The Last Sovereign

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Just put out another patron-only release!

Version 0.25.1
- New synergy skill system introduced!
- The bug with restarting the game via F12 has been fixed.
- Assorted bugfixes and polishing.

The release schedule is unusual because I wanted to take the time to implement a new system: synergy skills. These allow party members to use new skills when another character is in the party. For example, if Robin is in the same party, Aka will gain a fire elemental stabbing skill. I think this is a fun way to expand the game mechanically and build on the relationships between party members.

Here are the party's private training grounds, featuring an area you haven't seen in quite a while:
tjimV3x.png

Expect more of these as the game goes on! We're currently brainstorming the whole system's balance and many specific skills in a special Patreon thread, so feel free to stop by there if you're on the right tier.

Next public release is on Friday, see you then!

Drak

Jun 8, 2016
it looks fun :). i also half expected that answer since it is a story you wrote, if you can't see yourself in them they will turn out rather one dimensional in my opinion.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Cool, will make keeping party members alive even more important in battles if only for the ability to use synergized attacks. Also nice to see they reopened the entrance to the secret escape tunnel again. Though hopefully with added security to ensure no one uses it to come in like Simon and the gang did the first time round.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
EDIT: I keep forgetting to ask: can a mod change the title of this thread to remove the old release date?

Version 0.25.2 is here, enjoy!

https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2017/03/tls-0252-public-release.html

Version 0.25.0 [3/3/17]
- New iteration of Yhilin.
- Four new plot sex scenes.
- Three new affection sex scenes.
Version 0.25.1 [3/11/17]
- New synergy skill system introduced!
- The bug with restarting the game via F12 has been fixed.
- Assorted bugfixes and polishing.
Version 0.25.2 [3/17/17]
- More bugfixes and polishing.
- Hardcore hugging action added to the reunion section.

This update covers a very busy visit to Yhilin, plus the new system of synergy skills. Lots of fun content in this update, as well as a development I know may be controversial for some. As always, I welcome all feedback and criticism.

That covers it for this release, so I'll be beginning work on the next section of the plot. However, you're also going to see some other fun things here in the near future. So stay tuned for those, and meanwhile enjoy the release!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Really liking the new update, even if I had to replay Zirantia like 3 times to get all the variables right for the new stuff.

By the way, anyone who invested in the Sexual Combat Ring, where is it located? The NPC's imply its at a different location from the regular fighting ring, but I can't for the life of me find where it is. Or is it literally at the same place and I just misread the dialogue?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
The latest public build came out on the same day as Iron Fist, so I had to choose between binge-watching the latest Marvel series or playing TLS. I didn't start watching Iron Fist until late last night.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
By the way, anyone who invested in the Sexual Combat Ring, where is it located? The NPC's imply its at a different location from the regular fighting ring, but I can't for the life of me find where it is. Or is it literally at the same place and I just misread the dialogue?
Sorry, the sexual combat ring isn't an accessible location, just an investment. Maybe you'll have a chance to visit eventually...

The latest public build came out on the same day as Iron Fist, so I had to choose between binge-watching the latest Marvel series or playing TLS. I didn't start watching Iron Fist until late last night.
Glad it kept you playing!

Drak

Jun 8, 2016
I dunno about all that, but I do know you should post better.
ughh dropped my mouse to i have to rewrite this.... few questions, i funded the elves rebuilding will i be able to see that improvement, i already reinforced the aram border, if i send more troops will that improve my defense there. also if i fund the road infastructure will that lower the cost of reinforcing my borders.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
ughh dropped my mouse to i have to rewrite this.... few questions, i funded the elves rebuilding will i be able to see that improvement, i already reinforced the aram border, if i send more troops will that improve my defense there. also if i fund the road infastructure will that lower the cost of reinforcing my borders.

1) The elves comment on the investment if you do it but that's all you get, unless you meant you rebuilt the elven ghetto after it burned down, in which case yes you do get to see that improvement.

2) I think you can only chose to reinforce the Aram border once. Also not even the folks at the wiki yet know what funding the border defense does so yeah.

3) I don't think anything lowers or raises the border defense from 50%, the wiki's page on investments sure doesn't mention anything of the sort. Though some other projects are affected by variables or previously invested projects.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015

1) In the blog, SL says:

You'll get to see more changes to the elven ghetto eventually, but not part of the Yhilin iterations.[...]
2)So far there are no possibilities to reinforce the borders further. And we no had any idea about the consequences of doing it, but it's plausible that we will know more in the next update.

3)No. Both projects are not related.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Do you like statistics? I do! =D I find it really interesting to know more about the kinds of people who are interested in my games. So on that note, I'd be happy if you wanted to fill out this survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...7aeiVwgQ-DxHX501OGXFTn0A/viewform?usp=sf_link

All information is anonymous and ALL QUESTIONS ARE OPTIONAL. The survey is not intended to be invasive and none of the data can be used in an exploitative way. This is information for information's sake.

If you're a patron, please fill out the version of this survey linked on Patreon instead of this one.

I proposed this idea on Patreon last week and just made the post public now. Click through if you want to see the discussion or find out what the top ten countries interested in TLS are! Those numbers are just based on blog traffic, though... if you fill out the survey, maybe we can get better data! ^-^

Hiccup

Dec 13, 2016
I need to play this again, I've forgotten about it but i do remember playing it. Time to go fall down the rabbit hole!

Edit - After 5 hours of playing I managed to get to chapter 2. Now I'm tired, but it was fun at least. I didn't read much of the sex scenees, although I do like reading - just got tired towards the end.

Some battles took a while before I had to look on the wiki for some help and the one battle in the castle before the queen was a pain but I got through it finally.

Last edited:

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
It's worth the playthrough. Ive been a supporter since before Simon agreed to become an Incubus King, and its been awesome to watch the game and characters evolve and grow.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I'm curious, lady Lee.
Will you say something about the surveys results?
Like common sentiments or most surprising answers?
After answering it, I became kinda curious how the rest thinks :D

Hiccup

Dec 13, 2016
I got the furtherest I've ever been in this game, chapter 3 after the battle and to the forest! It took a lot of savescumming to do some battles but I did it~ although I know what to do the next time I start over/play again. I did sink 10 hours into it and my save time is like 300 oop.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I'm curious, lady Lee.
Will you say something about the surveys results?
Like common sentiments or most surprising answers?
After answering it, I became kinda curious how the rest thinks :D
I'll definitely make a big post about the results! So far we've gotten more than 750 responses, it would be a shame to just read them myself and not share any interesting conclusions.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Just put out another patron-only release!

Version 0.26.0
- New section setting the stage in Eustrin and Aram.
- Two new plot sex scenes.
- Party switching mechanics implemented in preparation for upcoming content.

In this section you're on an official visit to Eustrin, so prepare for dwarves. You've seen them a bit, but haven't really learned much about their culture...
vWHHFjk.png

You won't be spending the entire time in tunnels, though, as your mission requires you to work with Aram as well. Anyone remember the characters introduced there ages ago? They're back!
ZoE9urQ.png

This is also the update where we explore more of Aram's culture, including some corners you haven't seen before:
QKbRSvU.png

And finally:
3D8kqTw.png

You can expect this version to be posted here in a week!

Big thanks to everyone who filled out surveys! I've just made my Patreon post on the subject public. Feel free to read it if you want to see the results in considerable detail along with some analysis and the Patreon discussion of those results:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/8851324

But even if you don't read that, I hope you want to see the results of all the character voting! I decided to do it in the style of those manga popularity polls for fun. ^-^ Here it is:
PtA1868.jpg

Fogel

May 2, 2016
Yeay, statistics!
I would like to say 1 thing about your little brainstorming about Varia and Altina. Just to give some insight into a single mind

While I would never pick the Dominated/Less Sane versions, I do like having the option to choose it. And even if it doesn't really fit with the story, the option existing (and, even if the overall tone of the story steers you towards one of the options), having the option is great for immersion. It really lets you BE Simon, rather than just an observer watching him make all the decisions.
It's also what I like about the parts of the story that seem to branch, but don't (like at the start, when you get to pick a merchant to work with).

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
Will there be a new game plus when the game is finished going through with levels and more money and pron would be sweet

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Yeay, statistics!
I would like to say 1 thing about your little brainstorming about Varia and Altina. Just to give some insight into a single mind

While I would never pick the Dominated/Less Sane versions, I do like having the option to choose it. And even if it doesn't really fit with the story, the option existing (and, even if the overall tone of the story steers you towards one of the options), having the option is great for immersion. It really lets you BE Simon, rather than just an observer watching him make all the decisions.
It's also what I like about the parts of the story that seem to branch, but don't (like at the start, when you get to pick a merchant to work with).
Thanks for the feedback!

Will there be a new game plus when the game is finished going through with levels and more money and pron would be sweet
This is a somewhat common request, but I'm not sure. Unlike some games made to utilize a New Game Plus mode, with TLS I don't know how much it would add to the experience.

[Blank]

Sep 5, 2016

Personally, I don't think this game has a lot of re-playability. Don't get me wrong, tt's one of the best games I've ever played by far, but the game's deep story making the playtime rather long, combined with the fact that most of the choices you make don't drastically change the overall storyline (so far) just doesn't make replaying it worth it. There is the argument that a new game plus would add more content but if that's what you want I honestly think you're better off asking for a sequel (Which is what I want, I'm biased, I know.) or a spin-off depending on whether or not everyone dies in the end. However, that's just my input on a new game plus.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I remember you said earlier Sierra, might have been last year, that you were going to make a prequel to TLS. Is that still happening?