[Implemented] Another Cowgirl, Brandy the Moo

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
I would rather see Brandy learn the art of interpretative dance to help with her disability.
also brandy is best moo

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That was udderly terrible. I am not amoosed.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Hey I was trying to stop him before it was too late. Don't blame me.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Alright, I got back to work on Brandy and did a lot of fixin' upin' in the doc. So, hopefully all I have to do now is work on the whole disability back story thing.

K

Krynh

Just have it as some fault in the speech centre in her brain that either the treatment caused or is congenital. The Nanites can't cure it because it would require re-building her brain or something.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Or better yet just give it a passing and vague mention. Like Syri's teleporter accident.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Just have it as some fault in the speech centre in her brain that either the treatment caused or is congenital. The Nanites can't cure it because it would require re-building her brain or something.
Nah, that was his original idea, which was rejected due to the fact that it didn´t fit with the lore.
His second or third, I dunno, was struck down by Fen. But he came with some ideas himself.

Good luck with the backstory Hugs. If you get stuck we´ll be here for you :)
Unfortunately I can´t come up with a good idea atm...

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There was few not bad ideas for backstory and etc. shade but some req. quite substional rebuuld of chara. But he come so far so atm such pesky thing like her backstory should be a challange for him ^^

K

Krynh

Nah, that was his original idea, which was rejected due to the fact that it didn´t fit with the lore.
His second or third, I dunno, was struck down by Fen. But he came with some ideas himself.

Good luck with the backstory Hugs. If you get stuck we´ll be here for you :)
Unfortunately I can´t come up with a good idea atm...
Huh ok then. Thought it was lore consistent myself but I guess handwavium says that the nano machines can fix the brain easily.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Or better yet just give it a passing and vague mention. Like Syri's teleporter accident.

That's probably the best Idea: leave Brandy to tell Steele what caused the disability, but leave out the nit-picky details until her future expansion when I could figure out a way for Brandy to explain it, probably via email or something. Could easily say Steele doesn't want to dig too deep after asking her about her disability.

Huh ok then. Thought it was lore consistent myself but I guess handwavium says that the nano machines can fix the brain easily.

The idea that The Treatment alone caused it is what got shot-down. Apparently the treatment inflicting an actual disability on someone is a no-no. As for her disability not being curable, it'd be easy to say that it couldn't be cured so long as The Treatment is still part of her. Either that or we could give Brandy a case of pharmacophobia or iatrophobia.

Reactions: Krynh

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The Treatment did nothing wrong.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I understand your dislike, trust me, but let's not. This is Hugs' project thread. This thread is meaningful, and derailing it would be exceptionally disrespectful to both the author and the project itself.
Hm... I heard that word before, but have no idea what does it mean...

On the topic: "born mute" is the only legit reason to remain mute without ability to cure without diving into flimsy justification like happened with Paige. If problem is within the speech center of the brain, it would requre very complex and invasive measures to fix it. It is easy to explain initial state: NT medicine is far from top-tier, but you need something serious to justify why we can't help her.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I still think that using an unfortunate reaction between the Treatment and another mod would be the best explanation, since its permanence would be tied to that of Treatment effects. But noobie's idea of saving the nitty-gritty for later does sound like a good solution for now, with an added bonus of making Steele to work up to the level of trust needed.
Hm... I heard that word before, but have no idea what does it mean...
Сударь, не ведите себя совсем уж по-хамски.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
If problem is within the speech center of the brain, it would requre very complex and invasive measures to fix it.

That's another good explanation.

For now, I think I'll fix up her talk scene with the not very detailed, to be explained idea and see how that works out. That way the whole reason behind the disability can be explained in a later expansion; so I don't hurt myself trying to think of explanations right now.

Also, thank you Misty for your comment on the derailing :)

Oh, and does anyone know if the message system on the forums is working yet?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Oh, and does anyone know if the message system on the forums is working yet?
Message system? PMs?
If it´s PMs I´ve received and answered one already since the new forum.

That's another good explanation.

For now, I think I'll fix up her talk scene with the not very detailed, to be explained idea and see how that works out. That way the whole reason behind the disability can be explained in a later expansion; so I don't hurt myself trying to think of explanations right now.
I agree with you and the other people. Putting it in the expansion sounds like a good idea.

Edit: ...Maybe it´s time to change misty´s title from harpy to ninja princess...

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Re-wrote that little bit of the [Disability] scene, hopefully that does it for now and leaves enough room for further explanation.

So, uh, who should I be messaging updates to at this point?

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I am feeling the burning need to commission some art, but I've never commissioned anything before nor do I know of any artists with open commissions.

Help, quick, I need to throw money at artists.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
What's your budget?
What kind of art style do you want? Click Filters in the top left and sort by Faves, with all the options on.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Good point, better save your money for important things like bust variations.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I guess that makes sense, and I'd be honored to have adj draw this particular moo, when/if the time comes.
Shou also has some incredibly cute and sexy moo-moos under her belt. So no matter which staff artist will do Brandy's bust, it will be a win. And if you'd still want more, you'll have plenty of time to find something that would click with you and the perfect vision of your moo.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well not sure if I just mes up but I fell best one pics for cows doing Ches....but that would mean you would need to pay some cash to get one :(

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
I would really like this. I have a slight dislike for NT so anyone else even if someone from NT doesn't like it then they are good in my book. ^.^