Special Flags: Power Armor

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Wow... just me a few others started the derail train, I forgot how notorious the lot of people on these forums are at derailing threads :allears:

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
I'm sorry. Just, the thought of power armor drove me Warhammer 40K crazy. I can't help it, it is one of the best things ever! ._.
That and Slaanesh. He/she is one of the greatest things ever too.
Oh god there I go again!
*runs away from the inevitable bucket*
HAHA you are finally learning :D
@RanmaChan-snip-
Another good one of course is the lust attack combo. Bimbo Siegwulf, Grey Goo Armor Tease Assist, Gas Grenade (Lust Damage Perk) and Advanced Slut Ray (Double Shot) or Biowhip (Double Melee). When used in conjuction you can practically one-shot almost any enemy in a lust barrage; except sadly in Uveto, so whatever Range combo you have right now that works stick to that instead.
That lusty description would be nice . . . if it was actually a one turn thing. But you have to spend a turn telling Nova to go be a dancing lust machine THEN you get to do whatever attack.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Awww, oh well, with the exception of the vending machines I can totally understand. I mean when I think about it, it would be a monumental task already with the amount of gear you can have in storage and inventory. Yikes that would b a pain.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Only way for Power Armor to get art/bust would be Power Armor that is similar to Goo Armor. But then who can forsee if Savin will not get sad on his Goo Armor not been snowflake anymore?

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
Did someone say power armor?

This is actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread: the whole "it's a robot, no it's power armour" joke between the Boss and Kinzie. SRIV was a good game, though it strayed way off from what SR 1 2 and 3 were.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
But will it give you superpowers?
It would give you superpower-like abilities like, uh... strength. And speed?

But if anything like power armour were to be implemented 'nto TiTS, it would probably just provide major stat bonuses and shiz, but with downsides, of course. Things like slower movement speed (between tiles and in combat) and a libido/min lust increase with some kind of sexy +tease skill power armour. Though that would all probably vary with its type/mark/manufacturer/etc.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If power armor would requied periodicaly recharge like going back to ship to plug it in for hour or so long charge it could be boost PC stats without any other downsides.

@RanmaChan Or Javrin Mk. IV "Comando" Power Armor :p

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Arbitrary slowdowns or charging times don't really make any sense giving the setting. Hell if anything, power armor should make you faster as the armor carries it's own weight and that of all your crap on top of enhancing your physicals.

Though given that I carry around the hoverboard, I'm kinda getting the amusing mental image of my gigantic merc casually riding along on the hoverboard whilst covered in said power armor and carrying an lmg and a really nice spear.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@RanmaChan That was clever hidden reference. Comando skin for Javrin 4 from LoL. Somehow couldn;t use something form lol as joke for power armors. Thou I think none of LoL champs have theme for using power armors. Some are merely robots themselfs.

Yeah due to setting we probably not gonna get any downsides but then at same time power armors may not be so much powerful from similar non power armors.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
@Ormael Ah, that is why I didn't get it, I don't play LoL or any of those kinds of games like DoTA.

On topic: Power armor, by the name and definition, are powered suits of armor. They provide extra strength and speed to whoever wears them, as that is the boon that technology provides. The problem with this is how to balance it. You have something that essentially makes the character only more powerful, so how do you balance the game? Do you make every enemy stronger after that point, and assume that every PC is going to use the power armor, or do you give the armor some sort of drawback itself? If so, what drawback? I think a charge mechanic may be the best idea that people have had so far, and it is in line with what other games have done if you use power armor (*cough Fallout 4 *cough*).

Reactions: Brock

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Problem with charge mechanic is that will force player to go back to recharge stations and some (or maybe many) will be unhappy with this (ohh joyfull times of CoC when PC was always returning to camp cuz reasons). So this does making hard to find downside of having power armor that not gonna make most fo fanbase cry about been too pita nor force devs to start putting after certain plot planet power armors on everyone and their dogs too.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
@Ormael Ah, that is why I didn't get it, I don't play LoL or any of those kinds of games like DoTA.

On topic: Power armor, by the name and definition, are powered suits of armor. They provide extra strength and speed to whoever wears them, as that is the boon that technology provides. The problem with this is how to balance it. You have something that essentially makes the character only more powerful, so how do you balance the game? Do you make every enemy stronger after that point, and assume that every PC is going to use the power armor, or do you give the armor some sort of drawback itself? If so, what drawback? I think a charge mechanic may be the best idea that people have had so far, and it is in line with what other games have done if you use power armor (*cough Fallout 4 *cough*).

The obvious penalty if you want to counterbalance outrageous stats is an extreme Sexiness drop. I'd even be inclined to say you can't tease at all while wearing one, which cuts off an extremely useful attack method.

There's also no need to actually give the armor outrageous stats in the first place. Trying to balance extreme gains with extreme penalties rarely works out well in game design. A much simpler solution is just for Power Armor to be a flag that denotes the armor gives you the extra strength to use heavy weapons without whatever penalties exist for using them without it. Then you can just assign it value as a benefit like any other, and allows for armor like XCOM's Exo-Suit that doesn't actually provide a lot of extra protection compared to regular armor, just supporting arms to hold heavy gear with.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'd even be inclined to say you can't tease at all while wearing one, which cuts off an extremely useful attack method.
Perhaps two tags can be useful in this scenario? Unstrippable and Power Armor. The latter just being an indication that the item enhances your strength enough to properly wield unwieldy weapons while the former would make the player unable to flash the enemy and cripple the tease skill. Though that would necessitate some new tease lines, I'd imagine.

Having both would allow for stuff like x-com exo-suits as accessories as well as full power armor sets like pretty much any space marine would wear.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
@Ormael @RanmaChan : That's because it's "Javran IV" :p

The obvious penalty if you want to counterbalance outrageous stats is an extreme Sexiness drop. I'd even be inclined to say you can't tease at all while wearing one, which cuts off an extremely useful attack method.

There's also no need to actually give the armor outrageous stats in the first place. Trying to balance extreme gains with extreme penalties rarely works out well in game design. A much simpler solution is just for Power Armor to be a flag that denotes the armor gives you the extra strength to use heavy weapons without whatever penalties exist for using them without it. Then you can just assign it value as a benefit like any other, and allows for armor like XCOM's Exo-Suit that doesn't actually provide a lot of extra protection compared to regular armor, just supporting arms to hold heavy gear with.
I like this take very much, I do think it should have a mild bonus to stats like strength and maybe speed and obviously some defense. I get lost in stats sometimes.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
What about power armour specifically for teasing and being more sexy? Maybe for players who want more tease damage in combat (with bigger tits, bigger ass, bigger dick, etc.) but don't want to change their PC for it. Kawamono, anybody? Anybody? No?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You mean Vio powerarmor used as part of tease not PC getting out of it to make tease or even opening partialy PA to make tease? I think that may not work with all enemy races since they will still see it's armro not PC body. Maybe that woud work to tease synthetic enemies like grey goo enemies on tarkus or sexbots ^^

On what Couch said I recall one old never finished submission had power armor that had two forms and one was req. PC be at specific places (ship) to get in or out plus cutting any chance to use tease all in exchange for quite considerable boost.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
What about power armour specifically for teasing and being more sexy? Maybe for players who want more tease damage in combat (with bigger tits, bigger ass, bigger dick, etc.) but don't want to change their PC for it. Kawamono, anybody? Anybody? No?
I can't tell if this is a joke or a horrible cry to have someone feed a special snowflake dream fetish. Either way HAHAHAHAA!

You mean Vio powerarmor used as part of tease not PC getting out of it to make tease or even opening partialy PA to make tease? I think that may not work with all enemy races since they will still see it's armro not PC body. Maybe that woud work to tease synthetic enemies like grey goo enemies on tarkus or sexbots ^^

On what Couch said I recall one old never finished submission had power armor that had two forms and one was req. PC be at specific places (ship) to get in or out plus cutting any chance to use tease all in exchange for quite considerable boost.
Okay, here's the deal sparky, I'm sure I'll have to say this again but I'd like to NOT have to. Anyone who's ever BEEN in a fight knows that they happen FAST. We're talking seconds here not minutes. The average fight is done in twenty seconds from first attempted strike to no one left opposing those that walk away (there are no winners). Given the complexity of any power armor you could every imagine it would take about a quarter of that time to open partially and a minimum of half that time to remove entirely, and that's being VVVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYYY nicee towards the power armor. I'll let you guys figure out what all those facts add up to.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, I have been on some forums where they really love to use the banhammer, if you go back to some of my first posts here on the forum you will see my anxiety, lol. But so far here things have been good, the staff seem pretty chill, and this is your thread, so as long as you don't feel like we have screwed things up for you, I think it is alright? Don't quote me on that though.

Yeah, I like playing the ranged weapon smuggler, hit em with the Ark Caster to disable the shield, then riddle them with bullets. I am going to look into the SecurityMP you talked about, test out the damage and such, cause firing four bullets a turn sounds rad as hell. But I think I might have sold it instead of putting it into my ships storage. Crap...

When it comes to Space Marines I love both. I love the loyalists and the Imperium, but I also love the traitors and Chaos. I can't get enough WH40K. Plus, Slaanesh is a great patron god to have here on the forums.
Yeah, Fen encourages a friendly, fun place. His goal is simply to give back to the community, so Fen and staff aren't like the admins you fear. I know exactly how you feel, I remember Nexon staff used to ban players on customer support tickets. They were terrible at finding solutions and if you replied to clear up their confusion to your problem, then the player might've been banned for "GM harassment". They made a top 10 listing of worst customer support at one point.
YES. My dreams are slowly coming true! I won't be able to play as an Astartes, but with power armor I could make an Inquisitor. Oh, or even better, a character with white hair, a fleur-de-lis on her cheek, and an undying love for The Emperor. Ohhh, how I love me some cute Sisters of Battle. @Endwar look up Bolter to Kokoro, and you will fall in love as well. <3
I'll just leave this here if you wanna peek at it. Warning, its quite sexy. Can you handle this much power armor!?!?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That's never coming out, lol. It "started" in like 2013 or 2014. Although I will admit the original docs have some nice pictures.

It's also not even that lewd. I have a much lewder armor commission planned.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
That's never coming out, lol. It "started" in like 2013 or 2014. Although I will admit the original docs have some nice pictures.

It's also not even that lewd. I have a much lewder armor commission planned.
I've heard that was coming long before this thread, it'd be sometime after ships. Or at least thats what I remember @Gedan saying? Wasn't it going to be the 1st one we get after a little remodeling in some fashion?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@eveoflife Hmm why it looks like that power armor project I meantioned a little above? xD

Lewder power armor... if Gedan said it will be then it will be done... when it's done ^^