Stake a Claim (For Archangel99)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Take your time... I'll go back out and check if the others are... Uh... Unpetrified." He kisses her cheek and slaps her butt. "I'm actually kinda looking forward to this..." He murmurs in her ear before getting off the bed, getting dressed, and standing to leave. "Oh. I almost forgot. How did you manage to resist my hypnosis? I didn't go all out, but that's normally enough to turn most women into mindless sluts." He says, his head tilted to the side. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I'm a mesmer and geomancy. Earth magic and mind magic. Years of training and mental conditioning have made me a real tough cookie to crack. I felt the hypnosis early on and set up a fail safe by locking my senses in a mental barrier while the rest of my mind gave in to your words. It feels good to obey like that, but once I experienced release the barrier broke and my sense came flooding back. I should ask you the same thing...you have something inside you don't you?" 

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus is quiet for a while. "Yes. There's... Er..."

"Let me handle this. Her mind is strong enough to sustain the connection..." Kestral's voice whispers through his head. 

Dryvus sees the Lamia's eyes go wide with either surprise or terror, he can't tell which, as Kestral speaks directly into her mind. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Well hello there...who might you be to open such a connection telepathically? I can feel you...a demon...but older than time itself. What does a being of your power do around here?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"My name is Kestral Skaath, a primal demon. I was sealed in this mortal's body by his ancestors. He has been surprisingly accommodating, really. Most people would have committed suicide or tried to find some way to get me out. Not this one. I consider myself lucky, if such a thing exists, to have wound up with this one. Pretty strong will, actually. His ancestors went mad. He was the only one who tried to control me, and failing that, decided to work with me."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"A primal demon huh? That is a large title to hold. Kestral Skaath, never heard of you myself but given your age I am not surprised. So you are sealed inside this other demon? A demon in a demon? That seems rather odd but I am sure reasons were given. So you get to continue existing and what does he get from you other than mental protection? I doubt you two are friends."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"He was a human at one point. This land changed him. And yes, I was thousands of years old even before they sealed me in his bloodline for another five hundred years. I was asleep long enough to forget even myself. Until that one fateful day when he couldn't resist having sex with a succubus, who just so happened to know what he was talking about. And, you could hardly call us friends. What I do, basically, is twist the desires of those who come to me and bargain. Drive insane those who come to me looking for invincibility in battle, knowledge of spells, and whatnot. He came to me, asking to change his way of life. To turn from a killer into... Well... A rapist. Equally brutal, yes? And anyway, he doesn't seem to mind. He's been having sex since he got here." Kestral chuckles dryly. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"A rapist? So he is just like everyone else in this land? Hardly special. So it seems you are stuck with him and are trying to get the most out of him by making him rape people. Well, that sounds horribly boring. I guess we will be in contact with each other from here on out...I would say it is a pleasure to meet you...but I don't trust you at all for obvious reasons deal maker. Anyway, we are done here." With a snap she breaks the connection.

"Well, he is pleasent enough I suppose."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yeah well he grows on you." Dryvus mutters, scratching the back of his neck. "So what did you guys talk about? He wasn't exactly letting me in on the conversation." He says, smiling. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Just some introductions, explanations on who he was and all that. Nothing really important. Now then, I need to gather some crystals, your friends should be awake by now as well. I will catch up with you in just a few minutes."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Alright then." Dryvus turns and walks out, heading back to the cave where the others are. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Altra, Frasia and Hugo are awake and looking around confused. On sight of him, Altra and Frasia run over and hug him.

"Boss, thank goodness you are alright! What happened? A snake lady showed up and now we are here."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"You know, it might be better not to ask what happened when it concerns me getting into other people's pants." He says, chuckling dryly. "Nevertheless, she's a powerful mage, and she's coming with us." He says, hugging Frasia and Altra. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Oh, so she was friendly? That is great! A mage is always welcome!"

On que, the lamia shows up covered head to tail in red crystals. It looks like some crazy battle armor. "Alright, I have plenty of crystals and this should keep me warm as we move. I never gave you my name though. I am Jasper zephlin...Jessy is fine too."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Whoa. That's... Er... No comment. Anyway, welcome to the party, Jessy. You'll be meeting the others when we get back to the village." He says, walking past her. "Come on! Time to head back out into the freezer!" He calls out. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
With Hugo taking the lead and acting like a wind shield, the party makes great time in their journey back. They soon find themselves back in Frostnip village where Hugo quickly runs to Martha's house. The three have a happy reunion and thank Dryvus for his help, agreeing to stay put so he can easily fetch them when it is time to leave.

Back at Isabelle's house, Kresh'na and Willow happily greet the return of the others and greet Jessy with friendly hand shakes. Now, the party of six sits around isabelle's fire place, keeping the cold out. Altra is, as usual, in Dryvus's lap.

"So, we have four of the eight confirmed, one is apparently a mushroom man now and somewhere in the snow...so that leaves four more to find, two of which are held by the hyenas and the last is unknown."

"Yea....getting to the hyenas is not going to be easy big guy."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I am afraid my magic would be useless, as it seems they would see it as cheating."

"So we just have to get stronger to the point that we can beat whoever is holding the two men."

"And we need to find mushroom man. If he turned into a frost cap then he has to be somewhere in the snow. The only place left is the wild lands to the north..."

"The name alone is a warning chieftain...the north is not safe."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Wild lands normally means untamed. So rather than finding various people there who you can beat with a good fucking...there are probably wild creatures who want nothing more than to eat you for lunch. Frost wolves and yettis come to mind." 

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus smiles grimly. "Killing is second nature to me. She knows what I'm talking about..." He tilts his head to Frasia, not meeting her eyes. "And I have to try, don't I? I can't just give up. I know the chances that he even survived are very slim, but... I can't just give up without trying..." He murmurs.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Fine...but I am going with you, no questions Chieftain. I know what the hunt is like, I can and will help."

"Same here boss, I can fight!"

"Not this time Frasia...you use your fists, not good for wild creatures."

"I will go along then, my magic is powerful and can handle any beasts!"

The others nods. Altra, Frasia and Willow will stay behind this time.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I'll need to head back to Toy'la first. Get myself some proper weapons. Then we can go." He says, looking at Kresh and Jessy. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Isabelle comes down the stairs for the first time with Natalie and Amy behind her. "What is this about needing a proper weapon? Going to the wild lands are you?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
His lips pull to the side. "Heard that, did you? And yeah. Heading to the wild lands." He says, hugging Altra closer. She really did feel like a teddy bear...

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Altra pushes up against him, pulling her legs up to snuggle more into his chest and stomach.

"I got something you can use if you are going to that horrible place. You alright with a large weapon?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Isabelle moves down the hall and opens the closet door. She comes back with a large two handed sword. The blade is sharpened steel and maybe five feet on it's own. The hilt is a foot long and wrapped in brown leather. The hand guard is a basic design, but very sturdy.

"This was a gift. I will loan it to you if you want. I call it 'Grobin'"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Dryvus stands and takes the sword. It felt surprisingly light for something of its size... "Thank you so much, Issy." He murmurs. "This is a fine blade. Not too much decoration and crap. Plain and simple. I like it." He grins. 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Sturdy, simple and effective. That is what a weapon should be. Fancy weapons with decorations and pointless fancy appearances generally don't work as well."