The Last Sovereign

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Rofl that smug yet mischievous look on her face.
Haha, yeah, I enjoy getting a lot of use out of that expression.

I feel like there are far too many real world applications to this statement. Also, NEW UPDATE! :) I'm always so excited to see a notification about you replying to this thread.
Thanks! This update gets into Zirantian politics, and I kept thinking that people could interpret things in strange ways, but I promise it's all just the setup I thought was best for this part of the plot... >.>

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Looking forward to the new version. Just to ask, has Simon been captured or something? Reason I'm asking is because he wasn't used for any of the CG you showed.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Looking forward to the new version. Just to ask, has Simon been captured or something? Reason I'm asking is because he wasn't used for any of the CG you showed.
The party has split into two groups for Zirantia, and by coincidence, Simon wasn't present for any of those screenshots. He actually has a presence in both groups, though.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Congrats on the update and the interview! Looks like things are getting better :D

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Version 0.23.1 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2017/01/tls-0231-public-release.html

Version 0.23.0
- New section of the story added, beginning the Zirantian section.
- Two new sex scenes.
- The previous iteration of Ari-Yhilina has been updated, adding more potential affection.
Version 0.23.1
- The usual bugfixes and polishing.
- Additional flavor text added to palace room and the crypt.
- Thanks to Lamsey for fixing and converting a lot of musical tracks. If you noticed any minor audio glitches before, those should be fixed now thanks to him!
- Thanks to Decanter, we have a new Funai sprite that matches her coloring better.
- Since the "optimize" option does not really optimize in a game with multiple stats on equipment, it has been renamed. Thanks to HarmlessArachnid for volunteering his scripting knowledge, even if it didn't get used in the end. The discussions and contributions of players help me keep polishing all the details. ^-^

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Played the new section and while it was good it felt a bit short, particularly Wyn's section. I presume the next section will be longer, like it was for the two elven sections with the open world elven section being, or at least feeling, longer.

Have to agree. Bunny girl was the best. What I presume is an Orc girl is interesting as well.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I really liked the new update, Zirantia is pretty. Found the blatant sexism within Zirantia a bit jarring though, since pretty much no one else had much to say about women in any other culture, but I guess it was just a matter of time to run into a culture that did that. Real excited for the second half of this, since I'd like to see what all the NPC's outside the palace say if Simon is there to talk to them.

Uyae was an odd one, but she's a great fighter so whatever; doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of her, something is off about her and not just due to her simple speech patterns.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.24.0 has just been released to patrons!

In addition to wrapping up all the Zirantian politics, in this update you'll get to visit that ruin everyone's been talking about:
DHkmWY4.png

There's also a new mechanic, a dungeon where the party is split up into two groups and has to work together to proceed:
gvz9VxH.png

And finally:
RYsQSFc.png

You can expect this version to be posted here in a week!

Reactions: EmperorG

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
That was fast. Trying to clear up your schedule for Valentines day? And I'm assuming "fuckety-fuck" is a reference to something Qum said otherwise I can't imagine Simon saying it.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
That was fast. Trying to clear up your schedule for Valentines day? And I'm assuming "fuckety-fuck" is a reference to something Qum said otherwise I can't imagine Simon saying it.
I try to get the releases out in this many weeks, sometimes it just takes a little longer! As for the line, you'll find out. ^-^

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Now that the Zirantian section is finished I think I'm going to start a second save using the walkthrough for a perfect run.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
My experience is that there's always a trade off. I built myself a spreadsheet with all the RP's, trying to maximize gains. In doing so, I discovered that the greatest RP gains overall results in a path in which Aka has not yet reached 100% by Zirantia! Which means a less-than-ideal run through the battle of Yhilin, a -1 RP loss with Ginasta, and several other points that seem likely to be more painful in the long run than maxed RPs.

Or take the Qum conundrum (Qumnundrum?). Do you whore Qum out for an extra 5k and ongoing relationship issues? Or refuse for the extra 5 RP? Both have surprisingly far reaching consequences.

In other words, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'perfect' run. If you find it, let me know.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
My experience is that there's always a trade off. I built myself a spreadsheet with all the RP's, trying to maximize gains. In doing so, I discovered that the greatest RP gains overall results in a path in which Aka has not yet reached 100% by Zirantia! Which means a less-than-ideal run through the battle of Yhilin, a -1 RP loss with Ginasta, and several other points that seem likely to be more painful in the long run than maxed RPs.

Or take the Qum conundrum (Qumnundrum?). Do you whore Qum out for an extra 5k and ongoing relationship issues? Or refuse for the extra 5 RP? Both have surprisingly far reaching consequences.

In other words, I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'perfect' run. If you find it, let me know.

Well, I already whored Qum out in my current "mean Simon" run along with breaking both Val and Altina. I was thinking more investment wise though, as some investments will have greater returns than others. I also missed one of the shining swords and there's a couple political choices I want to redo. Obviously there is no true perfect run in a game where many choices have benefits and consequences, and I doubt the optimum route will be possible to discover until the game is completely finished.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well Zirantia was fun, and I really liked the resolution with Uyae's character. Can't wait for the next Yhilin episode, so I can see what things I might need to rework investment wise.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that TLS version 0.25.0 has just been released to patrons!

This one is another return to Yhilin, and I hope this will be a satisfying one. Some things that have been promised for a very long time will finally happen this update, but I'll let you see those for yourself. This update might be covering known territory, but it will also get to some new things:
0KZPu8V.png

This game may not be all custom content, but I do try to make full use of whatever I can. I'm particularly happy to include that succubus nun - the player's actions are having an effect on the world that will only increase over time.

Meanwhile, this update is about bringing together combinations of characters that will shed new light on things:
CmvZMRT.png

You'll also get a few new maps, and more relevantly, new political manipulations and a chance to use Trin's skills again:
CUh7xUn.png

And finally, a question we should all ask in our heart of hearts:
myD8Hz4.png

This update will be released publicly in two weeks - please note the difference from the usual schedule. The reason is that next week there will be a second Patreon update featuring some code fixes and a new feature. More about this in a later post, I think it will be a fun addition.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I'm looking forward to this.

Just asking, when is the next time Robin will learn a new battle skill? It's been awhile.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015

Just asking, when is the next time Robin will learn a new battle skill? It's been awhile.

I don't think that any more skills are coming. Robin is, at heart, a theoretical mage and such, she is way more interested in Research that using her formidable intellect in designing new combat spells.

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
I don't think that any more skills are coming. Robin is, at heart, a theoretical mage and such, she is way more interested in Research that using her formidable intellect in designing new combat spells.
I agree with this from a lore/story perspective, but from a gameplay/mechanics perspective, I think #13 has a point. Robin is currently our most powerful single-focus mage (as opposed to Altina, who is more wide-focused), and though the lances were extremely powerful when they were first acquired, both Robin and Altina are starting to feel a little less powerful at this point. Of course, because of the way Sierra has balanced the game, that means five or six turns to kill an enemy, rather than one-shotting everything, so it's not like they're outmatched. They just don't feel quite as... magical.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015

She's learned all the skills she'll gain from leveling, but she's scheduled to gain something via the plot. Also stay tuned for an update regarding a system that will result in a variety of new skills.

I except a full conversation on how she puts on the veil through her horns. :colbert:
I shall dedicate multiple updates to this subject.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
so i personally want to know what character you most identify with sierra
Simple question, but I'm afraid I don't have a simple answer. I have never personally been very interested in identifying with characters, in other fiction or in my own work. I've often wished that characters were more rational and less impulsive, and I think that preference is overwhelmingly obvious in TLS. But that isn't really because I want to read about characters I can identify with, more that I think stories are less interesting when the protagonists are very emotional and impulsive.

So I don't have any single answer to that question. There are a ton of characters who have some piece of me in them, though, enough that I'd end up listing a large portion of the cast. That may not be a very satisfying answer, but it's what I've got. ^-^