The Last Sovereign

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Brooms are serious business.

And I found a cultist :D

On a different not, while there are three (known) continents, are there any islands in the Game?

Also, when I was in a fight and used Support Allies (I called it that) it came up a support servants. I think that's a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
@Guile: Hmm, this may be a tricky one. First, make sure you've gone through the debug event then saved. After that, you may want to wait for 0.17.4 when I finish its various aspects. I can't guarantee it will fix your issue, but it has a better chance.

@Number13: Yes, there are islands. Some are just used as waypoints between continents and won't be terribly relevant, but there's also some that will come up in the story: for example, there's an archipelago off the coast of Zirantia.

(And yes, that skill having the wrong name is a bug that will be fixed.)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Just finished re-playing (seriously, the game is addicting, 20 hours and I would like to see at least 30 hours of more content to be added) and noticed when I obtained the Incubus king helmet that the Incubus king armour was not in the hey items section. Is this a bug or did something happen to it earlier?

Will you make any more tier limits on your Patreon?

Also, are there any holidays celebrated within the world of the game?

And while I seriously doubt you'll involve this, will there be any aliens in the game (apart from the Chosen :D ).

And while I was on LOK forums, I noticed this pic of a Dwarf NPC on your first page.

file.php

Is this character going to be used in the game? Also, will Simon have a dwarf joining him eventually?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Forget a dwarf, will we ever get Sarai to leave the church and join our harem?  We're going to be taking over Yihilin anyways.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Forget a dwarf, will we ever get Sarai to leave the church and join our harem?  We're going to be taking over Yihilin anyways.

We kinda need her to remain in her position if we do take Yihilin, which she can't do if she gets laid, though if we failed and needed to bail out of the country we would probably take her with us then.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hmm, this set of questions is getting into plot stuff, which you'll find out in time. Some selective answers:

Incubus King Armor: I can't say for sure, because I don't know the particulars of your game, but I'm pretty sure this item isn't bugged in any way.

Patreon tiers: Do you mean new support tiers, new goals, or something else? Either way, the answer is that I really haven't thought about this since the PR revamp last year. I tend to focus on the games themselves, but perhaps it will be necessary to modify some of this eventually.

Holidays: Yeah, all cultures have holidays. I actually reference one of the religious holidays in Robin's letter, way back early in the game. None of the others have really been relevant so far.

Aliens: Nope. =P Everybody in this story will be from this world and the spiritual realms surrounding it.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
While there aren't any Aliens (admittedly that would have been weird) what about other Supernatural beings?

By this I mean Vampires, Werewolves, Tengu, Savins, Cyborgs, etc.

Guile

Apr 2, 2016
Just finished re-playing (seriously, the game is addicting, 20 hours and I would like to see at least 30 hours of more content to be added) and noticed when I obtained the Incubus king helmet that the Incubus king armour was not in the hey items section. Is this a bug or did something happen to it earlier?

I believe I still have my Incubus armor, so probably a bug on your end.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I believe I still have my Incubus armor, so probably a bug on your end.

Seems to be. I have 2 different saves from 2 different playthroughs and it's not appearing in either of them. And it's not from when I get the armour, as in one playthrough I got it in Chapter 1 and the other chapter 2.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
While there aren't any Aliens (admittedly that would have been weird) what about other Supernatural beings?

By this I mean Vampires, Werewolves, Tengu, Savins, Cyborgs, etc.

Savin is a supernatural being? Wut

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
No destined orphans in this game. =P

So what you're saying is the Church does not have every Chosen's parents assassinated as part of their orchestrated origin story.

Seems to be. I have 2 different saves from 2 different playthroughs and it's not appearing in either of them. And it's not from when I get the armour, as in one playthrough I got it in Chapter 1 and the other chapter 2.

You have 99 save slots and two saves?

Yes, I am saying that. Pretty sure Savin is :D  

When they called him an anal fiend, that's not the kind of fiend they meant. :p

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
should of released this update on shark week obv

For actual feedback, weirdly it seems like a steady clip of my inventory is missing afterwards. At least, I'm pretty sure I didn't sell all my sex toys. My elf has also gone up and disappeared from the fighting roster, though she said hello back as the meet-up house at least. Probably took my stuff, too.

The failsafe ward boss is pretty cruel. I went through the Hole without saving and then came across a tight timing boss when mysteriously both Simon and Robin had no mana. At the very least don't take Robin's mana away!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
should of released this update on shark week obv

For actual feedback, weirdly it seems like a steady clip of my inventory is missing afterwards. At least, I'm pretty sure I didn't sell all my sex toys. My elf has also gone up and disappeared from the fighting roster, though she said hello back as the meet-up house at least. Probably took my stuff, too.

The failsafe ward boss is pretty cruel. I went through the Hole without saving and then came across a tight timing boss when mysteriously both Simon and Robin had no mana. At the very least don't take Robin's mana away!

The mana loss is due to the wards you disable before hand in the Hole. The divine ward drains Carina, the sexual one drains Simon, and the arcane one drains Robin. You have time to restock your mana just fine before hand, though an easier way is to simply not use those three for fighting your way into the Hole itself, so you have spare mana once you meet the failsafe ward. (P.s. its weak to fire, two hits of fire lance from robin would devastate it)

You have 99 save slots and two saves?

When they called him an anal fiend, that's not the kind of fiend they meant. :p

Jeez I have around 60-70 saves and that's with me holding back!

Also Savin is the Master Analmancer, so I suppose he could be seen as a supernatural being.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Oh no, I'm aware of how they lose mana. It's just something quietly done and has been quietly done in multiple instances around the game. Which is annoying.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Oh no, I'm aware of how they lose mana. It's just something quietly done and has been quietly done in multiple instances around the game. Which is annoying.

I'm not sure how quietly it was done.  Much like the Thaumaturgical Academy exam, it was made pretty clear in the dialog that some mana would be spent doing this (at least it seemed clear to me).  And even then Robin had plenty of mana to deal with the failsafe when I played through that part despite also being in my main party on approach.  I had more trouble with the optional pier mission because of those damn moths.  Those were worse than the spider house and the demon pit combined.  I'm starting to think Sierra is a sadist that likes to see how much pain players will go through to complete everything.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I'm not sure how quietly it was done.  Much like the Thaumaturgical Academy exam, it was made pretty clear in the dialog that some mana would be spent doing this (at least it seemed clear to me).  And even then Robin had plenty of mana to deal with the failsafe when I played through that part despite also being in my main party on approach.  I had more trouble with the optional pier mission because of those damn moths.  Those were worse than the spider house and the demon pit combined.  I'm starting to think Sierra is a sadist that likes to see how much pain players will go through to complete everything.

That optional port is Satan's private torture chamber, up until there I could go through literally every fight without resorting to items, but that godforsaken port was an utter bitch to beat. I not only had to resort to items, but I ran out of mana items /and/ had all my characters run out of mana. Each and every one of those monsters was diabolical in their own right. (Except the squids, those were simply very tough, not literally satan like the other two)

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Regarding mana: Mainly I'm going for less story/gameplay separation. If the characters are using a lot of magic in the plot, I feel like they should also lose actual MP. I do try to have this established as a convention players can be aware of, but perhaps some reminder dialogue in the Hole would be advisable.

Regarding sadism: I'm honestly just trying to create occasional challenges that require good strategy even for fully-equipped parties. To that end, in the coming version 0.17.4, the hidden port is being made somewhat easier since I think I overshot my goal. If I was being sadistic, you'd be sure about it. ^-^

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
If I was being sadistic, you'd be sure about it. ^-^

Well, that's a frightening thought.  The adaman snails were a pain because they lower attack/magic, but they also do so little damage on their own that the 4 snail monster party was more annoying than difficult.  But those freaking moths and their party wide paralyze, sleep, poison, confusion, and whatever other status effects dust were insane.  Then they'd steal Robin's mana (always Robin's) like they knew her magic was the biggest threat.  I can't imagine a more infuriating enemy that can still be beaten.

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
Regarding sadism: I'm honestly just trying to create occasional challenges that require good strategy even for fully-equipped parties. To that end, in the coming version 0.17.4, the hidden port is being made somewhat easier since I think I overshot my goal. If I was being sadistic, you'd be sure about it. ^-^

Those damn moths are what did it. The fights were mostly somewhat difficult but winnable. Unless of course a moth got a good roll and paralyzed/slept 2 or 3 party members. Only way I got past the fight with 2 moths was to load+fight over and over until I could kill one before my entire party was out of action. Fuck those moths.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Those damn moths are what did it. The fights were mostly somewhat difficult but winnable. Unless of course a moth got a good roll and paralyzed/slept 2 or 3 party members. Only way I got past the fight with 2 moths was to load+fight over and over until I could kill one before my entire party was out of action. Fuck those moths.

The moths are easier to deal with if you have the Givini pin or barrier pin equipped as an accessory. They virtually block the statue affects.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
For anyone who doesn't know, Sierra has posted version 0.17.4 on her profile, and some info on what she currently doing with the game.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Some new questions (I was bored).

What type of cultures are you planning later in the game. We've mostly seen Medieval European and I think I remember you saying that you plan for one of the countries following a Japanese theme but what about the others?

Examples include Norse, Roman, Egyptian, Pirate (Golden age of piracy), Indian, Thai, Aztec, a whole multitude of different cultures.

Like I asked earlier, will there be any new supernatural beings like Vampires, Werewolves, Tengu, Savins, Cyborgs, etc.

And I'm just asking, but like how you made a April Fool's of the Prologue will you possibly make a Halloween version as well?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
1) Cultures are somewhat limited by what RPG Maker resources are available. You'll see some Japanese, Arabian, and Norse elements, though obviously I hope to do more with culture than just take elements from real world cultures.

2) You've seen the majority of the kinds of supernatural beings that exist. Don't expect any cyborgs. =P

3) The joke version got a mixed reception, so I doubt I'll spend much time on future alternate versions. I'm... not sure what I would do with a Halloween version.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
1) Cultures are somewhat limited by what RPG Maker resources are available. You'll see some Japanese, Arabian, and Norse elements, though obviously I hope to do more with culture than just take elements from real world cultures.

2) You've seen the majority of the kinds of supernatural beings that exist. Don't expect any cyborgs. =P

3) The joke version got a mixed reception, so I doubt I'll spend much time on future alternate versions. I'm... not sure what I would do with a Halloween version.

1. Makes sense. It will be interesting to see what Zirantian culture will be like.

2. Damn about no cyborgs. I was hoping to see Simon become the Fullmetal Incubus King :p  

The main supernatural beings I would want to see are vampires......as long as they don't sparkle -_- ' 

Although what about supernatural beasts, like dragons and Kirin?

3. I myself really like the April fools version, to bad it got mixed reception.

And a Halloween version.....would be a Horror, most likely.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
The main supernatural beings I would want to see are vampires......as long as they don't sparkle -_- '

Knowing Sierra, we'll come across some sparkly vampire wannabe that everyone makes fun of and is super easy to beat at some point.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Knowing Sierra, we'll come across some sparkly vampire wannabe that everyone makes fun of and is super easy to beat at some point.

True. Or this sparkly Vampire is made into some weird plot important character.

whisperofwraiths

Apr 11, 2016
This Ardford orgy scene that I've been hearing about . . . I've done the four threesome scenes (tent, basement, bar, bath). At what point after that does the orgy trigger?