Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Symbiotic

Jun 8, 2016
OK, I made some sort of huge mistake and managed to get myrellion glassed, this was likely due to me skipping through some dialogue I certainly should have read more closely. The worst part is though I didnt even notice I had done this until waaaay later in the game (put off going back until I finished a bunch of other stuff) so I have no save from pre explosion, is there any way using the save editor I can unglass the planet? I cant seem to find a flag referencing it, or am I just out of luck and have to restart to finish that content?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
OK, I made some sort of huge mistake and managed to get myrellion glassed, this was likely due to me skipping through some dialogue I certainly should have read more closely. The worst part is though I didnt even notice I had done this until waaaay later in the game (put off going back until I finished a bunch of other stuff) so I have no save from pre explosion, is there any way using the save editor I can unglass the planet? I cant seem to find a flag referencing it, or am I just out of luck and have to restart to finish that content?
It's when you do Kara's quest, there's a button for hard personalities to push, a self destruct. It explains that if you do you will nuke Myrellion. The only untouched area is the deep caves where queen Tiarva (?) palace is, while the rest of the surface is uninhabitable. (Radiation and what not).

Symbiotic

Jun 8, 2016
It's when you do Kara's quest, there's a button for hard personalities to push, a self destruct. It explains that if you do you will nuke Myrellion. The only untouched area is the deep caves where queen Tiarva (?) palace is, while the rest of the surface is uninhabitable. (Radiation and what not).
Thank you, based on this I was able to find the flags, it's KQ2_NUKE_EXPLODED and KQ2_NUKE_STARTED that you have to delete if anyone else is ever as stupid as me in the future

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
I really wanted to yell at the marshal "and that's why soldiers don't make good politicians!" or something similar after I sent the War Queen off to the Kui-Tan and got chewed out for it.
What will be more damaging to the morale of any remaining rebel forces?

-Capturing the queen
-Accidentally killing the queen in random crossfire
-The queen shamefully fleeing to another world to save her worthless skin

Damn, this isn't the time to be chewing me out for not capturing her, go out there and get ahead of the narrative. Make it clear that the woman who proudly proclaimed she would fight alongside the resistance to the bitter end fled to the closest Tanuki cock as soon as she got some stiff resistance. That does way more damage to the rebel's cause than any show trial for war crimes ever could.

Also, whatever happened to those gold myr codes I stole?

criticAlls

May 4, 2018
From what I've read it appears that the team has the Myrellion peace option all bullet pointed out, though that was some time last year. I've looked on the wiki and done a search here yet I must not be using the right words or the like because I haven't seen much about this end-state for the planet. So to this extent does anyone know if the peace option is in yet? I can't quite figure it out myself.

TheShepard256

From what I've read it appears that the team has the Myrellion peace option all bullet pointed out, though that was some time last year. I've looked on the wiki and done a search here yet I must not be using the right words or the like because I haven't seen much about this end-state for the planet. So to this extent does anyone know if the peace option is in yet? I can't quite figure it out myself.
Not yet. I know that at least some progress has been made on writing, but I've no idea if it's actually finished being written yet.

Reactions: criticAlls

sothisisit

Jul 20, 2022
Honestly im going to have a hard time accepting any "peace" so long as the reds can handshake a person into dumbfuck slavery. The laissez faire approach to slavery and ruining PoWs is why I will forever hate that planet and would rather evacuate the golds and glass the rest. The storytelling touched on a harsh subject but did it no service and the player is given no choice in approaching the topic beyond fucking the slaves or not fucking the slaves. Both villain choices if thats all it ever amounts to.

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
Honestly im going to have a hard time accepting any "peace" so long as the reds can handshake a person into dumbfuck slavery. The laissez faire approach to slavery and ruining PoWs is why I will forever hate that planet and would rather evacuate the golds and glass the rest.
What? That's not at all what the reds can do, if anything that's what they believe the golds can do, they think the golds' nectar works like their poison. Hell it's even more similar to what the Bothrioc do and both sides are terrified of them for it.

Honestly Myrellion is in a messy situation for everyone. The Scarlet Federation was about to win the war and got stonewalled at the last push so they're glaring daggers at the UGC, the Gilden Republic was about to be wiped out and got saved at the last second so now they're scrambling to try and turn the situation in their favor and the UGC unintenionally picked a side on first contact so they're forced to use a deterrent fleet to keep the planet from blowing itself up. Add to that Ara Kei trying to keep the Bothrioc from being steamrolled (and Taivra pushing into the table if you ally with her) and the planet is one hair trigger away from going FUBAR.

Honestly the only way I see the war ending is if we manage to show both sides that it's not worth the headache. Any number of things can be put to the table: Estallia abandoning Myrellion, the Bothrioc being granted provisional sentient rights, the Federation's difficulty in handling the POW overflow, the psychological strain on the gold queens, the desertions, the reproduction problems on both sides, the orange myr hybridity, etc.

OblivOreo

May 21, 2022
I really wanted to yell at the marshal "and that's why soldiers don't make good politicians!" or something similar after I sent the War Queen off to the Kui-Tan and got chewed out for it.
What will be more damaging to the morale of any remaining rebel forces?

-Capturing the queen
-Accidentally killing the queen in random crossfire
-The queen shamefully fleeing to another world to save her worthless skin

Damn, this isn't the time to be chewing me out for not capturing her, go out there and get ahead of the narrative. Make it clear that the woman who proudly proclaimed she would fight alongside the resistance to the bitter end fled to the closest Tanuki cock as soon as she got some stiff resistance. That does way more damage to the rebel's cause than any show trial for war crimes ever could.
honestly? exactly this.

She was fighting with FULL knowledge that she couldn't win.
She was a symbol of rebellion for THAT reason... because she wouldn't back down.

Now what? She's gone.

The red's could EASILY spin that as "She's run off with her abdomen between her legs. Their last fighting chance has left all her sisters to rot." Or some shit...

military might can only solve so many problems, and, short of literally wiping out EVERY. SINGLE. GOLD. (which is genocide and, forgive me for being an idealist, but it's WRONG), this is not one of those problems.

Reactions: MellowNumel

NoobNoob

Aug 24, 2023
So, is there any plans to expand the rebellion in the gold myr. Because I picked that option in the quests expecting something epic, missed my appointment and then nothing. Which is apparently the current state with that option according to the wiki.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
So, is there any plans to expand the rebellion in the gold myr. Because I picked that option in the quests expecting something epic, missed my appointment and then nothing. Which is apparently the current state with that option according to the wiki.
Myrellion has been dead for a while my dude. Sorry.

NoobNoob

Aug 24, 2023
Hey, I didn't know if there were any people do some work to flesh it out in the community like sometimes happens in CoC2

falkirian

Jan 1, 2023
I got a quick queston about Wetraxxel den
I found a door that needs a key and a cool stick, the stick im using it to bash people in the face but what bout the door? Do i need to sleep with the Wetraxxel or someting?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I got a quick queston about Wetraxxel den
I found a door that needs a key and a cool stick, the stick im using it to bash people in the face but what bout the door? Do i need to sleep with the Wetraxxel or someting?
You can't actually go in there outside of losing to john bugman.