Ice Palace Thread [SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY]

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
Let's talk about it here since there aren't many answers in the description.

For starters, how does Etheryn's Confidence level change things?

loricd

Apr 8, 2019
This is a time where I don't mind waiting a bit before playing it. Winter City sounds like a huge update in itself, so there are bound to be a bug or two in there at the outset.

My Ryn has waited this long...she can wait just a little bit longer before venturing into Winter City. ;)

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
It's been up for a few hours now and no word so i'm thinking this is a classic example of why you don't post content updates at close of business on a friday.

Well, kinda. The same shit happens for big software releases, trust me. And honestly, we pay to be beta testers.

No, it is even worse in big software. You release, and suddenly hawkethorn is gone. (IDK, mayve I am just frustrated with my new job that does bad releases)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
For starters, how does Etheryn's Confidence level change things?

Basically every single piece of her dialogue in the dungeon is changed by her Confidence level (and some by her libido level :D). Especially her reactions to Kasyyra.

this is a classic example of why you don't post content updates at close of business

Unfortunately we almost always post updates way past my bedtime and I pretty much yeet and sleep on 'em. As soon as Drake wakes up we'll hopefully hotfix any crashes.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
I'm finding myself having to start from scratch. On my phone, which leaves me with a microscopic playscreen I keep mistyping on.

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
Basically every single piece of her dialogue in the dungeon is changed by her Confidence level (and some by her libido level :D). Especially her reactions to Kasyyra.

Oh. I thought it would have been related to different endings.
How many endings are there anyway?

TheHappiestMerchantMan

Oct 5, 2015
So does Kas's sex scenes change based on if you fucked her or got fucked by her during the tutorial/other times? or is it always ride her, dual blow, or get doggy'd.

RedIce2112

Jul 22, 2019
What actually determines if Lumia shows up? I got her to appear on one character but the other she refuses to show up for.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Best girl did an amazing job of keeping herself together through all of that. That was special.

I have a lot of complicated feelings about Alissa - what she experienced, what she did to other people, what she did to herself, what Kas did to her - so I'll just say that she made the Winter City quest a good, emotional story. I don't know if it's going to have a happy ending, but I look forward to the next opportunity for the Champ to help their family out.

So, y'know, great job. :)

On a related note, @Savin quoted the US Army psychologist assigned to the Nuremberg Trials in a different thread to discuss corruption. I feel like I can see a little Ordinary Men in the Winter City content, too.
Is Jael'yn not added to the frosthound yet?
Not yet. Eventually. I'm looking forward to that, too - she needs some TLC.
Are there plans for more to do in the Winter City after the quest is completed?
Seems like, although that may have to wait until the anomalous status of the crown is resolved.
What actually determines if Lumia shows up? I got her to appear on one character but the other she refuses to show up for.
Your relationship with Kasyrra.

If you're on good terms, she gets distracted by thinking about you when she builds her device, it breaks, and it drags in a wraith instead of her dragon generals (although I think one of them makes it through). The wraith is a serious enough threat for Lumia to need to show up to put a stop to it.

If you're not on good terms, the machine is fine and Kas gets her dragon general army, which is apparently not a serious enough threat to warrant Lumia showing up.

I don't know what exactly "good terms" means here, fwiw. Could be sexing Kas at one of your opportunities. Could be doing her date event. Would it be enough to just say "yes" to Kas's dream invasion after the encounter at the wayfort, even though that only involves dream sex, no TFs, and no corruption? Not sure. I don't have enough save file variations (or the emotional fortitude) to test it yet.

But it seems like Kas needs some reason to start seeing the Champ as more than just a soul to harvest/an enjoyable challenge. How much "more" that is...is an open question.

Reactions: Senera2000

RedIce2112

Jul 22, 2019
Doing the halloween event worked. Here I was thinking I somehow screwed myself out of that for a lack of a soul. My character I wanted to go the corrupt path with is also the one I wanted to be a kitsune. I imagine at some point Keros is going to take issue with that

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Good, bad... long as you're not boring, Keros will let you do you.

I imagine he'd really only interfere if you left him with the choice of "kill my champion or go back to the Bad Old Days with that Godswar mess."

Hugsbutts

Jan 8, 2017
Dayum, Jael'yn is fucking smoking hot...
Indeed, i think i need to keep a save before the city so i can see and choose her fate properly. Dont want see her turning to imp or something with even more corruption but i am curious about that route

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ok, that was fun, what does the new gear set for Ryn actually do? Are there plans for more to do in the Winter City after the quest is completed?

Ryn's new set is a dedicated healer's kit. It trades her bow for a magic greatspear and replaces all her combat powers and bird-summoning with healing abilities. She's better at it than Cait now.... just don't expect her to do anything to her enemies.

Within the city, there are currently no plans for anything like shops or new NPCs. People are welcome to write them if they want to, however.

Within the palace, absolutely. Hethia and Elthara are both slated to be added as NPCs, and of course you've got Ryn who hangs out there now in addition to being at the Frost Hound.

Jae'lyn will return soon as well, though there's a little more barrier between her and being implemented (namely a revamp to the way to Wayfort works).

You need to be in Kas's "romance" state -- do a combination of fucking her or saying "Yes" in the dream about her at least 3 times. Basically build up enough rapport with Kas that it distracts her from working on her machine properly.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Is the wayfort going to become the champs castle?

That is what I've been thinking ever since Savin confirmed you won't need to build the Champion's Stronghold/Keep from the ground up. xD

Elthara and Alissa are hard. Took me minute or three on each one that HP damage against those two is more or less worthless haha. Unfortunately when I made it up to the throne room I'd already used Cait's ult against Jael'a, and wasted Fox Posession on Elthara.

Alissa's red damage is brutal but Tugs can hold her off pretty effectively at least for a few turns when ulting so I can bloo damage her into submission... once my Ryn's gained a level or two.

Last edited:

Shadow Dancer

Mar 28, 2020
Ah, ok, any chance you can transcribe the relevant conversation about it? I can't use discord any more (personal reasons) but i know the search function is quite decent.
They didn't say anything about it other than that.

Also talking about a castle for the champ i believe that's going to be Castle Hawkstone.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, the PC's actual lordly castle will be Hawkstone. The Wayfort is more of a settlement you can build up to house corrupted folks. Wayfort does have a throne, though, so it's possible some events might overlap between the two when we get to that late point.

If I wasn't a brainlet and had realized the Wayfort's potential when I designed it, it probably WOULD HAVE been the PC's castle but instead all our design was built around Hawkstone and I don't really want to redo it all.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
To be fair...

Carmen's castle is crumbling a bit. As long as we're able to improve it more then the token events at the vamp castle in the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC, I'll be okay with it.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Wouldn't mind building a base from scratch, but that generally takes a timescale measured in years. Decades really, with the tech and worker base available. Refurbishing a slightly-used ruin or three will have to suffice.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Whew, went through the dungeon with three of my Champion files so far so I've gotten a pretty decent look at the amount of variation that the writers put into this and I'm amazed. I certainly wasn't expecting things to end that way with Alissa, but if I had to guess I'd bet it's to give Ryn a reason to stay with the Champion and not retire from the adventure to rule as regent. And I was wondering if there was going to be some twist to why Alissa did everything she did in the past and whether it would give me a teeny bit of sympathy for her or make me hate her even more. Well, know I know which way that fell. Ew.

I did have some questions, since I've gone back and read all of Ryn's design doc and some of the Palace of Ice one now that I've seen it and won't be spoiling myself (so glad I didn't going in, it would have taken some of the emotional punch away).

- Ryn's original design doc has variations for her becoming regent, needing to be pushed into it etc based on her Confidence. Is this something that's going to be implemented later or did that ship sail? Given the variations already in place I'm guessing the latter but I'm just curious whether there might be more long-term consequences for which 'path' we've set Ryn on in the future.

- The Palace of Ice doc mentions that we can obtain Alissa's spear and she is mentioned as dropping it along with the crown when she flees the city. Is this going to be added later or do we just get her fancy armor and gloves? I've got a Champion who'd love a spear upgrade for thematic reasons.

- Are there any plans for future consequences for other companions if you have a relationship with Kas and take her up on her offer? Wondering if this is the sort of thing that could actually get Cait to storm off in disgust, at some point down the road.

And a couple closing thoughts on Ryn. I loved seeing how a more confident Ryn played those scenes compared to one that you haven't built up (likewise to one you've sluttified, damn girl) and can't wait to see how things develop further. The moment when she told Alissa she wasn't afraid of her any more was great, and I had that bit of awesome art used in the blog post teasing the content pop into my head the instant I saw it. I'm sad we don't get to take that cage off her just yet but I suppose my Champions waiting to whisper sweet nothings in her long elvish ears as they let her use her dick to her heart's content will just have to wait a while longer... Also kinda sad there wasn't any hot victory sex with her afterwards, aside from maybe the panty raid option but I've yet to run the dungeon with the right setup to unlock that one. Or that there wasn't more Bad End with her outside of Jael'yn and the beginning of the Alissa loss scene. Guess I'll just have to wait until another Kas encounter (or the new and 'improved' Alissa) to see if that 'turn you into a slutty succubus' thing happens in a bad end in the future. Seeing Kas do that and then turn her loose on the Champion would be pretty hot. xD

Anyhow, kudos again to everyone on the staff for an amazing job of this huge expansion!

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ryn's original design doc has variations for her becoming regent, needing to be pushed into it etc based on her Confidence. Is this something that's going to be implemented later

Yeah, there'll be more content for Regent / Queen Etheryn as the game develops.

The Palace of Ice doc mentions that we can obtain Alissa's spear and she is mentioned as dropping it along with the crown when she flees the city. Is this going to be added later or do we just get her fancy armor and gloves?

Considering two other bosses in the palace drop two-handed weapons I decided to go with Alissa's gloves instead of her greatspear. Just assume some Level 1 adventurer elf in the crowd caught it and will now go on to do great things. Elthara has her crown for when Ryn's coronated.

Are there any plans for future consequences for other companions if you have a relationship with Kas and take her up on her offer?

Proooobably not, but who knows.

Also kinda sad there wasn't any hot victory sex with her afterwards

I intend to write some but I ran out of time within Winter City itself. Gotta worship your queen on her throne.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'll wish that Level 1 adventurer well then with their shiny new spear, and wait and see what happens with my shiny new sword for the champion who wanted the spear. I'm sensing future fetch quest.
I intend to write some but I ran out of time within Winter City itself. Gotta worship your queen on her throne.
Well, I'll look forward to that whenever it drops, along with all other future Ryn content. xD

Now to start a run with my next Champion who should have the requirement to get Ryn to model those panties and have some sexy fun after...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
can someone post what the new equipment is. idont have backer account so i wont see it for another weeks
also can you sex lumia if she comes?
Guard's Cape: Holy/Blight/Acid/Fire/Frost Resist 5 (Tags are Cloth and Unique)

Captain's Greatsword*: Penetrating 50, Crit 20, Evasion -10, Accuracy -5 (Tags are Two-Handed, Heavy, Bladed, Melee and Unique)

War Scythe: Penetrating 50, Armor Penetration 30, Crit 15, Spellpower 10, Evasion 5, Accuracy -10 (Tags are Two-Handed, Heavy, Bladed, Melee, Unique and Catalyst)

Royal Gloves: Armor Penetration 10, Ward 5 (Tags are Light and Unique)

Royal Leathers: Armor 60, Ward 50, Evasion 20, Sexiness 20, Frost Resist 20 (Tags are Light, Leather, Skimpy and Unique)

* The description says there's a chain to which charms can be attached but they're currently missing. It's bolded for emphasis and according to the dungeon doc, there's a planned collection quest that will result in an improved weapon.

And nope, Lumia's not sexable here. She shows up in one of the quest's possible branches to get her smiting on but she doesn't hang around and basically doesn't even notice the Champion because she's got other things to focus on at the time. But like Nareva the art assets do include a nude shot so some day, one of your Champions may be able to bask in her radiance. There's some interesting things you can learn from the commissioned art that's in the game folders but not yet implemented anywhere. When I just checked the folder to see if there was nude art like Nareva has, I saw something else related to the aftermath of Winter City that I wasn't expecting. So now I'm looking forward to the next expansion of that storyline even more than I already was.... But one thing at a time, that's probably a long while off and there's tons of other stuff coming down the pipe to be excited about first. xD

Last edited:

Viridian

Feb 12, 2020
PNW
So having beaten the Winter castle in my two more corrupted characters this expansion got me fully invested into the story especially that
Scene with you doing back to back Badasses with Kassyra
has made me really want to see more of whats to come in the future. I know its not likely but it would be cool if in the future say you did the romancing Kas route if that caused the thing in the portal to become an over arching antagonist and say you have Kas as an official party member near end game or can side with her.

Though I did have a question. Kiyoko and brint seemed to have ZERO dialogue from the portal on, mostly it was Ryn or Cait making comments and such. I did both Ryn in party and as 4th party member and they seemed to say nothing the entire time.

Like I imagine the one person would comment on Kiyoko

or have Brint reacting to his partner hugging and such Kassyra because up to this point you party hasn't seen you have sex with Kas. Like my one route I was clearly angling brint to be her partner so even got dates unlocked, the Ring ect but zero dialogue, just Cait or Ryn