Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

devilsgab

May 25, 2016
I can't open the game anymore since I refresh my pc. It says `` Could not find or load main class`` It's probably on my side but does anyone have a idea ? Thanks :)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I can't open the game anymore since I refresh my pc. It says `` Could not find or load main class`` It's probably on my side but does anyone have a idea ? Thanks :)
Make sure that:
  1. You have installed Java: http://www.java.com
  2. You have extracted the archive file (running straight from the ZIP will not work)
  3. You placed the extracted files in a 'normal' folder (i.e one that is not C:\Program Files or C:\Windows, for example)

devilsgab

May 25, 2016
Yes I have java and even try to reinstall it but nothing change and i have extract the folder 2.3.3 on my desktop but same errors :) but thanks for the respond :)
just to be sure i open NightGamesMod.jar with Java Platform SE binary is that what i should be doing ?

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yes I have java and even try to reinstall it but nothing change and i have extract the folder 2.3.3 on my desktop but same errors :) but thanks for the respond :)
just to be sure i open NightGamesMod.jar with Java Platform SE binary is that what i should be doing ?
Well, that ought to work. You should be able to just double-click the .jar for it to work. If it does not, try using Open With... and find something along the lines of C:\Program Files\java\<java version>\bin\javaw.exe and select that to open .jars. It shouldn't make a difference, really, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Actually, try re-downloading first to rule out file corruption, as unlikely as that is.

devilsgab

May 25, 2016
Yeah i try with javaw.exe and java.exe,try to launch it with cmd but same error... well too bad but thanks for the help :)

jskil5

May 17, 2016
i noticed somthin im pretty sure is a bug cassie uses her binding spell on me and next turn she uses counter i opted to struggle or escape and that triggers the counter
i was only a few turns into this fight and i hadnt been grabbed or knocked down yet

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah i try with javaw.exe and java.exe,try to launch it with cmd but same error... well too bad but thanks for the help :)

Could you post the command you run from cmd? And the directory structure you're running it in? I mean, if you
even got the idea to go into cmd you probably know what you're doing, but a second pair of eyes can't hurt. (Or, you know, several hundred of them.)

i noticed somthin im pretty sure is a bug cassie uses her binding spell on me and next turn she uses counter i opted to struggle or escape and that triggers the counter
i was only a few turns into this fight and i hadnt been grabbed or knocked down yet

Bah. Struggle is quite understandably a 'physical' skill. Because, you know, it just is. Trouble is, physical skills in are counter-able by definition in the game... Usually that's no problem, because you're usually already in a submissive position when struggling, and so Counter is not available to the opponent. Not so with Binding and Dark Tendrils, though... It looks to me like the physical-ness of a skill is only used in deciding whether or not a counter succeeds, so I suppose we can simply lie and say Struggle is actually just as physical as Taunt and Wait are?

I've got Jewel's unique traits 'finished'. The quotation marks are because I have not sufficiently tested the latest few and I haven't had the time to integrate nergantre's latest changes yet. So a day or two more for those.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@The Silver Bard,
I'll see I can do. Maybe Angel also needs a makeover, she was one of the first ones I drew portraits for, and it definitely shows.

@devilsgab
Since you're launching it cmd, make sure you're adding -jar. It should look like

Code:
java.exe -jar NightgamesMod.jar

@dndw

I think counters needs a skill that makes contact in order to trigger. Struggle is unfortunately one of those skills lol. Maybe it needs to just not make contact when struggling against bindings.

Edit:
Ehhh it could be angel v2 I guess?
F5U3OtP.png

Edit2
Bonus reyka doodle because I'm not coding :(
Aj1spn3.png

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Sorry for the double post, but I thought this was pretty cool. It's working! :D It might not look like it, but getting to this point was a fuckton of work. Still some bugs left, but I'm hoping to get a release out by midweek.

I'd have to give a huge thanks to whoever decided to make most of the NPC skills observable, it made this so much easier.

pLPyJav.png

JKlg3JV.png

Edit: here's the entire album: http://imgur.com/a/gqBB0

PS, dndw, I pushed my changes to my repo. Sorry if that makes your merge harder. Let me know if you need help doing the merge.

Last edited:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
That's amazing! Does the clone/pet replace their owner other than 2-on-1 positions? Do you still have to fight Angel after beating the clone? 2v2 with your own pets? This is pretty exciting stuff!

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I'd have to give a huge thanks to whoever decided to make most of the NPC skills observable, it made this so much easier.

(...)

PS, dndw, I pushed my changes to my repo. Sorry if that makes your merge harder. Let me know if you need help doing the merge.

*takes a modest bow, then bursts into giddy applause*

Yeah, it seems every time I check GitHub you've changed a hundred files. If I have any questions, but my quick skimming of the changes suggests that the new additions are pretty clear, if numerous.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Bronzechair
You actually don't really fight the clone at all, the clone just uses skills each turn. There are some specific skills that will interact with the pets, but most of the time, you are still going to be fighting the main NPC.

2 on 2 works similarly like it did before, the pets can decide to "battle" resulting in one of them getting vanquished by rolling a die. Otherwise the pets are just going to attack their master's opponents.

I thought about making a way to attack the pets normally, but it would take a bunch of UI work, and most of the time you don't really want to bother anyways

BPIdev

Nov 12, 2016
@nergantre is there anything I'm missing for getting mouth-pussy upgrade for Cassie? I've checked the code in Cassie.java and have selected mouth focus in the combat dialogue with her. Yet, despite her being level 66, she does not offer me mouth-pussy transformation. She does not have Tongue Training 2 & 3 either, which seem to be level 25 and 38 traits for her. She does have Expert Tonguerwork trait though.

Me: Your body has a face, normal skin, a normal mouth, an anal pussy, Fused Gloves, Fused Boots, normal balls, F Cup tits, a cat's tail, cat ears, a massive runic girl-cock, angelic wings, and an arcane patterned vagina.

Cassie: Level 67; Seduction 108, Cunning 92, Speed 5, Power 78, Arcane 101, Perception 6,
Max Stamina 378, Max Arousal 635, Max Mojo 339, Max Willpower 82.
Her body has a face, C Cup tits, normal hands, normal feet, normal skin, a normal ass, a normal mouth, normal ears, an arcane patterned vagina, and an average-sized runic girl-shaft.

Traits:
Active Imagination: More easily swayed by pillow talk
Addictive Fluids: Addictive bodily fluids
Enchanting Voice: Willbending voice, can occasionally force a command.
Expert Tonguework: Can charm with oral pleasure
Hawk Eye: More accurate
Innocent Appearance: Reduction to opponent's power
Judo Novice: Basic understanding of judo
Magic Eyes: Arouse: Eyes have a chance to arouse
Magic Eyes: Enthrall: Eyes have a chance to enthrall
Magic Eyes: Frenzy: Eyes have a chance to cause frenzy
Magic Eyes: Trance: Eyes have a chance to entrance
Misdirection: They look left, you go right
Mojo Master: Max Mojo increases faster
Pussy Training 2: Perfected vaginal control.
Responsive: Return more pleasure when being fucked
Romantic: Every kiss is as good as the first
Sexual Groove: Passive mojo gain every turn in combat
Silvertongue: Terrific tongue talent
Soft Hearted: Incapable of being mean
Soulsucker: Soul sucking lips
Tongue Training 1: Refined tongue control.
Witch: Learned to wield traditional arcane magic

Last edited:

LogicalKink

Jan 7, 2016
Hmm, the problem with mojo is that I don't really want the early game skills becoming useless as you get better ones. Kiss is sort of like that, it's relevant all game, especially as you get more traits buffing it.
Making everything scale is probably the best way to do this. There are also the multi-levelled-skills like shove/shredding palm. If you decide to stick with always-relevant basic skills, more upgrades is likely necessary for SoD. Arcane lets you summon arm bindings, an upgrade for arcane trip for summoning leg bindings makes sense (I've implemented one in my fork, though I intend to keep working on it). This could introduce conflicting upgrades, but I think most conflicting upgrades should be with stats that it is unlikely to build together, like ki and arcane, so this should be alright.
but also builds 20 + Arcane / 3 % mojo.
Is this a straight upgrade to wait/focus, or an extra skill? I would be inclined towards the first.
I'm thinking maybe there should be a per-turn mojo gain as well. Maybe something like 3-5% a turn, so you can always use something after a few turns.
There's already a trait for that (sexual groove). I would be inclined to make it so that at (stat x>15 && x is highest advanced stat), each stat gets a unique extra mojo generation mechanism- say:
Dark: gain mojo when opponent is CC'ed (charm, trance, etc.)
Ki: gain mojo from doing stamina damage
Fetish: gain mojo from triggering fetishes
Submissive: gain mojo from being in a submissive position/being penetrated/losing willpower?
Science: passive mojo gain, costs batteries ($$->mojo)
Animism: gain mojo from taking arousal damage
Arcane: extremely effective channel skill (active rather than passive) and/or passive mojo generation
Divinity: gain mojo from inflicting arousal damage
Slime: gain mojo from absorbing fluids

I think counters needs a skill that makes contact in order to trigger.
Counter has all sorts of issues. Airi gets free moves at the end of her turn sometimes, and sometimes it's a counter that leads to Engulf if triggered. I've triggered that counter with tighten. I mean, it makes contact, but really?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@BPIdev,
Shit. I just realized that the new specializations do not get saved. That means if you save then load, they wont get the higher level traits anymore.

I'll fix it in the next patch. Sorry about that.

Edit:
Managed to fix it, but it was a bitch to fix. I ended up just saving the entire growth object... :| Sorry dndw, ended changing a bunch of files again.

Last edited:

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Talking about growth, I think character.dong should use growth to decrease stamina/mojo/arousal rather than just snipping off 2 and 4 but it's a game balance thing so I thought I'd ask

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Pim_gd probably right, but there was some weirdness with it. I'll see if I can fix it as well.

Btw I'm a bit stuck. Can anyone think of another interesting trait for Angel?
This is what I have so far:
Level 10 Sex focus:
hole control
zeal inspiring
powerful hips
autonomous pussy

Level 10 ???? focus (tentatively temptation?)
No traits yet, maybe throw in magic eye arousal for kicks

Level 20 Worship focus

object of worship (unlocks automatic worship skill usages)
???? not sure yet, need something not too overpowered mid game
sacrosanct - when you get hurt, automatically gain alluring for 1 turn (so you cannot hurt her twice consecutively)

with sex focus:
piety - unlocks a new worship skill for your opponent, which will reverse sex positions if they are on top.
with temptation focus:
mandate of heaven - doing temptation damage can force your opponent to use a worship skill

???? not sure yet

revered - more chance for worship to trigger

Level 20 Followers focus
apostles - Automatically summons Caroline, Mei or Sarah every _ turns in a fight after they have been vanquished
leadership - pets have +5 level
tactician - pets are harder to hit
devotee fervor - pets can sometimes act twice in a turn
congregation - you can have a maximum of 2 pets (instead of 1)
with sex focus:
- ???? (not sure yet, maybe something to buff threesomes?)
with temptation focus:
- ???? (no idea :\)

BPIdev

Nov 12, 2016
What about
Some kind of pheromones or, say, "Divine Radiance" that passively increases opponent's arousal and followers' mojo for temptation focus trait on level 20 follower focus. For sex focus, what about "Sexual Fever" that would apply Nymphomania to Angel and a participating follower once Angel has orgasmed?

For level 10 temptation focus, what about Cute/Tempting Tits? And Fetish Trainer for level 20 worship focus?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So Jewel's new traits are done. I'll make a list of the names and effects below, and I've submitted a pull request.

I did notice a few odd things that I did not have time to go track down so far:
- It looks as if post-combat scenes fail to trigger if the player levels up.
- Characters are highly unlikely to use drafts or other consumables (except for the occasional Energy Drink). This seems to be a side-effect of the new strategy system, since I don't remember them being so scarce. It primarily takes the fun out of that level 5-10 range, in which things are just starting to get weird.

I did have some ideas for Angel, but then I went to work on Jewel and Mara (sketch below) and forgot about Her Holiness. I remember one branch could make her more subservient, the 'take away your sorrows', 'healer' kind of angel, rather than the 'DEA VULT!' variety we often see now. It would offer a number of buffs for Angel in sex positions where she is submissive, and also confer 'blessings' upon the player as encouragement.
Starting from the list you gave,,, Threesomes sound good for sex + followers. With temptation, maybe the followers could put up a distracting show to give Angel an edge? Or maybe Angel could 'get involved' with the followers, taking some arousal herself but causing massive temptation to the player? I'm not sure temptation is the right way to go, though. It seems pretty similar to worship, and pretty generic to boot. That said, apart from the alternative I outlined above, I'm drawing blanks.

Jewel's traits:
Level 10: Martial Arts
- Grappler, +/- 15% increase in hold strength. (Making Struggle and Escape +/- 15% more difficult)
- Disabling Blows - Pain-focused skills (the red ones) have a chance of temporarily and slightly lowering their target's Power
- Natural Top - Dominances of positions in increased by 50%. In most cases this translates directly to a 50% increase in Willpower damage to her opponent.
- Takedown - If the target has less than a quarter of their original Stamina remaining, Tackle always succeeds and causes Winded for two turns. It also causes increased damage, like Pounce.

Level 10: Anal Focus (though in truth, the anal bit comes quite late; Jewel still gets Anal Training)
- Powerful Hips - This one existed long before now; it allows grinding from a submissive sex position.
- Tight - Another re-purposed oldie, this one increases arousal from both vaginal and anal sex.
- Powerful Cheeks - This one is new, and it makes it more difficult to pull out of Jewel's ass. It's similar in strength to a vaginal tongue. Hand Lock / Leg Lock make escape even more difficult.
- Tempting Ass - Two things: First, it creates a chance to inflict a 1-turn Frenzied whenever the opponent has Ass Fuck available to them. Second, plain old Fuck may randomly change to Ass Fuck (33%).

Level 20: Physical Dominance
- Indomitable - Stance dominance against Jewel is lowered by 3, effectively making her immune to slightly dominant stances, and severely reducing the Willpower damage from more dominant ones.
- Confident Dom - Jewel will get sporadic buffs to her Power, Ki or Cunning when dominant.
With Anal Focus:
- Draining Ass - Jewel's ass drains Stamina when fucked, and has a chance to drain some Power as well.
With Martial Arts:
- Edger - Unlocks Edge, which causes high temptation damage (which cannot cause orgasm), and significant stamina damage when the player is over 100% arousal.

Level 20: Mental Dominance
- Commanding Voice - Tempt may cause a 1-turn Trance, Taunt may cause a 1-Turn stun.
- Mental Fortress - Grants a resistance to mind games (Trance, Enthralled, Charmed, etc.) which scales linearly with Jewel's Stamina. At 100% stamina, the resistance is 75% effective.
With Anal Focus:
- Bewitching Bottom - Makes Ass Fetishes twice as likely to trigger. In addition to their regular effects, these fetishes boost the effectiveness of Powerful Cheeks and Tempting Ass.
With Martial Arts:
- Unquestionable - Randomly causes 1-turn stuns when the player is in a submissive position.

ROUGH, completely unimplemented, potentially unfeasible draft of Mara's traits:
Level 10: Arm device focus
- Arm Sex Toy (I need a better name) - Attaches a harpoon-like sex toy to Mara's arm, which she can shoot at her opponent and which will morph into a dildo or onahole, preferring the latter for herms. This toy would stick to the target like clothing. Thanks to logosK who made a vibrator with a similar concept in their own fork, inadvertently inspiring this branch of traits.

In addition to the traits themselves, each time one is unlocked it also makes the toy a bit harder to remove.

- Yank? - Unlock Limb Training 2, and also unlocks the new Yank skill, which can floor an opponent connected to Mara via harpoon-toy.
- Conducive Toy - Unlock Limb Training, also make Stun Burst far cheaper and more effective while the opponent has her toy on them.
- ??? - Unlocks a slight chance to cause a Carnal Virtuoso-like double orgasm when the opponent cums because of the harpoon-toy.

Level 10: Cybernetic Vagina Focus:
- Constrict - Unlocks Constrict, which is basically Vaginal Tongue with a different text. Grows stronger when additional traits from this focus are unlocked.
- ??? - Reduces recoil damage from using sex skills by half, and damage from sex skills used by her opponent by a quarter. Also unlocks a level of Sex Training (which is nergantre's new, merged Pussy Training and Cock Training)
- Artificial Pheromones - In addition to inflicting Horny, these also have a chance of causing a brief Frenzied. Also unlocks another level of Sex Training
- Accommodating? - If the opponent has a special cock type which is not normally weak to Cybernetic Pussy (Incubus), then Mara's pussy also gains the effects of whatever it is weak to. If the player has a regular or Incubus dick, damage is instead increased by a fair amount.

Level 20: Temporal (So she won't get her Temporal stuff in the alternate path)
The first two 'levels' of this focus don't give any traits, but rather 10 points in the Temporal Attribute each. Mara is free to invest addition Attribute Points in Temporal on level-up.
With Arm Device Focus: ???
With Cybernetic Vagina Focus: Causes damage-over-time to the opponent after they pull out of Mara. (it makes them relive the sensations of being inside of her, you know, time travel-style.)

Level 20: Mind Control Focus (She gets the addiction anyway, but this focus boosts it. This could well end up waaay overpowered. We'll see)
<Insert two missing traits/bonuses/whatever here>
With Arm Device: Unlocks a specialized Pin-like position which can be used when the opponent has the toy attached to them, and which boosts the rate at which Mara's Mind Control addiction manifests.
With Cybernetic Vagina Focus: Mind Control manifests faster when Mara is in Cowgirl or some other Mara-dominant sex position.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@LogicalKink,
Sorry missed your message earlier.

I do agree that a lot of skills can be merged. I think it's something that I should look into next. For conflicting stuff, it could just take whatever stat is highest or something like that.

Channel is a straight up upgrade of wait. I'm trying to avoid making new skills as much as possible and adding upgrades like you suggested.

The mojo gain stuff is interesting, I'll have to try playing around with it to see how it affects matches. I do want to make sure that >30 mojo skills don't come out too often though.

Yup counter is kinda wonky. It's sort of an issue with anything with so many parameters unfortunately. Maybe there needs to be a skill tag that's like "uncounterable" or something like that...

Anyways I agree with most of your suggestions, it's just finding the time to implement them from now on.

@BPIdev,
Hmm I kind of want to avoid adding more pheromone stuff to Angel since it feels like it doesn't really make much sense, but I kind of do like the idea of an aura for followers. Maybe just passive mojo gain for pets? I'll try it out.

Nymphomania is an insane buff, I want to make sure that one is used sparingly. The only reason Kat has it right now is that she's basically a hair trigger and her complete character is balanced around it. She was a joke before that haha

@dndw,
I kind of like the "motherly" Angel, but I definitely want followers and worship in the game as the two advanced specializations. In fact I'd probably flip the table right now if I had to scrap all the pet stuff :D

Agree on the temptation being rather generic, but I'm drawing a blank as well on what another viable basic specialization would look like for her. Even sex as specialization seems a bit weak because fucking her generally puts you in a bad place even without having a billion traits to back it up.

About the addictions though, I've been trying to keep addictions as a part of one of the level 20 specializations, so that if you're not particularly into that, you can skip the mechanic. It's up to you though, maybe it's okay to have it be in both.

As for feed back on Jewel, looks good! The only issue that may pop up is that the 1 turn stuns/trances could actually be bad for Jewel since it may confer cynical or wary, making it difficult for her to actually land long status effects. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Mara looks interesting too. I'm a bit worried that temporal skills is actually quite a bit weaker in the mod compared to the base game. Reseting arousal seems... underwhelming, and the other skills are primarily defensive. Haste seems pretty good, but other than that skipping turns and spending a ton of mojo to crank up seems almost like a waste of time. Maybe some traits will fix that.

LogicalKink

Jan 7, 2016
the 'take away your sorrows', 'healer' kind of angel,
How about a trait that causes any stamina damage that someone fucking her has to be converted into arousal damage? And/or a trait that converts a set amount (based on divinity) of stamina damage to Angel into arousal damage for both people?
Or maybe Angel could 'get involved' with the followers, taking some arousal herself but causing massive temptation to the player?
If the followers have a full arousal+willpower statblock, then Angel draining willpower from worshippers when they orgasm is reasonable, and could make this work mechanically.

The submissive/healer angel seems like it should be set up opposite a commanding/dominant angel- but that would require followers/sex to be one pair and commanding worship/healing the other, and both followers and command worship seem a bit strong for level 10. If the followers focus starts with pets at lvl10, upgrades to multiple pets at 20, and upgrades to people at 30 or something, that might make follower focus work for 10.

Mara already kind of has an identity as being the cunning fighter, and she has a unique trap (that she seems to underuse in my experience). Adding more custom traps and working on the balance there could let you come up with some more traits.
lvl10 biological focus:
Sensitizing Skin: whenever Mara touches a body part of yours, it temporarily gains sensitivity.
Upgrades to breast/cock ray.
A more useful version of rewire (maybe it makes skills that cost -10% mojo instead/also cost +10% lust), a skill that makes you unable to control your limbs (trip + can't stand up or use non-talking skills for X turns)
Liquid pheromone trap: gives you pheromones that affect you and any enemy that isn't mara for X turns

Lvl10 technological (sex toy) focus:
sticky vibrator shotgun (shoots a bunch of tiny vibrating beads covered in a sensitizing adhesive): (her science+cunnings - your cunning+2*speed) number of vibrators get stuck to you. Each turn you take (number of attached vibrators) lust damage, and (10% * turns) of them fall off. You can take an action to remove (cunning) of them.
trait: detachable vagina: if you manage to pull out of her vagina, the inner portion detaches as an onahole stuck to your penis. Trait gives autonomous pussy for free, and the onahole functions like that.
Mag-locks: magnetic handcuffs/footcuffs. Mara has to put them on one (one hand/foot) at a time. Cannot be removed without special attribute action (e.g. electrocute them with arcane, corrode them with dark, smash them with ki, etc. Fetish can't escape, but can inflict bondage-based fetish on opponent). If there's one cuff, doesn't restrict actions, easy roll (highest attribute vs 0.5*science) to escape, two cuffs are like arm bindings, medium roll (highest vs 1.0* science) to escape, three cuffs are like arm bindings + pin, hard roll, four cuffs = loss. Escape removes all cuffs, adding a cuff costs mara batteries + mojo.
Training collar: Mara can put a collar on you if you are pinned and she is behind you. Electrocutes you (small stamina damage, chance to interrupt action) if you do something she doesn't like (inflict stamina damage?), inflicts shamed. Lasts past end of combat like horny.
Robo-spider trap: upgrades Mara's spider trap with robotic spiders that tease you to the edge of orgasm (max arousal), trap delays you for more than 1 turn, Mara instantly knows where you are and heads towards you shortest-path.

Lvl20 temporal focus:
Haste: while you have the haste buff, each of you opponent's turns, you get (30+science) stacks of haste. If you start a turn with 100 stacks, lose 100 stacks and go twice. Also increases speed/accuracy/cunning, decreases sensitivity.
Slow: works like haste, but at 100 stacks you lose your turn. Also decreases speed/accuracy/cunning and increases sensitivity.
Slowing trap: inflicts slow for 30 minutes
Alternate history overlay: costs 100 mojo, gives her the benefits of all 4 focuses for a limited time
With biological: partial haste buff speeds up everything except your brain. Multiplies damage from all DoT effects by (1.3+0.02*science). Biological might need some more DoTs. Also, now when slow triggers on you and you skip your turn, DoTs still active on the skipped turn.
With technological: accelerated development: increases Science attribute by 30%, multiplies mojo gain by 1.3.

Lvl20 mind control focus:
Infrasound: spreads mind control using audio at a frequency humans cannot consciously detect. Mara can toggle it as a piece of clothing, costs batteries every minute while on, causes 0.02 addiction gain/turn while on.
Hypnotic visor (usable if mara is behind you and your arms are trapped): works like a blindfold, but requires a roll to remove and causes addiction gain/turn.
Command orgasm: consumes 0.1 addiction to cause (addiction * 10 * (30 + science)) arousal gain.
Hypnotic hologram trap: if roll (science vs willpower * (1-arousal %)) succeeds, forces (10+science/3) minutes of masturbation.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Speaking of Mara's trap, it actually causes a crash right now. She also seems to break and only ever use Onahole to the exclusion of all other skills around level 35-40. I've also noticed a loop where many opponents will endlessly spam Oral Pin -> Stand Up until the fight is over.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.trap.Spiderweb.capitalize(Spiderweb.java:89)
at nightgames.combat.Encounter.trap(Encounter.java:524)
at nightgames.combat.Encounter.parse(Encounter.java:569)
at nightgames.gui.EncounterButton.lambda$1(EncounterButton.java:44)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.characters.Player.move(Player.java:305)
at nightgames.global.Match.round(Match.java:108)
at nightgames.global.Match.resume(Match.java:129)
at nightgames.gui.EncounterButton.lambda$0(EncounterButton.java:32)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@LogicalKink
There are some really good ideas in there. I'm not sold on the biological focus, but the tech one looks great. I'm tempted to take that one and my arm device one for the level 10 choice, but they are quite similar... I suppose it could be presented as a 'general tech' versus 'this specific bit of really powerful tech' dichotomy, but still. The level 20 choices seem great as they are, except that I'll need to replace the biology crossover wwithan arm device one.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Bronzechair,
Woops, fixed the trap. I'll look into the strategies, may have something to do with it. If you want to help, maybe turn the DEBUG_STRATEGIES flag on and grab some logs of what they're doing? I think I do know what's going on, but just in case :p

Anyhow, here's what I have for Angel now. Most of it's implemented now too, other than some of the new Worship traits. I'm still tweaking the numbers right now.

Nymphomania focus seems a bit stronger than sex focus right now, but I'm a bit conflicted, since zeal inspiring and powerful hips are such strong traits that I'm not sure if it balances out in the end. The worship traits also feels a bit too CC heavy to me right now, may have to change the numbers or mechanics of some of them. BTW if you think of a better name for some of these traits, please do suggest them. I admit I was just grasping at straws a bit at the end.

Code:
Global.flag(ANGEL_SEX_FOCUS);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(12, Trait.holecontrol);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(20, Trait.zealinspiring);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(25, Trait.powerfulhips);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(39, Trait.insertion);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(54, Trait.autonomousPussy);
Code:
Global.flag(ANGEL_NYMPHOMANIA_FOCUS);
character.mod(Attribute.Nymphomania, 1);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(12, Trait.lastStand);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(20, Trait.nymphomania);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(25, Trait.RawSexuality);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(39, Trait.erophage);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(54, Trait.sexualDynamo);
Code:
Global.flag(ANGEL_FOLLOWERS_FOCUS);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(21, Trait.apostles);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(30, Trait.leadership);
if (Global.checkFlag(ANGEL_SEX_FOCUS)) {
    character.getGrowth().addTrait(42, Trait.inspirational);
} else if (Global.checkFlag(ANGEL_NYMPHOMANIA_FOCUS)) {
    character.getGrowth().addTrait(42, Trait.showmanship);
}
character.getGrowth().addTrait(45, Trait.tactician);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(48, Trait.devoteeFervor);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(60, Trait.congregation);
Code:
Global.flag(ANGEL_WORSHIP_FOCUS);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(21, Trait.objectOfWorship);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(30, Trait.magicEyeArousal);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(42, Trait.sacrosanct);
character.getGrowth().addTrait(45, Trait.genuflection);
if (Global.checkFlag(ANGEL_SEX_FOCUS)) {
    character.getGrowth().addTrait(48, Trait.piety);
} else if (Global.checkFlag(ANGEL_NYMPHOMANIA_FOCUS)) {
    character.getGrowth().addTrait(48, Trait.mandateOfHeaven);
}
character.getGrowth().addTrait(60, Trait.revered);

Code:
New/Changed Traits:
Last Stand - Automatically uses a powerful version of tighten or thrust if possible when orgasming
Nymphomania - Same as Kat's but nerfed (Kat's version is the same). Basically, when orgasming, there's a chance to restore some of the willpower lost. This chance grows higher with more points into nymphomania.
Raw Sexuality - Buffed a bit from before, now does 5% of your respective maximum arousal in temptation damage per turn. This is scaled by seduction/charisma bonuses.
Sexual Dynamo - 20% chance to gain % mojo equal to % pleasure taken when you take more than 5% of your maximum arousal in pleasure damage. When orgasming, you gain 5 seduction for 10 turns (can stack).

Apostles - Randomly summons Mei/Caroline/Sarah once every 10 turns if below the maximum pet count. The turn counter stops when at the maximum pet count.
Leadership - +5 levels to pets
Inspirational - Shares certain sex traits with your pets (if you have them, your pets get them automatically on summoning. this is currently a hardcoded list, and includes most of the non-magical sex traits)
Showmanship - Your pets can now use worship skills on you. Taking pleasure damage from your pets tempts your opponent for the same amount. (May be too overpowered, we'll have to see)
Tactician - +5 to pet evade, increases the maximum arousal and stamina by 50%
Devotee Fervor - Pets have a 50% chance of acting twice in a turn
Congregation - +1 to maximum number of pets. (Funny story, so apparently Angel's pet decided to summon a pet with this trait, because I accidentally added it to the inspirational list. That... didn't work so well)

Sacrosanct - When dealt pain damage, automatically gains alluring for 1 turn.
Genuflection - When the opponent is getting up (returning voluntarily to the Neutral position), they have a worship% chance to Kneel instead.
Piety - Adds a worship skill that can occur during sex where you switch positions with your opponent. (eg Missionary becomes Cowgirl)
Mandate of Heaven - Doing temptation damage increases the chance of you using a worship skill. This resets when you actually use a worship skill.
Revered - +10% Worship chance

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Well, I got one log. I spent a few nights trying to get her to appear and only found her once near the end.

Mara is now using UseToyStrategy
next skills: [Onahole, Riding Crop]
Mara is using strategy UseToyStrategy
DefaultStrategy is now at 0
UseToyStrategy is now at 4
UseToyStrategy is now at 3
UseToyStrategy is now at 2
UseToyStrategy is now at 1
Mara is now using FootjobStrategy
next skills: [Reversal, Struggle, Escape, Flick]
Mara is using strategy FootjobStrategy
FootjobStrategy is now at 3
next skills: [Counter, Shove, Trip, Twist Nipples, Kick, Riding Crop, Knee, Slap, Tickle, Flick, Manuever]
FootjobStrategy is now at 2
next skills: [Counter, Shove, Trip, Twist Nipples, Kick, Riding Crop, Knee, Slap, Tickle, Flick, Manuever]
FootjobStrategy is now at 1
next skills: [Footjob, Stomp]
UseToyStrategy is now at 1
Mara is now using KnockdownStrategy
next skills: [Stun Blast, Counter, Shove, Trip, Twist Nipples, Kick, Riding Crop, Knee, Slap, Squeeze Balls, Flick, Manuever]
Mara is using strategy KnockdownStrategy
KnockdownStrategy is now at 3
next skills: [Stun Blast, Counter, Shove, Trip, Twist Nipples, Kick, Riding Crop, Knee, Slap, Squeeze Balls, Flick, Manuever]
KnockdownStrategy is now at 2
next skills: [Reversal, Struggle, Escape]
KnockdownStrategy is now at 1
next skills: [Reversal, Struggle, Escape]
UseToyStrategy is now at 4
UseToyStrategy is now at 3
next skills: [Onahole]

The forum doesn't allow this extension to be attached, but here's the text for my save file if you want to check it out yourself. You'll need to clip out Summer if you don't have her file.

http://pastebin.com/hdJaDPzh

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Welp that looks pretty much what I'd expect. Mara is trying to spam toys, but since she only has one toy, she's just spamming that one skill. The chance of picking that strategy shouldn't be huge, but maybe something is fucked up. I'll try to reproduce it...

LogicalKink

Jan 7, 2016
'm not sold on the biological focus, but the tech one looks great. I'm tempted to take that one and my arm device one for the level 10 choice... I suppose it could be presented as a 'general tech' versus 'this specific bit of really powerful tech' dichotomy, but still.
I think that dichotomy is reasonable, but Mara already has a bunch of abilities that are biological, and it seems like there is already a focus there that just hasn't been grouped into one.

I also put a lot less thought into the biological focus than I did into the others.
I realized that we really don't need to only have 2 choices at each level. So...
Doc Oct:
Mara constructs robotic arms coming out of her back. She has 2 for every 10 levels, instead of normal 12/20/25/39/54 scaling. Every turn, each arm with an active attachment takes an action. They are probably internally implemented as pets with one or two single abilities. They tend to have low accuracy.
Each arm has a different end.
Grabbers- an even number of arms must have grabbers. Each grabber makes an attack. If one grabber hits, next turn all other grabbers get an attack bonus. No effect on the target, but they can escape the single grabber with an easy struggle. If two grabbers hit, this causes arm bondage.
Stabilizers- at level 20, grabbers can switch to stabilizers on their turn (there can only be 0 or 2 stabilizers). While mara has stabilizers, she is almost impossible to knock down. Also, if a target is grabbed by two grabbers and Mara has stabilizers, the target gets lifted off the ground into a special position. Struggle/escape is very difficult, and no move that makes contact is possible.

Rays: (Size changing ray arm attachments cannot cause permanent changes).
Shrink rays do the same thing as normal shrink rays. If your penis has been shrunken to the point that it disappears, shrink rays target muscles, causing a temporary reduction to power and ki.
Growth rays do the same thing as normal breast rays, but with no upper limit to size. When size exceeds F cup, contact moves have a change to fail or cause Falling on a particularly bad roll.
Heat rays cause stamina damage.
Defabrication rays become available at lvl20. They destroy pieces of clothing, and when no clothing is present, they strip off very thin layers of skin, causing something like sunburn, increasing sensitivity.
Healing rays become available at lvl20. They restore Mara's stamina. If she is at full stamina, they shut down, diverting power to other arms and giving a random other arm an extra action.
Itching rays become available at lvl30. They are distracting, causing mojo drain.
Lust rays become available at lvl30. They cause arousal damage.
Suppression rays become available at lvl40. They suppress higher thought, causing a turn of Frenzy. They way they are constructed, they can double as dildo attachments (in case the target has no penis/vagina).
Latex rays become available at lvl40. They cause temporary changes to skin, making it harder to move, reducing stamina, max stamina, mojo, max mojo, power, and ki, but also reduces lust damage taken. Also causes physical moves to have a lower chance of success.

Force Blasters: become available at level 20. They spend a turn charging, and then shoot out a blast that does significant stamina damage and may knock down.
Dildo attachments: are available from lvl10. If the enemy is pinned or frenzied, they initiate penetration vaginally or anally. They work like pets that can penetrate, and must be removed as the first step in any struggle stack. Starting at level 20, they can penetrate orally under the same conditions as normal penetration. If the enemy is not pinned or frenzied, they use a slap that causes shamed if it hits (and builds no mojo).

Synergy:
With temporal focus: Slowing rays: become available at lvl30. They cause the slowing status effect (at a weak level), or increase the slow factor of a present slowing effect.
With mind control focus: Hologram projectors: become available at lvl30. They cause a turn of trance if they hit (low accuracy, prevented by blindfolds).
(With Adaptability):
With chemistry focus: dildos passively inflict fluids. Also, new attachment: Fluid sprayers: become available at lvl20. Inflicts all fluids effects on hit.
With biological focus: all arms become biological tentacles (<< happens instantly, >> happens at level with synergy bonus). 2 extra tentacles. At least two tentacles must be dildo attachments. Dildo attachments return some mojo on slap and some pleasure on penetration. This is particularly strong for a synergy effect because one of the Biological traits is blocked by this combination.
With technological focus: grabbers can apply mag-locks.
With dildo/onahole harpoon: harpoon becomes an attachment. 1 extra arm. >1 arms can be devoted to the harpoon, increasing the number of times it activates per turn.

At lvl12, gain ability to create improved spring trap- instead of a rope hitting your crotch, an arm grabs your balls/dildo goes into your vagina. You can escape at the cost of all of your stamina and mojo, or wait 10 minutes until it turns off. If you get attacked while waiting, it activates before your first turn.
Chemistry focus (these traits are like the existing ones, but scale with science). Also grants immunity to similar perks for others.
12: Laced fluids (arousal)
12: Liquid pheromone trap: sprays target with liquidized pheromones. Gives them pheromones that affect them and anyone they fight that isn't mara. Lasts 10 minutes.
20: Laced sweat: while in a contact stance, weakly inflict juices, amount based on level of contact and level of clothing.
20: Inundating fluids: fluids have reduced but nonzero effect if on skin rather than in mouth, less reduced effect on nonmouth mucous membranes.
25: Addictive fluids (addiction rework- now requires a value over a threshold for piqued/addicted, addiction amount scales with science)
39: Hypnotic fluids (like hypnotic semen but all fluids, weaker, willpower now internally a double).
54: Improved addictiveness (addiction lasts longer, resistance builds slower)

Synergies:
With temporal focus: Body Haste: an active ability that speeds up the body without speeding up the mind, tripling the damage of DoTs, but also increasing target's power by 30%.
With mind control focus: Stupefying fluids: fluids now amplify mind control gains.
(With Adaptability):
With biological focus: lengthened tongue as described there.
With doc oct: fluid sprayer attachment and dildo upgrade, as described there.
With technological focus: adhesives from vibrator shotgun now inflict small amounts of fluids.
With harpoon focus: the harpoon inflicts fluids.
Biological focus: (now almost all passive skills, synergizes with power build)
Lvl12 effect:
Enhanced muscles: 0.5*science is added to power.
Enhanced durability: 1.5*science is added to max stamina.
Lvl20 effect:
Biological understanding: 0.5*science is added to seduction for the purposes of all skills that make contact.
Biological manipulation: effective science is multiplied by 1.5 for the scaling on all science-based biology-manipulating abilities (breast ray. shrink ray, rewire, etc.)
Lvl25 effect:
Ampullae of Lorenzini: cannot be surprised (while masturbating, bathing/showering, by someone hiding, etc.).
Subcutaneous stimulators: slight level of passive arousal and stamina damage while in contact.
Lvl39 effect:
Nervous System Separation: an ability that prevents willpower loss from orgasm for the next 3 turns, replacing it with stamina loss.
Lvl54 effect:
Reformattable Body: (1) passively alters body to make it more attractive to the person she's fighting, using her hacker records of other competitor's internet histories. +5 charisma. (2) Mara may appear as someone else while walking around- e.g. the game says "you run into Angel" but it's actually Mara once you start combat. If this happens, she gets a surprise round.

Synergies:
Mind control: infrasound effectiveness doubled.
Temporal: Temporally adapted: a more robust body lets haste be safely used at higher levels, thought this still places significant strain on the body. Haste cooldown removed and it can now stack, though each stack after the first causes -30 stamina/turn.
(note the original temporal/biological synergy was moved to chemistry).
(With adaptability)
Chemistry: lengthened tongue (upgrades kiss, new lick attack if in contact with opponent (inflicts extra fluids))
Doc Oct: described there, basically arms -> tentacles. Also, the second part of Reformattable Body does not function.
Technological: Weapons (like rays) get integrated into hands, battery costs removed, mojo cost reduced.
Harpoon: The harpoon is biological, the onahole/dildo is your hand. (<< instantly, >> only at level for synergy bonus) While molesting target's genitals, gain mojo rapidly.
Also, a new lvl20 focus: adaptability/diverse tech/polymath/polyscientist.
Effect: grants two unselected lvl10 focuses when selected. Note this means 3 synergy bonuses (given at 21, 30, and 42, randomly assorted) instead of 1 given at 42, and triple trait gains at 12/20/25/39/54, as well as 3 trap types.
The lvl20 focuses seem like they might not be quite as strong as double the lvl10 focuses, so a detrimental effect like (-30% science and -20% exp gain) might also be needed here.

It also is not entirely clear how focuses would be picked- with Cassie, it makes sense for her to ask you, but it is not as clear with Mara that her asking you whether she should specialize in biotech or standard tech is the right way for that to work.
Perhaps in one difficulty you pick, and in the standard difficulty they pick whichever would be more effective against the types of strategies you've employed so far? Like Angel chooses sex focus if you keep trying for sex, or Mara chooses mind control focus if fights tend to be long (as that gives more time for infrasound to work, while temporal focus is better for burst damage (partial haste consumes DoTs for burst, haste lets you burn mojo for quick effect)) and/or Mara tends to be able to force you into positions where her standard orgasm mind control works.

Last edited:

MB_The_First

Nov 14, 2016
Are there any tentacle focused skill trees? I know fetish has some, but is there any where tentacles are a significant part of the style?

Edit: Also, is it just me or is Arcane kinda boring? I'm at 38 arcane and I expected more options. It seems to share a lot of moves with Dark.

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@LogicalKink

Wow, ok. That's a lot, and some things need mechanics in place which do not exist yet and would not at all be simple to implement. The Doc Oct seems like a lot of fun. It also seems like a lot of work. Does that entire first spoiler refer to Doc Oct? Because that's huge. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it would just take time. The reworked biological focus looks interesting, but some of those advanced traits would require a lot of new features (read: bugs). Chemistry on its own seems a bit underwhelming, but I can see it combining well with the others.

Overall, some of those traits need to be toned down a bit with regard to complexity. I will have pretty much zero time for the next few days to do anything besides talk more, but I'll try to combine our ideas into a single, feasible list, and we can work from there.

And no, there is no specific path for tentacles. They can mostly be found on Rosea and Airi, and there are some Science skills which use them, I think.