Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
If my 1.9 save is still accurate (Well, not really since Maya hasn't level jumped to 155, but Rosea's level-gain has stunted and Airi retained her 500 over Willpower.), Maya has a chance to be a participant again after her debut on her special night which as noted above takes place once every 30 days, on those days she's a guaranteed participant. Though if you say her appearance is a random chance does that mean Maya's appearances will now be limited to once every 30 nights now?

Welp. She should only be present at every thirtieth night. The fact that she doesn't is due to an oversight in copying bits and pieces from The Silver Bard's code; I made an issue in the repo pointing out the error, probably easier to fix this way. No merges and all.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
I think level drain can only be used while fucking and of a lower level level than the opponent

There is only one character who is higher than me now, Rosea at 150 whereas I'm at 125. and I'm not too sure if I've seen the option appear since Rosea's used Invitation before and I'm always trying to pull out by that point for obvious reasons. (Seriously, once everyone starts evolving going for the pussy is downright suicidal.). I'll make a point to check and confirm this next time I see Rosea.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Slight balance issue. Could you make it to where it's slightly easier to escape holds? I've been locked unto defeat with Reyka and Samantha when they both use Invitation and my character remains unable to pull out until all his Willpower is gone. In the slight chance I do manage to escape, they then turn around with another successful invitation not two turns later. I've had the same issue with other girls using Invitation over and over again, I just mention those two because with their Pussy Tongues it's downright impossible for me to escape. It gets worse when I get Enthralled and am forced to do nothing but Masturbate while the girl has her merry way with my penis.

Which means that it's downright impossible for me to win that particular match. I just delay the inevitable for a little while.

Last edited by a moderator:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Yup the level drain is pretty borked right now tbh. I haven't fixed it because of other stuff going on, but there should probably be a balance change to fucking in general. I'm fine with it being really bad to fuck certain people, but I think it's getting to the point where you want to not stick it in ever... :\

As for the holds issue, how much power/cunning do you have? That combined with level is usually what prevents you from escaping. In my power builds I almost instantly struggle out every time. The tongue is a bit broken now though, I agree. Once again, there probably needs to be another balance pass in the near future

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Yup the level drain is pretty borked right now tbh. I haven't fixed it because of other stuff going on, but there should probably be a balance change to fucking in general. I'm fine with it being really bad to fuck certain people, but I think it's getting to the point where you want to not stick it in ever... :\

As for the holds issue, how much power/cunning do you have? That combined with level is usually what prevents you from escaping. In my power builds I almost instantly struggle out every time. The tongue is a bit broken now though, I agree. Once again, there probably needs to be another balance pass in the near future

Fucking in the pussy is lethal, fucking in the ass however gets around death-by-divine-pussy shtick except for Reyka. But yeah I miss being able to just jam it up the proper channels ever since level 20 or so. Except Eve, Eve is the only person who it's safe to stick it up front. (Samantha and Maya have pussies trained to kill, despite having normal vaginas.)

So far at level 125 I have around 100 Power, 75 Seduction, and 55 Cunning, I need about one to three pull outs to escape most of the time, the exception is Mara because she's just level 90 (Though one of my saves had someone beat her once and she jumped 10 levels, huh.)

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015

Level 93 with abut 30 Power and 66 Cunning, I think. I never do too much with Power-based skills so I hardly ever upgrade it.

On consideration, that might be why. I'd still like to be able to have a chance to not stick it in if it's going to be lethal. The two or three invitations in a row pretty much spells my doom at this point.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
On consideration, that might be why. I'd still like to be able to have a chance to not stick it in if it's going to be lethal. The two or three invitations in a row pretty much spells my doom at this point.

This is the reason I made the cock mods, but evidently it isn't enough. Personally, I tolerate losing some points in favor of the high damage, but that is with all the cock-enhancing traits, so a more balanced character may not be able to pull that off. Would you feel that more powerful cock mods would alleviate the issue? Also, have you tried unlocking the Submissive skills? Those combined with Powerful Hips and an enhanced cock render you pretty dangerous even from the bottom.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
This is the reason I made the cock mods, but evidently it isn't enough. Personally, I tolerate losing some points in favor of the high damage, but that is with all the cock-enhancing traits, so a more balanced character may not be able to pull that off. Would you feel that more powerful cock mods would alleviate the issue? Also, have you tried unlocking the Submissive skills? Those combined with Powerful Hips and an enhanced cock render you pretty dangerous even from the bottom.

As far as I've experienced on the matter, the effectiveness of cock mods on modified vaginas varies, I use an enlightened cock since the stat boost goes up with every thrust and that sticks around till the night is over, it is effective against fiery, cybernetic, and sometimes primal if you've trained up on Animism (Though I recommend going for the ass whatever the case.). The runic pussy pretty much drains all your mojo with every thrust and the enthrallment risk is too high to be worth it, fucking a divine pussy as I've always noted is suicide, and trying to fuck anything with succubus attached to it just means you're either really trying to die or you're not very bright.

Maybe the black market should stock up on something like Sealing Talismans that disable special powers and revert genitals to normal human ones for a short time? So if you didn't learn how to ass-fuck you just need to use a Sealing Talisman to negate their advantage?

ShadowBlaze94

Sep 9, 2015
I went back to one of the earlier pages to find the post with the cock mod descriptions and there doesn't seem to be one that's effective against the divine pussy. That might be a way to make going up against Angel less suicidal.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
You could always stock up on femdrafts and chuck one at your opponent at the beginning of the fight. It'll temporarily revert her pussy back to a normal human one.

Against Angel, well I think not fucking her is probably a valid strategy :D

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Against Angel, well I think not fucking her is probably a valid strategy :D

To be fair, she is presented as a demigod of sex. Fucking her would be akin to a sword fight with Mars; they're gods for a reason. There isn't anyone better by definition. So yes, avoiding it at all cost seems to be fair.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015

My character is pretty high with the Submissive skills, and I unlocked Powerful Hips a long time ago. The problem is when I end up on the top and can't take advantage of the bonuses, or when the opponent can enthrall or drain my character as I remain unable to pull away. Add on stuff like Reyka and Angel's ability to get stronger with every time you orgasm, I get in trouble rather quickly.

It's not all entirely bad for me, though. Most other opponents I can either manage to outmaneuver or easily take care of even with penetrative sex. It's just that characters like Reyka, Angel, and Samantha who are designed to be super good at sex ruin me when they manage to either coerce or force my character into entering their pussies.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I did some simulations pitting off the various NPCs against each other over a range of levels. The object being to see which are the most powerful. Ideally, each NPC would beat each other NPC 50% of the time. That is of course not the case:

combatstats.png

In this graph, it is immediately clear that Kat is a real underdog (oh, the irony). Eve also gets it pretty tough later on.

Things are pretty well-balanced in the lower levels, but quickly diverge after hitting, say, 30. Even in the low levels, however, Kat is too weak and Cassie and Reyka too powerful.

In the higher levels (up to 70), Mara and Angel take a strong lead, while Eve and especially Cassie take a plunge.

This shows quite clearly that Kat is in need of a boost, and high-level Angel and Mara should be reigned in a bit, so I'll be looking into ways of doing so.

I should mention that these results comprise a relatively small number of fights (50 per pairing per 5 levels), but I plan to repeat the simulation with higher numbers, and with Airi included.

Mavalon

Sep 8, 2015
I guess Eve's fall-off late game makes sense for lore reasons? She's in it for pleasure not winning yeah?

myamya

Nov 14, 2015
Just started playing this game and i have to say it is very well made and super fun! Quick question though, how do you get holy water?

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Just started playing this game and i have to say it is very well made and super fun! Quick question though, how do you get holy water?

Go to the hardware store and buy a stock of Empty Bottles, at least 20 if possible. Then defeat Angel at night and you might get some of her "Holy" Water. The same goes for the Semen required for Succubus upgrades, except in those cases someone has to have cum with semen of course. (Basically just ass-fuck them and you should have enough for all demonic needs.)

m00k00

Oct 15, 2015
Can you only have a single encounter with Rosea per night? She doesn't seem to resupply at all probably due to being immobile.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Portraits still disappear after a few fights. Tried restarting a new game but it still happens. Any ideas?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Hmm I'm not sure why the portraits are disappearing, I haven't encountered it for a while now... Can you send me your nightgames_log.txt? Maybe there's something that's logged there.

Anyways, here's the next update:

https://mega.nz/#!IgYjxa6J!vblvovkTmQU3kxbvmSJazEmcgf0yIm8B03gXpdW6Dgc

1.9.2 changelog
Balance:
- Wild Thrust's base damage is now increased by your current arousal / 30, up to your maximum Animism
- Nimble's speed bonus is now increase by your current arousal / 100.
- Accuracy influence from speed now maxes out at 5. (So if you have 1 speed, and your opponent has 5000 speed, your counter chance and initiative will only take into account a difference of 5)
- Purr now has a base temptation damage of your current arousal / 10.
- Pounce now increases in accuracy by 1% for each 10 current arousal
- Tailjob's base damage is now increased by your current arousal / 20, up to your maximum Animism
- Feral pussy now applies pheromones on orgasm, dealing 50% of your current arousal over 5 turns.
- Also, the chance for Feral pussy applying Frenzied has been increased based on your current arousal. It now also gives you the ability to ignore orgasms for 3 turns after applying it.
- Kat now gets the trait nymphomania at level 25, which restores some will power upon cumming.

- Angel and Divine skills got a bit of a nerf.
    - Using her divinity can now apply the debuff "Divine Recoil" which will increase her sensitivity for 5 turns.
    - This will stack infinitely if it gets refreshed.

- Eve now actually gets some traits as she levels.
    - Most of it is focused on cock talents and staying power
    - Anal Fanatic has been reworked
        - Used to apply frenzy for 6 turns after ass fucking
        - Now applies frenzy for 4 turns and Ignore Orgasm for 4 turns

- Cassie now gets a few more Traits after lvl 50

Minor:
- Removed the skill submit, since that is now covered by the submissive dive skill
- Changed how the inventory is displayed and added a scrollbar
- Changed the map for the kitchen to better show that it's not connected to the dorms or the laundry.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Did a bit of playing with 1.9.2 with my old save. I might make a fresh female/genital-free/herm character to do some more testing with, but it seems pretty stable from what I saw.

- If your opponent struggles free of a sex position on the same turn you use Piston, it says your Bounce failed. I used my 1.9.0 save for this, and I suspect that mysterious "normal ," I have is a leftover pussy from a fem draft or something, so that might be the cause here, suggesting herm characters behave a bit oddly in intercourse positions.
- Facesitting with no genitals talks about your pussy and its leaking fluids. See note above.
- Using Blow has no effect against Eve's primal cock, though it works fine on Airi's slimy one.
- "As you approaches Eve" when Sex Counter is used against the player.
- When Airi uses Masturbate: "Additionally, Airi's hands gooey feelers takes the opportunity to squirm against Airi's gooey vagina". It's also missing a period.
- Against Airi's slime counter: "You use Lick Nipples. Countered! {self:SUBJECT-ACTION:move:moves} to engulf you in her slime, but you stays out of her reach."
- Against Airi's arousal overflow thing: "Airi's gooey slit clenches down hard on your phallus. The suction is so strong that the cum leaves the shaft in a constant flow rather than spurts. When your orgasm is over, your is much more drained of cum than usual."
- "Jewel uses Tear Clothes. Jewel leaps forward. Her hand is a blur but you spot the glint of steel in them. Reflexively, you cover yourself with your arms to prevent as much damage as possible. When nothing happens you open your eyes to see Jewel grinning at you, a scalpel still in Her hands. Looking down you see that some of your clothes have been cut to ribbons! "

Mavalon

Sep 8, 2015
Is there an updatedskill list.txt floating around somewhere?

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
I'm having the problem where the Portraits aren't showing up for a single fighter, and this is after I started a new game.

I would also ask that a back-out feature is implemented for the sub-menu systems. I often miss-click, and if I hit Undress Self or Use Draft I am forced to pick something instead of going back to using the skill I wanted to use. It's not really a problem, per se, but I think it'd be nice to have one.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Similar to Vasin I noticed issues with Portraits. Actualy after 1-2 nights ingame map start be forever been shown even during fight with other so instead of seeing like for ex. Angel pic I still see map. Still not figured what exactly causing it but almsot each time it starting happening seems radomly during 1-3 night after I starting game anew. And only way to fix it is to close game and start anew loading some previous save.

Oct 3, 2015

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok another weird thing....actualy kinda annoying. In my game Kat got around 51 willpower but....even after spiral trust when she lost 150 willpower she was still going on. Tried few different ways to make her lose willpower faster than gaining with her nymphomania but...she was still going on till I lost to her. Or I falling into unescapable loop of only been able pick Wild Trust...while she like loosing in this loop way over 200 total willpower (after substracting all willpower she getting back) and...yeah she still ongoing. And thus only thing I getting when meeting her is losing after shorter or longer time -_- Actualy when I think since begining of this version matches everytime I run into her I can't win with her :( Well her way to stay in match is nice and needed to make her more than... "cannon folder" but I feel it somehow glitched and makes her unbeatable now :/

(Sry if my post are lil clutched but...I really kinda mad at game now for this weird thing)

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Crap. I thought I would have ran into this in my testing. I'll try to put up a patched version ASAP (probably some time tomorrow morning)