Soul Bind Reveal to Kass

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
So how does Kass find out that a Champ has been soul binded to a god? I have been trying a few ways to do that for awhile now, but I think I have progressed quite a distance in my relationship with. Which I wanted to do anyway, since all the fluffy scenes with her are too irresistible to ignore. Although considering one of the options for Kass's Redemption Quest might be to soul-bind (with Lumia in my case) I think it alludes to that possibility.

Just curious but do you need to be antagonistic to her for this to happen? Or is it something more specific?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'm not sure if it actually appears during her normal Dream Palace conversations or if it only pops up during the Temple of Sin event for now, but the implication is that she's going to figure out you're soulbound eventually even if you never tell her since we know from Savin that soulbinding will lock you out of at least one ending option.

Reactions: Endwar

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
So how does Kass find out that a Champ has been soul binded to a god? I have been trying a few ways to do that for awhile now, but I think I have progressed quite a distance in my relationship with. Which I wanted to do anyway, since all the fluffy scenes with her are too irresistible to ignore. Although considering one of the options for Kass's Redemption Quest might be to soul-bind (with Lumia in my case) I think it alludes to that possibility.

Just curious but do you need to be antagonistic to her for this to happen? Or is it something more specific?
You can tell her up front. She won't take it well.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I comfort myself with the knowledge she's a control-seeking narcissist who's made multiple people into the worst versions of themselves.
And here I thought that she one of her best bits. Kas is and will be my favourite NPC.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
You can tell her up front. She won't take it well.
That's the thing. How do you tell her? I have been trying to find the button or scene or option that does just that specifically. Just to see what the reaction is.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
That's the thing. How do you tell her? I have been trying to find the button or scene or option that does just that specifically. Just to see what the reaction is.
It's a long story. Few Spoilers as possible, you need to help Cait build her temple to Mallach, and talk to most of the people there.

Though for anyone else who'd like to see the reaction, here it is. SPOILERS, unsurprisingly.

"You... you what?" Kas balks, looking rapidly between your face and chest. "No, I can still sense it, I can damn well smell the soul on you! What do you mean you don't have it anymore — you're no demon!"

"I'm not,"
you say, "but I did give my soul to one of the Seven. It's just a placeholder you're sensing, something to fill the void."

The demon queen's eyes harden, and her hand plants itself open-palmed on your chest. "How... but I can't sense... it's even still growing! Marae's tits, it's just a fucking reflection, isn't it? How could I be so dense!? How could I have thought you..."

Kas snarls, standing up so suddenly that you're nearly thrown from the couch. "Damn you, Phaere. Damn you to the deepest depths of the void. Your soul was my only chance... the first real chance I've ever had, you damned fool, and you threw it away for what!?"

"So what if I did?"
you shoot back. "It's mine to give away, not yours to take."

An open palm crosses your cheek hard enough to make the couch rock under you, nearly spilling you over the back. By the time the stars have cleared from your vision, Kasyrra's winged back to the fireplace and has her hand on her axe, stopping just short of lifting it. She's faced away from you, face bathed in shadows. "Get out," she snarls. "For the sake of whatever love I bore you: get the fuck out before I cleave that worthless head from your body! If I have to make war on the very gods of this realm to achieve my goals, then so be it. I will sunder the heavens and corrupt your damned Seven, just as Lethice did to the old gods of Mareth. I will not be denied!"

"Kas, wait!"

She heaves up the runic axe onto her shoulder, turning towards you with a fiendish fire burning in her eyes. "I cared about you; I would have made you the queen to rule at my side if you asked, and all I wanted... I told you from the start what I wanted in return. Yet you squandered it on a whim, for a being that will never care about you half as deeply as I do... as I did. No more. Go now, before my anger consumes me entirely. Go, while I still hold out some hope that the pale reflection in your chest might somehow be of use to me, someday. That your false soul will someday lead me to the real thing, wherever it may be."

No matter how strong you've grown, fighting the demon queen in her deepest lair is a losing proposition. You beat a retreat from the manor as quick as you can, wincing when the doors slam heavily behind you — followed by a howl of rage and desolate loss that promises to haunt your dreams for the rest of your life. A life that might well be cut short the next time you see this queen of demons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savin and Endwar

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
I am fine with spoilers so it sounds like she finds out when you build the temple and meet the god for the first time with Kass.

Dreamer44

Apr 25, 2020
I am fine with spoilers so it sounds like she finds out when you build the temple and meet the god for the first time with Kass.
You can talk with Kas on her Dream Palace. One of the options is revealing you're soulbound, which leads to the conversation in the spoilers.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
You can talk with Kas on her Dream Palace. One of the options is revealing you're soulbound, which leads to the conversation in the spoilers.
Does it depend on how much affection you have accumulated for Kas? Along with romance progression for Aileh (Since I feel that it has a very hefty chunk of how it affects your relationship with Kass)? Because I have a save where I am soul-binded to Lumia and have pressed every button, and nothing about telling her about being soul-binded is there.

Dreamer44

Apr 25, 2020
Does it depend on how much affection you have accumulated for Kas? Along with romance progression for Aileh (Since I feel that it has a very hefty chunk of how it affects your relationship with Kass)? Because I have a save where I am soul-binded to Lumia and have pressed every button, and nothing about telling her about being soul-binded is there.
According to the wiki, you need to be on the Romance path and have completed Temple of Sin (the only way to unlock this talk for now). After that, go to her palace and talk about her goals. It should give you some options, including admitting you are soulbound.

Reactions: Endwar

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
According to the wiki, you need to be on the Romance path and have completed Temple of Sin (the only way to unlock this talk for now). After that, go to her palace and talk about her goals. It should give you some options, including admitting you are soulbound.
Aaaah no wonder. Then I have missed this since goals (Which has now been opted out) unlock Kass's Redemption Quest. At the time, I was not soul-bounded since the only option was Keros Soul-bind prior as opposed to my preferred choice being Lumia in the present. Thanks for clearing it up.

Now I get why one of the goals for her Redemption Quest listed an option for Soul-Binding Kass.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
It's a long story. Few Spoilers as possible, you need to help Cait build her temple to Mallach, and talk to most of the people there.

Though for anyone else who'd like to see the reaction, here it is. SPOILERS, unsurprisingly.

"You... you what?" Kas balks, looking rapidly between your face and chest. "No, I can still sense it, I can damn well smell the soul on you! What do you mean you don't have it anymore — you're no demon!" "I'm not," you say, "but I did give my soul to one of the Seven. It's just a placeholder you're sensing, something to fill the void." The demon queen's eyes harden, and her hand plants itself open-palmed on your chest. "How... but I can't sense... it's even still growing! Marae's tits, it's just a fucking reflection, isn't it? How could I be so dense!? How could I have thought you..." Kas snarls, standing up so suddenly that you're nearly thrown from the couch. "Damn you, Phaere. Damn you to the deepest depths of the void. Your soul was my only chance... the first real chance I've ever had, you damned fool, and you threw it away for what!?" "So what if I did?" you shoot back. "It's mine to give away, not yours to take." An open palm crosses your cheek hard enough to make the couch rock under you, nearly spilling you over the back. By the time the stars have cleared from your vision, Kasyrra's winged back to the fireplace and has her hand on her axe, stopping just short of lifting it. She's faced away from you, face bathed in shadows. "Get out," she snarls. "For the sake of whatever love I bore you: get the fuck out before I cleave that worthless head from your body! If I have to make war on the very gods of this realm to achieve my goals, then so be it. I will sunder the heavens and corrupt your damned Seven, just as Lethice did to the old gods of Mareth. I will not be denied!" "Kas, wait!" She heaves up the runic axe onto her shoulder, turning towards you with a fiendish fire burning in her eyes. "I cared about you; I would have made you the queen to rule at my side if you asked, and all I wanted... I told you from the start what I wanted in return. Yet you squandered it on a whim, for a being that will never care about you half as deeply as I do... as I did. No more. Go now, before my anger consumes me entirely. Go, while I still hold out some hope that the pale reflection in your chest might somehow be of use to me, someday. That your false soul will someday lead me to the real thing, wherever it may be." No matter how strong you've grown, fighting the demon queen in her deepest lair is a losing proposition. You beat a retreat from the manor as quick as you can, wincing when the doors slam heavily behind you — followed by a howl of rage and desolate loss that promises to haunt your dreams for the rest of your life. A life that might well be cut short the next time you see this queen of demons.
Awe that makes me sad, glad I lost all my saves. Definitely not going to go soulbound now.

Reactions: Necros and Savin

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I tend to go Soulbound, but I never tell her that I am. The way I look at it, is yes it's a painful scene. But at the same time... she doesn't really love you - I mean she literally only cares in that what the champion can provide her, not the champion themselves, you can see it in the scene since she basically does a 180. She can't love as a demon, she lost the ability to feel that way when she lost her soul. She cares, but I feel like it's more in the way someone cares about a possession or a pet.

On the flip side, giving your soul up for this means you lose the ability to love as well, and for all your other relationships that's far more tragic to me. It is just not worth the sacrifice, so soulbinding to safeguard your soul feels like the only solution. I really like Kas but I feel like the relationship is on a timer. So I try to enjoy what I have until the timer hits 0. I do hope there is a way to help her somehow and reconcile despite the soulbound "betrayal" but we won't know till the game reaches fruition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Navydivea

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To quote myself from an older topic when that came up, a non-exhaustive list of in-character reasons:
  • I believe in what they're doing and think that's more important than what they were.
  • If they're not the Seven then did the gods originally exist? Well, these ones do now so I'll follow them because they get shit done and deal with the theological questions later.
  • Screw the theology, I just want what they're offering.
  • The theological implications are troubling but I'm a brief candle and my beloved is going to outlive me by potentially centuries. My soul is a small price to pay for the time to be with them and from what I've seen, it's not a bad deal.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'm just keeping my options open to see all the endings and try out all the special powers and equipment. Plus displays of reverence or friendliness from NPCs who are big on fidelity to the Seven.

Reactions: Kesil

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Anyone that has told kas you are soulbound, how does that affect the scenes with Aileh’s daughter?

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
iirc it boots you to hostile kas when you confess, so it plays out the same way as if you were constantly trying to kill her.

TalRasha

Mar 14, 2023
No benefit good enough to stop that scene being painful. Kas is by far my favourite NPC and I already know (if it becomes 1 of the endings) that I'm giving Kas all my champs souls.
I like Kas too, but when she says she's going to take Champ soul no matter what feelings is between them… Well, if i were Champ, i'd rather stay with my soul. It's just like: "Oh boi i've fucked up my own soul, so i'm gonna take yours", what is it, division of property? We weren't even married! Nah-hah hun, go fix your own, this one is not yours to take.

Reactions: Zeus101

Navydivea

Jun 21, 2023
Aaaah no wonder. Then I have missed this since goals (Which has now been opted out) unlock Kass's Redemption Quest. At the time, I was not soul-bounded since the only option was Keros Soul-bind prior as opposed to my preferred choice being Lumia in the present. Thanks for clearing it up.

Now I get why one of the goals for her Redemption Quest listed an option for Soul-Binding Kass.
You might be able to tell her at a later date after an update extends the quest.

IIdarkfireII

Aug 16, 2020
I tend to go Soulbound, but I never tell her that I am. The way I look at it, is yes it's a painful scene. But at the same time... she doesn't really love you - I mean she literally only cares in that what the champion can provide her, not the champion themselves, you can see it in the scene since she basically does a 180. She can't love as a demon, she lost the ability to feel that way when she lost her soul. She cares, but I feel like it's more in the way someone cares about a possession or a pet.

On the flip side, giving your soul up for this means you lose the ability to love as well, and for all your other relationships that's far more tragic to me. It is just not worth the sacrifice, so soulbinding to safeguard your soul feels like the only solution. I really like Kas but I feel like the relationship is on a timer. So I try to enjoy what I have until the timer hits 0. I do hope there is a way to help her somehow and reconcile despite the soulbound "betrayal" but we won't know till the game reaches fruition.
Except it has been proven that some demons are in fact capable of love. Sandre and Caera actually do care about each other. Not sure if it applies to Kas though since she isn't from our world.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020

"You... you what?" Kas balks, looking rapidly between your face and chest. "No, I can still sense it, I can damn well smell the soul on you! What do you mean you don't have it anymore — you're no demon!"

"I'm not,"
you say, "but I did give my soul to one of the Seven. It's just a placeholder you're sensing, something to fill the void."

The demon queen's eyes harden, and her hand plants itself open-palmed on your chest. "How... but I can't sense... it's even still growing! Marae's tits, it's just a fucking reflection, isn't it? How could I be so dense!? How could I have thought you..."

Kas snarls, standing up so suddenly that you're nearly thrown from the couch. "Damn you, Phaere. Damn you to the deepest depths of the void. Your soul was my only chance... the first real chance I've ever had, you damned fool, and you threw it away for what!?"

"So what if I did?"
you shoot back. "It's mine to give away, not yours to take."

An open palm crosses your cheek hard enough to make the couch rock under you, nearly spilling you over the back. By the time the stars have cleared from your vision, Kasyrra's winged back to the fireplace and has her hand on her axe, stopping just short of lifting it. She's faced away from you, face bathed in shadows. "Get out," she snarls. "For the sake of whatever love I bore you: get the fuck out before I cleave that worthless head from your body! If I have to make war on the very gods of this realm to achieve my goals, then so be it. I will sunder the heavens and corrupt your damned Seven, just as Lethice did to the old gods of Mareth. I will not be denied!"

"Kas, wait!"

She heaves up the runic axe onto her shoulder, turning towards you with a fiendish fire burning in her eyes. "I cared about you; I would have made you the queen to rule at my side if you asked, and all I wanted... I told you from the start what I wanted in return. Yet you squandered it on a whim, for a being that will never care about you half as deeply as I do... as I did. No more. Go now, before my anger consumes me entirely. Go, while I still hold out some hope that the pale reflection in your chest might somehow be of use to me, someday. That your false soul will someday lead me to the real thing, wherever it may be."

No matter how strong you've grown, fighting the demon queen in her deepest lair is a losing proposition. You beat a retreat from the manor as quick as you can, wincing when the doors slam heavily behind you — followed by a howl of rage and desolate loss that promises to haunt your dreams for the rest of your life. A life that might well be cut short the next time you see this queen of demons.
Damn. That seems just cruel to do, when you know the reason Kas want champs soul.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Except it has been proven that some demons are in fact capable of love. Sandre and Caera actually do care about each other. Not sure if it applies to Kas though since she isn't from our world.
Demons obsess and are possessive, but they can't actually love. They can be affectionate towards things and people they enjoy. But feel empathy for people? They lost that ability. I don't know where you think you saw it "proven" but don't mistake headcanon for the real thing. It will always be an imperfect imitation of what they used to feel. I mean that is literally the downside of being a demon in the CoC universe - the power that was gained in the transformation was at the cost of losing their empathy and positive emotions becoming muted and dulled. You actually experience this briefly after having sex with Kasyrra in the Halloween event and she will mention these downsides when you discuss what a demon is with her at her Dream Palace, if I remember right. Aileh also says that while Kas cares about her and her sisters what she gives isn't Love. If Sandre and Caera's content even remotely eludes to that (which I'm pretty sure it doesn't and you might have just read into it a little) it would be a big lorebreak and probably should be edited.

Last edited: