Imperial (updated November 16th)

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Understood! Also, a simple question. The question has popped up in my mind ever since I started playing the game, but I've always wondered, are you planning on implementing other jobs that being a watchman? Since the last question before the player starts playing is the question of what job do you have.

Yeah, I plan to include at least one more job in the (distant) future where you play as a man instead of a woman. I haven't planned it out any deeper than deciding on a general storyline and the setting because I'm focusing on the watchman first but ideally it'll serve as an option for people who don't like to play as a woman. The gameplay and story will vary to some degree based on which job you select but that's about all I've decided on so far.

LaserSpecter

Yeah, I plan to include at least one more job in the (distant) future where you play as a man instead of a woman. I haven't planned it out any deeper than deciding on a general storyline and the setting because I'm focusing on the watchman first but ideally it'll serve as an option for people who don't like to play as a woman. The gameplay and story will vary to some degree based on which job you select but that's about all I've decided on so far.

A male option, huh? If that's the case, there would have be more sexable female encounters, right? But, that would indeed be interesting to see. 

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Say. How can you shoot the Brook Man.  He sounds like a half man and he just yoinked my character out of no where. That's really annoying. Doubly say when he has a child murder rep.

LaserSpecter

Say. How can you shoot the Brook Man.  He sounds like a half man and he just yoinked my character out of no where. That's really annoying. Doubly say when he has a child murder rep.

You can't. It's a set event that always happen when you go patrolling on the second day in the game. Same thing for other events, like that one that eventually happens in town.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
That's the only interaction you have with him so far but there's more planned for a future update. I can't say whether you'll be able to shoot him or not but it won't be a constant stream of forced encounters.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Yes! I have had a lot going on at work but I am back at it now that my vacation has started. The next update should be out in the coming days if I can get everything squared away and working properly.

LaserSpecter

Is the new scene that happens in the cabin suppose to activate as early as the second day? I'm not saying anything is wrong about it, but I was just caught off guard by encountering by the scene so quickly. Also, so far no bugs or anything broken to report. This update looks good.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Well there's a random chance of it occurring every time you sleep so it might have just clicked right away. The way I do a lot of these random events and encounters is that the game rolls the dice every time the player performs action X to determine if a random event will happen. If it does, it rolls again to pick which specific event will trigger. Since this is Tue only sleeping event right now, it can trigger on the first night. I didn't think of that when I implemented it but I think you're right, I'll delay it to the second week at least. I'll adjust the chance of an event triggering later down the line as well.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
What new content you currently planning to release in the near future?

Right now I'm still working on the second questline and fleshing out the mirror quest more. There's still several actions in the mirror quest that only have one or two small variant scenes (cleaning, serving dinner, just walking around) and the two routes are extremely varied in length with the escape ending being very short and the obey ending being very repetitive with the lack of variety in scenes. The next update currently has eight new scenes IIRC, two are bad ends, two "regular" sex scenes, and four(?) one-off scenes inside the mirror and in town. I'm trying to mostly focus on the next quest which should have a decent number of scenes but I have no real estimate on when that'll be released so I'm still writing regular scenes and encounters to keep things moving.

LaserSpecter

Right now I'm still working on the second questline and fleshing out the mirror quest more. There's still several actions in the mirror quest that only have one or two small variant scenes (cleaning, serving dinner, just walking around) and the two routes are extremely varied in length with the escape ending being very short and the obey ending being very repetitive with the lack of variety in scenes. The next update currently has eight new scenes IIRC, two are bad ends, two "regular" sex scenes, and four(?) one-off scenes inside the mirror and in town. I'm trying to mostly focus on the next quest which should have a decent number of scenes but I have no real estimate on when that'll be released so I'm still writing regular scenes and encounters to keep things moving.

Awesome, you're updates always excite for the new content. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Will the regular sex scenes be found in mirror or will they be from encounters while patrolling?

One inside, one outside right now. Might have another one that takes place in town depending on how long it takes to edit down what I have already finished.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Yeah I just received a report on the same issue and thankfully it'll be a pretty easy fix as I've seen that one before several times. I'll put out a fix shortly.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Alright, a new version is out for both the online play and the download link, bug is fixed as far as I can tell. Should be free to run into any other cool bugs I've accidentally left in. Thanks for your patience and your report!

LaserSpecter

I haven't had much time to play through everything, but in event that happens on the tenth day, Humble was mentioned. Does this mean that there might be more events that will involve him, whether it be in the background (i.e. casual mentions from the PC and NPCs) or the player personally seeing the Mountain King again? I guess it would be like asking if there's possible content in where the unique characters from the first five days would appear again, because I wouldn't mind seeing the Brooke Man, Humble, and the Cannoneers and interact with them some more.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
I haven't had much time to play through everything, but in event that happens on the tenth day, Humble was mentioned. Does this mean that there might be more events that will involve him, whether it be in the background (i.e. casual mentions from the PC and NPCs) or the player personally seeing the Mountain King again? I guess it would be like asking if there's possible content in where the unique characters from the first five days would appear again, because I wouldn't mind seeing the Brooke Man, Humble, and the Cannoneers and interact with them some more.

Yes, that is the plan. The troll already appears in a second scene, although it isn't obvious at this point because there's nothing to clue you in on it yet.

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
Anyone know how to get the kennel ending? I've tried a few times, but I keep just getting the regular end.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Anyone know how to get the kennel ending? I've tried a few times, but I keep just getting the regular end.

It triggers upon waking up three days after doing the fourth kennel scene (counting the first one that triggers automatically). The problem right now is that it's become too easy to reach max submissiveness without having enough time to trigger the kennel ending. I'm going to adjust the numbers on that in the next version to make it easier as well as adding a way to check and lower the submissiveness stat but if you want to see the ending in your current save, there should be a way. If you're playing locally (downloaded the game), the easiest way would be to open your save in a text editor and manually lower your submissiveness after the fourth kennel scene or just whenever you feel like you're getting too close. I can provide instructions for doing so if needed. If you don't want to do that or if you're playing online, there may still be a way depending on how far along you are and your luck.

The first time you wake up with a submissiveness over 50, a unique scene is triggered (and I see now that part of it is missing so it doesn't really make a lot of sense). In this scene you are given two options, refusing to work or going back to work. Refusal lowers your submissiveness by 5 so pick that option. Here it gets a bit finicky. If you know at this point how many days are left until the kennel becomes available again (every four days), you have to get your submissiveness back up to at least 50 before that day comes. If you get the fourth kennel scene, you can then refuse work the next day to get sent to the dungeon. Stay in the dungeon for another day, then go back to work. This should trigger the kennel ending upon waking up.

As you can see, there are several problems there. The main issue is that the regular ending comes very quickly after reaching the highest tier of submissiveness (50, the ending triggers at 60) so you have to actively manage your responses to minimize the stat gain. There's also no way to actually see the submissiveness value or to lower it (except for like two or three choices) ingame so if you get too far up the scale it can become impossible to get the ending you want.

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
It triggers upon waking up three days after doing the fourth kennel scene (counting the first one that triggers automatically). The problem right now is that it's become too easy to reach max submissiveness without having enough time to trigger the kennel ending. I'm going to adjust the numbers on that in the next version to make it easier as well as adding a way to check and lower the submissiveness stat but if you want to see the ending in your current save, there should be a way. If you're playing locally (downloaded the game), the easiest way would be to open your save in a text editor and manually lower your submissiveness after the fourth kennel scene or just whenever you feel like you're getting too close. I can provide instructions for doing so if needed. If you don't want to do that or if you're playing online, there may still be a way depending on how far along you are and your luck.

The first time you wake up with a submissiveness over 50, a unique scene is triggered (and I see now that part of it is missing so it doesn't really make a lot of sense). In this scene you are given two options, refusing to work or going back to work. Refusal lowers your submissiveness by 5 so pick that option. Here it gets a bit finicky. If you know at this point how many days are left until the kennel becomes available again (every four days), you have to get your submissiveness back up to at least 50 before that day comes. If you get the fourth kennel scene, you can then refuse work the next day to get sent to the dungeon. Stay in the dungeon for another day, then go back to work. This should trigger the kennel ending upon waking up.

As you can see, there are several problems there. The main issue is that the regular ending comes very quickly after reaching the highest tier of submissiveness (50, the ending triggers at 60) so you have to actively manage your responses to minimize the stat gain. There's also no way to actually see the submissiveness value or to lower it (except for like two or three choices) ingame so if you get too far up the scale it can become impossible to get the ending you want.

I've been trying to be as rebelious as possible and trying out various different things, but nothing seems to change anything. Instructions for editing the save would be great. I've been at it for days.

Edit: I think I figured it out. It's this, right? <Mirrorsub type="int">58</Mirrorsub> Going to go test.

Edit 2: At the end of every day I save and then check mirrorsub. If it's over 50 I set it back to 45 and reload the save. I'm now on my 6th visit to the kennel. I'm starting to think this ending is literally impossible to activate.

Edit 3: Finally got it! I had to let it get to 51 for one kennel visit and then drop it back below 50.

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
I've been trying to be as rebelious as possible and trying out various different things, but nothing seems to change anything. Instructions for editing the save would be great. I've been at it for days.

Edit: I think I figured it out. It's this, right? <Mirrorsub type="int">58</Mirrorsub> Going to go test.

Edit 2: At the end of every day I save and then check mirrorsub. If it's over 50 I set it back to 45 and reload the save. I'm now on my 6th visit to the kennel. I'm starting to think this ending is literally impossible to activate.

Edit 3: Finally got it! I had to let it get to 51 for one kennel visit and then drop it back below 50.

That was it, yeah. Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear enough, I was pulling it from memory since I wasn't at my PC. Glad it worked out for you, though. If anyone else has the same issue before I release an update, the ending can also be set to activate upon sleeping the first time by opening your save with any text editor and changing the following attribute to 0: <KennelEnding type="int">1000</KennelEnding>

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Version 0.1.19 released after many delays. Things are busy for me right now so no promises on the next update but development continues whenever I find time for it!

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
Nah, just way down on my priority list. I've had all the shit written since before christmas, just haven't gotten around to doing the final edits and implementation because of work.

Reactions: LaserSpecter

SIRWOLFFE

Sep 1, 2015
I like this alot. I hope it grows. Why ask hair color and not other details? And will we be able to inspect the characters bodies or alter them at some point?

woolite

Dec 4, 2016
I was playing through the mirror quest, trying to escape. After beating the demon, the fight scene just keeps repeating over and over again. Ended up having to restart the game

Sherlocho

Apr 13, 2016
I like this alot. I hope it grows. Why ask hair color and not other details? And will we be able to inspect the characters bodies or alter them at some point?
Initially, the game included more customization for body types (curvy/slim etc etc) but I couldn't think of any interesting ways to leverage that sort of customization without either altering scenes where the character's body parts are mentioned in detail or writing very general descriptions during the scenes. I left the hair color in there for very basic customization but it obviously doesn't have an impact on gameplay. I don't have any plans to include permanent transformation or body modification but I might do it if I can think of something interesting.

I was playing through the mirror quest, trying to escape. After beating the demon, the fight scene just keeps repeating over and over again. Ended up having to restart the game
I've seen a similar issue before and I think it is caused by the underlying Quest engine failing to resolve some scripts. I'll double check the scripts in that scene but if you get stuck again, there are two debug commands that might help. Typing 'Debugteleport' into the command line teleports your character to the cabin while 'Debugmirror' teleports to the bedroom inside the mirror quest. It doesn't clear out any other scripts so it's only useful as an emergency escape if your character gets stuck in a loop.