[WIP] Wanderlusts, a lust-based random encounter for Uveto

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I was assuming that this would be sorted out somewhere along these lines, as this is a WIP. But you are right and I did not mean to disagree with you at all, what I meant to say was that the blurb about them being a seeded species would not have to be deleted, since it makes a cool easter egg. Hope I got more clear, sorry but I am tired as always...

It's alright! 

What a pleasant, fuzzy feeling it is when people on the internet agree on something in a constructive manner. :D  

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
It's alright! 

What a pleasant, fuzzy feeling it is when people on the internet agree on something in a constructive manner. :D  

Just be careful not to get used to it...

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, maybe along the lines of "The Auvans have had access to high technology for all of their recorded history, but its actual origins are a mystery. Some have suggested that they were seeded on the planet by another advanced race, others that their civilization was built on the ruins of one far greater, and yet others have insisted that their technology is a gift from the gods, to allow them to conquer the galaxy."

Also yeah, definitely get that redacted out of there. This ain't SCP, we're not here to scare people by hiding information. Either give the name or axe that bit entirely - since you're probably going to make the 'seeding' thing more ambiguous, probably the latter.

Didn't know that was actually a Colenso theory, as I usually just sell junk to him. You make a very good point, and I like your solution. Mind if I basically use the gist of that to fix it?

As for the redacted, I saw a similar thing in the story bible and assumed it was just fine to do that kind of thing. Ah well, easily fixed. :$

ANYWAY, back to the OP and the point of this thread, can anyone tell me if the combat doc looks properly formatted so far? I'd like to know before I sink my teeth too deeply into sex scenes. Thanks for all the help and constructive criticism so far!

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Didn't know that was actually a Colenso theory, as I usually just sell junk to him. You make a very good point, and I like your solution. Mind if I basically use the gist of that to fix it?

As for the redacted, I saw a similar thing in the story bible and assumed it was just fine to do that kind of thing. Ah well, easily fixed. :$

ANYWAY, back to the OP and the point of this thread, can anyone tell me if the combat doc looks properly formatted so far? I'd like to know before I sink my teeth too deeply into sex scenes. Thanks for all the help and constructive criticism so far!

You can absolutely use my suggestions! Just give me a percentage of the royalties :p

Re: combat doc, I'll try to take a look at it later tonight.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
Edited the intelligence section as per Savin's suggestion. Also I agree the name is a bit of a mouthful and somewhat out of place, so 'Greater Immortal Jellies' will just be the literal translation of the Auvan name, though I've yet to think of a good replacement name yet.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Something crude and short would be fitting for a common name. Much like cuntsnakes and cockvines are a thing.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
I have bad news for you....

I don't think that's something that should be in the game. It doesn't fit with the way the Codex is supposed to work and it doesn't fit with the overall writing aesthetic. If something HAS to be hidden, say something like "The doctor, whose identity has been concealed by Xenogen..." or "The colonists of this planet (the name and coordinates of which are classified information)..." 

That little bit of extra effort makes it so much better.

(Also none of this is directed at you, princess. I don't shoot messengers.)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
>Kiha Corp is currently the top AI manufacturer in the galaxy.
>Not a single (canon) Tsundere in the entire game.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
>Kiha Corp is currently the top AI manufacturer in the galaxy.
>Not a single (canon) Tsundere in the entire game.

Um... what?

Who is this addressed toward? Neither tsundere nor AI have been a major focus of this thread.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Um... what?

Who is this addressed toward? Neither tsundere nor AI have been a major focus of this thread.

71365390.jpg

But seriously, literally every thread goes off-topic now and then. If it bugs you, ignore it or ask people to take it elsewhere.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
But seriously, literally every thread goes off-topic now and then. If it bugs you, ignore it or ask people to take it elsewhere.

It doesn't bug me, the post just came way outta left field, is all.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
It doesn't bug me, the post just came way outta left field, is all.

I imagine he got there somehow from the search Mysty posted.

That or he was really high. It can be hard to tell with Nooby. :p

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I clicked Misty's [REDACTED] thingy and the first thing it showed me was KihaCorp with its AI thingy and I was like "oh hey".

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I clicked Misty's [REDACTED] thingy and the first thing it showed me was KihaCorp with its AI thingy and I was like "oh hey".

You even get that spam e-mail about their awesome new tsundere line of companion droids. If nothing will ever come out of that AND we won't get any other tsunderes, I'll be pretty pissed, but admire the masterful trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

Damn, Jill's bust looks much nicer up close than I ever imagined. Curse you, tiny screens!

Anyway.

candidate-1014137-2014-04-08-15-22-24.jpeg

Even though it makes zero sense and is entirely cost-ineffective, I really like how GIJs use exclusively lust attacks, and how they generally defy the typical hentai standards of vile ovipositing rape-beasts that their weird appearance hints at. Hopefully, whatever options you have planned for their actual scenes, OP, willful submission on consecutive encounters will be one of them.

Last edited:

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
Hopefully, whatever options you have planned for their actual scenes, OP, willful submission on consecutive encounters will be one of them.

This is planned and already has a route set up in the combat doc.

So! Last night I brainstormed some new, shortened names for the GIJs. Drum-roll please...

man o' lust

wanderlust

lustrap

I'm personally leaning towards wanderlust, but I thought I'd invite comment before I make a final decision.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I have to say I'm liking lust trap the most, everything else has too many syllables to really be the subject of swears after the fact or be shouted over comms when it gets spotted.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Poor jellies. Do they not feel lust as well? The tentacle monster from CoC certainly did and there were even some blurbs acknowledging it. I think I'd feel more empathy towards them if I knew they were feeling good as well. It'd definitely be a sign of their intelligence and bridge the gap a little more.

Only mentioning this because I noticed there was no lust win.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Damn, Jill's bust looks much nicer up close than I ever imagined. Curse you, tiny screens!

Really? I thought it started looking worse >.<

Obviously I'm not saying you should change what you're making to suit me and/or any other anal neurotics no on the forum, I'm just saying I personally would be infinitely more interested.

Why |\/| I didn't know you liked anal play!

This is planned and already has a route set up in the combat doc.

So! Last night I brainstormed some new, shortened names for the GIJs. Drum-roll please...

man o' lust

wanderlust

lustrap

I'm personally leaning towards wanderlust, but I thought I'd invite comment before I make a final decision.

I'm quite in line with your own thinking, "wanderlust" ftw. or see below.

Poor jellies. Do they not feel lust as well? The tentacle monster from CoC certainly did and there were even some blurbs acknowledging it. I think I'd feel more empathy towards them if I knew they were feeling good as well. It'd definitely be a sign of their intelligence and bridge the gap a little more.

I think that maybe the answer has been staring us in the face this whole time. We gave them a nickname while trying to figure out a nickname. I also agree with the lust win option, moreso because it opens another argument for sentience. I wouldn't mind them being harder to defeat lust-wise than most of the things I've met. On my main, I seriously cannot find anything that can beat me if I go lust.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Really? I thought it started looking worse >.<

Why |\/| I didn't know you liked anal play!

I'm quite in line with your own thinking, "wanderlust" ftw. or see below.

I think that maybe the answer has been staring us in the face this whole time. We gave them a nickname while trying to figure out a nickname. I also agree with the lust win option, moreso because it opens another argument for sentience. I wouldn't mind them being harder to defeat lust-wise than most of the things I've met. On my main, I seriously cannot find anything that can beat me if I go lust.

I like wanderlust. Jelly is a little too simplistic and might cause confusion with the other jellyfish race mentioned above.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016

I also agree with the lust win option, moreso because it opens another argument for sentience. I wouldn't mind them being harder to defeat lust-wise than most of the things I've met. On my main, I seriously cannot find anything that can beat me if I go lust.

Hmm... IF I open the option for victory by lust, I'd want the Jellies to have immunity to tease and VERY high resistance to the other options. Part of the idea of this species is that they have adapted to be extremely resistant to lust-inducing agents, so that they are immune to their own arsenal. That's why their item drop grants temporary lust immunity. Mind you, I'm not discounting the possibility.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Hmm... IF I open the option for victory by lust, I'd want the Jellies to have immunity to tease and VERY high resistance to the other options. Part of the idea of this species is that they have adapted to be extremely resistant to lust-inducing agents, so that they are immune to their own arsenal. That's why their item drop grants temporary lust immunity. Mind you, I'm not discounting the possibility.

I think that tease immunity is a bit much. If they have lust as a biological function (aka they procreate) and they consider whatever chimeric abomination that Steele Jr. is, at the moment, a potential breeding mate, consensual or not, then a sexual teasing from Steele would have some affect upon them, though potentially QUITE diminished it would be there. I'd say if you simply made them 90% resistent to ALL lust attacks that would do the trick. Maybe the percentage should be tweaked but it's a good starting point.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

I understand you're not wanting to abridge the lore of your species to make them easier to fight; that's fine. The thing is, basically every other lust-damage option (except the Goovolver) is considerably weaker than a powered-up tease. However, that's an easy fix - the wanderlusts (I'm rolling with that name for now) have never encountered something like the gray goo before, so they have no reason to have evolved defense against it. You could allow the Goovolver and Goozooka to do full damage for that reason.

Also, the bio-whip (or whatever it is, I've never used it before) acts by directly stimulating the sexual pleasure center of the brain (I think. Smutosaur is acting up for me so I can't check atm), so maybe there's an opening there too.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
I think that tease immunity is a bit much. If they have lust as a biological function (aka they procreate) and they consider whatever chimeric abomination that Steele Jr. is, at the moment, a potential breeding mate, consensual or not, then a sexual teasing from Steele would have some affect upon them, though potentially QUITE diminished it would be there. I'd say if you simply made them 90% resistent to ALL lust attacks that would do the trick. Maybe the percentage should be tweaked but it's a good starting point.

Eh, Fair enough. I suppose there will be plenty of time to balance these guys later.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
I understand you're not wanting to abridge the lore of your species to make them easier to fight; that's fine. The thing is, basically every other lust-damage option (except the Goovolver) is considerably weaker than a powered-up tease. However, that's an easy fix - the wanderlusts (I'm rolling with that name for now) have never encountered something like the gray goo before, so they have no reason to have evolved defense against it. You could allow the Goovolver and Goozooka to do full damage for that reason.

Also, the bio-whip (or whatever it is, I've never used it before) acts by directly stimulating the sexual pleasure center of the brain (I think. Smutosaur is acting up for me so I can't check atm), so maybe there's an opening there too.

I agree that the goo weapons can do full lust damage. They and the slut ray should be decent options. As for the bio-whip, smutosaur doesn't say anything about direct-to-brain connection, just that it administers drugs on contact.

At this point, I think I've decided that Wanderlust is the best name. I'll be changing the documents shortly to reflect this.

[Edit] Conversion finished, the codex and combat docs now reflect the new name!

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh hey you got a forum pic now. Looking forward to Wanderlusts.