Long Live the Princess

Talonblade

Aug 12, 2017
Not yet, but there are more spells. Not all spells will be taught through spellbooks.

Technically, the first spell you learn in the story is from a spellbook you pick up.

Then I feel like I have missed something. Are the other spells you are talking about Remove Inhibitions and Invade Mind? If you are not then I am at a complete loss for I have no idea as to what you may be referencing as I feel as though I have gone through all the content available in version .20.

Talonblade

Aug 12, 2017
Okay just making sure for I was not 100% sure if others have been added and I have missed them. Thank you Belle ^_^

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.21.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.22.0 is out for patrons. You can find download links for 0.21.0 here (public), and 0.22.0 here (patrons).

This update is a little different from usual. There is just one more regular scene with no noteworthy story development. Instead, the focus is on the new roaming characters feature that I've promised since the beginning of this game's development. It's nothing too fancy, and it's nowhere near complete, but this is a good beginning.

Roaming characters means that you will now start to see some girls in different places than you're used to. Interaction with them is limited when they're not in their regular location, but it does add variety and makes the world feel more alive. It also keeps things a little unpredictable. Some characters that previously used to be available almost all the time might now be busy occasionally. It can also go the other way. For example, you will now have the opportunity to make Evelyn available more often in the afternoons.

Because of the nature of some of these new scenes, you might not see a few of them at all if you've passed day 60, and you might miss out on others if you have reached Primrose's arrest event. This is a feature that's meant to be experienced from the beginning of the game, not as an additional thing to explore once you've exhausted all other content. From now on, the game will start making more assumptions about time. Anything past day 60 can be assumed to be outside the scope of the game, though it's perfectly fine to continue playing for as many days as you like until the endgame is implemented.

In addition to the roaming characters, this update also fixes a record amount of bugs, some of which have been lurking in the shadows for a while. If you've been following this game for a while, you'll know that bugs aren't exactly commonplace in my releases. That doesn't mean LLtP is immune to them, and we're facing the consequences of that this time around.

But enough about that. For now, enjoy!

Changelog 0.22.0:
  • Added a new sex scene with Evelyn.
  • Added 6 minor scenes with roaming characters.
  • Added descriptive text to the ability screen when you're suffering from ability drain.
  • You can now finger Evelyn in night scenes after taking her virginity.
  • Replaced two dialogue images for Evelyn that made her never close her mouth if she was naked, unshaved, and displaying certain emotions.
  • You can no longer gain Perversity multiple times in night scenes. Any excess Perversity gain from this source has been retroactively removed.
  • Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect ability drain in the UI.
  • You should no longer be able to steal Callie's panties multiple times.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.

Changelog 0.21.0:
  • You may now visit the Leanan Sídhe.
  • New scene with the Leanan Sídhe.
  • Expanded the Fairy Queen bathing scene for those who have completed her training.
  • Expanded the Erato sex scene.
  • Revamped visuals and improved animation for Nell's handjob scene in the tent.
  • Added a new spell that affects a large number of existing sex scenes.
  • Major revision to ability score mechanics to support new events in this update, as well as for New Game+ once that is added to the game.

Reactions: Evil

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
By the way, I don't suppose you heard about Corrupted Kingdoms? Seems to be taking a few cues from you, what with it being about a young man who finds himself in possession of the mysterious power to influence the minds of girls and is accompanied by a tiny sexy fairy. It's not a TOTAL rip-off of your game- the art style is totally different, the actual deep story you have is nowhere to be found, it's set in the modern day real world (only with supernatural elements) and the fairy is quickly revealed to only be acting like a bitch because she's totally tsundere for you (plus if the preview is anything to go by she's going to be a fully-romanceable girl you can even knock up) but it's hard to imagine they didn't at least play your game and think "Hmm, that's a good idea, I think I'll use that".

Last edited:

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
By the way, I don't suppose you heard about Corrupted Kingdoms? Seems to be taking a few cues from you, what with it being about a young man who finds himself in possession of the mysterious power to influence the minds to girls and accompanied by a tiny sexy fairy. It's not a TOTAL rip-off of your game- the art style is totally different, the actual deep story you have is nowhere to be found, it's set in the modern day real world (only with supernatural elements) and the fairy is quickly revealed to only be acting like a bitch because she's totally tsundere for you (plus if the preview is anything to go by she's going to be a fully-romanceable girl you can even knock up) but it's hard to imagine they didn't at least play your game and think "Hmm, that's a good idea, I think I'll use that".

Yeah, I'm aware of the game. It's perfectly okay for other adult game creators to take inspiration from my creations. In fact, it's kind of the way the game industry works most of the time, and it's a little flattering too. I just hope the author adds his or her own creativity to the mix and don't get too caught up by inspiration to come up with ideas for themselves.

Reactions: wibble

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You should no longer be able to steal Callie's panties multiple times.
*Looks forlornly at the small mountain of stolen panties* Well I refuse to give them back.

On a more serious note, I've enjoyed the new update. Did take me a while to find Evelyn's scene. Also, high charisma is a blessing!

Reactions: Tinman and Belle

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.22.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.23.0 is out for patrons. You can find download links for 0.22.0 here (public), and 0.23.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my newly opened SubscribeStar Adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

This is the first time I've updated the version of Ren'py that the game runs on, so there is a slight risk that you might run into problems with this update. If you do, please let me know as soon as possible so that I might look into it. On the plus side, the game should run faster and smoother now, especially on platforms that are on the slower side, to begin with. This should hopefully also prevent the issue Mac users saw in 0.22.0, where saves made in 0.21.0 wouldn't load, from happening again. Fingers crossed.

We're heading back to see the Leanan Sídhe in this update, and we're also going to explore the writing room. All of this leads to something else that I've been really secretive about lately, but rest assured that this month's content doesn't stop there. You'll just have to play it to see for yourself.

Once you've played this update, you'll have a pretty good idea what 0.24 is going to be about, and you're going to be correct. I'll talk more about this in the next progress report, but feel free to join me on Discord in the #spoilers channel (patrons only for now) to share your speculation (or just post here, of course).

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.23.0:
  • Updated to the latest version of Ren'py. If you run into any issues because of this, please let me know.
  • You may once again visit the Leanan Sídhe for "romance."
  • The writing room at the library is now open for business.
  • Expanded an existing sex scene considerably with several different variations.
  • Slightly expanded remove inhibitions content for a certain character.
  • Hovering over a locked scene in the gallery will now provide a hint for how to unlock it.
  • Added a new musical track.
  • Livened up the intro with some more music.
  • Evelyn will no longer show up at the training grounds if she has left town.

Changelog 0.22.0:
  • Added a new sex scene with Evelyn.
  • Added 6 minor scenes with roaming characters.
  • Added descriptive text to the ability screen when you're suffering from ability drain.
  • You can now finger Evelyn in night scenes after taking her virginity.
  • Replaced two dialogue images for Evelyn that made her never close her mouth if she was naked, unshaved, and displaying certain emotions.
  • You can no longer gain Perversity multiple times in night scenes. Any excess Perversity gain from this source has been retroactively removed.
  • Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect ability drain in the UI.
  • You should no longer be able to steal Callie's panties multiple times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Definitely enjoyed the new content and a perfect stepping stone for exploring new options for that character. Looking forward to September's update now!

Reactions: Belle

Mograx

May 21, 2019
Just picked this up, fantastic work! I have a question:
I've seen 2 guides, the most recent being updated for 1.8 but I think that was before you added roaming characters. In both guides, they say to train agility on day 10 (being the second time training agility), but Samarra is always in the library on that day. So I decided I'd go through the game a few times to see if I could get the 2nd agility training by day 15 to pass the check to follow Evelyn, in which the guide has you passing, and I can't see to find a chance to do so. This was apparently possible prior, but no longer.

Was it intentionally made impossible to have the 2nd agility training check point to follow Evenlyn on day 15? From what I can tell this isn't a matter of RNG, every time I do a play through to test, Nell and Samarra are ALWAYS at the library enough to make training level 2 agility impossible to follow Evelyn on day 15. I assumed I missed something since both guides suggest it's possible by this point, but I couldn't reproduce those results.

I decided to continue on, and while I've only done this once, I couldn't train the 2nd agility point for some time, and failed the subsequent Evelyn checkmark because I lacked agility to find her meeting at the worksite with Aldred as a result.

To finish, great work, love the game, amazing effort was put into this and it clear shows. You should be proud!

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Just picked this up, fantastic work! I have a question:
I've seen 2 guides, the most recent being updated for 1.8 but I think that was before you added roaming characters. In both guides, they say to train agility on day 10 (being the second time training agility), but Samarra is always in the library on that day. So I decided I'd go through the game a few times to see if I could get the 2nd agility training by day 15 to pass the check to follow Evelyn, in which the guide has you passing, and I can't see to find a chance to do so. This was apparently possible prior, but no longer.

Was it intentionally made impossible to have the 2nd agility training check point to follow Evenlyn on day 15? From what I can tell this isn't a matter of RNG, every time I do a play through to test, Nell and Samarra are ALWAYS at the library enough to make training level 2 agility impossible to follow Evelyn on day 15. I assumed I missed something since both guides suggest it's possible by this point, but I couldn't reproduce those results.

I decided to continue on, and while I've only done this once, I couldn't train the 2nd agility point for some time, and failed the subsequent Evelyn checkmark because I lacked agility to find her meeting at the worksite with Aldred as a result.

To finish, great work, love the game, amazing effort was put into this and it clear shows. You should be proud!

Thanks!

There is no randomness whatsoever in this game, not even a random number generator. I also do not concern myself with what is listed in walkthroughs, so anyone following those do so at their own risk. In any case, you didn't miss anything since all of the situations you're looking for are repeatable. You wouldn't even be asking these questions if it wasn't for you wanting to use a walkthrough. I strongly recommend just experimenting on your own.

Samarra and Nell aren't always at the library, but they are there quite often around the second and into the third week of the game's story since their murder investigation is ramping up at that point. They'll become far less active during week 3 or so.

Mograx

May 21, 2019
Thanks!

There is no randomness whatsoever in this game, not even a random number generator. I also do not concern myself with what is listed in walkthroughs, so anyone following those do so at their own risk. In any case, you didn't miss anything since all of the situations you're looking for are repeatable. You wouldn't even be asking these questions if it wasn't for you wanting to use a walkthrough. I strongly recommend just experimenting on your own.

Samarra and Nell aren't always at the library, but they are there quite often around the second and into the third week of the game's story since their murder investigation is ramping up at that point. They'll become far less active during week 3 or so.
Understood, sorry, my "ADHD" gets the better of me, even when it comes to smut, I can't seem to help myself from seeing, collecting, and following everything to a T.
Anyway, I meant it when I said I genuinely think this is great content. Truth be told, I thought Belle (please don't hurt me) was eye rolling cringy when she was first introduced and for a bit after, but it didn't take long until she was my favorite character. Her purpose, I thought at first, was simply a generic guider toward to the main plot with hints.. and nothing else, but eventually I, seemingly out of nowhere, realize I loved her so much I almost stopped caring about the plot! Almost xD

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Understood, sorry, my "ADHD" gets the better of me, even when it comes to smut, I can't seem to help myself from seeing, collecting, and following everything to a T.
Anyway, I meant it when I said I genuinely think this is great content. Truth be told, I thought Belle (please don't hurt me) was eye rolling cringy when she was first introduced and for a bit after, but it didn't take long until she was my favorite character. Her purpose, I thought at first, was simply a generic guider toward to the main plot with hints.. and nothing else, but eventually I, seemingly out of nowhere, realize I loved her so much I almost stopped caring about the plot! Almost xD
This is what I found as well. I think it's simply a matter that Belle (the creator, not the character) improved at writing Belle (the character, not the creator) as time went on. Initially Belle (the character etc etc) was frankly rather irritating, constantly threatening to kill you over trivialities despite being the size of your dick and dropping 4th wall breaks and out-of-place pop culture references in an attempt to make her "quirky" and funny, but as the story evolved she simply became a more well-rounded character in her own right, while displaying quirks and a sense of humour that comes naturally. She really grew on me until she's actually tied with Nell as my favourite character, maybe even slightly ahead. We've discussed that being a fairy gives a sense of Blue and Orange Morality which would make "romancing" her in the normal sense basically impossible, but I still find myself hoping she ends up promoted to full heroine status, with an optional ending of her own.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
This is what I found as well. I think it's simply a matter that Belle (the creator, not the character) improved at writing Belle (the character, not the creator) as time went on. Initially Belle (the character etc etc) was frankly rather irritating, constantly threatening to kill you over trivialities despite being the size of your dick and dropping 4th wall breaks and out-of-place pop culture references in an attempt to make her "quirky" and funny, but as the story evolved she simply became a more well-rounded character in her own right, while displaying quirks and a sense of humour that comes naturally.

This is a reasonable deduction and not far from the truth. It's not exclusive to Belle, however (most of the game's characters changed in various ways from when I first started writing them), and it doesn't really have much to do with my skill, but rather the gradual discovery of who a character is. Non-authors might be surprised at how little control an author has over his or her characters in a character-driven story, but they do end up living their own lives and making their own decisions that surprise even the author.

For Belle, I've basically decided that she is a bit more "edgy" early on because she's desperate to make an impression, but then she grows more comfortable with the MC and relaxes around him, with only the occasional attempt to keep up appearances. This is a retcon, but it's either that or rewrite the early parts of the game completely. I might still do that, but it's not high on my priority list. Writing a story with monthly releases is a hugely different beast from writing a traditional novel since you can't really go back and do much editing. In a way it's liberating, but it's also extremely stressful at the same time.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Out of curiosity, are there plans for more scenes of characters visiting other parts of town? Similar to Evelyn taking a breather, or Samarra investigating the library again. I only ask because for some reason the idea of someone as serious as Samarra going to buy small clothes from Callie is utterly hilarious.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Out of curiosity, are there plans for more scenes of characters visiting other parts of town? Similar to Evelyn taking a breather, or Samarra investigating the library again. I only ask because for some reason the idea of someone as serious as Samarra going to buy small clothes from Callie is utterly hilarious.

Yeah, I'll probably add more of those as we go, depending on whether or not I have an idea for it that I feel is worth implementing.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
You mean smallclothes as in underwear, not small clothes as in the outfits you buy from Callie for Belle, right...?

Because I can just imagine Samara indulging in her secret vice when nobody is looking- playing with girly dolls: "'Oh Lady Samarra, you're so smart and brave! There's no way any assassin will get close to the Princess while you're on duty!' 'Of course, I am always devoted to my duty!' 'And you're so beautiful, Lady Samarra, your muscles are so toned and your thighs are so-"
"Lady Samarra."
"WHAT??!!"
"You're needed at the stables."
"KNOCK ON MY TENT-FLAP! KNOCK NEXT TIME!!!"
"Yes ma'am."
"Did you see anything?!"
"No ma'am! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"
"Good!"

Reactions: Ryplinn and Evil

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yes.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Hey, just playing through from the start again, and I noticed a little something that was off: during the scene where Samarra and Nell arrive in town on horseback, they looked kind of awkward. It took a few seconds before I realised what was missing- the horses have no reins. Samarra handles it OK, but the way Nell is clinging directly to the neck of her horse makes her look like an amateur rider on the verge of falling off.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Hey, just playing through from the start again, and I noticed a little something that was off: during the scene where Samarra and Nell arrive in town on horseback, they looked kind of awkward. It took a few seconds before I realised what was missing- the horses have no reins. Samarra handles it OK, but the way Nell is clinging directly to the neck of her horse makes her look like an amateur rider on the verge of falling off.

I originally intended to have reins in that scene, but they just wouldn't cooperate. Something was wrong with how the reins on the models worked, so I couldn't make the characters hold them in a convincing way. I eventually removed the reins and posed the characters in such a way that, hopefully, most people will never even notice that anything is off. You noticed, but that's okay.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.23.0 is now out for everyone, and version 0.24.0 is out for patrons. You can find download links for 0.23.0 here (public), and 0.24.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my newly opened SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

Phew, this update surprised me with how demanding it was to create. It's not a large update, but it took a lot of effort to create the renders for it. The changelog is shorter than usual, but don't let that fool you. I definitely didn't rest on my laurels for the past month.

If you played version 0.23.0, you should have a fairly good idea what you'll be doing in this one. You've finally brought Callie to the point where she might accept your advances, taking your relationship to a whole new level. It took us exactly two years to get here, but the day has arrived at last.

You'll also be able to hand in some of those panties you've been carrying around for ages, allowing Thaddeus to train your courage up to level 4.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.24.0:
  • Added a new scene with Callie.
  • Expanded Callie's threesome scene.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 4.
  • Transition text will now stay on the screen until you click to advance.
  • Various tweaks and fixes

Changelog 0.23.0:
  • Updated to the latest version of Ren'py. If you run into any issues because of this, please let me know.
  • You may once again visit the Leanan Sídhe for "romance."
  • The writing room at the library is now open for business.
  • Expanded an existing sex scene considerably with several different variations.
  • Slightly expanded remove inhibitions content for a certain character.
  • Hovering over a locked scene in the gallery will now provide a hint for how to unlock it.
  • Added a new musical track.
  • Livened up the intro with some more music.
  • Evelyn will no longer show up at the training grounds if she has left town.

Reactions: Tinman

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Farewell small mountain of Callie's panties. You and the bug that led to you creation shall be missed.

Enjoyed the new update and how Callie's storyline has panned out.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
And thank you for another quality update.

Belle

Oct 28, 2017
www.patreon.com
Version 0.24.1 is now out for everyone, and version 0.25.0 is out for patrons. You can find download links for 0.24.1 here (public), and 0.25.0 here (patrons). You can also find these links at my SubscribeStar.adult page if you don't like Patreon as a platform.

Welcome to the beginning of our dedicated push towards the endgame! Starting this month, the focus is almost exclusively on putting all the necessary pieces in place so that we can move onto the endgame and reach the climax of the story. At that point, we can go back and add more scenes and implement New Game Plus. Don't expect all the relationships or every minor storyline (or even every ability. Perversity, I'm looking at you) to be done by the time we reach the endgame. The idea is to get only the most essential characters where they need to be before we move on, not to flesh them out completely. Not yet, anyway.

Specifically, this month is the first half of the Nell/Samarra/Fairy Queen push. If everything goes according to plan, all three of those girls should be ready for the endgame after next month. Any missing content for them after that can be considered non-essential, though it will be added later.

This update features a rather unusual puzzle. I'm not sure how well it works, so I'd love to hear your feedback on it and what, if anything, I can do to improve it. Remember, if you're not getting anywhere with the puzzle, it's very likely that you don't have all the information you need yet. Go explore for a while. Odds are you'll know when you're ready, even if the game doesn't explicitly tell you.

Enjoy!

Changelog 0.25.0:
  • You may now attempt to interpret the Fairy Queen's visions.
  • Charisma training now goes up to level 6.
  • Added a new scene with Samarra.
  • Added a new sex training scene with the Fairy Queen.
  • Samarra will now tell you her whole story if you are worthy of it.
  • Improved animation, lighting, and pubic hair color in Samarra's first sex scene.
  • It is now possible to search Samarra's tent.
  • Added a new musical track: Samarra's Theme.

Changelog 0.24.1:
  • Fixed a trigger that could cause Callie's new events from this update to happen too early and mess up progression.

Changelog 0.24.0:
  • Added a new scene with Callie.
  • Expanded Callie's threesome scene.
  • Courage training now goes up to level 4.
  • Transition text will now stay on the screen until you click to advance.