538yh_500.jpg

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
An update so soon? Christmas came early! (Still got to wait for the public release, but a week is a tiny amount of time to wait for good content)