Polygamy in TiTS

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
She's got a miniature flip-out scene for sleeping next to folks and not her, but nothing on the Dane boning scale. Maybe also a scene where she's propositioned by someone as well, so you can see it cuts both ways if you decide to have it poly.

That nice scene (thou so far Anno and I think Celise can trigger it with latter I not made much tests to see if it true). Speaking of Bess did you Jim-sama provided Gedan-sama blurb for Bess/Ben presence on ship so we not have meantioning of silver blob of insanity sitting in corner?

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Wait... what? on the off chance I'm being a dumbass, I'm going to assume this is a hypothetical.

Pfft. 50% correct. I spend what time I have not writing smut, writing not-smut, so I can actually take my writing someplace. Romance novels are so, like, last month though.

Speaking of Bess did you Jim-sama provided Gedan-sama blurb for Bess/Ben presence on ship so we not have meantioning of silver blob of insanity sitting in corner?

There's like, 100 different things Gedan has fixed since 0.6.2, and that's one of them. It's super generic, though, since Bess/Ben's 'doing shit' dialogue is more in her follower menu than the shared follower menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Nonesuch raises some valid points, but I do have some concern as to how it's handled. As the number of followers increases, the number of reaction scenes increases exponentially. My thought is that if you want a pure waifu who disapproves of you boning 20 of Savin's puppyslut followers at once, her response scene should be generic enough to be independent of the fuckslut who triggered it. That way when space follower embry is coded, she can flip out about how you let Dane fuck the whole way through your body and into the next slut - even if Mr. Thermic has left the community to pursue a career in romance novels. 
Yeah, I get that - it's fiddly work that has to try and be futureproof, which sucks. But even generic "all those whores over there" type responses would be better than the CoC situation, and if we don't try and tackle it now later writers will simply assume that that way of doing things was fine. I could write up some recruitable character guidelines to stick into the style doc if you like. Also, remember the voyeur and mess ideas brought up here when you get around to designing ship mechanics pretty pls thx.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Pfft. 50% correct. I spend what time I have not writing smut, writing not-smut, so I can actually take my writing someplace. Romance novels are so, like, last month though.

Ah I see, well even writers have to change up what they write. Can't be getting writers block now, gotta change up what you write to keep things fresh. It's like getting burned out on a game, play it too much and you get bored with it.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Another thing to keep in mind is that there needs to be scenes for kicking NPCs off your crew (temporarily) and picking them back up. Once crew limits are put in place, you'll need to slim down your crew if you swap into a two-man fighter or want to make room for Space Helia #3 or Space Urta #2.

Hell, I even forgot to do it with Celise for a long long long long long long time.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
Another thing to keep in mind is that there needs to be scenes for kicking NPCs off your crew (temporarily) and picking them back up. Once crew limits are put in place, you'll need to slim down your crew if you swap into a two-man fighter or want to make room for Space Helia #3 or Space Urta #2.

Hell, I even forgot to do it with Celise for a long long long long long long time.

Would it count for the companions who don't sleep in beds? (I.E Celise or bess) and if they are sleeping in the PC's bed would that open another slot or?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Would it count for the companions who don't sleep in beds? (I.E Celise or bess) and if they are sleeping in the PC's bed would that open another slot or?

I think it's simpler than that--The pilot/captain's room is always included by default and reserved specifically for Steele. It's just a matter of how many extra room slots the ship has to provide for crew members (beds or not--and Ben/Bess specifically has his/her own room in the text, as well as Celise). If and when ship customization/upgrading comes into play, the slot number may be something that can potentially change.

I would assume the onboard crew count will be checked first before allowing a ship swap or ship upgrade/downgrade.

Cupworth

Aug 27, 2015
I'd like to see micro-scenes between crew as an occasional replacement for the current

you see follower1 blah blah

you see follower2 blah otherblah

follower3 is blahdeblah

when you enter the ship.

Generic things like "You hear laughter as you enter the ship. In the common room you see follower1, follower2 and follower4 watching something on the holovid. "Hey boss we're watching Gigglefuck 3: the Revengening! Come join us". Insert kind/mischievous/hard/bimbo reply etc etc".  These would take from any 2+ followers you have on the ship so it wouldn't matter so much who was there and who was elsewhere for reasons.

Follower specific ones like walking in while Reaha is halfway through regaling Anno with a tale of the 3 day long gangbang she had with a crew on shore leave or Celise milking Reaha (match made in heaven, one wants to drink yummy stuff, the other needs milking all the time) as examples of more personal scenes.  Obviously these would need the followers in question to actually be on the ship.

The micro-scene would replace the current individual follower blurbs when they trigger; the individual follower blurbs would still happen the most often. These wouldn't need to be long, just a short paragraph to add some flavour and show the crew each in their own bubble of existence.

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'd like to see micro-scenes between crew as an occasional replacement for the current

follower3 is blahdeblah

when you enter the ship.

Generic things like "You hear laughter as you enter the ship. In the common room you see follower1, follower2 and follower4 watching something on the holovid. "Hey boss we're watching Gigglefuck 3: the Revengening! Come join us". Insert kind/mischievous/hard/bimbo reply etc etc".  These would take from any 2+ followers you have on the ship so it wouldn't matter so much who was there and who was elsewhere for reasons.

Follower specific ones like walking in while Reaha is halfway through regaling Anno with a tale of the 3 day long gangbang she had with a crew on shore leave or Celise milking Reaha (match made in heaven, one wants to drink yummy stuff, the other needs milking all the time) as examples of more personal scenes.  Obviously these would need the followers in question to actually be on the ship.

The micro-scene would replace the current individual follower blurbs when they trigger; the individual follower blurbs would still happen the most often. These wouldn't need to be long, just a short paragraph to add some flavour and show the crew each in their own bubble of existence.

It's hard to do generic things like the first one because someone could concievably get a character in that it doesn't make sense for. The second type thing is something i know i'd like to do at some point

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
It's hard to do generic things like the first one because someone could concievably get a character in that it doesn't make sense for. The second type thing is something i know i'd like to do at some point

follower3 is blahdeblah

when you enter the ship.

it sound like there talking about the random night scenes that take place in camp   in coc.   like playing poker, joining hell and Isabella  for a 3 some,  etc.. just  generic  like (example as you board your  ship you hear the sounds of laughter coming from the common area. as you round the corner you see your ( # crew members) having a blast watching holovid. (check crew members on board ) so and so  see's you before the others and  calls to you hey boss were watching blab blah come join us.  to which you reply blah then you get basic commands back to sleep fly etc.. 

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Doing tiny, randomized scenes like that can actually be fairly tough for some characters too if their relationship and mood isn't static. For instance, it's much easier to do Anno's follower blurb because she's bubbly and fairly static in mood and her poly-amorous relationship with the PC. However, you can't do the same for Bess, because she might be either mad/happy/sad, sexbot/friend/lover etc, and all of this would require checking for flags and shit. Also, it also causes inconsistency between any scenes that play upon entering follower dialogue and those from entering the ship, because one minute they're watching movies and the other they're in their room polishing their sex toys.

There's also other future-proofing things to take into account as mentioned. Character A might not like character B, so they wouldn't watch holovids. Character A might not even like holovids, period. Do you then check each character to see if they like holovids? And what do you gain in the end for all that work? About two generic, any-character sentences.

Then, on top of that, if the characters are written by different authors you've got to get them both to check it, which can be a pain in the ass.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Cuckquean would be an interesting fetish. But then people would complain about how there's no Nice Time for Roo.

Fucking Nice Time for Roo.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I love Cuckolding and Nice Time for Roo. If only I could figure out a way to properly write some for TiTs, I totes would. :3

It would be hard to fit in, because generally people here don't like Nice Time for Roo, and there would almost certainly be a backlash if a character was created solely to be Nice Time for Roo fodder. If you wish to properly write Nice Time for Roo for TITS, my first suggestion would be not to take the same route most Nice Time for Roo hentai do, because for people like me who are used to Nice Time for Roo by now, it just comes off as lame (Bigger dick, etc) and for people who aren't, it comes off as horrid writing on top of them already not liking Nice Time for Roo.

Nice Time for Roo would probably have to happen due to a fault by the PC, like neglecting the character for too long, being a dick to them during a relationship, you know, stuff like that. It's hard to write Nice Time for Roo for a game like this because most characters are openly in sexual relationships with other people, only ones that come to mind that aren't are Embry and the Gold Myr in the same bar.

While it wouldn't be Nice Time for Roo in the traditional sense, Embry would probably be perfect to use to write sex scenes with another character, because any choice but monogamous would allow for her to have sex with other people as well and if you choose monogamous and openly have sex with other people, she could/would probably default into polygamous at that point.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
. . . only ones that come to mind that aren't are Embry and the Gold Myr in the same bar.

Liliana, but she's not fallen for Steele just using sex in a (misplaced) bid to not be ratted out for desertion. In actuality she's got a crush on the leithan doctor lady in the medical building.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Liliana, but she's not fallen for Steele just using sex in a (misplaced) bid to not be ratted out for desertion. In actuality she's got a crush on the leithan doctor lady in the medical building.

Oh, then just Embry :p

I'm not really familiar with Liliana, I just gave her money for an arm and left.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Doing tiny, randomized scenes like that can actually be fairly tough for some characters too if their relationship and mood isn't static. For instance, it's much easier to do Anno's follower blurb because she's bubbly and fairly static in mood and her poly-amorous relationship with the PC. However, you can't do the same for Bess, because she might be either mad/happy/sad, sexbot/friend/lover etc, and all of this would require checking for flags and shit. Also, it also causes inconsistency between any scenes that play upon entering follower dialogue and those from entering the ship, because one minute they're watching movies and the other they're in their room polishing their sex toys.
Why do you keep using Embess as an example? We keep telling you that nobody is going to involve or mention the existence of her ever.

Randomised blurbs wouldn't be satisfying anyway. Much better to do it on a case-by-case basis.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
So a cuckquean bimbo waifu?

Isn't that what the nyr queen we subjugate  does? so wouldn't she already fit that role?

It would be hard to fit in, because generally people here don't like Nice Time for Roo, and there would almost certainly be a backlash if a character was created solely to be Nice Time for Roo fodder. If you wish to properly write Nice Time for Roo for TITS, my first suggestion would be not to take the same route most Nice Time for Roo hentai do, because for people like me who are used to Nice Time for Roo by now, it just comes off as lame (Bigger dick, etc) and for people who aren't, it comes off as horrid writing on top of them already not liking Nice Time for Roo.

Nice Time for Roo would probably have to happen due to a fault by the PC, like neglecting the character for too long, being a dick to them during a relationship, you know, stuff like that. It's hard to write Nice Time for Roo for a game like this because most characters are openly in sexual relationships with other people, only ones that come to mind that aren't are Embry and the Gold Myr in the same bar.

While it wouldn't be Nice Time for Roo in the traditional sense, Embry would probably be perfect to use to write sex scenes with another character, because any choice but monogamous would allow for her to have sex with other people as well and if you choose monogamous and openly have sex with other people, she could/would probably default into polygamous at that point.

anno already  has it in that she  has many partners and don't care who you  bed with and her only  real gf is kaede. You seem to be more of an after thought. With that in mind  just from what I read.  What is Nice Time for Roo?

Wasn't there supposed to be more content written about getting them together as a couple?

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Isn't that what the nyr queen we subjugate  does? so wouldn't she already fit that role?

anno already  has it in that she  has many partners and don't care who you  bed with and her only  real gf is kaede. You seem to be more of an after thought. With that in mind  just from what I read.  What is Nice Time for Roo?

Nice Time for Roo is basically having your lover taken away from you. In the world on hentai, always sexually. For example:

"You're dick is sooo much bigger! Time to become a cumslut for all eternity, bye bye other guy!"

*Cues guy years latter sitting alone in his room, furiously fapping to tapes of his former lover being gangbanged by like 10 dudes while she says: "OMG I LUV UR DICKS :D "*

I dislike Nice Time for Roo, not because of the properties of it, but because they're generally written like shit and could be easily avoided with a little common sense.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I dislike Nice Time for Roo, not because of the properties of it, but because they're generally written like shit and could be easily avoided with a little common sense.

Except all hentai is written like shit, and the cumslut/dick comparison part is what gets people's rocks off. Much like a 12 inch dick or gallon of cumsplosion, everything is meant to be wildly exaggerated.

Also, just to note, in Nice Time for Roo one does not have to relate to the cuckold. One can relate to the heroine or the one stealing her.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
Except all hentai is written like shit, and the cumslut/dick comparison part is what gets people's rocks off. Much like a 12 inch dick or gallon of cumsplosion, everything is meant to be wildly exaggerated.
Also, just to note, in Nice Time for Roo one does not have to relate to the cuckold. One can relate to the heroine or the one stealing her.

so an Nice Time for Roo scenario would be more like Anno stealing me from syri instead of a joint venture between the  3 of us

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015

Depends on what you read. Most hentai is written like shit, but it's more apparent with Nice Time for Roo, because it tries to make you feel bad, but fails spectacularly because the way the lover gets stolen away is absolutely ridiculous and you wind up not giving a shit about it anyway.

For me, the saddest thing about Nice Time for Roo is the guy's unhealthy attraction to the girl like years after the fact, not the actual Nice Time for Roo, lol.

Nice Time for Roo isn't something you can properly write with a one off, if you start a Nice Time for Roo hentai, you need to be in it for the long run, but if the ending is just going to be the generic cumslut end, you have to be concise and not let it run on too long.

And you're correct, you can relate to the heroine or the one stealing her, but who really wants to? It just seems like wasted potential to go through the trouble of stealing someone's lover just to use them as a living onahole... I guess it's a power fantasy for the one stealing and being attractive enough to be fucked into mindlessness for the heroine? 

But, that's just me, if Nice Time for Roo's your thing, good for you.