How about Einen?

How about Einen?

• Total voters

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
but I feel that companion status is a tad overrated
COnsidering this is something CoC2 has over TiTs and makes it a much more interesting expeirence, I say this as a huge fucking Kitsune simp thanks to Kiyoko. Cause while TiTs is a absolute power fantasy, CoC2 trys to avoid making you feel like you cannot be defeated by anything, and you can get to know the companions who help you better. That and a more connected feeling world with them there, your not making a fucking clowncar of a ship of interactions, your ruining Garths poor fucking bar with your horde of (twelve?) companions whom have all there own stories.

If I had to bet if he makes her a NPC it'll be post fixed up wayfort, symbiology or something, how he just missed the deadline. But it makes sense due to writing for both.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Honestly, I don't care about missing her as a character in terms of being a companion, but I do care about missing her because she's a thief archetype and the only other character with thief perks is Etheryn, who I would say does not fit the thief bill very well. We have plenty of warriors, whether tanky or damage dealing, and several mages, who can bring either healing or firepower, and even charmers, whether they start out as those or get sets to swap into, but we don't have any (real) thieves. So, the fact that the one possible thief companion (or second, if you consider Shar, who had access to the Fading Strike power for that one side-quest) failed to get in because of deadlines is just disappointing. I understand why having a deadline is desirable, we're already several years into the game and there has to be a cutoff at some point, but there's an entire class going completely unrepresented in the companion lineup because of this.

AceofSpades

Apr 15, 2016
Maybe it's the copium speaking, but I feel that companion status is a tad overrated. The only benefit I see that comes with an NPC being a companion is having them occasionally interject on a conversation and being able to bed them on the go which I feel isn't much. So if William could recycle what he has and turn Einin into a regular NPC or camp follower, then I'd be just as happy. I really hope William doesn't abandon her because of missing the companion window.
It would be kind of neat if we could have her around to pay her to find us specific items that might be tough to get otherwise. Like winterstem or specific transformatives that don't have a shop dedicated to them yet.
Honestly, I don't care about missing her as a character in terms of being a companion, but I do care about missing her because she's a thief archetype and the only other character with thief perks is Etheryn, who I would say does not fit the thief bill very well.
Maybe Will would be willing to share the idea for her combat build with another companion? I could see a thief build working for Quin, or maybe even Atugia.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
It would be kind of neat if we could have her around to pay her to find us specific items that might be tough to get otherwise. Like winterstem or specific transformatives that don't have a shop dedicated to them yet.

Maybe Will would be willing to share the idea for her combat build with another companion? I could see a thief build working for Quin, or maybe even Atugia.
Quin needs an absolute update for himself anyway. he is the most neglected companion of the game. Everyone got an upgrade since that. or will get. (Ber)
Im not saying he should become as she also. but someone definetly need to start something with him.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Shar isn't abandoned and Savin has mentioned more content is planned for her, but at one point long ago she was planned to be a companion. Then Savin realized that he already had three companions to juggle and that was insane enough.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Does it actually apply to Savin? Seeing as CoC2 is his game or he's in charge.
The rule doesn't apply, but he is very subject to the limitation of "there's only so much time in the day".

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
The rule doesn't apply, but he is very subject to the limitation of "there's only so much time in the day".
Just imagine how much more we could get done if we lived on Venus, which has a rotation period of 243 Earth days. Pity no solar planet hates our guts like Venus, who wants us to die in AT LEAST three different ways off the top of my head.

Reactions: Tenalc13

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
Just imagine how much more we could get done if we lived on Venus, which has a rotation period of 243 Earth days. Pity no solar planet hates our guts like Venus, who wants us to die in AT LEAST three different ways off the top of my head.
Stop triggering the wolfeinstein memories of mine...

Reactions: JBento

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Eh sometimes you accidently do a "rules for thee not more me" the companions you did give us are usually peoples favs so you did good.

Reactions: Burnerbro

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
Guys, last night's patch was the opening of Main Street. The Companion Deadline.
it's over.

He's said on discord he might make her an NPC, but the companion deadline is past.
WHAT!? That's bullshit! If players want to see her as a companion, they should get that! Who doesn't want to see a Thief companion?! That's like with Eryka, Hinata, and Shar! And I hate that kind of shit!

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Because Savin (who, y'know, has final say on everything) established a deadline for when companions had to be submitted and William missed the deadline, it's as simple as that. It's to the benefit of everyone writing for the game to have certain things set in stone that they can account for and since companions are one of the things that affect almost everything, it would be unfair to have to hold up progress on major content in order to wait for one more character to be written.

By way of example, the Abyssal Depths has checks for every major scene based on who's in your party and there's extensive dialogue for every potential character. Going back and adding extra characters to that means tweaking the code, making sure nothing breaks and then releasing it and letting the players have a crack to see if there's anything the devs missed. And doing that for every single scene a companion could be present in. While it's doable, it's much less of a burden on everybody if there's a cutoff point so only so many existing scenes need to be modified and everything else can be added all at once.

Plus, having a companion finalized and their doc available (to the staff at least if not the general public) means everyone knows what to expect and they can plan around the character and how they'll interact with whatever everyone else is doing. Again, not the kind of thing you want to have to wait on indefinitely.
That's like with Eryka, Hinata, and Shar!
Eryka and Hinata were never companion material and Savin already has more than enough on his plate.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
And it would become harder and harder to justify when and where the PC in the story could have met them the longer the story goes.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Sorry I keep forgetting but is Hinata the dude Kitsune we can meet before defeating the Alrune?