Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Anyone know how to unlock Eve?

You should just be able to unlock Eve at level 20, at the information broker.

same way you unlock kat and reyka

Actually it is not the same way.

Kat Needs you to be level 10, and have the Magic school unlocked.

Reyka requires you to be level 10, and have the Exotic Artifacts unlocked.

While for Eve as far as I know, you just need to become level 20.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Hmmm. Perhaps it has an additional requisite? I hit lv31, and the broker's new competitor tab is empty. But, I don't have the artifacts or the mechanics unlocked yet, and don't have Reyka either. Guess I'll just start throwing money at everything until she shows.

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
Curious is there plans to continue the transformations with Kat, Angel, Reyka, etc for full body, skin, ball type as well?

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Hmmm. Perhaps it has an additional requisite? I hit lv31, and the broker's new competitor tab is empty. But, I don't have the artifacts or the mechanics unlocked yet, and don't have Reyka either. Guess I'll just start throwing money at everything until she shows.

Yea, I suppose what I know about Eve's specifics is a bit non-existent.

Seeing as every time I make a new character, I go straight gamer mode.

And next thing I know after night 2, I have 15-25 wins under my belt.

So I just buy everything I can, like the greedy fuck I am. <3

I do know that you need to be Level 20, but sadly I don't know what that thing she wants you to know is... :(  

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015

Eve requires you to know about the real black market, just like Reyka

devron

Jun 19, 2016
Hello,

Really enjoying this game so far - hats off to everyone involved in it creating it (original and mods).

dndw - tried your 06/16 release, 2.0.4, because the alternative starts sounded intriguing  ... and I noticed that genitals seem to be missing, at least on the normal version? Could be my error in installing, apologize in advance if that is the case. Saw it when I didn't have a thrust option.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Hello,

Really enjoying this game so far - hats off to everyone involved in it creating it (original and mods).

dndw - tried your 06/16 release, 2.0.4, because the alternative starts sounded intriguing  ... and I noticed that genitals seem to be missing, at least on the normal version? Could be my error in installing, apologize in advance if that is the case. Saw it when I didn't have a thrust option.

thanks!

Were you the one who initiated the sex, or was It your opponent?

If the person you are fighting is the one who is fucking you, then you can't do anything but struggle until you get the perk that lets you.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Eve requires you to know about the real black market, just like Reyka

Ah, that did it. Thanks.

Were you the one who initiated the sex, or was It your opponent?

If the person you are fighting is the one who is fucking you, then you can't do anything but struggle until you get the perk that lets you.

Nah, I noticed this too. In the most recent download, regardless of what gender you choose to start with, you get no naughty bits. I started as a male and wondered for an hour why I couldn't fuck anything. Turns out my male character had no dick. I had to save edit one in.

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
Hello,

thanks!

Thanks for reporting this. I've logged it as an issue and created a pull request to fix it.

devron

Jun 19, 2016
Thank you, Ryplinn!

Anyone have information about if repeated use of potions in the black market will allow you to gain traits permanently? Looking to get tentacles for longer than a fight.

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016

Just ignore the quote bit... It was already in there when i tried to reply and cannot get rid of it, cannot delete it, nor get rid of it in any way.. 

Was just intending to post that the player starts the game missing a very important piece of hardware... No penis... 

Capture.JPG

Orc

Jun 23, 2016
So hey, i played the standalone version of this and had alot of fun. But for the mod, i cant seem to get past the first screen. I put in the stats, strengths etc and when i press start nothing happens. Doesnt seem like this has happened to alot of people, so i suspect im doing something wrong... Help would be appreciated :D

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So hey, i played the standalone version of this and had alot of fun. But for the mod, i cant seem to get past the first screen. I put in the stats, strengths etc and when i press start nothing happens. Doesnt seem like this has happened to alot of people, so i suspect im doing something wrong... Help would be appreciated :D

The most likely case is that the game can't find its configuration files. Could you make sure you extracted the zip and check the log file for errors? (What you describe will happen if you try to run the JAR straight from the zip.)

Demon Girl

Feb 25, 2016

Bug Reports:

These were tested on version 2.0.3.3.

Bug 1:
Hard mode doesn't seem to do anything

Looking at: https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/245e1fc0dea9d032f8eb061b58fea8f215e4f70d/NightgamesMod/nightgames/characters/Growth.java

Code:
if (Global.checkFlag(Flag.hardmode)) {
character.getStamina().gain(bonusStamina);
character.getArousal().gain(bonusArousal);
character.getMojo().gain(bonusMojo);
character.getWillpower().gain(bonusWillpower);
character.availableAttributePoints += bonusAttributes;
}

The flag Flag.hardmode is supposed to increase the amount of stats all characters gets upon leveling up? That line of code doesn't make sense to me.

Aside from that I checked my own stat growth, and it stayed the same on hard mode and nonhard mode. Even though I did the same thing, like only playing video games.

Test case 1
herm and male hard difficulty
Player level 10
stamina 43, arousal 136, mojo 62, willpower 54

herm and male normal difficulty
Player level 10
stamina 43, arousal 136, mojo 62, willpower 54

So then I went to compare the stats of Cassie on my nonhard mode save and my hard mode save. My nonhard and hard mode saves were on different playthroughs.

Test case 2
on nonhard difficulty:
Cassie: Level 10; Perception 5, Power 15, Seduction 15, Cunning 13, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 58, Max Arousal 191, Max Mojo 91, Max Willpower 43.
Cassie: Level 10; Perception 5, Power 15, Seduction 16, Cunning 13, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 66, Max Arousal 196, Max Mojo 121, Max Willpower 43.
Cassie: Level 11; Perception 5, Power 15, Seduction 19, Cunning 15, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 75, Max Arousal 210, Max Mojo 143, Max Willpower 44.
Cassie: Level 12; Arcane 4, Perception 5, Power 16, Seduction 20, Cunning 15, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 91, Max Arousal 214, Max Mojo 184, Max Willpower 44.
Cassie: Level 12; Arcane 4, Perception 5, Power 16, Seduction 21, Cunning 15, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 100, Max Arousal 234, Max Mojo 184, Max Willpower 44.
Cassie: Level 16; Arcane 9, Perception 5, Power 20, Seduction 26, Cunning 17, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 115, Max Arousal 265, Max Mojo 205, Max Willpower 46.
Cassie: Level 19; Arcane 14, Perception 5, Power 22, Seduction 29, Cunning 19, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 125, Max Arousal 287, Max Mojo 242, Max Willpower 47.

on hard difficulty:
Cassie: Level 10; Perception 6, Power 19, Seduction 20, Cunning 19, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 70, Max Arousal 193, Max Mojo 109, Max Willpower 45.
Cassie: Level 11; Arcane 3, Perception 6, Power 22, Seduction 20, Cunning 19, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 75, Max Arousal 205, Max Mojo 132, Max Willpower 46.
Cassie: Level 12; Arcane 5, Perception 6, Power 23, Seduction 21, Cunning 20, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 80, Max Arousal 222, Max Mojo 153, Max Willpower 47.
Cassie: Level 14; Arcane 7, Perception 6, Power 28, Seduction 22, Cunning 22, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 95, Max Arousal 256, Max Mojo 161, Max Willpower 48.
Cassie: Level 15; Arcane 8, Perception 6, Power 29, Seduction 22, Cunning 25, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 108, Max Arousal 278, Max Mojo 182, Max Willpower 49.
Cassie: Level 16; Arcane 12, Perception 6, Power 29, Seduction 23, Cunning 25, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 111, Max Arousal 295, Max Mojo 186, Max Willpower 49.
Cassie: Level 17; Arcane 14, Perception 6, Power 31, Seduction 23, Cunning 26, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 116, Max Arousal 312, Max Mojo 221, Max Willpower 50.
Cassie: Level 17; Arcane 14, Perception 6, Power 31, Seduction 23, Cunning 26, Speed 5,  Max Stamina 122, Max Arousal 327, Max Mojo 240, Max Willpower 50.

The stat growth doesn't seem that different. Keeping in mind that max willpower and max mojo can change, depending on how the player wins battles. It doesn't look like difficulty affects stat growth of npcs.

Bug 2:
If the Player loses a fight, he does not gain extra xp from lvlBonus if he is a lower level than npcs.

Test case 1
I played with a low level 1 character, quitting each match until npcs were level 10. Then I started losing. When I lost a match, I only get 20 xp
Assisting an npc will give the player a lot of xp, but losing to an npc only get you that 20 xp.
It looks like lvlBonus is 0 for some reason.

Test case 2
Player is level 69. Npc is level 30. Winning against an npc WILL give them extra xp from fighting the Player. The npc levels up roughly 3 times

Bug 3?
https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/4c9b70542605238134150916bb77759e43bb6b2b/NightgamesMod/nightgames/status/Drowsy.java
+ if target has trait personalinertia, then duration is Math.round(4 * 1.33) = 5.32 turns -> 5? turns
+ personalinertia multiplies duration by 1.33x
+ If target does not have trait, then duration is 6 turns
+ I'm not sure not rounding works. If it's rounded up, then I'll assume that this is on purpose in order to make them both the same duration.

Bug 4?
Sweater is classified as bottom layer 3 when it should be top layer.

Now this bug report is for version 2.0.4

Bug 5:
Starting a new game, the Player will not have any traits available. I see there's already a similar bug reported that leaves the player with no organs available. Those 2 are probably related.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Bug 1:
Hard mode doesn't seem to do anything

Looking at: https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/245e1fc0dea9d032f8eb061b58fea8f215e4f70d/NightgamesMod/nightgames/characters/Growth.java

Code:
if (Global.checkFlag(Flag.hardmode)) {
character.getStamina().gain(bonusStamina);
character.getArousal().gain(bonusArousal);
character.getMojo().gain(bonusMojo);
character.getWillpower().gain(bonusWillpower);
character.availableAttributePoints += bonusAttributes;
}

The flag Flag.hardmode is supposed to increase the amount of stats all characters gets upon leveling up? That line of code doesn't make sense to me.

Aside from that I checked my own stat growth, and it stayed the same on hard mode and nonhard mode. Even though I did the same thing, like only playing video games.

The Hard Mode code is correct. The first line checks the flag, the character.getX().gain(bonusX); lines add some amount to stat X's maximum (these values are set in the constructor), and the last line gives attribute points for the character to spend. It doesn't affect the player, but it isn't supposed to. If the player were to get a bonus, it wouldn't be 'hard mode', just 'normal mode with bigger numbers'. Good job on the extensive test cases, though.

(To be clear, Growth#levelUp is only called from BasePersonality#ding. Player accesses the fields directly in Player#ding)

Bug 2: If the Player loses a fight, he does not gain extra xp from lvlBonus if he is a lower level than npcs.

Yes they do, it's calculated by Character#getDefeatXP and awarded in NPC#victory.

Bug 3?https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/4c9b70542605238134150916bb77759e43bb6b2b/NightgamesMod/nightgames/status/Drowsy.java + if target has trait personalinertia, then duration is Math.round(4 * 1.33) = 5.32 turns -> 5? turns + personalinertia multiplies duration by 1.33x + If target does not have trait, then duration is 6 turns + I'm not sure not rounding works. If it's rounded up, then I'll assume that this is on purpose in order to make them both the same duration.

Well, it's certainly wrong. PersonalIntertia increases the duration of all statuses, including bad ones like Drowsy, and that is currently flipped. However (Trait.java line 284): 

PersonalInertia("Personal Inertia", "Status effects (positive and negative) last 50% longer"),

So the amount is correct.

Bug 4?
Sweater is classified as bottom layer 3 when it should be top layer.

Good find, fixed. Now I just have to get the image of a guy wearing a sweater for pants out of my head.

Bug 5:
Starting a new game, the Player will not have any traits available. I see there's already a similar bug reported that leaves the player with no organs available. Those 2 are probably related.

I can't reproduce this. It's certainly not related to the genitalia issue, though. If it was there, it has probably already been fixed. It's also possible that you're loading a start configuration which disallows additional traits, but you'd probably know that since none of the default ones do so and you'd have had to have made your own. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'll finally get to Mara's addiction in earnest over the weekend, and then include that and a number of fixes in the next release. That will probably be sunday evening.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Mara getting her spotlight soon?

Looking back at the post with your ideas way back, though, I've noticed that her addiction gives you resistance to anything affected by Skeptical, by the looks of it. Isn't that rather strong late-game, when Eyes of Temptation come into play, let alone Charm and Taunt? It seems to be more beneficial than, say, Angel's addiction, since although her addiction puts you in a bad spot against herself, and Pray still wastes a move, which hurts especially with low arousal or as feral (I think), whereas Mara's addiction looks like a free Skeptical trait. I wonder how that is balanced, if there is a need for that balance.

Just throwing out my two cents. I'm happy to see this coming soon(tm).

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Looking back at the post with your ideas way back, though, I've noticed that her addiction gives you resistance to anything affected by Skeptical, by the looks of it. Isn't that rather strong late-game, when Eyes of Temptation come into play, let alone Charm and Taunt? It seems to be more beneficial than, say, Angel's addiction, since although her addiction puts you in a bad spot against herself, and Pray still wastes a move, which hurts especially with low arousal or as feral (I think), whereas Mara's addiction looks like a free Skeptical trait. I wonder how that is balanced, if there is a need for that balance.

Just throwing out my two cents. I'm happy to see this coming soon(tm).

It would basically be the same as Skeptical, yes. The thing is, that trait gives a 30% resistance, so the addiction could just add to that. I think that a (for example) 60% resistance is pretty reasonable if you have spent a trait point on it and are willing to suffer extremely negative effects against one opponent. It's all subject to balancing, of course.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I've actually been wondering, does Lovestruck, Alluring, and Frenzied only counts vs the trait Calm? Because if they are, then maybe the addiction is a bit more balanced, since then you don't have to take into account how Mara's addiction can b used to counter Kat, Samantha and Angel (For Samantha, I guess for power builds).

Well, I'll look forward to how it turns out with Mara's advantages. Perhaps all of her status modifying skills, when hit, proc 100% of the time. Would be interesting. I just think it would be nice if a situation in which, if you are addicted to everyone, you will ALWAYS lose, can happen. Or have it be extremely difficult to win.

inb4 addiction = love.

Spawniz

Aug 30, 2015
With the most recent version i've never been able to get afflicted by Reyka's addiction, also stable form doesn't prevent temporary physical changes to the body, they still happen when the opponent throws the flasks. Stable form might be related to the fact that the traits are not actually added even when chosen, that was in new game+. Never seen Kat use her bite, as well. All the issues experienced was during a new game+ run. :)

jskil5

May 17, 2016
With the most recent version i've never been able to get afflicted by Reyka's addiction, also stable form doesn't prevent temporary physical changes to the body, they still happen when the opponent throws the flasks. Stable form might be related to the fact that the traits are not actually added even when chosen, that was in new game+. Never seen Kat use her bite, as well. All the issues experienced was during a new game+ run. :)

you need to study dark 1st to even get it

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I've actually been wondering, does Lovestruck, Alluring, and Frenzied only counts vs the trait Calm? Because if they are, then maybe the addiction is a bit more balanced, since then you don't have to take into account how Mara's addiction can b used to counter Kat, Samantha and Angel (For Samantha, I guess for power builds).

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Calm gives a 50% chance to resist Horny and Hypersensitive, the other three you mentioned block certain skills. Lovestruck does a few other things as well, like a slight willpower drain and lowered evasion. I don't really see how they are related. Skeptical, and probably Mara's addiction, affect Charmed, Enthralled, Flatfooted, Frenzied, Lovestruck, Shamed, Suckling and Trance.

you need to study dark 1st to even get it

Actually, it required Reyka to have the soulsucker trait, which she gets at level 41... That's fixed now. Like all addictions, she needs to be level 20.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
Actually, it required Reyka to have the soulsucker trait, which she gets at level 41... That's fixed now. Like all addictions, she needs to be level 20.

huh maybe reyka is bugged for me shes been doing it since i was lvl 25

i get all competitors as early as possible and i start investing in dark at lvl 20 because i love lvl drain

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Mara's mind control is finally ready! The details are in the changelog below. This update also incorporates some fixes by Ryplinn and also fixes some bugs spotted by Demon Girl.

The mechanism by which you can get mind-controlled is a bit finicky, but it seems to work well. Mara needs to be able to look you in the eyes as you cum, and since you know about her trick you'll try to look away. So her control will be effective only if you are in a compromising position or otherwise unable to evade her. But fear not! If you put one of the new blindfolds, Mara will be thwarted! Unless, of course, she takes it off of you. And blindness has some disadvantages as well, so you won't want to wear them all the time. Think of them as condoms for your mind.

https://mega.nz/#!FEoiQSCY!NEZPSpALwVGGPoQrqOWB4NcxCsEnWURfG0pyDEk-rsE

Changelog:

26/06/16 - 2.0.5
-Added Mara's addiction: Mind Control
    -After Mara reaches level 20, you'd best make sure she can't look you in the eyes when you cum.
    -When fighting Mara while controlled, you'll randomly fall into enthrallment. You can lower the odds by acting submissively or masturbating.
    -When in withdrawal, you'll have a constant drain on your stamina.
    -While fighting anyone but Mara, you'll have a chance to resist mental effects.
-Added Blindfolds
    -When worn, these severly hamper your ability to see what's going on. You won't see the names of moves your opponent uses, can't see their clothing or status, and some moves are completely invisible (like counters, drinking drafts). They also lower your evasion, obviously.
    -On the flip side, they protect you from things like Charm and EyesOfTempation, and also from Mara's new trick.
    -You can put these on yourself, put them on opponents, or get them put on you. You can also remove them from yourself and your opponent.
    -Mara is liable to remove your blindfold if possible, for obvious reasons. The others not so much.
    -Blindfolds are cheap and can be bought from the XXX Store.
-Fixed Drowsy having a shorter duration with Personal Inertia rather than longer.
-Fixed Sweaters being classified as bottoms.
-All addiction-inspired combat effects now reliably grow worse every turn you're fighting the source of the addiction.
-Added missing morning descriptions for Angel's, Reyka's and Kat's addictions.
-Incorporated fixes by Ryplinn:
    -Setting a level in a start configuration no longer affects money instead.
    -Genitals are now properly assigned again.
-Starting traits, if allowed, are actually added in advanced starts.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Found a crash to do with the blindfold. Blindfolds don't appear in the shop. You don't seem to get Eve's trophy anymore when defeating her.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier '%s'
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.skills.PlaceBlindfold.resolve(PlaceBlindfold.java:52)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.lambda$1(NPC.java:776)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.rateAction(NPC.java:758)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.rateMove(NPC.java:774)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.prioritizeNew(NPC.java:809)
    at nightgames.characters.BasePersonality.act(BasePersonality.java:111)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.act(NPC.java:259)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:323)
    at nightgames.gui.GUI$NextButton.lambda$0(GUI.java:1398)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Found a crash to do with the blindfold. Blindfolds don't appear in the shop. You don't seem to get Eve's trophy anymore when defeating her.

Thanks, I updated the links. Eve is not handled any differently from the other characters when it comes to trophies, though, so that begs further investigation.

lklklklk

Jun 27, 2016
This latest version of the game has the "Female vs. Male Preference" option, disabled.

It was disabled in the previous version as well.

Is this intentional?