Harem, Dark RPG (VXA) game.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
The normal PC I use is throwing a fit again no idea when or if it will recover. This coupled with an eviction notice may put me out of contact for some unknown period of time.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
@Ikatashi_Paku While I normally follow your walkthrough religiously one time I deviated was while on the light path I chose to spare Edrin. That is because the dialogue makes it clear you will have a chance to turn him into a woman later and I wanted to add the lady version to my harem. Your walktrough doesn't even mention that you have the option to spare him and that was kind of important

Last edited:

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
Haven't posted in months.
Ker, Do you take suggestions in this forum or is it only in patreon?

If so, when a player has reached a current threshold of their nature (whether good or evil or neutral?), ttheir aura becomes red (evil), blue (good) or green (neutral). What I mean is that when you open your character's menu, the face/icon of the character has a red colored aura if evil, blue colored if good. it looks more organized that way.

If so, perhaps you can add more non-human looking characters? Like an elf girl (with elf ears), angel/goddess, ladyfuta, a robotic looking humanoid/cyborgs, demon/succubus, witches, heck even a creepy looking ghost girl, zombie, mutant.for variety purposes. I'm not sure whether you would accept lolis in your game, but I understand if you don't want that implented.

otherwise discard.

Do you add new music to new arenas? or is it the default music?

When do non-patreon versions be released on public, last update which I think was in June or July? Isn't it monthly?

Also saw that you posted on f95zone. If you want more general feedfack from non-patreon forums, then it would be cool to see you there more often for updates, to market/promote your game so other people don't miss out. Your game is really underrated. It should be more popular tbh.

The normal PC I use is throwing a fit again no idea when or if it will recover. This coupled with an eviction notice may put me out of contact for some unknown period of time.

Take your time. This game is good enough to invest time to explore.

Last edited:

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
Ker, I played this game for a very very long time, the original version (I think it was first released in 2011 or 2012), and still have the safe files. I think it stopped after you were released from jail during the trials. I was very disappointed to see there was no longer any updates after a very long hiatus, and saw that you came back and announced a remake to improve your game scripts, scenes, and add. I was very happy to see you back in action again! Game developers tend to make games mostly for income and as a job, but seeing you it's different. YOU on the other hand develop, and make this game because you seem to enjoy doing it, it seems to me that you don't take this as a random job you are forced to do, but rather you enjoy doing your job.

I wonder how long will you be invested in this project? Will there be spin offs?

I remember the only difference scene wise from the original game to the remake was the sex scenes are different. I noticed this when you bang Donna on her first encounter on good path. I still have the save file for that.I prefer remake obviously because of the improvements, and updates, but preferred the Donna smex scene in the original game.

This is a great game. Very underrated and underappreciated.

Your game is remarkable and enjoyable to a point, that I will restart over, to relive the amazing shit again tbh. I have some actual free time now, and I'm going to spend it mostly on the game. The story, the writing is all detailed and organized. Every bug is fixed as soon as possible which is appreciated.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem c6m5 is ready to be released to our Patrons! Terra, Samantha, and Noemi are back in your harem, and you’ve added Vanessa and Ariel as well. There are many other beautiful woman in Denai and Corsixa, It’s time to turn your attention to them. You will (finally) be able to add Alena to your harem on the light route, Rhea on the dark! Leona and Alison are also both worthy to be part of your quest, but taking them might be a challenge! But you can’t ignore the women already with you, both Vanessa and Noemi get some attention this release as well!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/14378644 (req $5+ pledge)
CG packs also updated!

c6m5
Content additions
-Both Rhea and Alena are restricted to the path you are on. No longer! The game will let you capture Alena on light and Rhea on dark after the events in Denai!
-Vanessa has finally accepted her place in your harem, but she can't just go AWOL. You'll have to bring her back to Corsix to report in, after a bit of additional 'encouragement'.
-My patrons wanted Noemi to get a reward scene, so she does!
-Both Leona and Alison belong in your harem, but getting them there might be a challenge. Time to start actively working on that goal!
-153 pages of new content!
-186 new images
-7 new in-game scenes, 2 new scenes for Legates+
-Several old maps improved
-Difficulty can now be changed from -100 to +100

Bug fixes/balancing
-Hunter is in the process of improving character skills, making combat more interesting. It will take several releases, but we're starting on it now!
-Numerous text fixes/event improvements in old content

And with the new release to my patrons, Harem c6m4 becomes free to the public! Harem c6m4 is a small release, due to me being out of commission for more than a month due to an illness, but still adds in a few scenes, new content, and re-opens Corsix to the player after the events in Denai. A huge QoL feature is adding an auto-save to Harem! The game will keep a current save in slot 101 at all times, so if the game crashes or you lose a fight, the last save is never that old!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3KuKjSbH2FhcE83OTIzUTdrQUE

c6m4
Content additions
-With all your slaves back in your possession, we can start to work on more sidequests and different areas. Corsix is being re-opened with new events involving Leona.
-Samantha’s back in your harem, but still stunned by her experience. You'll have to get her back onto her feet!
-Sarah's done so much for you in the past, time to make sure she knows how much she's appreciated.
-And you've done so much for Rachel, it's time for a greater reward than a quick kiss. Will she offer or will you demand?
-Cecilia is in your dungeon, but still refuses to kneel. You'll have to figure out why... and how.
-115 pages already written, more to come!
-127 new images, more to come!
-4 new scenes added to the game, more to come
-Harem now has an auto-save. Every map transition and battle will auto-save into slot 101
-Working on better chapter assignments.

Retcon
-You sent Joan back to the Westlands before leaving Corsix, if she was your slave

Reactions: Sayonara77

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Haven't posted in months.
Ker, Do you take suggestions in this forum or is it only in patreon?

If so, when a player has reached a current threshold of their nature (whether good or evil or neutral?), ttheir aura becomes red (evil), blue (good) or green (neutral). What I mean is that when you open your character's menu, the face/icon of the character has a red colored aura if evil, blue colored if good. it looks more organized that way.

If so, perhaps you can add more non-human looking characters? Like an elf girl (with elf ears), angel/goddess, ladyfuta, a robotic looking humanoid/cyborgs, demon/succubus, witches, heck even a creepy looking ghost girl, zombie, mutant.for variety purposes. I'm not sure whether you would accept lolis in your game, but I understand if you don't want that implented.

otherwise discard.

Do you add new music to new arenas? or is it the default music?

When do non-patreon versions be released on public, last update which I think was in June or July? Isn't it monthly?

Also saw that you posted on f95zone. If you want more general feedfack from non-patreon forums, then it would be cool to see you there more often for updates, to market/promote your game so other people don't miss out. Your game is really underrated. It should be more popular tbh.

Take your time. This game is good enough to invest time to explore.

I take suggestions and feedback everywhere!
-The save screen does change color based on route, but having a red menu is just bad from a UI perspective.
-Some demihumans are planned, the Eldari have already been hinted at. Some of your suggestions don't fit the theme, others don't have good models. But it is an area we will explore.
-I frequently purchase the rights to music to use in the game.

Ker, I played this game for a very very long time, the original version (I think it was first released in 2011 or 2012), and still have the safe files. I think it stopped after you were released from jail during the trials. I was very disappointed to see there was no longer any updates after a very long hiatus, and saw that you came back and announced a remake to improve your game scripts, scenes, and add. I was very happy to see you back in action again! Game developers tend to make games mostly for income and as a job, but seeing you it's different. YOU on the other hand develop, and make this game because you seem to enjoy doing it, it seems to me that you don't take this as a random job you are forced to do, but rather you enjoy doing your job.

I wonder how long will you be invested in this project? Will there be spin offs?

I remember the only difference scene wise from the original game to the remake was the sex scenes are different. I noticed this when you bang Donna on her first encounter on good path. I still have the save file for that.I prefer remake obviously because of the improvements, and updates, but preferred the Donna smex scene in the original game.

This is a great game. Very underrated and underappreciated.

Your game is remarkable and enjoyable to a point, that I will restart over, to relive the amazing shit again tbh. I have some actual free time now, and I'm going to spend it mostly on the game. The story, the writing is all detailed and organized. Every bug is fixed as soon as possible which is appreciated.

So Harem is what I do for a job, but I also love creating it. How long the current project will last is really up to the patrons. I frequently poll them to see if we should move ahead on the main plot or keep fucking around (and fucking more women). The answer is always who knows.
As to the change in content from v1 to v2. Some of it's changed, some isn't. In general I want to get away from outright rape (or at least have it rare) and more into trickery and coercion. Donna's first dark scene is definitely an example of that.

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
I take suggestions and feedback everywhere!
-The save screen does change color based on route, but having a red menu is just bad from a UI perspective.
-Some demihumans are planned, the Eldari have already been hinted at. Some of your suggestions don't fit the theme, others don't have good models. But it is an area we will explore.
-I frequently purchase the rights to music to use in the game.

So Harem is what I do for a job, but I also love creating it. How long the current project will last is really up to the patrons. I frequently poll them to see if we should move ahead on the main plot or keep fucking around (and fucking more women). The answer is always who knows.
As to the change in content from v1 to v2. Some of it's changed, some isn't. In general I want to get away from outright rape (or at least have it rare) and more into trickery and coercion. Donna's first dark scene is definitely an example of that.

-I see!
-Fair enough.
-Cool that you would explore some of my ideas and are open to them. As for theme, I kinda thought it would be just be a everything goes kinda thing. Perhaps they can just be minor models with a few sex scenes here and there. Also perhaps adding a gothic girl, or another pirate would be nice.
-Good to hear, sometimes vanilla RPG music (when you play a ton of it) gets old.
-I don't mind either way, this game is really good enough to start over from especially with new updates rise to the occasion. I wonder if you'll make a short game-spin off of it, given the success it has right now.
Yep!

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
@Ikatashi_Paku While I normally follow your walkthrough religiously one time I deviated was while on the light path I chose to spare Edrin. That is because the dialogue makes it clear you will have a chance to turn him into a woman later and I wanted to add the lady version to my harem. Your walktrough doesn't even mention that you have the option to spare him and that was kind of important

I never saw that choice or read the Dialog completely. Also my walkthrough doesn't cover every possible set of events. Like if you don't want to capture Heather by going through the Celeen Swords quest line or other optional captures. I also stopped starting over with each release, instead going through each route once for the release and calling it good there are bound to be inconsistencies between my walktrough and the game itself.
So feel free to make changes for your own preferences and desires. Ker's mechanical guide is probably a lot better to go off of all things considered, but I get bored and need to entertain myself between releases and writing "walkthroughs" helps or I'm allover the internet looking for more H games to download and play
I also don't like the guy. Option of him being turned into a woman and added to the harem isn't that appealing to me. Rhea is a good girl and I think she deserves to enjoy Edrin's death.

Last edited:

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
I never saw that choice or read the Dialog completely. Also my walkthrough doesn't cover every possible set of events. Like if you don't want to capture Heather by going through the Celeen Swords quest line or other optional captures. I also stopped starting over with each release, instead going through each route once for the release and calling it good there are bound to be inconsistencies between my walktrough and the game itself.
So feel free to make changes for your own preferences and desires. Ker's mechanical guide is probably a lot better to go off of all things considered, but I get bored and need to entertain myself between releases and writing "walkthroughs" helps or I'm allover the internet looking for more H games to download and play
I also don't like the guy. Option of him being turned into a woman and added to the harem isn't that appealing to me. Rhea is a good girl and I think she deserves to enjoy Edrin's death.
I was also going to give tell you other minor details that could use updating. Like the fact that there no longer is a Round Shield to be aquired in the first chapter. If you aren't interested in this would you mind if I updated my copies of the walkthroughs and sent them to you? You could then share them with everybody else?

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I was also going to give tell you other minor details that could use updating. Like the fact that there no longer is a Round Shield to be acquired in the first chapter. If you aren't interested in this would you mind if I updated my copies of the walkthroughs and sent them to you? You could then share them with everybody else?

thanks for the heads up. I stopped playing the game from the beginning with each release thinking that any changes would be pretty minor. I actually renamed the documents to include the chapter tile after Ker put them in, as well as some minor chances like the version ch#m# in CH.1, but they weren't added or swapped in when I sent them to Ker.

Edit away. I'm not so proud as to say my work is infallible and any spelling or grammatical errors that are fixed would be a help as I suck at both for a native English speaker it's embarrassing but true. though the .rtf format isn't being uploaded to the blog I could experiment with other text formats, when my ADD isn't kicking my ass. And if you want to share your edits I have no complaints. I'm lazy like that.... I just realized ADD and lazy is a horrible combo. 0.o

After the game is done I might go through the game and make a final draft for my walkthrough but I'll cross that bridge when I burn it.

Last edited:

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
thanks for the heads up. I stopped playing the game from the beginning with each release thinking that any changes would be pretty minor. I actually renamed the documents to include the chapter tile after Ker put them in, as well as some minor chances like the version ch#m# in CH.1, but they weren't added or swapped in when I sent them to Ker.

Edit away. I'm not so proud as to say my work is infallible and any spelling or grammatical errors that are fixed would be a help as I suck at both for a native English speaker it's embarrassing but true. though the .rtf format isn't being uploaded to the blog I could experiment with other text formats, when my ADD isn't kicking my ass. And if you want to share your edits I have no complaints. I'm lazy like that.... I just realized ADD and lazy is a horrible combo. 0.o

After the game is done I might go through the game and make a final draft for my walkthrough but I'll cross that bridge when I burn it.
How do I send you a file? would you be willing to pm me your email address?

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
How do I send you a file? would you be willing to pm me your email address?

Click on his avatar/icon (masked ninja faced), and then click Start a conversation with him. You can send your email to him, when you modified his walkthrough.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
My email I check is pack_kyle@hotmail.com
I don't check my yahoo often as I keep forgetting the password
1 thing I need to let you know about the updated walkthrough. While most of the changes were just correcting minor spelling and grammar errors (and removing the reference to the round shield that is no longer there)

There is one change I did not make to the walkthrough simply because I was unaware of if it is a change in the game or if it is simply due to my play style.

I don't get asked by Donna to bury her husband's corpse instead he just disappears from the landscape, but since I always do a pure Light playthrough the game may just make the choice for me according to my ethos at this point. Since I honestly don't know if that is the case or not I didn't want to alter the walkthrough regarding until I was certain. Hopefully Ker can clear up that point.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Got it. If you/anyone else find any other changes from the game and the walk through don't be afraid to let me know in my email I'm surprised I haven't gotten more of them.

Finally My Ch.6 update is going to be late as, while I have the basic stuff covered, it is from an early test beta and most the official dialog wasn't finished and I use that to find where to go next with some reliability and added flavor.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
Got it. If you/anyone else find any other changes from the game and the walk through don't be afraid to let me know in my email I'm surprised I haven't gotten more of them.

Finally My Ch.6 update is going to be late as, while I have the basic stuff covered, it is from an early test beta and most the official dialog wasn't finished and I use that to find where to go next with some reliability and added flavor.
Well I am trying to contact Ker about that Burial issue before I move on, also I will only be able to help you with the light side of the playthrough

animalia

Sep 13, 2017

Just talked to other people It doesn't matter which route you take burying the husband isn't mentioned anymore his corpse just disappears after Donna finds him and the dialogue doesn't change. I will send you the final version of v1 of the walkthrough in an email.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Well I am trying to contact Ker about that Burial issue before I move on, also I will only be able to help you with the light side of the playthrough
Just talked to other people It doesn't matter which route you take burying the husband isn't mentioned anymore his corpse just disappears after Donna finds him and the dialogue doesn't change. I will send you the final version of v1 of the walkthrough in an email.

Got it. Light is my vanilla playthrough and dark is my make sure I got most the details/ differences run. Not that I don't appreciate the help. Could I send the walkthrough update to you for proofing so all Ker really has to do is review, add his notes (if needed), and update the file?

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
Got it. Light is my vanilla playthrough and dark is my make sure I got most the details/ differences run. Not that I don't appreciate the help. Could I send the walkthrough update to you for proofing so all Ker really has to do is review, add his notes (if needed), and update the file?
sure one more thing I noticed you mentioned which version of the gem you were using for your walktrough . I left that alone. If you want to know which version I am using I am currently using 6m4.2

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
@Ikatashi_Paku I need your help with something. You know how you write an introduction for each member of the harem even if they are just minor slaves? Well you forgot to write an introduction for Fenja. I can insert said introduction into the walkthrough but I still need you to write it for me.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I may have just forgot to but her name. But I don't remember seeing her before you claim here in the Cellen Swords quest line.

I'll try to post just before I move but just a heads up. I won't have any net at home for quite some time after the move. So I'm either gonna be relying on public library wifi or just out of contact till I get internet at home again.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
I may have just forgot to but her name. But I don't remember seeing her before you claim here in the Cellen Swords quest line.

I'll try to post just before I move but just a heads up. I won't have any net at home for quite some time after the move. So I'm either gonna be relying on public library wifi or just out of contact till I get internet at home again.
Thank you

ker

Dec 11, 2015
First, sorry that I’m not posting as much as I used to. I’m definitely feeling better, I think this might be Discord playing with my head. I talk to a lot of players there, and I think that throws my ‘should communicate with the people whose generosity lets me develop Harem’ switch to ‘completed’. But I forget that for every 1 person on Discord, there’s 10 patrons who never touch Discord. And for every 1 patron, there is 100 people who play the game and track the game on the forums/blog. I will be trying to do a better job of talking to everyone in the future!

So that out of the way, lets talk about c6m6. The big thing I’m working on with c6m6 is opening up Elan. This will be a big project, and probably take 2-3 months to complete. I’ve already created a dozen new maps, several new quests and the start of the plotline as Kathleen finds out what’s happened to her people during the 200 years while she was the thrall of a lich.

c6m6 will be more gameplay and exploration than most releases, as much of the work I’ve been doing has been laying down the groundwork for the next several months of content. What we hope to do for 6m6
-Move the player into Elan. The major story arc will run through Kathleen and I want to get 3-5 steps into it, bringing her up to date with the history and then focus on her reactions in the later content. Hopefully you’ll get to bang her at least once.
-Do Yvone’s patreon scene. I haven’t updated polls this month because I want to get caught up with the Patreon scenes and after the Elan vote, we’ll be there for a while.
-Move Rachel on a few more steps. I have a fairly solid plotline for her that’s been sitting around for a few months now.
-Get Fiona traveling with you again if you captured her in Eowen.

Moving into the bubble range
-Start the non-Eowen capture for Fiona. Mary on both paths.
-Make some progress in Cecilia’s story
-Another scene with Samantha
-Start Terra’s transformation

I’m shooting for a release by the 15th, but that’s very loose atm. I’ll be doing my best to keep EVERYONE up to date in the future, don’t hesitate to poke me if it seems like I forgot!

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Well my birthday is tomorrow and I may have just lost my cat. With no mental prep and hope that I would catch her I'm doing what I can to not cry. typing this helped some.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
Well my birthday is tomorrow and I may have just lost my cat. With no mental prep and hope that I would catch her I'm doing what I can to not cry. typing this helped some.
Good luck with the cat. just a note the Walkthrough for chapter 4 is going to need MAJOR revisions to such an extent that I may even need to play through the game AGAIN when the times comes

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
thanks I appreciate the moral support and the help. I'll keep an eye on my mail. Also Net was hooked far sooner than I expected so I'll be in regular contact

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
thanks I appreciate the moral support and the help. I'll keep an eye on my mail. Also Net was hooked far sooner than I expected so I'll be in regular contact
Errr. I'm still waiting for that Fenja Introduction for part 3 to be honest. It just didn't seem like the place to mention it

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Errr. I'm still waiting for that Fenja Introduction for part 3 to be honest. It just didn't seem like the place to mention it

I'm gonna have to start over for that. May as well wait till the game is finished for a final draft. No real sense in making the final draft when the game isn't done. Granted changes back in Ch.1 & Ch.2 are going to be really minor and likely won't be noted at this point anyway.

animalia

Sep 13, 2017
Why do you need to start over to right an introduction for Fenja? If you don't feel up to writhing one wan't me to ask on the discord server if someone else is up to writing one for you?

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I'd have to start the game over cause I don't have a save that's not in Ch.6, and Fenja is pretty minor outside of the adding her, the search for her brother, and the trial, there's not much for her to be mentioned it's just here's a maid for the maid fetish. Also the intro scenes are ker's way of introducing a potential harem girl and I just note them if Fenja shows up prior to saving her I was unaware of it so it was more work than is really necessary at the time I wrote Ch.3's walkthrough and I'm lazy like that. A major factor in me not making my own game with Ren'py (I don't have the RPG Maker creation kits). If you deem it absolutely necessary for Fenja to have an intro in the walkthrough put something like "animalia's note" or "animalia:" the walkthrough is mostly for funzies for me and I don't have any opposition to people using it to write their own, editing it, or claiming it's theirs. aside from maybe Ch.1 I don't believe I put my username anywhere in the docs. I do plan to go through the game again when it is finished and no more content is being added, or retconned.