How about Einen?

How about Einen?

• Total voters

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

I think I heard about that before. A quick google shows that it is a book series, would you recommend them?
They do sound a bit on the cynical site though, not sure if that would appeal to me.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
They're pretty damned influential on most fantasy for the last fifty years, so they might be worth at least a skim. The stories are more cynical in part because they were deconstructing a lot of earlier works and there was a conscious effort to make its protagonists more realistic characters.

Reactions: Shizenhakai

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Oh hey a mouse girl, she looks cool.

Invariably brings my mind back to Amily from the first game being a sneaky mousey rogue, being able to bring friends and allies back to live at your camp was one of my favorite parts of the game and I'm glad its expanded in the sequel.

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Probably spelling it wrong (I've never read the source material and everything I know about the characters and lore comes from old 1 and 2E D&D books I haven't looked at in years), but Lankhmar as a setting in general definitely seems interesting. Einen gets points in my book for being at least cosmetically reminiscent (whether or not it's intentional)

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
More companions are always welcome in my opinion. Though I'm probably familiar with William's work I don't usually check who wrote what scenes though it's always appreciated I just forget to look at the credit and I just read on. Happy to see the thief role is getting some use I saw Garth with a whole slew of training for agile fighters available and was figuring at some point a rogue-ish role would need attention.

Also since seeing that little mouse mechanic in TiTs I've wanted to see a maus lady! Also the brief overview of her personality is nice as well I don't know if William's explanation is alluding to some companion customization but that's always a big plus. (I'm a simple person who usually likes adding a little more tits and ass if possible and maybe some milk. nothing tooo crazy lol and not forcing it either really)

So good luck and looking forward to things when they arrive.

Reactions: Caprice Dhusara

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
William's stuff is great and I can't wait for a Maus in the Haus. But I worry because Savin said the watermelon Bork got the last Frost hound room.
I think Maus could just be hanging out outside the Bar. The whole rest of Hawkthorne's map squares are there people. Companions don't have to be stuck in the Hound I'm pretty sure. :U

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Well she's a companion and companions fall under their own tab, so no reason why she can't be on the slate.
They do not have their own tab. They use the [Guests] tab like all other Frosthound NPCs besides Garth and Garrett. The [Guests] tab is potentially full depending on your game state.

Kamidel

Sep 18, 2020
Just realized we don't have Kiyoko in the Frost Hound rather all her interactions happen at Floof Haus or in camp. Also we have Ryn and Arona as proof of alternative homes.

Perhaps at some point we can purify the wayfort (I know repairing it has been mentioned before) and have our companions move there. That would give us all the room we'd need.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Nah, the entire point of the Wayfort is to be the place where you can stick the more corrupted characters where they aren't going to scare the living daylights out of the people of Hawkethorne. There are plans to allow the Champion to eventually move into the castle and use that as a new base of operations but the window of opportunity to use the Wayfort for that purpose has closed. Savin talks about both things here.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Any advancing plans for when Einen will actually be included in the game?
The fact there was a sneaking mission recently added to the game's content seems something custom-fitted to a rogue companion.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
@Malidica
Off topic but wtf is that thing in your profile pic? Looks like some weird man turtle monstrosity.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
A rogue companion this is great I was hoping to see more of Einen when I heard about her.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
M O U S E

E M B R A C E M O U S E
L O V E M O U S E
W H I S P E R S W E E T N O T H I N G S I N T O E A R O F M O U S E
T E L L M O U S E T H A T H E R N E C K L A C E L O O K S N I C E

M O U S E

Edit: Apparently more than one space is a no no. Good to know know.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Who needs a tealrthief companion when you are the thief? Heh.

But much as I like her art, not a fan of the big front teeth that stereotyped mice have v.v

Lone Wolf115

Sexy mousegirl sign me the fuck up. Can you get her pregnant?

Edit: Promise to be super nice to her. Will there be something similar to Kiyoko's chase sex scene that caters to Catfolk and Lupines.

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
:iiam:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Einin is pretty obviously something I won't enjoy... more importantly, I should point out the fallacy of becoming emotionally invested in a character who has no proof of being written, no official acceptance and (most importantly) consider the commitment of followers in CoC2 - this could end up as another Berwyn situation where Savin will need to find a replacement writer after already commiting to Einin's role as a follower in the game.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Will PCs height be taken into account where Einen matters? It's just most of my PCs are below 5ft but with the tiny Kitsune (sorry can't spell her name) my PC was smaller than her and acted as if my PC was taller.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Will PCs height be taken into account where Einen matters? It's just most of my PCs are below 5ft but with the tiny Kitsune (sorry can't spell her name) my PC was smaller than her and acted as if my PC was taller.

I will restate an earlier statement in regards to Kohaku: We can not grasp the true height of Kohaku. If she encounters someone shorter than herself, then she will warp space and time to maintain her status as the smallest.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I will restate an earlier statement in regards to Kohaku: We can not grasp the true height of Kohaku. If she encounters someone shorter than herself, then she will warp space and time to maintain her status as the smallest.
I know I read your comment before. I was just asking about Einen and used Kohaku as an example

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Einin is pretty obviously something I won't enjoy... more importantly, I should point out the fallacy of becoming emotionally invested in a character who has no proof of being written, no official acceptance and (most importantly) consider the commitment of followers in CoC2 - this could end up as another Berwyn situation where Savin will need to find a replacement writer after already commiting to Einin's role as a follower in the game.
Eeyore.jpg

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Einin is pretty obviously something I won't enjoy... more importantly, I should point out the fallacy of becoming emotionally invested in a character who has no proof of being written, no official acceptance
You mean, aside from Savin and William both acknowledging that the character has already been accepted?

Reading, try it sometime.