How about Einen?

How about Einen?

• Total voters

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I should point out the fallacy of becoming emotionally invested in a character who has no proof of being written, no official acceptance and (most importantly) consider the commitment of followers in CoC2 - this could end up as another Berwyn situation where Savin will need to find a replacement writer after already commiting to Einin's role as a follower in the game.
Einin is in fact being written afair and has been approved to be for a while.
Idk why you think Will is in any way like Hugs by implying he'd just fuck off without a trace. Has he ever shown signs of that, because this is a very sudden cynical outlook on the writer. Don't be a dick.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I know I read your comment before. I was just asking about Einen and used Kohaku as an example

Kohaku is eternal.

Between his TiTS work and implied personal issues arising judging from one of his latest posts on his titular wall, William probably has his hands full and it'll be a while before Einen is added. A companion needs more work than any other character and we're getting into act 2, so even the bare minimum would be time consuming. Unless Einen was only invented to get more mouse girl art. In which case, task accomplished.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Einin is in fact being written afair and has been approved to be for a while.
Idk why you think Will is in any way like Hugs by implying he'd just fuck off without a trace. Has he ever shown signs of that, because this is a very sudden cynical outlook on the writer. Don't be a dick.
As before, I again prefece with how completely uninvested I am in this - short of pre-recruit Einen becoming a pain in the arse, I couldn't care in the slightest if this project succeeds or fails. (We already have two super annoying rogue-ish feminine muggers already, one of which I have a significant grudge against.)

Considering William's history with Einin, I absolutely draw a connection with an extremely unfortunate set by Tacit: Beatrice. This is the root of my cynicism. Interpret it as you will. While it is admitidly unfair to compare William to HugsAlright, I consider this to be a valid possibility for escalation of the current situation, and worth mentioning on this basis.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
As before, I again prefece with how completely uninvested I am in this - short of pre-recruit Einen becoming a pain in the arse, I couldn't care in the slightest if this project succeeds or fails. (We already have two super annoying rogue-ish feminine muggers already, one of which I have a significant grudge against.)

Considering William's history with Einin, I absolutely draw a connection with an extremely unfortunate set by Tacit: Beatrice. This is the root of my cynicism. Interpret it as you will. While it is admitidly unfair to compare William to HugsAlright, I consider this to be a valid possibility for escalation of the current situation, and worth mentioning on this basis.
William isn't Tacit. Tacit already had/has some grievances of not getting far with Bea & Co. Don't try to compare two writers that aren't the same when it comes to content going out, so leave him out of it.
Also you being uninvested in something doesn't mean you have to doom-monger to everyone else.

Last edited:

Magnin

Jul 17, 2020
Looking forward to her. Corruption is always good.
Hopefully Cait involvement is minimal.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Is Einen still being added to the game and becoming a companion?
Been encountering hearsay regarding various different characters becoming party members instead.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Agnimitra has been submitted as a companion by B and is awaiting coding, Viviane(!!) has been submitted as a companion by Balak and is awaiting review. Neither is in place of Einin, who would be William's companion. However, I don't want to speak out of place but it seems like William might be running out of time.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Fingers crossed because everything we've heard about Einin sounds like she'd be really interesting, and William's last Patreon updates mentioned trying to finish up his backlog (her writing included) by the end of October. Guess it's really coming down to the last minute but we'll see.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Guys, last night's patch was the opening of Main Street. The Companion Deadline.
it's over.

He's said on discord he might make her an NPC, but the companion deadline is past.
Awww that's a shame but atleast we might still see her in-game. Hopefully Will doesn't feel too bad that she wasn't ready in time.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Alas, but it is what it is. If we're lucky we'll at least get to see her in some form.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Well shit. NPC MAUS is the next best thing, even if that'd probably be a while to retool some of her stuff. Why must great companion news be followed by sad companion news? Pour one out for the rodent lady my dudes.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Rest in cheese.