Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Ah okay, thanks for the help! On a side note I was poking around github and saw that the girls have a prefered cock mod. How many days in do they normally get it, or is it pure chance?

It is chance, but influenced by a number of factors.

First, they must be rank 1+, and they must have enough money. The odds of growing a cock being selected are then determined by the Male Preference slider, which can be found in the options menu. The further right the slider, the more cocks you'll see. The slider also controls the gender-bending consumables. If you are really particular about either having or not having cocks on your opponents, you can edit the malePreference in the save file, 0-10 is the normal range that can be set by the slider but any number will work.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
I encountered a few bugs (Tail Suck causing NPE if cock is gone, Tail Suck causing format exception in 1 case). Last time I found bugs, I just fixed them myself, but now that I see you're working on it, I keep having to handle conflicts when pulling new changes. I know about Java and Git; How would I go about pushing my bugfixes into your repo?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I encountered a few bugs (Tail Suck causing NPE if cock is gone, Tail Suck causing format exception in 1 case). Last time I found bugs, I just fixed them myself, but now that I see you're working on it, I keep having to handle conflicts when pulling new changes. I know about Java and Git; How would I go about pushing my bugfixes into your repo?

Thanks for the reports. If you want to submit your own fixes (which would be very much appreciated), you should fork my repo and submit a pull request. You might want to fork nergantre's repo instead, that'll still work.

Edit: I might have fixed the missing cock bug, but I can't find any improper formats in TailSuck. Are you sure you have the latest version?

how do you install it?

You unpack the archive and double-click the .jar file. If that doesn't work, chances are you haven't got Java installed. In that case, go to java.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Edit: I might have fixed the missing cock bug, but I can't find any improper formats in TailSuck. Are you sure you have the latest version?

Can't find them either. Might be something I broke when trying to fix the other bug myself.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
hey dndw i downloaded the zip file from github but i cant get it to work here is the log txt from the game 

View attachment 2549

The error means that you've somehow gotten files of different versions. How did you download that zip? The error says that TraitRequirements.xml refers to the Submissive attribute, but that that attribute does not exist. Submissive is a new attribute created by The Silver Bard for the latest version of the unmodded game, which I have ported to the mod. Thing is, I created the implementation of Submissive before editing it into TraitRequirements.xml. There is no version of my repo where the situation that causes this error can exist. The only thing I can think of is that you are using a new version of TraitRequirements.xml with old code, or an old jar. Don't do that. Stuff will break.

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
i just went here //github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod and hit the download zip button and downloaded it im not good with computers so im not sure about sure about coding and things like that so im not sure what went wrong

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
i just went here //github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod and hit the download zip button and downloaded it im not good with computers so im not sure about sure about coding and things like that so im not sure what went wrong

How did you run it? What you've downloaded is source code, and you'd need to compile it first. I think I can safely assume you didn't do so, which means you've probably used a jar from elsewhere and put it in the folder you extracted the zip to. That won't work, as you've seen.

Since it's all open-source anyway, I don't think nergantre will mind if I post a preview: MEGA.

Keep in mind that this is unfinished and unpolished, and there may be some bugs left to find.

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015
How did you run it? What you've downloaded is source code, and you'd need to compile it first. I think I can safely assume you didn't do so, which means you've probably used a jar from elsewhere and put it in the folder you extracted the zip to. That won't work, as you've seen.

Since it's all open-source anyway, I don't think nergantre will mind if I post a preview: MEGA.

Keep in mind that this is unfinished and unpolished, and there may be some bugs left to find.

Cool. If anyone testing this version finds GUI problems or has suggestions please do say so, I've unfortunately had very little time to test it myself.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Cool. If anyone testing this version finds GUI problems or has suggestions please do say so, I've unfortunately had very little time to test it myself.

I've been using your GUI for a while now, and I haven't found any issues. That does not mean people will like it, of course (I do), but at the very least it's stable.

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015
Creation interface still looks messed up, but I've barely scratched the surface on it. That's probably going to be the first thing I change as soon as I get my free time back.

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
quick question are they suppose to strip naked so often the only ones that didn't were the newer characters and cassie i know jewel will put on a strapon then take off 2 or 3 turns later it makes the game fairly easy

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
quick question are they suppose to strip naked so often the only ones that didn't were the newer characters and cassie i know jewel will put on a strapon then take off 2 or 3 turns later it makes the game fairly easy

No they are not. I could have sworn I'd discouraged it before, but I can't see anything of the sort now... Anyway, it's fixed now. The reason this happened so often was that in the early game, especially early on in the matches, the characters do not have access to powerful skills. This means that Undress, which has a negative effect to the user, is only slightly worse than the weak skills that are available. So in some cases, the randomness of the whole thing would choose self-destructive skills.

So how to add customizable characters?

Have a look at Samantha. She is mostly implemented using the custom character framework. If you open up samantha.json in the characters folder (using any text editor), you can see what needs to be done. It probably won't be easy if you have no knowledge of the code, but you could probably adapt Samantha (and Rosea) to suit your needs. You can look for clothing in the data/clothing folder, and a list of all traits is over here. Open up a save file or two for more examples of bodies. Someone will have to write up a proper guide at some point...

You won't be able to use the custom character system to create new attributes, traits, items or skills. Those will require new code.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
is there anyway you could put up the bug fix on mega dndw?

I've updated the link in my previous post. There was also a bug that caused a crash if you enable images after starting the match. It would try to remove the map, but since the map wasn't there yet to begin with, things break. At least I think that was the reason.

kkko222

Jan 9, 2016
No they are not. I could have sworn I'd discouraged it before, but I can't see anything of the sort now... Anyway, it's fixed now. The reason this happened so often was that in the early game, especially early on in the matches, the characters do not have access to powerful skills. This means that Undress, which has a negative effect to the user, is only slightly worse than the weak skills that are available. So in some cases, the randomness of the whole thing would choose self-destructive skills.

Have a look at Samantha. She is mostly implemented using the custom character framework. If you open up samantha.json in the characters folder (using any text editor), you can see what needs to be done. It probably won't be easy if you have no knowledge of the code, but you could probably adapt Samantha (and Rosea) to suit your needs. You can look for clothing in the data/clothing folder, and a list of all traits is over here. Open up a save file or two for more examples of bodies. Someone will have to write up a proper guide at some point...

You won't be able to use the custom character system to create new attributes, traits, items or skills. Those will require new code.

So how would I just get them in the game, I have no knowledge of coding ( Yes, ignorance I know.) :/

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
 So how would I just get them in the game, I have no knowledge of coding ( Yes, ignorance I know.) :/

You add the file name to the list in data\characters\enabled.json. Then, once you meet the specified requirements, he/she will show up in the broker's 'More Competitors' menu.

Spawniz

Aug 30, 2015
Just out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to create a user friendly character editor/creator for the game? I know you can edit the files to your liking, but i was just curious. :) Thanks for all the work and time you guys put into this.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Uhhh kind of difficult-ish. Not too bad, but it would take a bit of doing. The main problem would be keeping it maintained whenever new versions come out.

Also, thanks a ton to dndw for holding the fort while I'm gone :)

sadarsa

Jan 13, 2016
This game really needs a better inventory list....it's trying to cram way too much into a tiny window. The end result being that a lot of things get cut off

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Yup there are a ton of stuff that was just tacked on to the main game. The UI especially is pretty terrible so far, because I'm very inexperienced in it.

Edit: Goddamn. Did they remove the spoiler feature? Why? :(

Anyhoo, after a good 2 or 3 months, here's the v1.9:

1.9 changelog
New:
- Merged in UI update from InvalidCharacter
- Merged in FTC match from dndw
- Merged in a few updates to Airi from dndw
- Merged in RotSF from Silverbard (thanks dndw!)
- Added in a new map (sorry this may be buggy for now)

Bug fixes:
- many miscellaneous ones (sorry, can't keep track of every one of them this time around)

DNDW's Changelog
The Silver Bard's changes:

Some statuses can now stack, intensifying their effect and extending their duration
Buzzed status now stacks and persists after fights
Energy Drinks now stack
Sedatives now stack
Shamed status now stacks
Added a menu button that displays the map I posted on the blog for ease of navigation -- TODO
Added message to clarify perks selection screen
Fixed issue where portraits were attached to images option
Added perk Cautious
Shamed now gives a buff to Submissive
Added perk Responsive
Submissive attribute now increases pleasure dealt to opponents when they fuck you
New Submissive skill: Invite
New Submissive skill: Beg
New Fetish skill: Tortoise Wrap
New Submissive skill: Shameful Display
Capped the amount of money the AI will spend on consumables each day
Added the game's first futanari character Eve. She's a sadistic hedonist and uses the Fetish skill tree
Eve doesn't have any daytime scenes yet
Added some scenes with Kat and Aisha that lead to being able to learn the Animism skill tree
Kat's Feral buff now also applies to players with Animism >= 4
New consumable item: Summoning Scroll
New consumable item: Dark Talisman
Video Game scenes featuring NPCs now increase their affection
Added three new Video Games scenes featuring Angel's friend, Caroline
Added weekends. You now have more daytime hours on Saturday and Sunday
Feral status now scales with Animism
Added perk Ass Master
Added the introduction scene for Alice, the submissive trainer
Made some changes to how postmatch scenes are implemented. They should be easier to add now
Characters can reach rank 2 at level 20, this comes with a pay increase
Added submissive training scene, with a few different variations
Added a couple shortcuts to the map that can be used by character with high Cunning
After visiting an NPC at least once, their attraction will start to be converted to affection, making it no longer useless
Armbar now causes a Power debuff
Leglock now causes a Speed debuff
New starting trait: Brass Balls reduces damage from low blows
New starting trait: Bra Master gives bonus to stripping tops
New starting trait: Panty Peeler gives bonus to stripping bottoms
New starting weakness: Hair Trigger for people who are finding the game too easy
Characters can reach rank 3 at level 30, this comes with a pay increase
Added a new, very powerful, probably familiar NPC who appears as a special event enemy
This NPC has access to the Hypnosis skillset.
There's currently no way for the player to learn Hypnosis
Added Angel double-team scene for NPCs with a dick (slight cheat, it's almost identical to her normal one)
Added Player double-team scene for NPCs with a dick
Added Cassie double-team scene for NPCs with a dick
Added Jewel double-team scene for NPCs with a dick
Added Mara double-team scene for NPCs with a dick (another copy of normal scene)
Fixed an issue where NPCs could miss their advanced class if they hit level 20 too quickly
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Merged in invalidcharacter's GUI changes

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Original changes:

Added special text for Eve using AssFuck
Added trait AnalFanatic - boosts pleasure to both parties when having anal sex and makes the holder Frenzied for the duration (Surprise, Eve gets this)
Frenzied now boosts Power and Animism more than before, and reduces damage taken
Made the 'Mystery NPC' vastly more powerful to deal with the mod allowing higher damage and limits
Fixed the Experienced trait doing the opposite of what it's supposed to
Added '.ngs' extension to the autosave so the load dialog can see it straight away
Fixed a bug where Enthralling Trap could force a character to move back and forth if they can't fight their 'master' (thanks to ReliableNarrator)
Fixed a fatal bug for the Slime where it could destroy the wrong article of clothing
Various small fixes, mostly text related
CockGrowth now has an actual accuracy calculation instead of a flat 0
Escape is somewhat more likely to work in escaping stances
Added Imbue Fetish, which bestows a somewhat-random fetish on the target. Requires Fetish >= 10
Added Assjob - Descriptions written by CharredNewt
Added TailSuck and a status it can cause; Requires the EnergyDrain trait
Fixed LevelDrain giving the target Satiated instead of the user
Fixed EnthrallingTrap not having a string representation for use in the button (You can only see this under the influence of a Succubus Draft)
Generalized the structure for match modifiers (like underwear only, hypersensitivity cream, etc.) so they are easier to add. They can be created in JSON, too, though not with full functionality yet.
Completely remade the way NPCs handle enthralled opponents. It's now less powerful and more random.
Fixed stripping checks causing a crash if the character is naked.
Made Undress and Masturbate much less likely to be picked by the AI
(Probably) Fixed body modification skills causing changes in simulation. (Temporary changes were prevented, permanent ones weren't)
Added a duration to fetishes.
Finished Airi, who has been partially implemented for a long time. She's a slime, and will appear when you reach level 10.

Slime characteristics:
Enhanced Slap - chance of knockdown.
Enhanced Trip - higher success chance.
Enhanced Dissolve - does not require items.
Lower pain taken
Can grow/remove genitals for a small amount of Mojo.
Can use Spores, which force the opponent to use skills that can trigger counters
Can use Engulf, which is a counter similar to Rosea's: it only hits on the turn after it is deployed.
-It is a very, very bad idea to attack a slime the turn after they use Engulf
-The Engulfed position dissolves all of the target's clothes and it's a fucking stance.
-Aside from regular fucking skills, Multi Fuck allows the slime to use all genitals the two combatants have at once.
Slimy Cock:
-Can 'burn' through underwear, so you can use insertion skills while the opponent is wearing underwear.
-Causes Horny when it is pulled out, due to some slime remaining inside.
Gooey Pussy:
-Weakly binds any cock inside of it. (Not as strong as vaginal tongue, for example)
-Causes passive damage per turn. Like autonomous pussy, but not as powerful.
-Causes greater Willpower loss if a cock cums inside of it.

Added a new match type, the FTC Match (Fuck the Carrier). It will trigger for the first time after reaching level 15, at then randomly (rarely) after that.

FTC Match:
-There are four hunters and one prey.
-The prey is naked and cannot have items.
-At the start of the match, the prey gets a Flag.
-The prey gets one point for every three turns they hold the Flag.
-If whoever is holding the Flag gets defeated, the winner takes the Flag.
-Each player has one base where they can resupply.
-The hunters can turn in the Flag at their base for five points.
-If the prey beats a hunter, they gain three points.
-Hunters get two points for beating other hunters, but no points for beating the prey.
-When a hunter turns in the Flag, the prey can collect a new one at their base.
-When the prey gets a new Flag, they cannot be attacked for a short time.

https://mega.nz/#!cxh2lQyT!Y4BQ_4C2hvZepTT0jP7QjDL2vFQECQEILN3zRQWWwH0

invalidcharacter

Dec 10, 2015
I like the changes to the map, it's almost exactly what I was intending to eventually do (although now the map layout it wrong again).

What was the spoiler feature? I hope I didn't mess with that on accident. I hope to be able to contribute some more in about a month.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Nope I'm referring to the forum's spoiler feature. It made it easy to hide stuff so not everything is shown in a huge post

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
im curious nergantre is adding scenes for the different starting genders on your list of things to do

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Been hoping the mod got merged with the original. I'm glad it has happened. Thank you for all your work!