PLAN B

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
Berwyn with pussy, yesssssssssssssssssss!
Ear97nFXYAMJ8fT.jpg

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
In order to minimize logistic headaches (and to not give myself a fucking mountain of work to do), Berwyn will always have at least one set of genitals. You cannot turn him into a Ken doll.

Keep in mind, the more variables there are, the harder it's going to be to write and the longer it's going to take. I've already committed to a shitload of possibilities - even just one change, like, "does Berwyn have boobs," immediately doubles the workload, especially if I write a scene of him titfucking you or something - and I'm still weighing the possibility of allowing a Berwyn with a flat chest and a vagina (and then, that wouldn't be a cuntboy, that'd just be a girl with a flat chest, wouldn't it? Berwyn has a very feminine form already) but that's primarily a cost-versus-payoff issue.
I feel like flatchested non-futa girls might actually be the rarest character-type in the game actually.

Pretty sure atm its only really the Merc Lieutenant but I could be wrong.

Think the other rarest would probably be... idk, muscle-men? Only Brint and Garret come to mind for that archetype.

Although Cboys might be rarer still... only one I have seen done atm is that one robot in the Jungle planet for TiTS and I do not think we have one in CoC2 right?

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Huh, the news of Berwyn without a penis are rather surprising.
I thought that would be off the table per the original writers idea?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I feel like flatchested non-futa girls might actually be the rarest character-type in the game actually.

One has to be VERY careful in their design so no idiot could ever think they were not an adult

P.S. An over compensating over muscled cunt boi could be an interesting character

Reactions: HalfALifeLol

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
One has to be VERY careful in their design so no idiot could ever think they were not an adult

P.S. An over compensating over muscled cunt boi could be an interesting character
....Ah.

Excuse me while I go die a little inside in horror at humanity's potential for idiocy.

If all else fails though... idk, make them absurdly tall? Cover them in scars and draw them drinking while having every character walking buy commenting on their compliance with the local drinking age? The more solutions I try to think of the more idiotic the topic seems to get.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Closest we can get to short and slight girls or boys is probably characters like Kohaku and Lyric who have exaggerated hips or is you know, a lizard person.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Since you said that you plan on continuing your work on Berwyn at 17th (or somewhere in near future), I guess that not everything is set in stone. So I do have to ask, have you ever considered in making Berwyn more manish/boyish? Not to crazy extent, mind you (I am fine either way), but making him somewhat taller, toned but still feminine/androgynous? Maybe bring his somewhat back like he used to what he used to look like before all that TF fuckery?

Still, I do love everything that is here and I already commend how much work you are putting in. Try to not ger burned out tho.

FalconHalo

May 28, 2018
I might just be an idiot, but how does one get the mask from Zo? I've completed all of her training and seen her best impression of a solar system.

Quicksilver Tongue

Apr 2, 2021
The demon girl is one of my favorite encounters in the game, or would be if it didn't recur quite so persistently in the late game; in general basically all the encounters in the game happen too often for my taste). In particular, the description of the pussy-tail absolutely blew my mind the first time it happened. Nowadays I pretty much just use her to crank up my corruption, simply for the sake of doing so, because I've done everything else.

Reactions: B

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I might just be an idiot, but how does one get the mask from Zo? I've completed all of her training and seen her best impression of a solar system.
iirc you also need to have sex with her.

There's been a lot of discussion - and a lot of misinformation - on what to expect wrt changing Berry's body on the conclusion of BerryQuest 2. I don't want to give too much away since, particularly for quests, the plot and its progression is supposed to be a major draw (and the sex is the reward/payoff), but I want to at least clarify some things:

There won't be an opportunity to change his stature/tone. His height and his supple softness will stay the same.
I don't intend to change things like his thighs, his butt, his hair, or his arms and legs or whatever. The intent is to try and keep his current design as intact as possible.

But, optionally, you CAN:

Give him boobs. I'm still deciding how big they'll be and if you'll have the option to choose how big they can be (between a selection of options; don't expect a sliding scale)
Shrink his dick. The original plan was to either keep his dick as-is; shrink it to half (so, ten inches); or to remove it entirely and replace it with a vagina. There's been some requests to give him a microdick; I'm personally not sold on the idea but it's still going to be a long while before we get to that point.
Give him a vagina to go with his dick.

The focus of the quest is to give Berwyn more character development; not to change his body and turn him into another blob like Champ/Steele. It may sound disappointing to hear, but consider how many options are currently planned: he could be totally unchanged; he could be completely changed; he could have big boobs with a big dick; he could have a small dick with big boobs; he could be flat with no dick... this isn't a small amount of variables that I'm promising to fulfill and I'm just one guy. But the want to see Berwyn with a pair of big ol' titties is pretty intense, and I wanted to step up to meet that demand, so, I'm doing what I think is within my scope.

If you hear somewhere that Berwyn is going to have this and that and the other thing, but you didn't hear it from me, then assume it's a personal wishlist or something that's being passed off as scripture.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018

There's been a lot of discussion - and a lot of misinformation - on what to expect wrt changing Berry's body on the conclusion of BerryQuest 2. I don't want to give too much away since, particularly for quests, the plot and its progression is supposed to be a major draw (and the sex is the reward/payoff), but I want to at least clarify some things:

There won't be an opportunity to change his stature/tone. His height and his supple softness will stay the same.
I don't intend to change things like his thighs, his butt, his hair, or his arms and legs or whatever. The intent is to try and keep his current design as intact as possible.

But, optionally, you CAN:

Give him boobs. I'm still deciding how big they'll be and if you'll have the option to choose how big they can be (between a selection of options; don't expect a sliding scale)
Shrink his dick. The original plan was to either keep his dick as-is; shrink it to half (so, ten inches); or to remove it entirely and replace it with a vagina. There's been some requests to give him a microdick; I'm personally not sold on the idea but it's still going to be a long while before we get to that point.
Give him a vagina to go with his dick.

The focus of the quest is to give Berwyn more character development; not to change his body and turn him into another blob like Champ/Steele. It may sound disappointing to hear, but consider how many options are currently planned: he could be totally unchanged; he could be completely changed; he could have big boobs with a big dick; he could have a small dick with big boobs; he could be flat with no dick... this isn't a small amount of variables that I'm promising to fulfill and I'm just one guy. But the want to see Berwyn with a pair of big ol' titties is pretty intense, and I wanted to step up to meet that demand, so, I'm doing what I think is within my scope.

If you hear somewhere that Berwyn is going to have this and that and the other thing, but you didn't hear it from me, then assume it's a personal wishlist or something that's being passed off as scripture.
Dude, you put in good work and we are all grateful for.

As much as I would like flat, no-dick Berwyn (just for the novelty of the body type), if you can't do it due to sheer scope-creep then that's just the breaks.

Can't speak for others but I will be more than happy with anything we get as long as you enjoy it!

Ireyon

May 14, 2018

That's not possible. I turned her down and still got the mask. I literally couldn't have sex with her (filed a bug report about the scene). I just think you have to train with her and it randomly triggers.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
To preface what I'm about to say, since the topic is currently on Berwyn: I work on commission and my focus is currently spread between five different projects. I normally dedicate one week to a TiTS project; one to a CoC2 project; one to a Super Secret project that hasn't been announced and will likely be in development for another year or two; one that I work on every Sunday (my Twine game, Equivalent Exchange); and a personal project that I work on whenever I get a bit of time to. Saturdays are my day off.

The CoC2 project is Berwyn, of course, and I'll be getting back to him next Monday. This week was supposed to be a TiTS week, but it couldn't creatively work out in TiTS's setting, so it was ported to CoC2 instead, meaning I'll be alternating between it and Berwyn in two back-to-back weeks.

And I'm ready to announce that project now:

Agnimitra the Phoenix!

Agnimitra is a harpy that you can find in the Wayfort after the events of Winter City. She's introduced as a frail old homeless woman wearing tatters; shortly after you meet her, she vanishes in a flash of light, leaving behind only her clothes and a single downy feather that's hot to the touch. You can revive her by bringing her remains to the Temple of Terrestrial Fire and offering them to the sacrificial statue, and when you do, she'll be in the prime of her life; naked as the day she hatched; and randy as hell.

Agnimitra (or Agni for short) has the sex drive of a woman that's been backed up for decades of her life, and she caters mostly to casual fuckbuddy sex; while she prefers to top, it isn't a dom/sub thing and she just has too much sexual energy to lie on her back and let someone else to the work.
She reaches her shaky hand towards you, her fingers grasping at the air for your own. You give her your right hand, palm up; her thin, spindly fingers wrap around your wrist to keep you steady while her left hand reaches up with her index finger extended.

“Your name?” she asks weakly. You give it to her; she coughs once. “My time’s nearly here,” she croaks. “[pc.isDK|If you really care|But if you can], [pc.name]… bring my remains here.”

[pc.isDK|She’s resigned to it already. That’s unfortunate for you both.|You insist; you’re not about to let her go without at least putting in a concerted effort. “It’s okay,” she says with a tone of voice that only a tired, old woman could give. “This happens a lot.”]

With her index finger pressed against the palm of your hand, she begins tracing lines across your skin. You were prepared to try and memorize an invisible map, but as the woman traces her line across your hand, she leaves dark streaks where her fingers touch and drag, drawing a quite literal map on the palm of your hand.

When she’s done, you bring your hand up to your face to better see what she had just drawn on you. You close your hand and open it again, and the map becomes distorted and messy, but still legible. You gently press your own left index finger to the dark lines, and the black, dusty material clings to your digit when you pull away. Is it… soot?
Standing on the bronze bowl is a woman, her head reared back and her back arched with her arms spread as she bellows her voice to the halls of the temple. Her shout isn’t of one in pain – she sounds more like she had just climbed a mountain and is shouting her jubilance to the world just for the sake of it. Or, perhaps, she’s capping a particularly raucous ballad and she’s putting far more effort into it than it deserves.

The woman is a harpy, based on the plumage in her hair; the downy feathers trailing across her arms; and the telltale taloned toes she touts. She has one foot in the bowl and the other raised up to its rim, with her talons curling around the bowl’s edge for stability. She looks fairly young, perhaps in her early twenties, and her skin is smooth and clean all over, from her scalp to her soles. And she’s completely naked.

“Man!” she yells, ending her long, tireless bellow. “Ain’t nothing like a nice, hot bath to make a woman feel young again!”
“Let’s get all the questions I’m sure you have out of the way.” She lifts both of her hands, extending their index fingers and laying them across each other. “My name is Agnimitra, but I’ll let you call me Agni for short. Or maybe Queen Agnimitra, First Of Her Kind, Beauty Of Tronarii, Fiercest Of The Harpies, if we have the time.” Her eyes drop from yours to scan the rest of your body. “Or maybe just Babe. I’d let you call me that. Once we get a little better acquainted, anyway.”

Agnimitra extends her left middle finger and lays her right index finger across it as well. “I’m not exactly your average harpy: I’m a phoenix. I’ve been blessed with life unending; with time unstopping; with mortal not-being. From expiration comes aspiration; from exhalation comes reanimation. You might have heard the myths and the legends. I’m something of a <b>big fuckin’ deal</b>.”

She extends her left ring finger and lays her index finger across it as well. “And finally, being reborn always, <b>always</b> puts me in the mood. Do you have any idea what it’s like to grow old and frail, with all the sex drive and appeal of a cold puddle of mud, and the next thing you know, you’ve been reborn into the prime of your life?” Her grip tightens on her index finger as she grinds her thighs together in front of you. “Hot damn, I have <b>decades</b> worth of backlog to catch up on, and you look like just the kind of [pc.mf|guy|girl] that can lend a hand – or something maybe a bit more <b>exciting.</b>”
In short order, you’re as naked as she is – and as soon as you are, her arms wrap around your body, clamping hard onto your [pc.ass]. You feel the sharp claws of her fingers sink into the tender flesh of your butt; not content to just cop a feel, though, she lifts your cheeks and pulls them apart, playing with the fats of your ass and feeling them jiggle in her grip.

Her body feels hot – hotter than you had expected. Her plumage on her head and her arms continue to crackle and fizzle, with the errant wick of an ember flitting off her body and vanishing into the air around her, and yet, no smoke emanates from her body. The rest of her skin is hot to the touch, as if she had been spending too much time in the sun: not so hot that you need to pull away, but hot enough that you squirm.

“Don’t mind me,” she says, her breath coming out in a dry husk. “Just getting… hhnnff….” She leans in, her nose pressed to the crook of your neck, and she takes a long, hearty drag of your scent. “Just… getting reacquainted with my own sex drive. Gods….” She pulls away, her nose just a few inches from yours, as she stares hard into your eyes. “Don’t take your youth for granted, [pc.name]. Fuck as many [pc.mf|women you can. Or men, whatever, it’s an open world.|men as you can. And the women, obviously. Girls are great.]” Her hands clench down on your ass once more. “Actually: fuck <b>me</b>. Fuck me as many times as you can. As often as you can, as hard as you can. I need you to fuck me until I forget what year it is. I need you to get me to baptize every room in this temple. That sounds good to me. Let’s do that.”
As usual, you can read the public version of the document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o-kjy-GOS8GV7micj85TcXmSh-Gtgv1AKeLO_6xgD-Y/edit#

All future updates will go on a doc available on my Patreon: https://patreon.com/TheLetterB The Patreon doc currently has about 1,800 more words of content available for reading.

I'll be returning to Agnimitra on the 31st, and to Berwyn on the 17th!

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Pity. But everything else sounds like it will please louder majority. So good on ya.

To preface what I'm about to say, since the topic is currently on Berwyn: I work on commission and my focus is currently spread between five different projects. I normally dedicate one week to a TiTS project; one to a CoC2 project; one to a Super Secret project that hasn't been announced and will likely be in development for another year or two; one that I work on every Sunday (my Twine game, Equivalent Exchange); and a personal project that I work on whenever I get a bit of time to. Saturdays are my day off.

The CoC2 project is Berwyn, of course, and I'll be getting back to him next Monday. This week was supposed to be a TiTS week, but it couldn't creatively work out in TiTS's setting, so it was ported to CoC2 instead, meaning I'll be alternating between it and Berwyn in two back-to-back weeks.

And I'm ready to announce that project now:

Agnimitra the Phoenix!

Agnimitra is a harpy that you can find in the Wayfort after the events of Winter City. She's introduced as a frail old homeless woman wearing tatters; shortly after you meet her, she vanishes in a flash of light, leaving behind only her clothes and a single downy feather that's hot to the touch. You can revive her by bringing her remains to the Temple of Terrestrial Fire and offering them to the sacrificial statue, and when you do, she'll be in the prime of her life; naked as the day she hatched; and randy as hell.

Agnimitra (or Agni for short) has the sex drive of a woman that's been backed up for decades of her life, and she caters mostly to casual fuckbuddy sex; while she prefers to top, it isn't a dom/sub thing and she just has too much sexual energy to lie on her back and let someone else to the work.

As usual, you can read the public version of the document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o-kjy-GOS8GV7micj85TcXmSh-Gtgv1AKeLO_6xgD-Y/edit#

All future updates will go on a doc available on my Patreon: https://patreon.com/TheLetterB The Patreon doc currently has about 1,800 more words of content available for reading.

I'll be returning to Agnimitra on the 31st, and to Berwyn on the 17th!
Yes, I can not remember when last we had female fuckbuddy. So nice.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I was asked about what I'm going to do with Berwyn's pronouns on Twitter, and I figure it might be best to copy my answer to here so more people are aware of what my plans are.

Since you're going to be able to feminize Berry, the truth is that his pronouns are a bit of a sticky subject and it comes down to what sort of customization I'm willing to give the player, and I'm still trying to decide for myself what I should do. What I'd like to do is "if he has boobs or a vagina, then his pronouns are feminine," which is really simplified and basic but it also keeps things realistically feasible wrt workload. I may have to give the player the option to choose, like I did with Lyric.

This would mean going through his existing scenes are adding the [berwyn.hisHer] parser to every instance of his pronouns. Obviously, I'm not a stranger to this kind of workload - I've done it once before with Lyric and I'm writing my own Twine game on the side, and Nikol has a sliding scale of behaviours that he can have, so what I'm planning with Berwyn is essentially just cramming all of those ideas together. But it's going to be one more thing to keep track of and the more I add to him, the longer it's going to take; the less attractive he's going to be for future content, especially from other writers; and the bigger hole it's going to burn in Savin's pocket. And the crazier it'll make me, eventually.

And there's still Astraea and Matiha to write, too.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I was asked about what I'm going to do with Berwyn's pronouns on Twitter, and I figure it might be best to copy my answer to here so more people are aware of what my plans are.

Since you're going to be able to feminize Berry, the truth is that his pronouns are a bit of a sticky subject and it comes down to what sort of customization I'm willing to give the player, and I'm still trying to decide for myself what I should do. What I'd like to do is "if he has boobs or a vagina, then his pronouns are feminine," which is really simplified and basic but it also keeps things realistically feasible wrt workload. I may have to give the player the option to choose, like I did with Lyric.

This would mean going through his existing scenes are adding the [berwyn.hisHer] parser to every instance of his pronouns. Obviously, I'm not a stranger to this kind of workload - I've done it once before with Lyric and I'm writing my own Twine game on the side, and Nikol has a sliding scale of behaviours that he can have, so what I'm planning with Berwyn is essentially just cramming all of those ideas together. But it's going to be one more thing to keep track of and the more I add to him, the longer it's going to take; the less attractive he's going to be for future content, especially from other writers; and the bigger hole it's going to burn in Savin's pocket.

And there's still Astraea and Matiha to write, too.
I think it would work out best if you did it like Lyric. (S)He has a gender pronouns based on what is between their legs. Which would mean him/her only being able to have one set of tools. Which would not only simplify your workload by not needing to write scenes where Berwyn has both, but it would also make it easier to write parsers I would imagine. Hell, I am not sure how much difference this would make, maybe do it so that if he has a dick, you can change its size only. If she has a vagina, only her breast. Because, if you are really cramming all of that work you have done into one character, I think no one would be disappointed if you lessen up your workload. Since what you are doing is already an undertaking considering that the dog boy was not planned with what you are writing in mind.

Last edited:

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
I think it would work out best if you did it like Lyric. (S)He has a gender pronouns based on what is between her legs. Which would mean him/her only being able to have one set of tools. Which would not only simplify your workload by not needing to write scenes wheew Berwyn has both, but it would also make it easier to write parsers I would imagine. Hell, I am not sure how much difference this would make, maybe do it so that if he has a dick, you can change its size only. If she has a vagina, only her breast. Because, if you are really cramming all of that work you have done into one character, I think no one would be disappointed if you lessen up your workload. Since what you are doing is already an undertaking considering that the dog boy was not planned with what you are writing in mind.
Yap, it's already a pretty big and admirable effort B is putting in by even taking this into account. I do not think anyone can reasonably blame them for simplifying the process where possible.

Not to mention, the simpler it is the easier it is for others to jump in later. Even if you locked Berwyn into 3 states (M/H/F), that is already a pretty major work which few authors are willing to tackle and worthy of respect.

Kizrah

Jan 17, 2021
I was asked about what I'm going to do with Berwyn's pronouns on Twitter

Sorry again for not just asking here :oops:

you said "if he has boobs or a vagina, then his pronouns are feminine," there too, and it is specific enough to make me think that means boobs and dick won't change his pronouns. From what I know about characters in these type of games, it's kind of inconsequential what is in their pants, but I can't think of any male character that has breasts.

This is a huge project to work on, but there is at least 2 good things! Luckily, Berwynn is already an androgynous or feminine sounding name, and if it means a new dickgirl waifu Savin will probably write you a blank check. ;):D:D

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Working on BerryQuest 2 this week! Updated it with 2,400 words - in this update, you and Berry enter Matiha's fortress, but... well, there's a bit of a snag.
Just as before, the wooden posts lead into a wide-open courtyard, with plenty of space given between the center of the yard and the sturdy stone walls of the fortress. Last time you had entered, the place had been converted from whatever it was before into an herb garden: now, it’s still a garden, but the flora it’s home to is… not something that you recognize.

Long, thicky ivy vines sprawl across whatever ground is beneath the fortress, wriggling their way through the loam and tearing the paths up as they go. Sections of the vines sport buds; others sport flowers; others sport fruit, fully ripened and matured; and others sport dead flowers, dried leaves, and rotten fruits that weigh the rest of the vine down. Green veins pulsate throughout the lengths of the ivy; the white-and-blue petals of the flowers are punctuated by thin lines of green coursing through them, and the fruits on the stem glow with the brightness of a torch, displaying their innards through their skin – and revealing that they each only have a single, massive seed inside them. Their lights gently pulsate, but they quicken when you approach, and the vine ever-so-slightly shifts away from you… and towards Berwyn.
Once you put one foot in front of the other, the bricks of the fortress shimmer and rattle against each other. The pulsating green veins coursing between them become more vibrant and intense – and, without warning, they break apart from each other, lifting into the air and swirling around you in a tempest of baked clay and magically-charged sand and caulk.

Bricks whiz past your head and they flow like water between you and Berwyn. They rip apart the fortress, brick by brick, one at a time, causing flakes of their dust to fling from their surface and add to the cyclone swirling around you.

By the time the whirling storm of brick begins to encroach on your standing position, they begin to calm, settling back down in uniform locations around the foundation of the fortress. The grating noise of brick sliding against brick echoes into a loud, unsettling cacophony; the spaces between them are filled with their caulking once more, and the spaces between <b>that</b> are filled with whatever grains of dust are available, until… it all stops.

Berwyn is still with you; after quickly checking yourself for any injuries, you ask him if he’s alright. “Y-yeah, I think so,” he says with a shaky voice, his hands running over his chest and stomach for any bruises. “They all missed, I think.”

You take a moment to assess what had just happened. You look around the room you’re in – and you quickly realize that you don’t recognize it. You’re in a small, mostly-featureless room with doors to your east and south (or, at least, the directions you assume to be east and south); the east door appears to lead to a staircase, just as you were heading towards.

You and Berwyn come to the same realization with a start: the fortress can <b>change.</b> The very layout of the building can transform on a whim. You’ll never know where you’re going; you’ll have no idea where you came from; and, you’re sure, if the fortress wanted to, it could quite literally spit you back out, into the courtyard at the entrance.

You ask if this is more of Matiha’s doing. “Probably,” he answers, then recants. “Maybe? I mean… she has the strength to teleport the whole damn thing into a dimension in between realities. Changing the shape of the building sounds like it’d be pretty easy in comparison.”

He kneels down and runs his fingers across the stone on the floor, tracing the green veins interlocking the bricks with each other. “But… it’d take a lot of concentration. That’s a lot of small moving parts, and every single one of them missed us both. It <b>could</b> be done, especially with the kind of power Matiha may have, but….”

He turns his hand over, inspecting his fingers. They’re clean as could be. “It’d be easier if… the fortress just did that by itself.”

Is he suggesting that the fortress has a thought process? That it <b>consciously</b> did what it just did?

“The way I see it, there are three possibilities,” he continues, standing up and patting down his knees. “Either Matiha just did all of that by herself; the Ways Between did that without any input from Matiha; or some combination of the two.”

You ask him which of the three possibilities would be the worst for you two.

“The third one,” he answers immediately, his eyes locking onto yours, “because it means that Matiha is somehow <b>communicating</b> with the Ways Between.”

Perfect. One more thing to worry about.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated BerryQuest with 1,940 words! This update focuses on Matiha's shapeshifting fortress dungeon and gets roughly halfway through the intended route.

... since it's all room descriptions, there isn't much text that's shareworthy, and that'll probably be the case for a little bit. Sorry!

bono321

Jun 22, 2020
I‘m apparently in the small minority whose favorite character is the current Berwyn with his bratty/dominant attitude.

So I appreciate you keeping us up to date on your plans and that the possible changes wont be too drastic, as I was kinda worried it would crowd out his current direction. Looking forward to the quest.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated BerryQuest with 3,800 words! Sorry for missing yesterday. It's all just boring dungeon room descriptions. But this should be the last of them, and I can get started on writing more exciting stuff for the dungeon!
However, as you approach the top of the stairs, you feel Berwyn tug at your [pc.upperGarments] to stop you in your tracks. “Hold on,” he whispers; his giant, furry ears poking through the brim of his hat fidget and twist on his head, trying to lock onto something in particular. “Do you hear that?”

You turn your heard to one side, cocking your right ear up to the air as you listen for whatever he’s referring to. [pc.cunningRange 0 50|But you don’t hear anything – the fortress is as quiet as the dead.

“Exactly,” Berwyn whispers. “It’s not moving. We must be getting close to something.”

To Matiha?

“We’re about to find out,” he grimaces, trying to maintain a steely demeanor.|You listen for anything from the errant buzz of the magic flowing through the veins in the bricks to the sound of your breathing, but nothing stands out of the ordinary.

That’s when you realize it: there’s <b>nothing</b> out of the <b>ordinary.</b> In a dimension where ordinary is a verboten thing. There’s no scraping of brick on brick; there’s no howling of the wind as the stones smash through them to reassemble somewhere. The fortress has stopped.

“Yeah,” Berwyn agrees, his steely eyes on you. “We must be getting close to something.”

To Matiha? You sort of doubt it….

“So do I,” he frowns, his brow furrowing. “But there’s only one way to find out.”]
You put your hands on the wooden door and, gathering your courage, you give it a gentle push, ready for whatever might be on the other side of it. You keep your hand on your [pc.weapon], and Berwyn stands tensely behind you, his hands ready to cast whatever incantation he needs as soon as he needs it.

But what you see on the other side of the door isn’t Matiha – it’s her old sleeping quarters. Hers and Berwyn’s.

At the sight of his old bed, and his old dresser, and his old living space, Berwyn’s posture immediately deflates; his arms sink to his sides and his eyebrows rise in surprise. He steps cautiously into the room as his eyes stay glued to his old affects and belongings; everything is as exactly as you two had left it{has Berwyn’s panties:, down to you leaving his panty drawer slightly ajar when you raided it}.

He steps up to the edge of his bed and he places a hand gently on its cushions, feeling it sink underneath his touch. His eyes narrow and his stare goes off somewhere else, focusing on something a million miles away; as soon as his hand touches down on the mattress of his bed, all of the memories from his time with Matiha come rushing back to him, all at once.

Berwyn stays like that for a moment. He breathes gently through his nose, and, eventually, his eyelids begin to sink; he almost looks as if he might fall asleep at any moment.

“Matiha’s not far from here,” he says eventually, taking a deep breath as he does. “This room’s almost totally undisturbed. She wouldn’t put herself too far away from it.”

You ask him if he knows just <b>how</b> close.

“I don’t know,” he answers. “But… close. We just need to keep it up.” His eyes go back to you, the earlier resolve and steely indignation restored to his pupils. Some of the insecurity that he had before has vanished – not all of it, but enough to straighten his spine. “Let’s get going.”
Eventually, your pathway opens to a dome-shaped room with a rectangular window carved out of its northern side; the room otherwise doesn’t have a lot of features to distinguish itself.

Save for one thing:

// First time

In the center of the room is a wide, circular pit that goes down far enough that, when you peer over the side, all you see is darkness. Next to the hole is a simple, ordinary wooden bucket with a thin metal handle; tied to the handle is a rope; attached to the rope is a crane that’s built into the floor. The rope feeds through the crane and it disappears into the hole the crane is built into, so you can’t see how much slack the rope has.

Given the context clues, you surmise that this might be a watering hole of some nature. You give the bucket a quick once over, confirming two things: that, first, it is, indeed, an ordinary bucket, and that it hasn’t been used in some time.

Curiosity getting the better of you – you wonder what in the Ways Between would pass for water – you drop the bucket into the hole. The rope attached to the crane whizzes and unravels as the bucket falls and falls.

And falls and falls and falls and falls.

And falls and falls and falls.

Minutes pass by. The bucket fails to hit the ground and the crane fails to run out of slack.

It’s… fairly safe to gauge that there’s nothing waiting for you here.

// Else

In the center of the room is a wide, circular pit, and beside that pit is a wooden crane with a rope being fed through its design. The rope is unraveling itself into the pit, feeding itself into the darkness of the hole in the floor.

The last time you came into this room, there was a bucket tied to the other end of that rope, and you, out of curiosity, dropped the bucket into the well. Who knows how long it’s been since you did that; it could have been hours, for all the wandering you’ve done since then. And not only has the bucket not hit the ground, but the crane hasn’t run out of rope.

You probably shouldn’t think about it.

Kopiv

May 21, 2021
I‘m apparently in the small minority whose favorite character is the current Berwyn with his bratty/dominant attitude.

So I appreciate you keeping us up to date on your plans and that the possible changes wont be too drastic, as I was kinda worried it would crowd out his current direction. Looking forward to the quest.
Honestly? Same.

I'm glad that there's the opportunity to change him around, but I hope that we can keep him mostly the same. The dominant femboy(twink?) trope is so rare that I'm honestly not sure if I've seen it anywhere else, so Berry was an instant favourite for me.

The bad end B wrote for him was also just incredible, so I hope we get similar stuff, as long as it's not too much hassle to write. Altough by the sound of things submissive boob-Berwyn will probably hog the spotlight, which is fine of course since obviously a lot of people want that, it's just not for me lol.