Return to Mareth (In Game)

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"i..cant, its just that he's obviously gonna try to be the dominant, so there goes you trying to be on top, and there's no chance that you'll be able to conceal a weapon to stab him at the right time with his mind...ahh...damn it, backed into a corner...life never gives me easy choices..."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I'm just gonna follow whatever plan you guys come up with..." She whispers, her mind a total confused mess.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"I'll just keep on the sidelines for now Derek, if that spell doesn't finish it off I can always try and finish the beast." Mia whispers to the mage, waiting for someone to make a move as she reaches for the hilt of Brisingr.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Thinking for a bit, Derek comes to a conclusion

"We don't know his speed, but just looking at him I can tell he's, capable. He might be too quick for an ambush, but, ah, damn. The only way I can see this happening is if Mia were to come in with Castella as a supporter, and after the initial surprise, before he can hold any of you as a hostage, Eliana brings attention to herself by taking aim and firing, all the while I'm next to Isaac. As we try to not bring attention to ourselves, I'll charge the spell, him being there to protect me, and again, all of you try to get his attention equally. The priority is for me to not be disturbed. Does this seem reasonable?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"That... might work. So Mia and I will go into the tower. I will let him drink and try to convince him to take the potion. When his mind is consumed by lust, Elliana gets his attention by shooting at him and Mia will help me get out of the way. Then we play dodge with the manticore till Derek can use the spell?" 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"What's the holdup?!" roared the manticore, once more sticking its front half out the side of the building.

"Or, we could just shoot him now!" cried Isaac, knocking an arrow and letting it fly at the beast. The arrow grazed across the manticore's shoulder, drawing a thin line of blood. The creature threw its head back and roared in fury at the sudden attack.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Or we are just doing this now! Mia! We are counting on you!" She holds her hand out and focuses on her friend. "Mighty moon, grant us your strength, watch over my ally!" She beseeches the moon for a blessing (6+2+2=10) and silver light wraps around Mia, granting her strenght for the battle to come!

(Mia gets +1 to all rolls for this fight! :)  )

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Damnit, Isaac!" She frowns and notches an arrow, taking careful aim at the beast and letting loose a single shot. [3+6+2 = 11] It connects with the Manticore's belly and does [5] damage.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Charging his spell, an orb of dark red starts smoldering above him, growing brighter and bigger in intensity. 

(5+5+2=12)

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Dammit!" Mia heads back and takes up a defensive stance in frront of Derek, waiting for the beast to come down to attack them so she can swing at it.

[Defend roll, 9. Gain 1 hold.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
With a roar the manticore leapt from the tower, connecting with the sandy ground so hard that that a cloud of stinging grit was thrown up around it.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella was worried... she didn't want to take damage with a child in her belly... but it seems she had no choice. She raise her weapon and muttered a prayer to the moon for power! [6+3+2=11] Silver light covers her weapon, granting her extra damage with every swing!

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Eyeing Castella, the monster leaped into the air, coming down in front of her with eyes filled with fury. "Deceiver!" it roared.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She staggered backwards to shield her eyes. "that goes for you as well beast! What foul plans were you going to do while I was helpless in your clutches?!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Allow me to show you," the manticore replied. With her eyes shielded, Castella didn't see the monster pull back its clawed foreleg, but she felt the sudden whoosh of air as its paw whizzed past her, missing her torso by a hair. She also felt the sudden tug, and heard the tearing of cloth as its claws caught the front of her robe, shredding the front of her only remaining garment to tatters, and leaving her breasts on full display.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She gasped as her breasts now hung out in the open, and her beloved robe was torn to tatters. With a scowl on her face she lashes at the manticore, swinging her mace at the fowl creature. (4+1=5) Some how she manages to miss the giant creature completely, her anger likely getting in the way. 

(Can you attack multiple times a turn? Or is it 3 separate actions?) 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[If you want to keep doing the same action multiple times, go ahead. But stop when you roll under a six, as that usually means something bad happens. Case in point.]

Castella swung in fury at the horrid creature, but it proved to be a mistake as she lost her footing in the loose sand. She fell face down in the sand, and the manticore wasted no time in pouncing. The air was blasted from her lungs as one of the creatures massive paws came down on her back, and she felt something large and blunt prodding at her backside. Chancing a look over her shoulder, she saw that the monster had come erect, its massive feline member was easily two feet in length, and lined up quite nicely with her exposed nethers.

[What does the rest of the party do?]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana can really only do what she's best at, and that's sending arrows in the general direction of the enemy. [2+1+2] [Miss] Her arrow goes flying, but misses as the creature pounces on her helpless friend.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The stray arrow caught the manticore's attention for a moment. Turning to Elliana, it swung its tail in a wide arch, and a glob of green liquid flung from the tip.

[Woider, roll to defy danger. You and Floozer, don't forget to take a point of XP for the failed rolls.]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
[Defying Danger with Dexterity] [1 + 1 +2] (worst roll possible) Elliana does not react in time, and is at the mercy of whatever viscious fluid is coming right at her.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Elliana was unable to react in time as the glob of venom struck her square in the chest, splattering all over her. A hissing noise filled the air around her and to her horror, he clothing quickly dissolved; save for her gel armor. Worse still, her bow was showing similar effects; it likely wouldn't hold out for more than another shot or two.

[Take another point of XP for the low roll.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Just Woider, but you should probably try to defy danger to get out from under that manticore, if you don't want to get 'lanced'.] 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella wiggled under her captor, desperately trying to get out! there had to be a way to slip free from his paw... she calmed down and thought for a moment [defy danger with wisdom 1+6+2=9]

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"I'll be your opponent, monster!" Mia flicks her tail angrily before charging at the manticore (7+2+1=10.) She leaps in the air, yelling loudly and brings her sword down heavily on the manticores back before it has time to even register her being there let alone dodge.

(6 damage, +1 from serrated edges, +4 from merciless. Since I rolled a 10 I do an extra D6 worth of damage but expose myself to an attack afterwards +3. Total damage: 14 and ignoring 2 points of armour with piercing.)

After the attack mia lands and stumbles sligthly, exposing herself to an attack.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Mia came down unsteady on her feet, next to the freshly severed wing on the manticore. She had little time to revel in her prowess however, as the monster's reprisal was swift and terrible. Its tail continued to spin around the thing an sweeping arches, one of which connected solidly with Mia's side. The air was blasted from her lungs as she was sent flying by the force of the strike. [11 damage, ignores 1 armor.] Her impact in the sand left a small crater around her.

Meanwhile, Castella looked for some way to get out from under the brute. Looking back again, she saw that the monster's melon sized balls were dangling just above her feet. Wasting no time she snapped one of her feet upward, kicking the bouncing orbs and the strength quickly drained from the manticore's grip as a kitten-like mewl escaped its lips. With its strength temporarily gone, Castella rolled out from under the beast, coming up on her feet, though without her mace.

It mattered little, however, as a ball of fire the size of a cannonball suddenly struck the manticore in the side of the head, with a deafening explosion. When the smoke cleared, all that was left of the beast's head was a charred stump; its body slumped to the floor dead.

[Everyone gets a point of XP for defeating the manitcore.]  

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Derek finally releases it moments after Mia's attack, the ball of red fire, almost seeming like a meteor crashes squarely on the manticor, bursting in flames and sparks!

[should've known another message was popping up, imagine mine is after yours]