The Last Sovereign

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
So I have already asked this question but i just wanted another hint after all this time. Is the chosen in the elves region cause I swear I have been every where at this rate looking for him XD

He is located in the 'First Root' area, which is only unlocked if you gained a high enough concession against the Mother guard during the Gawnfall Councill.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Sorry for the delay responding; I've been swamped with stuff.

Well, after having a Hiatus for about 2 years from TLS I replayed the game......and once again am reminded why this is one of the best games ever written. You really do create games that draw you in Sierra.

Looking forward to the future updates along with the new games you are creating.

I do have a couple of questions though after replaying.

Will we get to update the bottom left or top right of the lower floor of Simon's castle?

Will Ivastan reappear soon?

Were the Orc mines the only new investment after Gawnfall?

Is Estevan an Isekai character, aka a character from another world/reality entirely? Some of the comments involving him, along with him introducing bunny outfits, seem to give evidence he is.

Will we get to battle any of these powerful monsters that are meant to roam the oceans? And will underwater locations make any appearances, like a coral reef, sunken ship or secret underwater city?

When will Sarai learn about Wendis. That would be a hilarious interaction.

Are there any broom like enemies that are within the spatial regions?

And on a different note, which of your characters do you identify with most?
Thanks for the kind words! I'll reply in order:
1) Do you mean you want more customization for those rooms? Nothing was particularly planned for them, aside from new party members in the lower left.
2) You'll have to wait a little bit on Ivastan.
3) Investments question was already answered.
4) Nobody is from any other world, but Estaven is a parody of those types of characters in some ways.
5) There are no secret underwater cities, but the oceanic hints are there for a reason.
6) Haha, I'm looking forward to writing Sarai and Wendis meeting again.
7) There are zero broom enemies.
8) Most characters have pieces of me, but I wouldn't say I particularly identify with any of them.

Reactions: blargballs

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
1) Do you mean you want more customization for those rooms? Nothing was particularly planned for them, aside from new party members in the lower left..

Mostly just if there was going to be any future investments to upgrade these areas.

I'm disappointed there are no broom enemies.

And thank you for the reply

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Saw the new post on the blog and of you want to make the rest of chapter 4 better, you need to add more broom related content. It would be good to add more broom related content to your other works as well and have everyone understand THE POWER OF THE BROOM!

On a serious note, with the potential of art coming in, will we be able to re-view art from earlier in the game? As I've already did another playthrough last month I don't want to have to do another one so soon after starting my current one.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New TLS update for patrons! After spending a while rewriting the end of the chapter to my satisfaction, I'm prepared enough to lay the foundation for the big final conflict. This update also includes a decent amount of side content that I worked on while I was spinning my wheels on the core plot stuff. For example...

eCZNYoJ.png

That 5,000,000 ProN investment? It leads to an optional dungeon, and I think it's one of the nastier ones I've designed. I put a lot of work into this to try to require more strategies than normal.
faiyWcu.png

There's also a new dungeon to help gather materials, including a new mechanic I hope will be fun. But don't think this update is all secondary concerns...
CYwNUvh.png

You'll revisit Stenai because it's time to make a major decision about the upcoming war. After impending for a while, it's happening starting in the next update.
kpJorYw.png

I don't want to repeat the Third Arclentian War, so I've tried to design a major event that is satisfying while having a different flavor. Meanwhile, I hope everyone enjoys the update!

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
@Sierra Lee Completely off-topic question, kinda personal so please don't feel any need to answer if you don't want to. Purely out of curiosity, does your current partner (or last one) happen to know the dirty details about how you make a living these days? If/when you told them, what was their reaction?

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
It's a thought that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. What do the game authors, writers, artists, etc. tell their family and friends? "I work in game design. No, you can't see what I'm working on and never will." People get curious and start prying, and might eventually find out in a less-than-satisfactory manner. Sierra seems to be one of the more successful ones, with multiple WIP games, several releases, and now books, so I figured I'd ask here first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corrupted

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
It's a thought that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. What do the game authors, writers, artists, etc. tell their family and friends? "I work in game design. No, you can't see what I'm working on and never will." People get curious and start prying, and might eventually find out in a less-than-satisfactory manner. Sierra seems to be one of the more successful ones, with multiple WIP games, several releases, and now books, so I figured I'd ask here first.
You probably should have just made a new thread to ask, instead of singling Sierra out. Not everyone has the same experiences.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New TLS update for patrons! Though I didn't want to repeat myself with war events, this update doesn't skimp on the split party tactics and strategic decisions you'd expect:
vqUGpvZ.png

But beyond that, this event will resolve a large number of plots that I've been building up throughout this chapter, possibly not in the way you're expecting:
fMrXLv9.png

You'll also see some people who haven't shown up since the second chapter of the game:
qkBPsAN.png

And I'll leave Yarra to close out with a line that makes perfect sense in context:
1SiyZfF.png

I hope everyone enjoys the update!

bullcrush

Feb 27, 2016
i have always wondered why is it that if i am traveling with the whole group everyone dies if the four in the front line get beaten, cant the ones in the reserve just go and switch places when that happen?. also why cant we switch party members during a fight?

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
i have always wondered why is it that if i am traveling with the whole group everyone dies if the four in the front line get beaten, cant the ones in the reserve just go and switch places when that happen?. also why cant we switch party members during a fight?
The former is one of those Acceptable Breaks From Reality (specifically see Arbitrary Headcount Limit) you just have to deal with in RPGs. If that could happen, every battle encounter would have to be balanced around the fact that you have to lose your ENTIRE party to have any possibility of failure, so enemies would have to be so much stronger that losing characters would have to become a normal thing (or else just write off the combat as a speedbump), which I personally would find annoying. As for the latter, that's a matter of the game's systems- I think Final Fantasy X was the first game to allow this (or at least the first really notable one) and it was considered a major innovative feature of the combat system. I don't even know if RPGmaker allows it.