How about Einen?

How about Einen?

• Total voters

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Most she's gonna be able to be now is a NPC, its unfortunate but time do be a fuckin bitch.

Trace101

Mar 17, 2019
Cabin in the woods.
I'm genuinely curious, what part of the word 'deadline' was confusing?
Weeell, in my experience, you can never count out the possibility that new events will open up or that creators may want to re-explore older ideas. Mmm, they might need a character like Einen to further extend a new plot, even. There's a lot that might happen that could introduce Einen.

Developers aren't completely rigid in their ideology. ::shrugs::

Edit: I suppose its also never a bad thing to let people have some joy in the prospect of a thing happening, of course. :]

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I'm genuinely curious, what part of the word 'deadline' was confusing?

The whole thing. But I'm illiterate so....

Besides who could blame them for hoping. After all:

maus hands.jpg

Weeell, in my experience, you can never count out the possibility that new events will open up or that creators may want to re-explore older ideas. Mmm, they might need a character like Einen to further extend a new plot, even. There's a lot that might happen that could introduce Einen.

Ordinarily you might have a point. But Savin himself seems pretty rigid and fond of the word "no", and two devs have just confirmed the hard no. So it's a pretty safe bet that companion Einin ain't happening. In fact, no other companions, besides a bird person and an eccentric witch who's robes have a negative neck line, are happening. If you want I can show you a great graveyard to bury your hopes and dreams in. I used it myself.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
To be fair, as it's been said before a deadline is for a reason. Also I think we already pretty good companions anyway.. Viv and futa pheonix too.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I dont think the phoenix is futa, but can become futa. Though I havent seen her design stuff.

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

Edit: I suppose its also never a bad thing to let people have some joy in the prospect of a thing happening, of course. :]
It's also never a bad thing to accept that projects might be able to change in scope. She'll never be a companion, but she's not banned forever. If einin was needed to further the plot, she would be an npc or a guest if needed in combat, but not a companion.

AKnottyMoose

Oct 7, 2021
It's completely fair that she doesn't get to be a companion. If her writer wasn't able to commit to getting her to a minimum state before the deadline, they probably wouldn't be able to commit the desired amount of time and effort into writing additional content for her in whatever new patches would require it. There's already issues with certain companions having minimal content and alternate routes being abandoned/forgotten. No need to add to it.

Obviously sucks for mousebros, but it is what it is. Be as discheesed as you like.

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
It would be great if she could still have interactions during the main or side missions, like the minions do with Daud in the Brigmore Witches DLC, where you pay a sum of money before each mission for information or extra perks before each. mission.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah. Companions like Quin and Tugs barely have content, Ryn and Arona are struggling to support their own differentiating paths, Azy is new but she seems to be just thrown together on the spot without much thought. And Kiyoko feels to removed from the rest of the game to feel like she is one.
Only Cait, Brienne and Brint feel up to date. And Berwyn is only one that seems to have big expansion planned but before that he was lagging behind like Quin and Tugs.
So that is, what, at least 1/3 of them at least?
Correct me If I am wrong but I feel some other NPC characters have more to them it feels like it.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Yeah. Companions like Quin and Tugs barely have content, Ryn and Arona are struggling to support their own differentiating paths, Azy is new but she seems to be just thrown together on the spot without much thought. And Kiyoko feels to removed from the rest of the game to feel like she is one.
Only Cait, Brienne and Brint feel up to date. And Berwyn is only one that seems to have big expansion planned but before that he was lagging behind like Quin and Tugs.
So that is, what, at least 1/3 of them at least?
Correct me If I am wrong but I feel some other NPC characters have more to them it feels like it.
Depends on the writer.. some obviously write more or may be more dictated (is that the right word?) To their companions.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Basically the way I see it the ones that get content are Savins, Wsans and Tobs. But Savin does hand a lot of the work to the rest of the writers (Aly claps Ryn cheeks in the distance and everyone else Caits), and Wsan and Tobs are mad men.
Rest were thrown together it seems like it. Which, to be fair, are only 4 in total.
Now I do not know if there is deadline to how fast you should give your companions content (by your in this context I mean writers) but I feel like, since they are one of the main selling points, they should at least be more consistantly updated.

Reactions: Mouse534

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Kiyoko feeling dissconnect does make sense due to the whole Bias the marches have against foxen, soul suckin vampires and all that. Less not wanting to interact more, people only put up with her because shes with the champ, kinda like how the den is with you. Also yeah, Tobs and Wsan are madmen but I respect there drives,

But yeah the Einen stuff not making companion does fall on William, this thread was made last year yet she didnt manage to fall within the realm of acceptable to launch.

Solitary Traveler

May 14, 2021
under a rock
I think if a writer is making a companion for CoCII (a significant undertaking), then CoCII ought to be their main gig. As far as I've been able to tell, that's never been the case with William; he's always had much more of a presence in TiTS and lately he's been doing a lot of work on it. All that kinda put the writing on the wall for Einen. Shame, really.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well thats probably because writing for TiTs is a lot easier then wiriting a companion for CoC2, due to how the world handles the PC.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I think if a writer is making a companion for CoCII (a significant undertaking), then CoCII ought to be their main gig. As far as I've been able to tell, that's never been the case with William; he's always had much more of a presence in TiTS and lately he's been doing a lot of work on it. All that kinda put the writing on the wall for Einen. Shame, really.
Savin is the the Main writer for TiTS and he's writing three Companions for CoC2. not to mention B who's juggling several projects while writing for Berwyn and Agni. So no it's not impossible at all to imagine will might write a companion even though he ultimately didn't.

Solitary Traveler

May 14, 2021
under a rock
Savin is an exception here - he does substantial work on TiTS too; he's obviously a madman with no life or free-time (/s). B is also extremely diligent as anyone who follows his author thread here knows.

In any case, I neither said nor implied that it's impossible to split one's time among multiple projects (As Savin and B have proven capable). Only that Will had his hands full with other work with TiTS and that TiTS appeared to be his primary focus. This is of course mere speculation on my part and by no means am I trying to impugn Will's work ethic or ability to choose what he spends his time working on. Everything has an opportunity cost, however.

Will writes some of the best smut I've ever had the pleasure of reading so of course I'm disappointed his companion won't be in the game. The Raskvel mating press scene still stands out in my mind as smut perfection. I very much look forward to his future TiTS content and hope Einen will be in CoCII in some capacity.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Savin is the the Main writer for TiTS and he's writing three Companions for CoC2. not to mention B who's juggling several projects while writing for Berwyn and Agni. So no it's not impossible at all to imagine will might write a companion even though he ultimately didn't.
I'm stupid and severely regret my choices.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
As far as I'm concerned, a thread isn't dead until the admins lock it to further replies.
You will likely get smacked with a warning if you go any further with the thread dates then. Because not every thread in this forum is locked but that doesn't mean you can just go all the way back to 2016 or whatever the coc2 forums started and reply to it. That's not how forum etiquete works at all.

Nov 9, 2021
My apologies. I'm not familiar with forum etiquette. I wasn't sure where else to ask about this apparently cancelled character. As I said in my first post on this thread, I only learned about Einen fairly recently. If it's a sensitive topic then I'll drop it.