How's Viv working for people?

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
So I've been try out Viv with some different companions, but just can't make up my mind on who she works best with. What do you guys think?

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
Since my champion is an archer/lust build, she fits in well as a rotation for Cait for magic when I have one of the warriors in. So far I've used her fairly well with Brint/Brienne, but haven't tried her with Arona or Azzy yet.

CuteBruiser

Sep 9, 2022
Blessing + Viv is ridiculous, so grabbing a companion with that is a good choice if your Champ is the DPS.

Alternatively Champ can cast Blessing. In that case, just pick any companion with good weapon attacks.

Brint or Azzy are good since they both have AoE to take advantage of the enchant, and Azzy ult can help you set up all your buffs without dying.

Outrider Ryn is fine as well, but there's some anti-synergy due to Immolation burn reducing frost damage, but then again, if the oppo is burning, Twist the Knife is also active so...

No comment on Arona as I've never used her, but I heard she has bad accuracy?

In general I like Viv's kit a lot. It's very versatile. But she does kind of demand that you play Manual, since the AI might waste enchant on herself.

Reactions: Everblight

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I used Viv for a bit and she is very strong. Immolation is a good dmg ability and the spirit wolf is a summon that is immune to penetrating, crushing and tease dmg. With other words: If the enemy can't deal elemental dmg they can't hurt the spirit wolf. Heat weapon is a bit lackluster as some enemies can't be disarmed.

But elemental fury is stupid good. She gives about 65 fire and frost dmg. The elemental types are okay with fire being weak against demons. But to it put into perspective: Elemental fury gives 130 dmg. The maximum base dmg you can get on a weapon is 50. So it's a big boost. Song of Storms is very good, since it applies your spellpower as weapon dmg on a 1 to 1 ratio. You would need 130 spellpower to match elemental fury. And it stacks with other buffs like charge weapon or song of storms.

All in all with is a very strong support. I'd say her best party combination would either be Champ as tank and main Damage dealer, Royal Garments Ryn for bless and heals. Or Healer Champ with either Arena Brint/Brienne (AoE + Stun) or Spirit Totem Arona (Single Target annihilation).

No comment on Arona as I've never used her, but I heard she has bad accuracy?
Aronas Warhides/Chieftain/Beserker set suck because they have a total accuracy of 9. Her Spirit Totem set has 34 base Accuracy, but I think the axe has -5 accuracy, so 29 in total. Spirit Totem is also the most busted dmg set in the game. It deals very high amounts of Holy dmg, which is currently the best dmg type in the game. Holy shock is a strong ranged power with a recharge of 1 turn. With that she can hit flying enemies. Arona has a high chance of one-shotting all Imp variants with regular attacks. With powers it's pretty much a gurantee. Other demons go down in like 2 or 3 hits instead. The only downside is, that is has no AoE powers.

Last edited:

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'm having trouble recruiting her, in as much as she closes out her recruitment by saying...

Viviane said:
"Perfect. I'll need to take care of some things before I can actually join you, but you know where I'll be now. I'll see you then, handsome!"
And then just never showing up or giving an exact date and time for her to appear, and no matter what I do her house just doesn't proc at all for encounters in the Old Forest. And I'm like, "Where is she? When will she be done with whatever she's doing? Why's it taking so long?"

Makes me wish I could check the code because it's not at all clear.

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
I'm having trouble recruiting her, in as much as she closes out her recruitment by saying...

And then just never showing up or giving an exact date and time for her to appear, and no matter what I do her house just doesn't proc at all for encounters in the Old Forest. And I'm like, "Where is she? When will she be done with whatever she's doing? Why's it taking so long?"

Makes me wish I could check the code because it's not at all clear.
she moves to the wayfort at the point. Left side of the main path up.

Reactions: Kesil

Sezmil

Apr 2, 2020
How do you recurit Viv. I have spoken with her several times but I do not have a conversation link to try and recruit her. Any suggestions?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You need to have completed the Winter City and have at least one Succubus Milk in your inventory to trigger the conversation that leads to her recruitment.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Viv has become one of my favourite companions but no one can beat Brienne. I do like her demon transformation though.

Everblight

Sep 8, 2022
You need to have completed the Winter City and have at least one Succubus Milk in your inventory to trigger the conversation that leads to her recruitment.
Actually you can trigger the quest before winter city as long as you get the Succubus Milk. I don't know about completing her recruitment before though since you need nine additional Succubus Milk. Going to test it this weekend though, will edit in whether it works or not.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Ahh, so you can start it before WC even if the process can't finish until afterwards, didn't know that because none of my Champs have been in that position. Good to know for future reference.

Reactions: Everblight

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You mean aside from the blue skin, horns, wings, tail and the personality change that comes from having one's empathy literally fucked out of them?

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
We are talking about gameplay here, are we not? Also, a girl that forces herself on you in your sleep did not have much empathy.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
We are talking about gameplay here, are we not? Also, a girl that forces herself on you in your sleep did not have much empathy.
It's part of a dream or magical dream I suppose but then it's not as bad as Carmen sneaking in at night and sucking off the champ.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Viv's a good sidekick if you want to try for big unga bunga damage, but she's also a weird semi-support with good-ish damage, damage support, but no defensive support. She could compliment Tui well, but other than that she mainly works if the player has a defensive/support-leaning loadout.

Also the wolf summon is just weak.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I will say after more play that I like her as a magical damage dealer sidekick but I'm not sure how much new stuff she has in terms of interacting with enemies or having comments on quests or interactions. Her sex scenes seem pretty much the same apart from the addition of a magicock scene which doesn't appeal to me as someone who prefers to play Mdom. I don't know if the idea was just to put her out in current form and add layers to the cake later or just to put her out even in a diminished form to replace Berwyn but either way I'm mixed on her.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
So I've been try out Viv with some different companions, but just can't make up my mind on who she works best with. What do you guys think?
My Champ's got two dongs and she ain't letting me use them.

Reactions: Akhter13

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Definitely surprising she has no scenes of taking cock in her ass, given how many characters do. I think there's a moment of your fingering her backdoor when bending her over, but that could just be her demon variant.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I will say after more play that I like her as a magical damage dealer sidekick but I'm not sure how much new stuff she has in terms of interacting with enemies or having comments on quests or interactions.
The fact that you can't recruit her until after Winter City means that she doesn't need interactions for any Act One content, but she has it for Act Two. For some examples, the Winter Wolf and High Ground quests were both future-proofed for her and she has a bunch of content with Serena and the moodents in Khor'minos.
or just to put her out even in a diminished form to replace Berwyn but either way I'm mixed on her.
Viv was in the works before Hugs left in a spectacularly final fashion; Balak first mentioned his plans (on his Patreon) months prior to that happening. She is in no way a 'replacement' for him and was going to be a mage-type companion regardless..

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I will say after more play that I like her as a magical damage dealer sidekick but I'm not sure how much new stuff she has in terms of interacting with enemies or having comments on quests or interactions.
She has stuff for the Winter Ball, Serena's lyceum visit, GweyrQuest, The High Ground, and other relevant post-WC content.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
The fact that you can't recruit her until after Winter City means that she doesn't need interactions for any Act One content, but she has it for Act Two.
I mean I didn't expect stuff for early main quests. Was mostly curious about side quests.
Viv was in the works before Hugs left in a spectacularly final fashion; Balak first mentioned his plans (on his Patreon) months prior to that happening. She is in no way a 'replacement' for him and was going to be a mage-type companion regardless..
Ah. Well, I didn't know because I'm not subscribed to most writers' Patreons. Just Savin's.
She has stuff for the Winter Ball, Serena's lyceum visit, GweyrQuest, The High Ground, and other relevant post-WC content.
Oh darn, I've already done Winter Wolf & High Ground, and most stuff in the Rim and Valley. I didn't think there'd be anything for her with those.

I admit, I don't really do stuff with Serena. It's not that she's bad, but I've lost a lot of interest in Khor'Minos content. Strange to say but the most recent addition hasn't really interested me and I've done most of the existing content to death. Until the completion of Brint/Brienne's home quest, the expansion of the city to include the Colliseum and Atlante and some more explanation for what's going on with Calise who may or may not be just Kasyrra in disguise, there's just no incentive for me to go back there.

AceofSpades

Apr 15, 2016
If you're looking at newer stuff, I know in the new abandoned mine mini-dungeon (from Nina's quest iirc) she actually has a pretty cool scene where she destroys a golem and bypasses the fight for the party.

Kass

May 21, 2022
Viv not being a replacement for Berwyn has been said numerous times in the Berwyn discussion thread because that notion (of her being a replacement) was brought up many, many times by the people who liked Berwyn.

On Viviane, I ended up doing two saves of her because I was undecided as to which variant of her I wanted. Aesthetically, I'm a big sucker for the demon variant (hence the username tbh) but wasn't sure what kind of gameplay ramifications it would have down the line. Also her opinions of your companions becomes quite callous, as you'd expect - personally I didn't like that.

On a tangential note, at least on my version (public) and my save, having sex with Viviane does not seem to increase your corruption, in contrast with the other demon characters in the game - I'm wondering if that's an oversight, a bug, or something intended (personally am thinking it's the first option).

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Can not speak for combat, but as character I am glad that her Demon form exists since pure Viv is played out trope played completly straight with nothing to to distinguish her from other companions besides some femdom elements. Which are quite nice.

Her demon form folds much better under scruttony since she does play up a lot of Viv established characteristics (her on the nose matter of speaking and obsession with potions) while putting a more callous spin on them. Still, as she is now, it does feel to much like a pallet swap then anything substantial. Overall, better then Azy.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
If you really liked Viv and had to take corruption gain every time you sexed her, and considering she's a companion which would mean lots of sex, it'd get kinda annoying for people running pure characters no?

Reactions: Emerald