How do I download the game?

HellHound

Nov 24, 2015
Okay so i'm going to sound like a newb saying this but oh well, here I go. 

Okay so, I've been playinc CoC for about three years now, love the game - and i decided i wanted to tyry out some mods. Which meant I'd have to stray from my thus far browser-based playing and actually download the game. 

Should be easy, right?

WRONG.

I right-click on the the shiny new download link, click 'save link as...', save it to my computer. Can't play it. Figure, ohkay, maybe i need to download shockwave flash, which i don't have/ Download it. Install it. Still won't work. Can't get the damn shockwave player to show up on my computer properly anyway, it keeps saying it puts itself in the adobe player in my system 32, but when I look, there's no adobe folder there.

I get my super computer savvy older sister to look at it. Still nothing,

Anyone want to tell me how I download this game...? Is there some simple solution that I'm missing...?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
What file format are you downloading CoC as? If it's not .swf, replace whatever it's trying to save as with .swf at the end, and it *should* work. Least it does for me.

HellHound

Nov 24, 2015
What file format are you downloading CoC as? If it's not .swf, replace whatever it's trying to save as with .swf at the end, and it *should* work. Least it does for me.

It is in .swf, but it still wont work. ^^'

Metalax

Nov 21, 2015
What error messages do you receive when trying to run it?

Couple of things to try.
As you've said you've run the on-line version, you should be able to run the off-line version through your web browser, no need for a separate flash player. If it doesn't automatically try to load into your browser, right-click the file, select 'open with' and select your browser.

Check your download was complete. 0.9.4c from the play tab of the blog should be 8,341,394 bytes.
Dependant on the security settings of your computer it is possible that it is being blocked from running, as a file that has come from another computer, Right click the file, select properties and at the bottom of the infopane you may see a button marked unblock. click it then click apply.

White

Aug 27, 2015
I just use my browser to run SWF files. it's still offline versions but it plays through my browser.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
You're not running your browser in incognito mode are you? There was a recent case of somebody failing to Save Link As, and it turns out incognito botches lots of things.

If the download was truly successful, you should be able to run it in a browser just fine. Make sure you're using Open With (whatever browser). Another option is a stand-alone flash player. Go here and download the latest projector for your os, then use Open With and find the player you downloaded.

LordAemord

Dec 1, 2015
Hi guys I run on a mac... ... ... 

I know I know, not useful for games, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could play the modded game I would be truly grateful.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Hi guys I run on a mac... ... ... 

I know I know, not useful for games, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could play the modded game I would be truly grateful.

I had a mac once, then its logic board melted.

Anyway, It won't be any different, given that it's Flash. 1) Download the thing. 2) "How to run the mod: Download the SWF file through the Download button then drag the SWF file into browser tabs." Opera's trash, so hopefully you have Firefox/Chrome. If dragging doesn't work (though it should), Open With (select your browser).

Additional questions concerning the mod would be best placed in the mod thread, since the people there care about it and are more likely to see your question/know how to answer.

LordAemord

Dec 1, 2015
[I had a mac once, then its logic board melted.

Anyway, It won't be any different, given that it's Flash. 1) Download the thing. 2) "How to run the mod: Download the SWF file through the Download button then drag the SWF file into browser tabs." Opera's trash, so hopefully you have Firefox/Chrome. If dragging doesn't work (though it should), Open With (select your browser).

Additional questions concerning the mod would be best placed in the mod thread, since the people there care about it and are more likely to see your question/know how to answer.

Thanks for the info! It really was pretty simple! 

I guess I have just gotten into the habit of looking around for mac specific techniques of getting my games to work. 

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Happy to help. While the mac os uses different structure, Flash and html games should never be an issue. And I know what you mean about feeling the need to search out alternative methods to run stuff; I spent way too much time screwing around with Wine.

White

Aug 27, 2015
To run it on my browser I just have all SWF files to run through Firefox normally, my address bar is the files location on my PC and not using offline mode or anything of that sort though it does run the SWF file without being connected to the internet. Didn't bother looking for a SWF player once I opened up a SWF file using Firefox. Chrome and IE work as well and never tried Safari. To set this as the method, I right clicked and selected open file with.. and chose the browser of my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys, I have a problem,  I dont know why but my saves are not downloading, and there is nothing here: no errors, no message about errors, nothing. What is it could be? 

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I tried different browsers, but it is not helping

It's been covered extensively in other threads. If you're playing through the browser, it'll save it on your browser's local storage and where that is located is different for each browser. I've usually downloaded the game and I save them to files. There's "save to file" and "load from file" on save/load page. That way you can choose where you save it.

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
It's been covered extensively in other threads. If you're playing through the browser, it'll save it on your browser's local storage and where that is located is different for each browser. I've usually downloaded the game and I save them to files. There's "save to file" and "load from file" on save/load page. That way you can choose where you save it.

I usually using "save to file" and "load from file" and everything was ok, but now i click "load from file" choose the save, loaded it and nothing happens, i tried several saves but still the same 

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
All I can think of is a possibility that the save got corrupted. I'd search the thread for "load from file" issues.

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
All I can think of is a possibility that the save got corrupted. I'd search the thread for "load from file" issues.

But in the past everything was ok. It start happening after google was update. Maybe the reason in this

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
It could be google's update. Try the standalone flash player link that MESeele provided. It's here...https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

You're looking for "Download the Flash Player projector" which would be flashplayer_23_sa.exe

See if that helps any.

I'm using fully updated win 10 pro and have no issues using the flashplayer_23_sa to run coc or tits and loading and saving files.

qwed

Sep 18, 2016
It could be google's update. Try the standalone flash player link that MESeele provided. It's here...https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

You're looking for "Download the Flash Player projector" which would be flashplayer_23_sa.exe

See if that helps any.

I'm using fully updated win 10 pro and have no issues using the flashplayer_23_sa to run coc or tits and loading and saving files.

Thank you very much for help! Now that worked ok.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Aside using browser it may be worth meantion that if your game glitching or in other way not work properly using standalone flash player will be also useful.

Randy_the_rando

Jul 12, 2019
so, trying to run corruption of champions. play n window is simply not loading from what i can tell. "eh, maybe it's my crappy internet" i tell myself. "maybe try downloading it" so download it, get the .swf file (which I've never seen before today) "just drag and drop into a chrome tab to open" oh...kay? do the thing and the only thing i can do is....download a copy of the file i'm trying to run? using the unpacker that came with my laptop does literal jack shit and i have no idea what else to do with it sooo.............halp? plz?
edit: game finally loaded in the tab. still have no clue how to work .swf files

Last edited:

NorthstarChan

Aug 6, 2019
so, trying to run corruption of champions. play n window is simply not loading from what i can tell. "eh, maybe it's my crappy internet" i tell myself. "maybe try downloading it" so download it, get the .swf file (which I've never seen before today) "just drag and drop into a chrome tab to open" oh...kay? do the thing and the only thing i can do is....download a copy of the file i'm trying to run? using the unpacker that came with my laptop does literal jack shit and i have no idea what else to do with it sooo.............halp? plz?
edit: game finally loaded in the tab. still have no clue how to work .swf files

It's doing the exact same thing to me

ti_the_poop

Aug 26, 2020
It's doing the exact same thing to me

I know I am tardy to the party when it comes to this, but here is the solution for the firefox not running swf files, happy gaming you degenerates!

Here is the link that will show you on how to run local swf files from your computer to firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1172126

Disclaimer!: What this dose is it allows you to run swf files from you computer on the browser. If you aren't careful with what swf files you're running on fierfox you could screw up the browser's programing. ( That's assuming that the swf file you already downloaded for some astronomical reason hasn't already screwed up your computer by going to a sketchy site in the first place. That being said, if this dose happens to you, you would have bigger problems to deal with other than a buggy browser.) Although with fenoxo's swf file it should be relatively safe as long as you're downloading if from the fenoxo's blog and not some sketchy third party site, and using you head when downloading other people's mods. Other than that! Have at it! just be smart and don't be a dumb-ass when running shit locally in your browser.