Long Live the Princess

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.25.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.26.0 is out for patrons and subscribers. You can find download links for 0.25.0 here (public), and 0.26.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

New month, new update! Version 0.26.0 is entirely focused on the story at a ratio we haven't seen before in this game. For the first time in the history of LLtP (someone correct me if I'm wrong), we have an update that features no lewd content whatsoever. Apologies if lewds are what you were hoping for, but the storyline must take precedence this time. There will be lewds again next month, don't worry.

This month's update is all about Nell and the Fairy Queen, featuring Nell's dark secret and the conclusion to the storyline we started last month. Some of your earlier choices will cause unexpected consequences, though it won't be evident in what way if you have a save where you've done everything already. In a new game, however, this update will come off as harder than what you're about to experience. Not only that, but I plan to make it more difficult in a later update, once there are more sources of a particular ability score.

Previous updates have prepared us for the endgame in somewhat subtle ways, but this time around, it gets explicit. You're supposed to feel as if the endgame is really close after finishing the new content, and it really is. I could theoretically get us there in one more update, but I'm not in that much of a hurry just yet.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.26.0:
  • Implemented Nell's dark secret.
  • You may now try to convince Nell to come with you.
  • Added and modified scenes to handle the fallout from this update's events.
  • Tweaked how Nell's Remove Inhibitions works for future updates.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.

Changelog 0.25.0:
  • You may now attempt to interpret the Fairy Queen's visions.
  • Charisma training now goes up to level 6.
  • Added a new scene with Samarra.
  • Added a new sex training scene with the Fairy Queen.
  • Samarra will now tell you her whole story if you are worthy of it.
  • Improved animation, lighting, and pubic hair color in Samarra's first sex scene.
  • It is now possible to search Samarra's tent.
  • Added a new musical track: Samarra's Theme.
  • Various tweaks and fixes

Reactions: Evil

Talonblade

Aug 12, 2017
So here is a question... How does one put it in Primrose's backdoor when you go with the girlfriend route?

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.26.1 is now out for everyone, and version 0.27.0 is out for patrons and subscribers. You can find download links for 0.26.1 here (public), and 0.27.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

Before this version of the game, we only had one secret left to solve: Primrose's dark secret. With 0.27.0, that secret is now available to solve, and the rewards for doing so enjoyed. Whatever you think Primrose's secret is, you're probably wrong. A few more pieces of the puzzle should start to come together with these developments, leading us ever closer to the endgame.

In addition to Primrose's secret, you now have the option to have fun with Nell after her transition into her new role as of the previous update. This assumes that she is your girlfriend and that you didn't put her through hell. But who would do that to poor Nell anyway, huh?

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.27.0:
  • Implemented Primrose's dark secret.
  • Expanded Primrose's existing sex scenes.
  • Added a new scene with Nell.
  • Added a SubscribeStar link to the main menu.

Changelog 0.26.1:
  • Solving Nell's dark secret no longer removes a clue you need to solve the Fairy Queen's vision. Saves that already encountered this bug are automatically repaired upon loading.

Changelog 0.26.0:
  • Implemented Nell's dark secret.
  • You may now try to convince Nell to come with you.
  • Added and modified scenes to handle the fallout from this update's events.
  • Tweaked how Nell's Remove Inhibitions works for future updates.

Ferozban

Dec 14, 2019
Hello Belle,
I don't notice any difference in the new update.

If i try to get Primrose dark secret it tells me that i don#t know enough. And i also don't see any additional in Primrose sex scenes or a new Nell scene.

Is it possible that Saved Games from the previous version are not working with this one?

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Hello Belle,
I don't notice any difference in the new update.

If i try to get Primrose dark secret it tells me that i don#t know enough. And i also don't see any additional in Primrose sex scenes or a new Nell scene.

Is it possible that Saved Games from the previous version are not working with this one?

Both of these new scenes can get locked out for you, depending on choices you've made earlier in the game. Basically, if Primrose ever went to jail, you will most likely not be able to solve her dark secret. If Nell wasn't your girlfriend or you threatened her to make her leave, you can't get her new scene.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.27.0 is now out for everyone and can be downloaded from here. There won't be a new patron-exclusive version this month since I took December off, so expect the next patron-exclusive release in early February, with the next public release following in early March.

Jason281

Jan 9, 2020
Hi Belle,

Just discovered this game and I'm really enjoying it so far! I do find myself reloading old saves to try out different choices etc.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a quicker way to skip through dialogue than individually clicking with each line? I'm playing on Windows 10.
Thanks!

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a quicker way to skip through dialogue than individually clicking with each line? I'm playing on Windows 10.

Like in most RenPy games, the TAB key toggles skipping mode - dialog lines that have been seen are passed almost instantaneously until you reach a decision or lines that you haven't seen before.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Hi Belle,

Just discovered this game and I'm really enjoying it so far! I do find myself reloading old saves to try out different choices etc.

Thanks!

The classic way is to use Ctrl. This quickly dismisses individual lines of dialogue without actually skipping anything. I recommend this over the TAB suggestion. You'll also find that it's pretty much standard across multiple game engines for visual novel-style games.

Jason281

Jan 9, 2020
The classic way is to use Ctrl. This quickly dismisses individual lines of dialogue without actually skipping anything. I recommend this over the TAB suggestion. You'll also find that it's pretty much standard across multiple game engines for visual novel-style games.
That sounds perfect, I'll use that. Thanks for the help!

Memmowuiz

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Belle,

I'm sorry for the ask, but how can i do to increase the perversity? D:

Great Play! i will wish donate also little money to the develop the game :)

Memmowuiz

Jan 12, 2020
I'm definitely wrong about something, I sent her to prison and now she tells me that the little secret I needed or will need when she is out of prison. I started an old save and found the right secret but at the second step I didn't have the answer. Interesting. ;)

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.28.0 is now out for patrons and subscribers. You can find download links for 0.28.0 here (patrons). You can also find this link at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

This month's update brings us to the end of the Leanan Sídhe's story, finally answering the mystery behind who she is and what she's trying to accomplish. We also get a new scene with Belle, and the final puzzle piece needed for next month's update gets introduced.

This version features what I consider to be the best animations I've made for this game so far. I'm clearly still learning, after all this time.

With this out of the way, there's minimal story remaining before we head into the endgame. I'm excited. How about you?

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.28.0:
  • You can now return to see the Leanan Sídhe one final time.
  • Added a new scene with Belle.
  • It is now possible to obtain Perversity 5 without doing the night scenes.
  • If you threatened Nell, she will now cool down after a week. Note that you must ask for sex again for this countdown to begin.
  • If you keep giving Callie unwanted creampies, she will now eventually refuse to have sex with you.
  • The toggle perspective button no longer skips to the next line of dialogue (thanks to Morbil).
  • Belle will now give you a hint if you watch several of Callie's fashion shows without searching for clues.
  • If it is impossible to solve Primrose's dark secret in your save, you will now be informed of this when trying.
  • Made the hints Belle gives you on how to train Perversity show up earlier. Also clarified the dialogue to reduce confusion.

Reactions: Evil and Tinman

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.28.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.29.0 is out for patrons and subscribers. You can find download links for 0.28.0 here (public), and 0.29.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

Oh boy, this update really turned out to be something special, I think. It's not the most significant update in terms of gameplay length (far from it, in fact), and it doesn't contain even a single new sex scene. What, then, makes it stand out?

First of all, version 0.29 finally lets you confront the Crone about all the secrets she has been keeping. Who is she really? What is it she seeks to achieve, and why? You're about to learn the answers to all those questions and more. The LLtP community has speculated about the Crone and her identity for a long, long time. A rare few people got it almost entirely right, but most have been off in one way or another. We'll finally be able to lay those theories to rest this month. It feels great to finally reach this conclusion that we have been working our way towards for so long. You'll find that I laid the groundwork for this update already in the first few versions I ever released of this game.

Second, I took the plunge, at last, and polished the hell out of the menus and the early parts of the tutorial. I believe that first impressions are incredibly important, yet those have always been LLtP's weakest point. The main menu has been dominated by Princess Placeholder, a generic Daz model that was never really supposed to be in the game. She's gone now, replaced with... something else. You'll see when you boot the game up.

The tutorial got a minor rewrite alongside a series of new renders to replace the ones previously used for Evelyn's and Primrose's introductions. Evelyn's new renders are mostly just a facelift. The old ones looked like the kind of crap inexperienced devs make with Daz, which makes sense. After all, I was inexperienced myself when I made these. Primrose's new renders are a more significant change, and one for the better. There is also a brand new, though short, intro sequence before we see Evelyn for the first time. Even if you've played the game before, I strongly recommend at least checking out this new opening.

We also have a brand new music player in the gallery. Now you won't just unlock sex scenes as you play the game, but music as well. Any musical track you come across automatically unlocks in the gallery, allowing you to listen to them at your leisure as well as look up their names and composers. Handy!

This update contains a lot more than just this, but it's mostly minor things. Still, these small features add up, with the end result being a far more polished, professional game experience as we prepare to head into the endgame. I definitely feel like these changes were worth the time investment, and I hope you all agree.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.29.0:
  • Implemented the Crone's secret. This is a big one, folks.
  • You can now learn the Probe Memories spell, though there is no content for it yet.
  • Removed all traces of Princess Placeholder. Among other things, this means we get a new main menu background.
  • Added a brand new intro upon starting a new game.
  • Rewrote parts of Evelyn's and Primrose's introduction in the tutorial to match the rest of the game's tone better.
  • Created new images for both of those sections to lift the graphical quality and fix a few annoying issues.
  • Added a music player to the gallery. Music tracks unlock as you discover them in the game.
  • Added a new musical track.
  • Updated multiple old scenes to support the new events in this update.
  • Added more character pages to the scene replay gallery. They are empty, for now.
  • Hopefully fixed the bug with Callie refusing to have sex for no reason. Existing saves should be repaired automatically.
  • You can now obtain a fingerbone even after Nell is gone.
  • Belle now points you in the right direction if you fail the vision quest puzzle while missing a vital clue.
  • Fixed visual bugs in the river scene.

Changelog 0.28.0:
  • You can now return to see the Leanan Sídhe one final time.
  • Added a new scene with Belle.
  • It is now possible to obtain Perversity 5 without doing the night scenes.
  • If you threatened Nell, she will now cool down after a week. Note that you must ask for sex again for this countdown to begin.
  • If you keep giving Callie unwanted creampies, she will now eventually refuse to have sex with you.
  • The toggle perspective button no longer skips to the next line of dialogue (thanks to Morbil).
  • Belle will now give you a hint if you watch several of Callie's fashion shows without searching for clues.
  • If it is impossible to solve Primrose's dark secret in your save, you will now be informed of this when trying.
  • Made the hints Belle gives you on how to train Perversity show up earlier. Also clarified the dialogue to reduce confusion.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Farewell boob flashing princess, you're flashing peasants in the recycling bin now!

Really liked this update, and I'm glad to see how the Crone's story has panned out. I've mentioned a couple of theories before, been wrong but meh, worth it for this update.

Thanks for the new update, Belle!

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.29.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.30.0 is out for patrons and subscribers. You can find download links for 0.29.0 here (public), and 0.30.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

Ooh, that's a nice round number. It sounds like the ideal time to round off and wrap up the final content before the endgame.

If you already glanced at the patch notes below, you might have noticed that they are shorter than usual, especially when compared with last month's update. Fear not, it's not because I suddenly grew lazy or anything. Quite simply, I put almost all of my focus this month into making a ton of renders for just two different scenes. Only one earlier version of Long Live the Princess has had more new images than this one, and that was the big Evelyn update. There are 336 new images this time around with a lot of animations. I also feel like the renders themselves are incredibly appealing. I hope you'll agree.

As mentioned, there are two scenes in this update. One of those covers the results of casting Probe Memory on the Crone. The other is the good old scene where one of Callie's customers offers you a blowjob. That was the first sex scene I ever made, and it showed. Now, that scene has a brand new look and massively improved animation. I hope you'll agree with me that it was worth the effort. Hopefully, we can do the same thing with other old scenes in the future.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.30.0:
  • You can now cast Probe Memory on a certain princess.
  • Rebuilt the sex scene with Callie's customer to feature a new costume, lighting, and massively improved animation.
  • Removed the Multiple Girls page from the scene gallery and moved its scenes to the respective girls' pages.

Changelog 0.29.0:
  • Implemented the Crone's secret. This is a big one, folks.
  • You can now learn the Probe Memories spell, though there is no content for it yet.
  • Removed all traces of Princess Placeholder. Among other things, this means we get a new main menu background.
  • Added a brand new intro upon starting a new game.
  • Rewrote parts of Evelyn's and Primrose's introduction in the tutorial to match the rest of the game's tone better.
  • Created new images for both of those sections to lift the graphical quality and fix a few annoying issues.
  • Added a music player to the gallery. Music tracks unlock as you discover them in the game.
  • Added a new musical track.
  • Updated multiple old scenes to support the new events in this update.
  • Added more character pages to the scene replay gallery. They are empty, for now.
  • Hopefully fixed the bug with Callie refusing to have sex for no reason. Existing saves should be repaired automatically.
  • You can now obtain a fingerbone even after Nell is gone.
  • Belle now points you in the right direction if you fail the vision quest puzzle while missing a vital clue.
  • Fixed visual bugs in the river scene.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
You put a little spoiler in those patch notes for people who aren't necessarily keeping up to date with the story (although admittedly it spoils a plot twist that a lot of people would have guessed well in advance). It relates to "Probe Memory"...

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
You put a little spoiler in those patch notes for people who aren't necessarily keeping up to date with the story (although admittedly it spoils a plot twist that a lot of people would have guessed well in advance). It relates to "Probe Memory"...

It's only a spoiler in hindsight when you understand what it means. I worded it deliberately to be vague. After all, this game is about the titular princess, so there would be nothing too surprising about those patch notes.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
It's only a spoiler in hindsight when you understand what it means. I worded it deliberately to be vague. After all, this game is about the titular princess, so there would be nothing too surprising about those patch notes.
It's... not very vague. You mentioned in the patch outline that the new content relates to
casting Probe Memory on the Crone
, then listed in the actual changelog that you can now
cast Probe Memory on "a certain Princess"
. Ergo
the Crone has to be a Princess in disguise

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
It's... not very vague. You mentioned in the patch outline that the new content relates to
casting Probe Memory on the Crone
, then listed in the actual changelog that you can now
cast Probe Memory on "a certain Princess"
. Ergo
the Crone has to be a Princess in disguise

Oh, yeah. That's true. I kind of missed that. Oh well, it's not going to be a problem after this version anyway, since the update texts are usually omitted from the patch notes later on.