Special Flags: Power Armor

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Power Armor as Couch said with inbuild drones in case of PC tech with dron spec giving bonuses to any sued drones would still be not so over the top when used by Merc/Smug but much stonger when inside sit Tech that makes maybe even whole power armor working on 110% of normal efficienty.

You completely misunderstand. The entire point is not statting these internalized drones as drones, for the specific purpose of not having to worry about the player's class when designing the armor. No extra attacks, no interaction with any present or future drone perks, nothing like that. The whole purpose of doing it this way is both to keep the armor from automatically being best-in-slot for drone techs and to comply with Fen's wishes that drone techs get better drone accessories than other characters.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I hate how much time has been spent on the multiple classes. Instead there should have just been "careers" which determined what items the PC started with but after that nothing.

Like I get that you guys all like classes in RPG but, eh, it just feels like an inordinate amount of time has been dedicated on class balancing and concerns.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
but what made you think that that "submission" was submitted or even ready to be submitted, especially when Brotherthat hasn't logged in in over 6 months?
I just remember it mentioned variously before the server switches. Left off with a "until ships get implemented" waaay back then, so I assumed.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
I hate how much time has been spent on the multiple classes. Instead there should have just been "careers" which determined what items the PC started with but after that nothing.

Like I get that you guys all like classes in RPG but, eh, it just feels like an inordinate amount of time has been dedicated on class balancing and concerns.
Yeah I hear this and I agree for the most part. Everyone tells me that mercs and smugglers are the bomb and can pwn anything. I play techie because it's what suits me and my headcannon of my character.

Reactions: Kesil

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Making one class and carriers was...wlel partialy done with CoC when PC had no class and by picking perks could be mage/warrior/rogue. Then we got TiTS that we got actual classes nad thus problems why X class better than Y and then with each major buff/nerf it shfts to other X and Y classes. Let hope whatever form PA will have it will be not this another shifting point unless it would be to somehow ends all this depates if one class totaly own other or one class is totaly shit compared to the rest.

And yeah I do misread you Couch, sorry for that.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Making one class and carriers was...wlel partialy done with CoC when PC had no class and by picking perks could be mage/warrior/rogue. Then we got TiTS that we got actual classes nad thus problems why X class better than Y and then with each major buff/nerf it shfts to other X and Y classes. Let hope whatever form PA will have it will be not this another shifting point unless it would be to somehow ends all this depates if one class totaly own other or one class is totaly shit compared to the rest.

And yeah I do misread you Couch, sorry for that.
Right, lets agree vehemently some more :p GRRR! You're so right! I'm gonna come over there and prove EXACTLY how right you are -_- Hehehe.
I do think that the way CoC was there was a lot of silliness of people trying WAY to hard and probably complaining about it when they COULDN'T (presumption there) get ALL the perks and be king kong billy badass.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Per usual that another peeble in garden called "how TiTS is antithesis of CoC". Now we not have players complain they can't get all perks cuz not enough high lvl enemies to grind enough XP to get high lvl enough to buy all missing perks to 100% completeness but that we got perks that totaly not fit on X or Y class. And now let see if PA will be antithesis of Valeria or not. I hope for only slight different that total/near total opposite one.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
when they COULDN'T (presumption there) get ALL the perks and be king kong billy badass.

You could, it was just counterintuitive and tedious: XP gain degraded by your current level, not by how much stored XP you had. Stay at level 1 and beat up minotaurs, get 820,000 XP banked, level up from 1 to 40 all in one go and buy every perk. You should absolutely never do this, but you could.

Personally I prefer something more akin to the Dragon Quest 6/7-style system, where classes are independent from character level and you can master all the classes if you really really want to, but there's no pressure to do so beyond completionism.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Is DQ 6/7 system similar to the one Alder used in FoE (grinindg exp seperately for MC lvl and for each job lvl's)?

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
I agree it does sound amazing, never played Dragon Quest since I only have a PC platform at the moment. Though as you @Xeivous said the system sounds neat.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I'd prefer some means to cross-class rather than job switching. Jobs worked well enough in DQ and FF Tactics, but those were party based games. What would change if we could just decide to be any one of the three classes we have at any point?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Given we not have any vastly diff equip used by any of the classes it would not be much of a change aside players starting to favor X class to solve Y hard part of the game like Lash or Amara fights.

Maybe idea to actualy try have classes in solo PC was sort of half forced way to make it feel like not totaly classless runs in Mareth...who knows what was true reason devs made classes. We ony have constant bickering of al 3 classes fans why their cass is seemly weakest (err ok it's more than 50% times tech players complaining).

TFMaster

Will the power armor be fully enclosed, or maybe just some of the varients? Also earlier in the topic people were talking about theories that Steele is actually power armor/mech controlled by spece hobgoblins/a fish, kinda sounds like a theory worthy of Colenso himself. Oh yeah! That reminds me of that scene from MIB where that one guys face opens up and there is an alien inside controling it.

P.S. Don't diss the Chief! He deserves your respect!

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
You could, it was just counterintuitive and tedious: XP gain degraded by your current level, not by how much stored XP you had. Stay at level 1 and beat up minotaurs, get 820,000 XP banked, level up from 1 to 40 all in one go and buy every perk. You should absolutely never do this, but you could.

Personally I prefer something more akin to the Dragon Quest 6/7-style system, where classes are independent from character level and you can master all the classes if you really really want to, but there's no pressure to do so beyond completionism.
I kinda meant that you couldn't get all the perks in TiTS not CoC. Which is sorta the point of what I was trying to say there >.>

I'd prefer some means to cross-class rather than job switching. Jobs worked well enough in DQ and FF Tactics, but those were party based games. What would change if we could just decide to be any one of the three classes we have at any point?
Haha FF Tactics was so easily broken BECAUSE of the classes. Well two in particular, calulators and mimes.

This is all starting to sound a LOT like multi-classing >.> which I have NEVER seen implemented in a way that didn't break a game. D&D being the PERFECT example. But then they doubled down and did half races >.<

I dunno about power armor. I like the way Gedan was talking about it as a thing that opened doors and helped you defend yourself. If we put too much else in, then it will become the hydra.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
I like the idea of splitting up the Power Armors into ones that grant different abilities. There are a few concerns I have though. How many tags are we going to have to create? One for each power armor so that it can do something special? Also, I'm assuming power armor is, more or less, form fitting. How realistic are we going to make that? If Steele goes from bipedal to quadrupedal, will they be able to wear the same suit? Or would there be a bipedal version and quadrupedal version?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If even Savin hasn't finished power armor for bipeds...

Well hey actually, Gedan might write it, lol.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nah it will be handwaved that Power Armors are so sophisticated things they autoadjust...with power of nanites ^^

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The writing for that adjustment will also be handwaved, I'm sure.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If so many things will end up handwaved wouldn't it ends up with PA been normal armors with flag saying it's power armor? I mean better go for simler solution but there should be some limit to making it more and more simple, right?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I think I should kinda throw my hat into the ring, this idea has been lagging back in my list of to-do's and I've been thinking of doing this but since it sounds like other people are already doing something like this it doesn't seem worth a shot. Note that this is directly quoted from my list and I was planning to include it into the future thread's starter paragraph but now... meh.

Idea 17: Reaper Shells of War, or RSOW for short: A branch of Reaper military tech that specializes in the creation of personalized form fitting mechanical suits. These are necessary for rushers that tackle on the biggest planetary threats that rushes have to offer. No they will not need en entire new combat system in place to use, they’re basically expensive out the ass powered armors that really beef up your output while replacing all your special abilities with whatever you install it with. Each installation will probably empty your credit account as well. They will however be a necessity if you want to win against the various enemies that will be included, oh you can beat them without the armor but you’ll need a lot of items and a lot of luck. No they’re not sexable, you’ll frickin die bruh! This isn’t sparrow’s universe! Even if you were a galotian you’ll barely be a cock ring. Will probably include a mech customization room in light of recent ship updates.

Mechs:

Armstrong:
A mech specializing in brute strength and solid armor, boosts base melee damage by 20(you're throwing mechanized punches if unarmed) and replaces shield value with a large pool of combat degradable armor(Like the female sydian).

EagleEye:
A mech specializing in accuracy and agility, boosts base range damage by 20(when unarmed instead of throwing rocks you throw boulders) and replaces shield pool by a smaller pool of combat degradable armor like the Armstrong's pool in exchange for a higher evasion rate.

CircuitDrive:
A mech specializing in shield generation and drone effectiveness boosts, all normal attacks are boosted by 10 points of energy damage and has a really large shield pool while boosting drone outputs by 20%.

All class perks that you may have attribute to the final output of the mechs, like a tech's shield related perks boosting the CircuitDrive shield. Although some mech types would fit better with some classes. They remove your relevant special abilities while you're wearing them and are replaced by abilities that you install it with. Installed abilities include stuff like "Gatling Arm" which is a low damage, low accuracy, hitting 15 times per usage attack or "Aegis" which makes an impenetrable forcefield between you and your enemy for the duration of the next turn or "OverDrive" which doubles your next hit with melee damage. Installations aren't mech specific.

Idea 18: Subject-137
[Sekritz]

Yes I'm weird when I'm not specifically talking to people, I write stuff down as if I might post it online someday so that I don't need to rewrite what my idea is. Seeing as the devs are already working on powered armor which is basically the same thing I can just scrap this idea completely.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Dude...I'm saying that a writer needs to physically write a Taur variant.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
@Preacher Ohh you had this idea somewhere in your pesonal gdoc or smth or posted it here somewhere?

I have a gdoc where I write down all of the ideas that pop up into my head, there are now 26 and it's been there since I became a member of the forums. Those that've seen my posts know about butt bugs, chiselme, plumpme and now RSOW. I'm not revealing the rest until they're done and in need of editors.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ahhh ok. Thought you posted those ideas somewhere on forum and I merely missed seeing them. I hope all of them are of same good quality as those ideas you so far revealed to us.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Ahhh ok. Thought you posted those ideas somewhere on forum and I merely missed seeing them. I hope all of them are of same good quality as those ideas you so far revealed to us.

I don't think I have the experience to be labeled as "good". I've been told my stuff still needs work by Savin himself, even though he did only see the very first scene I ever wrote and the codex. I'm currently rewriting some scenes to be on par with the latest scene so I hope it'll be good enough when I reintroduce it later on.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Sorry, I keep forgetting everyone's else's idea of power armor is non-sexual.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Soooo... what's the verdict on this? Yay or nay, shall I continue with the mechs I've stated above or will the dev's power armor overwrite any and all uber armor submissions? Was working on the Aphrodite armor(lust damage booster) and everything too, even a little mechanic for the mech shop.