Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

eyecourt

Jan 22, 2016
Is anyone else getting weird glitches where the text or status tab melds with the action buttons? After a few minutes of playing, the games text would just randomly appear in the bottom of the window where the commands are and just look messy. It also seems to affect the save window as I kept seeing the top left half of the window would cover the save button until I put my cursor over it.

No idea how this is happening, it's just the second time this has occured so far.

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
Is anyone else getting weird glitches where the text or status tab melds with the action buttons? After a few minutes of playing, the games text would just randomly appear in the bottom of the window where the commands are and just look messy. It also seems to affect the save window as I kept seeing the top left half of the window would cover the save button until I put my cursor over it.

No idea how this is happening, it's just the second time this has occured so far.

That is very strange. What operating system and version of Java are you using? Can you post a screenshot?

E

ero

2.1.01: When you save after a night, then reload that save, you jump directly to the next night/game (no "go to sleep" option).

Is this a problem on my end or maybe intentional?

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
As you may have noticed, the name is pretty much all there is at this point. After writing this post I'll start filling things in.

There are three bugs in there; two which were caused by an assumption that an orgasm is always directly caused by an opponent, which isn't the case, and the third that the nurse's gloves are assigned to the arms slot, but the game tries to remove them from the hands slot when they wear out. These have been fixed. The clothing changing is very strange. Ryplinn overhauled the JSON infrastructure, but that seems to work fine. Intriguing.

For Eve's addiction, I'm thinking of using the fact that she is based on fetishes and have her give the player a kind of 'Eve fetish'. What form that will take and what effects it will have is to be determined. It might involve her more easily fucking the player's ass, since that is her favorite pastime. The daytime scene(s) might turn out a little sadistic, in a tough love sort of way.

Semen addiction? I really would like to see a scene of the PC blowing her. I honestly wouldn't peg her (get it?) as a sadist though, she just loves using that dick.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
2.1.01: When you save after a night, then reload that save, you jump directly to the next night/game (no "go to sleep" option).

Is this a problem on my end or maybe intentional?

In the save overhaul, the order of some things was changed causing the manual save to occur before setting the internal time to day, so when loading the game would start at night again. This was not a problem for autosaves, those happen right after the time is set.

Semen addiction? I really would like to see a scene of the PC blowing her. I honestly wouldn't peg her (get it?) as a sadist though, she just loves using that dick.

That is a good idea. It could force the player to give random blowjobs when possible, inflicting fetish-like temptation damage. It also creates an easy trigger: internal cumshots. The withdrawal effect could be pretty nasty, too: being forced to randomly throw Priapus Drafts at people and getting a cock fetish at the same time. The only downside is that given the malleable nature of bodies in the game, Eve might end up dickless at some point. I'll probably just give her the Stable Form perk.

I'm also thinking of making oral skills unavailable in the neutral position, like they used to be a long time ago. It seems a little weird that characters would get down on their knees and not get pushed down or something. I could also make it so that you can only do oral while standing if the opponent is restrained, charmed or enthralled. Opinions?

eyecourt

Jan 22, 2016
That is very strange. What operating system and version of Java are you using? Can you post a screenshot?

My computer doesn't seem to want me to, as in, my print screen button doesn't wanna work nor do I know how to. But the problem seemed to have fixed itself after I stopped cheating so hard (I am a fiend for the Debug tool because I see the new stuff quickly and I'm too bad at the game to learn better) Another issue shot up with Predator and Prey where if I volunteer, it'll just show me that I have the flag for the rest of eternity and there is a very slight bug with staying silent but I pushed past that into the game, it wouldn't load up any text for when I go into a new area.

So far, not using debug fixed it, probably a anti-cheat thing to tell me to stop cheating or something, won't stop me now.

The game is now refusing to let me use leveling points every time I level up, I level and it says 'okay', the xp go away and no point selection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
The game is now refusing to let me use leveling points every time I level up, I level and it says 'okay', the xp go away and no point selection.

You really ought to post that log file, usually when the buttons go away then there's something broken.

I'm also thinking of making oral skills unavailable in the neutral position, like they used to be a long time ago. It seems a little weird that characters would get down on their knees and not get pushed down or something. I could also make it so that you can only do oral while standing if the opponent is restrained, charmed or enthralled. Opinions?

This seems like a good idea but there's two ways available - you could restrict it, but you could also up the counter chance? Though that might be hard to grasp, from a player's perspective.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
My computer doesn't seem to want me to, as in, my print screen button doesn't wanna work nor do I know how to. But the problem seemed to have fixed itself after I stopped cheating so hard (I am a fiend for the Debug tool because I see the new stuff quickly and I'm too bad at the game to learn better) Another issue shot up with Predator and Prey where if I volunteer, it'll just show me that I have the flag for the rest of eternity and there is a very slight bug with staying silent but I pushed past that into the game, it wouldn't load up any text for when I go into a new area.

So far, not using debug fixed it, probably a anti-cheat thing to tell me to stop cheating or something, won't stop me now.

So to clarify, this only happens when using the debug tool? (And no, it's not a deliberate anti-cheat thing. A deliberate anti-cheat thing would be disabling the tool.)

eyecourt

Jan 22, 2016
So to clarify, this only happens when using the debug tool? (And no, it's not a deliberate anti-cheat thing. A deliberate anti-cheat thing would be disabling the tool.)

Seems like it, it works fine for several rounds of the games then it just suddenly happens.

Maybe my save would shed some light? (Don't mind the XP, I just wanted to hyperlevel Ninjitsu really hard and see what skills there are as I couldn't do so with the original non-modded game)

View attachment player.ngs

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
It's the rank issue again - the commit I wanted to revert earlier because it breaks things

availableAttributePoints += growth.attributes[rank];

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException for index 4.

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
	at nightgames.characters.Player.ding(Player.java:385)
	at nightgames.characters.Character.levelUpIfPossible(Character.java:3069)
	at nightgames.combat.Combat.end(Combat.java:805)
	at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton.lambda$0(GUI.java:1405)

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
I could have sworn I'd fixed this already. And I did. For NPCs.

My bad. I kinda worded that post a bit too rude, I think. Had no real intention of being rude; thought it was a bug that was already reported and felt a bit miffed but really shouldn't have outed it like that =/. It's partially my fault too, I think - I ran into this one earlier myself, but assumed it was the same as the character one... so I just locally fixed it and treated it as "already fixed upstream".

Anyway, I'll take a look and see if there's anywhere else rank might cause issues.

---

EDIT: Doesn't seem like there are any other places where rank can be an issue. The code for the rank safety check can be simplified, so I made a commit and appropriate pull request for that. I applied the same fix for Player, since I don't know whether you fixed this already.

svnhddbst

Dec 4, 2015
So, as I've been playing, I more and more notice how the girls don't use their strapons or any other tools, at all. Would someone please tell me what to change on the in the files to make them use them even occasionally?

Technicolour

Apr 14, 2016
On a slightly related note, i noticed the female/male preference bar is missing.

I'm sorry to bring up something that i'm 90% sure someone else has probably brought up before but ive been away for a while xD;

how do you alter male/female preference now?  

is there a way to make NPCs more likely to grow dicks in game or will i have to go into the save files?

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
That is a good idea. It could force the player to give random blowjobs when possible, inflicting fetish-like temptation damage. It also creates an easy trigger: internal cumshots. The withdrawal effect could be pretty nasty, too: being forced to randomly throw Priapus Drafts at people and getting a cock fetish at the same time. The only downside is that given the malleable nature of bodies in the game, Eve might end up dickless at some point. I'll probably just give her the Stable Form perk.

Withdrawal is an issue, because it is easily avoided here by just not getting Priapus Drafts. But otherwise cool. Instead of the Stable Form perk (unless it is too difficult to do), it should just be a perk that prevents her cock from vanishing/shrinking (maybe even trying to shrink it makes it bigger!). Would be fun.

About the Oral skills, how about another position similar to Oral Pin but it is submissive for the character on their knees and it could function similar to facesitting. Face-Fucking was something I wish was in the game a long time ago. Heck, I'd love more poses for non-intercourse in general (There is like 6 or 7 for penetrative penis/vagina sex already), being pinned down with a foot, squeezing someone against the wall with your ass, Holding someone upside down to blow them or eating them out from behind etc.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Withdrawal is an issue, because it is easily avoided here by just not getting Priapus Drafts. But otherwise cool. Instead of the Stable Form perk (unless it is too difficult to do), it should just be a perk that prevents her cock from vanishing/shrinking (maybe even trying to shrink it makes it bigger!). Would be fun.

About the Oral skills, how about another position similar to Oral Pin but it is submissive for the character on their knees and it could function similar to facesitting. Face-Fucking was something I wish was in the game a long time ago. Heck, I'd love more poses for non-intercourse in general (There is like 6 or 7 for penetrative penis/vagina sex already), being pinned down with a foot, squeezing someone against the wall with your ass, Holding someone upside down to blow them or eating them out from behind etc.

Or Eve could buy the player some. (That is, they would get some amount each night while in withdrawal.)

There is a face fuck skill, although it doesn't have its own stance. You need 15 Fetish points to unlock it. (You can unlock Fetish by inquiring about S&M Gear at the Black Market.)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Another bugfix release, with a lot of help from Ryplinn and Pimvgd, thanks!

https://mega.nz/#!lI5UzDKI!L-BqLlxVdmLoDayj9phnIxHscgWbB_8O_CIIlV2joQU

This also includes an option to force the game to use female pronouns for all opponents regardless of their gender.

Changelog:

Ryplinn:
    -Fixed a bug where the clock would be stuck after loading a game.
    -Disabling images no longer also disables portraits.
    -Fixed affection and attraction not loading correctly.
Pimvgd:
    -Fixed Use Aphrodisiac for succubi and slimes.
    -Fixed some text issues.
    -Improved handling of rank.
    -Modified some skill messages to use characters' gender instead of assuming female.
dndw:
    -Fix manual saves after match being loaded at start of match.
    -Added option to always use female pronouns for opponents, regardless of anatomy. (In the Options screen.)
    -Added "Futanari Time" custom start, made by MotoKuchoma.
    (-Some unfinished work on Jewel's addiction.)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015

Two bugs here. One again related to day/night switching, where the time display would assume that a match is always going on at night when the match may in fact be in the process of starting, the other caused by half-finished addiction-related stuff which I shouldn't have included in the first place. I've updated the links.

E

ero

@devs

Are NPC vs. NPC characters fully simulated or is the result auto-resolved in a different way? If it's the former, would it be possible to simply watch the fight go down between them (see every turn they make) instead of either helping either of them or moving to a different area? I suppose it would add a touch of voyeurism to the game.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
@devs

Are NPC vs. NPC characters fully simulated or is the result auto-resolved in a different way? If it's the former, would it be possible to simply watch the fight go down between them (see every turn they make) instead of either helping either of them or moving to a different area? I suppose it would add a touch of voyeurism to the game.

Mostly fully simulated; they're ended if it goes on too long. Watching every turn could be made possible, but most of the text would be screwed up. Here's an example of the text that's being printed

//when attacking... (dealing)
public String deal(Combat c, int damage, Result modifier, Character target) {
if (modifier == Result.miss) {
return "You grab at " + target.name() + "'s arm, but "+target.pronoun()+" pulls it free.";
} else {
return "You grab " + target.name()
+ "'s arm at the wrist and pull it to your chest in the traditional judo submission technique.";
}
}

//when defending... (receiving)

public String receive(Combat c, int damage, Result modifier, Character target) {
return getSelf().name() + " grabs your wrist, but you pry it out of "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" grasp.";
} else {
return getSelf().name()
+ " pulls your arm between "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" legs, forcibly overextending your elbow. The pain almost makes you tap out, but you manage to yank your arm "
+ "out of "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" grip.";
}
}

These translate to lines like "You grab at Jewel's arm, but she pulls it free." and "Jewel pulls your arm between your legs, forcibly overextending your elbow."... in regular combat. There's pretty much no support for outside watching, though it could be done. Just need to use the receive function in all cases... and remove all references of "you" with explicit references. Which, just like replacing all the "her" and "she", is quite a bit of work.

Alas, find an replace won't do the trick... "The pain almost makes you tap out, but you manage to yank your arm out of Jewel's grip." Simple find and replace "your" with ""+target.possessivePronoun()+"" and replacing "you" with ""+target.getName()+"" still means you have to deal with... "The pain almost makes Cassie tap out, but Cassie manage to yank her arm out of Jewel's grip." There's a grammar mistake in there; it's a bit wonky.

Your idea has been noted, however, and I'll try to replace the "you" case as well for each skill that I'm gonna clean up. Maybe it'll be easier to "watch" fights live like that later on.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Mostly fully simulated; they're ended if it goes on too long. Watching every turn could be made possible, but most of the text would be screwed up. Here's an example of the text that's being printed

//when attacking... (dealing)
public String deal(Combat c, int damage, Result modifier, Character target) {
return "You grab at " + target.name() + "'s arm, but "+target.pronoun()+" pulls it free.";
} else {
return "You grab " + target.name()
+ "'s arm at the wrist and pull it to your chest in the traditional judo submission technique.";
}
}

//when defending... (receiving)

public String receive(Combat c, int damage, Result modifier, Character target) {
return getSelf().name() + " grabs your wrist, but you pry it out of "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" grasp.";
} else {
return getSelf().name()
+ " pulls your arm between "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" legs, forcibly overextending your elbow. The pain almost makes you tap out, but you manage to yank your arm "
+ "out of "+getSelf().possessivePronoun()+" grip.";
}
}

These translate to lines like "You grab at Jewel's arm, but she pulls it free." and "Jewel pulls your arm between your legs, forcibly overextending your elbow."... in regular combat. There's pretty much no support for outside watching, though it could be done. Just need to use the receive function in all cases... and remove all references of "you" with explicit references. Which, just like replacing all the "her" and "she", is quite a bit of work.

Alas, find an replace won't do the trick... "The pain almost makes you tap out, but you manage to yank your arm out of Jewel's grip." Simple find and replace "your" with ""+target.possessivePronoun()+"" and replacing "you" with ""+target.getName()+"" still means you have to deal with... "The pain almost makes Cassie tap out, but Cassie manage to yank her arm out of Jewel's grip." There's a grammar mistake in there; it's a bit wonky.

Your idea has been noted, however, and I'll try to replace the "you" case as well for each skill that I'm gonna clean up. Maybe it'll be easier to "watch" fights live like that later on.

The only thing I could think of is making third person writing everywhere but that sounds like it would be a ton of work.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
There's already functionality to properly word text, things like "character.subjectAction("take","takes")" will print either "you take" or "Cassie takes". It's just... you have to replace all the occurrences and there's a lot of them. And it's not very fun work... Though you can mostly do it yourself if you have git installed; fork on github, make changes in a text editor, commit and push, make a pull request. Ideally you'd compile too just so you know it works, but ... it's just text. There's 235 files in the Skills folder, and I think cleaning 1 takes about 5-10 minutes, so it's roughly anywhere between 20 and 40 hours of work. Just to note - this is work that already kinda needs doing for using skills on male opponents. 

The other part of the work is when lines describe things that might not be the case. For instance, kneeing describes your opponent as feeling sorry for your nuts (or something like that) even although... you might not have nuts.

svnhddbst

Dec 4, 2015
Is there any chance to add something like underwear that would cover the player's penis but leave their ass exposed? 

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
With the latest bugfix version:

- NPCs will use Counter & Sex Counter moves when they have you enthralled, but obviously you don't attack them when obeying. They should either not do that or the move should automatically succeed.
- I had Samantha riding me and instead of it saying her pussy was pleased by my cock it said her pussy was pleasured by her girl-cock (which she didn't have). As well, the game says their "none" is pleasured when your female opponents masturbate. The latter seems to happen with special pussies. These appear to be purely cosmetic bugs.
- Sometimes when changing stances your only option is Place Blindfold. Speaking of, a way to attempt to remove blindfolds from your opponent and blindfolds your opponent has placed on you would be nice, since there's currently no way around those.

- Found some crashes: http://pastebin.com/ivm4HpSz

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
With the latest bugfix version:

- NPCs will use Counter & Sex Counter moves when they have you enthralled, but obviously you don't attack them when obeying. They should either not do that or the move should automatically succeed.
- I had Samantha riding me and instead of it saying her pussy was pleased by my cock it said her pussy was pleasured by her girl-cock (which she didn't have). As well, the game says their "none" is pleasured when your female opponents masturbate. The latter seems to happen with special pussies. These appear to be purely cosmetic bugs.
- Sometimes when changing stances your only option is Place Blindfold. Speaking of, a way to attempt to remove blindfolds from your opponent and blindfolds your opponent has placed on you would be nice, since there's currently no way around those.

- Found some crashes: http://pastebin.com/ivm4HpSz

For the crashes, it seems you were loading a save at one point in time, and this crashed. What save was this?

There are 3 distinct crashes:

The first is for ReverseFly being used against you, but your opponent doesn't have wings. I don't know how this happened. Maybe the wings had just disappeared?

The second is for loading a malformed savefile which has saved the temporal attribute wrongly.

The third is for "null" clothing being loaded from a save. Again, would need to see the savefile.

I have fixed Samantha's ride skill in a commit; still need to turn it into a pull request and merge and release. Will look into the masturbation thing.