Lust Resistance (and tree-hugging hippies)

Degenerate--Dryad

Oct 13, 2018
I've always been ironically curious about doing a more-or-less sex-free run in these games. While effectively impossible, the idea stuck with me for some time. After replaying Champions, I wondered how my character could fit into the environment (as anyone who's had an OC can agree).

In Champions, there is a way to eventually 'train' the character to Meditate instead of Masturbate, to prevent corruption from spreading. There is a similar effect in Eden, where the character can use Meditate, instead of Masturbate or sex with their companion. Obviously, since the equivalent of 'Corruption' in Trials is the Libido stat, this leaves room for a more free-spirited character to be the 'anti-Libido' MacGuffin.

Here's what I put forth - I would like to write a character and a scene, for a little slice in the corner of Mhen'ga. This area would only be able to be accessed after a certain event - i.e. the collection of the probe on Myrellion or some such. The character would introduce themselves to Steele and explain why they (the character) exist, story story plot plot plot. The character's function in the game would be to train Steele to resist lust effects, to lower Steele's libido, and to give Steele the option of 'Meditation' and 'Focus'.

Meditation would be used instead of 'Rest', and would lower lust instead of raising it. Similarly, in combat, Focus could be used instead of Fantasize to lower lust instead of raising it.

As someone who has some writing experience, I am well aware this will be a lot of work, and I would greatly appreciate feedback before I would get started.

Cheers!

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
The equivalent of Corruption ain't libido, it's Taint.

It would be nice if this proposed system would account for things like Treated Readiness and make meditation unavailable to those that chose to modify their characters to always be lustful.

Using focus in combat needs to be heavily balanced though and probably should be allowed like Second Wind or Burst of energy: once per combat encounter.

All in all, this sounds good.

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
I like it. I've thought about this as well, but I never thought I would write it. I'm glad someone else picked it up.

Degenerate--Dryad

Oct 13, 2018
Artie on Mhen'ga's junkshop sounds like the ideal person for this, but you would need permission from Nonesuch, and a high tolerance for writing hippy-dippie nonsense, of course.

Well I was thinking of doing my own character, that way I have more freedom. And thanks for all the feedback, guys!