PLAN B

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
There is the fact that she is mute and can't communicate all that well due to her injury.
I'm aware that she can't speak but PC has established some way to communicate with her (like hand gestures, etc.). I thought even with communication difficulties, if PC has learned all the moves with her, they've been with her for long enough to establish a better way to communicate with her (honestly not 100% sure if the communication becomes better as training goes on bc I didn't read all her texts). And perhaps been long enough to earn her trust (especially if PC decided to intimate with her) and bring up the topic.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Does sign language exist in game?? Would be interesting to see Zo using it to communicate with MC.. I know she does certain gestures to get her point across.

Reactions: luciel1331

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Does sign language exist in game?? Would be interesting to see Zo using it to communicate with MC.. I know she does certain gestures to get her point across.
It does not, unfortunately.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Communication through gestures and handsigns goes back well before the bronze age but only for very restricted uses. A formalized or even just a passable form of sign language is rather new... Relatively speaking.

Reactions: luciel1331

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Wonder if she'll using writing for getting her point across, but then one remembers that being able to read and write isn't that common.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
It's meant to be a hook for a future expack.
I wonder what is the probability chance of this expac becoming a reality. I assume it's one of those "maaaaaaaybe in the future" things that end up pretty low in the priority list.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Wonder if she'll using writing for getting her point across, but then one remembers that being able to read and write isn't that common.
I considered doing this when initially writing her, but I decided that it was cheating. The point of the character is to write a mute, and all the challenges that come with that - having her write on a whiteboard she carries around (figuratively) would neuter the exercise.

Last edited:

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Now that it's public, let me know what you think of Zo preg! Unfortunately I couldn't get around to updating the crib building so that's going to have to be a thing that's done later.

Lone Wolf115

Sweet and heartwarming. Kind of curious as to how Vai will develop. As he isn't a mute as the mom. Will he learn to speak? Or will he learn to communicate wordlessly and that's it?
The Champ will be the one to do that, I believe Zo and the pupper will have their own way of communication.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
BQ2 is a huge and technically demanding project. We're really gunning to have it done by next public patch.

Drake was posting updates in Discord about how the map would adapt to Matiha's transforming fortress, which is rad. I think that'd be the most difficult part done; next up would be Matiha combat and balancing, and after that, the millions of parsers.

Dec 9, 2018
Does anyone know if there are plans for a hypothetical corrupted Zo? because I want to unlock her abilities in my game
As far as I know, the only version of a corrupted Zo is when you first meet her when she's being attacked by centaurs, and if you don't help she's corrupted and only wants to masturbate and have sex. So no corrupted version of her powers sadly.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
The current versions of her powers are already really strong, dont need to make more.

EvilK

Aug 14, 2020
You'd need a full HP build to make it worth using and even then you'd need someone to heal you.
And even then it's not really worth it. You basically take half the damage you inflict (if you wear the mask).
That's pretty bad, especially when a fair few enemies have more health than our characters.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
And even then it's not really worth it. You basically take half the damage you inflict (if you wear the mask).
That's pretty bad, especially when a fair few enemies have more health than our characters.
Hm.

Hp is 100 + (25 * level) + (toughness * 5) + (presence * 2) + bonuses (Champion's Resolve and so on). Max stats are level * 3 +2.

So max HP at level 6 would be... 100 + (25 * 6) + ((6*3+2) * 5) + ((6*3+2) * 2) + 20 = 410. You inflict a third of that with Exertion, so 135 unavoidable (nice!) non-crit (boo!) damage to a single enemy while also dealing 82 damage to yourself.

Yeah, the ability is really not good. Even a build fully invested in pumping HP does kinda mediocre damage with it (you need two shots to kill a single enemy, normal single attackers are better and AoE deals more total damage).

If it was enough damage to one shot a weak mob (or two shot a strong one) I'd consider it at least because that'd be a niche but as it stands the ability isn't worth the slots. Even worse, the other At-Wills are far superior especially with stances now being automatic.

Levels are supposed to go to 10, so max damage would be 196. I wouldn't be surprised to see standard attacks doing more damage at that stage.

Last edited:

comedybomb

Oct 16, 2021
15 months after starting it, BerryQuest 2 is now finally live! Let me know what you think!
love the writing so far but I fear I’m too dumb for the tower puzzle. My best bet so far has been following the vines, which got me to Matiha’s study with letters, journals, and studies to read — but then I wound up back at the start.

Is there a chance for a hint?

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
love the writing so far but I fear I’m too dumb for the tower puzzle. My best bet so far has been following the vines, which got me to Matiha’s study with letters, journals, and studies to read — but then I wound up back at the start.

Is there a chance for a hint?
The in-game hint to solving the maze is to read carefully to the descriptions of the directions. I tend to put more effort and focus onto the direction that's correct than the others. For instance, the first correct move is the glowing veins going up the stairs; the second correct move is noticing that the room's only chair is facing north.

The solution is also being tossed around in Discord a bunch right now, if you don't want to deal with that.