Return to Mareth (In Game)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana gags at the gruesome sighs, and begins to back off, as quietly as she can manage. [DD roll? Or is that too early?]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Creeping down the stairs as quietly as they could, the two scouts made it to the chamber below the beast before Isaac whispered, "Well, that was unexpected."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yeah, can we get out of here? I don't want to end up like that poor snake-woman..." She whispers back, terrified of the manticore upstairs.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Hoooo boy, that was bad... Ok, the tower's not safe, and we'd best stay away from that thing inside... I don't think I've seen that much blood in my entire life."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Well now, the prospect of taking every chance you get doesn't seem as appealing now, does it?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"That is not fair Derek... there are many kinds of chances, this one is obviously bad and she avoided it." She sighs and shakes her head. "Very well, we avoid the tower... though I wish I could do something for the deceased." 

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"If really want to care for the death of someone you never knew, I suppose we could take out that thing, better to have it taken care of anyways, since we; Eliana I mean, knows what it looks like we might try to prepare ourselves for the fight, that way we have the advantage. Also I don't want to be here for long if some predator is living in the basement."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"We know the location of this tower now... we can return at a later date when I am not carrying a child around with me. This may have been an accident, but that is no fault of the child... I wish to see them well taken care of." 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I believe that's the right choice to make... it's not the child's fault it was conceived, and I'm sure they're going to be fine in Carla's hands." She smiles at her, and walks over to gently pat her belly. "Let's just hope they can wait until we're in town."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I hope so as well... if they decide to come along early... then I will have to fast travel back to the lake for a safe delivery." She stops and looks to the side "Part of me doesn't want to just give them to Carla... I want to be a part of their life you know?" 

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She sighs and nods her head "You are right... in fact, I can't keep her with me... she will need water to stay healthy and the lake is best for that.... I just want to do right by this child." 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana takes her hands and looks her deep into her eyes. "You will, Cassy... You're gonna do what's best for them... I know you will, you're an amazingly good person."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
She blushes and smiles down at her friend "Thank you Elliana... I needed to hear that." She takes a deep breath and turns to Isaac. "So, shall we keep moving now? This tower is starting to give me the creeps." 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Before Isaac could respond, a deep rumbling voice spoke up. "Aww, what a touching moment." Everyone's attention snapped upward, to see the manticor leaning out of a large hole in the topmost wall of the tower. "You know, in the future, when you decide to have a heartfelt conversation, you should really make sure you're out of earshot," he said, the cat-like ears on the top of his head twitched to accentuate his point. "You never know what kind of shady characters might be listening in." He chuckled then, a strange combination of a laugh and a purr.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana turns around, wide-eyed in shock. "Shit..." She mutters, before slowly moving her hand closer to her weaponry.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"Fucking, ugh, one misstep and everything goes to shit, every time..."

Stepping back, Derek pulls out the short blade.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"That... is actually very good advice. I don't suppose you will allow us to walk away with this new knowlege?" Castella asks hopefully. 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, I did just eat," replied the manticore. "Although, you never know when your next meal is going to be out here," he said, eyeing the group appraisingly.

[If anyone wants to attempt a parley check, now is the time. Although, you will have to think up something that a giant feline monster might want.]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella swallows thickly and tries to think of what she has to offer. With a heavy sigh she speaks up. "Perhaps we can come to a deal. You just ate, as you said, and surely that has mired up a thirst yes? I... I happen to be producing milk at this time so... in exchange for fresh milk, straight from the breast, I would ask safe passage for my group and I, that no harm will come to us."

(3+5+1=9)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The creature's ears perk up immediately at the mention of milk, and Castella can practically feel the monster's eye upon her breasts. His lips peel back into a wicked smile, revealing multiple rows of sharp teeth. "Very well, come up to my chamber, and we'll get started," he said, turning and heading back into the tower.

Before Castella could take a step towards the tower, Isaac's hand reached out and landed on her shoulder. "Whoa there, Castella, not a good idea," he said, with all seriousness in his eyes. "I've seen that look in his eyes more than enough times to know that milk isn't the only thing on his mind."

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Castella drops her voice to a whisper "What choice do we have? If we just try and run for it he will hunt us all down! While we are certainly a potent enough group... that creature is a monster to be feared... What else can I do?" 

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Stepping in, Derek mentions "Well, i do have a scroll in my pack, a while back i found it, its a strong scroll of fireblast, think of a mini meteor, these scrolls are for exactly these types of situations, i say id be better to take this carnivore out, rather than let you be his bicycle."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
At Derek's words, Isaac cocks and eyebrow. "An ambush eh? That could work," he whispered.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
Her brows raise up "That... might just work... but how could we do this? If you hit him while he is drinking, I will be hit as well won't I? If we just walk up there he will know something is wrong as well." 

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"mmm...:eek:h, dont we have a pink potion that turns people on? if you were to tease him, and at the last moment, give him the potion to ensure that you two will have a 'fun time' maybe that will dull his other senses a bit, as hes gonna be really, really, focused on breeding?"

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"That doesn't really solve the issue of me being in blast radius though... in fact, it would just make things harder since now he will be ravenously horny..." 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Don't worry, I know a way to lure him out of the tower. Just keep his attention focused on you for a little while," said Isaac.